• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
More like we need less hackers to be online to have to motivation to play. =/

BSP

Smash Legend
I've gotten to 9999, but seriously, if you take a break from MKW, it really shows. It's so easy to go back to the 89XX range if you're rusty. Stupid items.

Shök

Smash Champion
I've gotten to 9999, but seriously, if you take a break from MKW, it really shows. It's so easy to go back to the 89XX range if you're rusty. Stupid items.
This really depends on the type of rooms you're in.

BSP

Smash Legend
This really depends on the type of rooms you're in.
Yes it does. But if you're rusty, even decent players might be able to get the jump on you. I'm talking about decent breaks though, like a week or so.

Looks like I'm in deep ****.
If you've taken a break, I'd recommend you do some practice races on a different license so you don't lose VR until you get your racing skills back up to par.

On a different note, who here has a good BR rating? People with good BR are insane in battle mode, lol. I can't hit them, and they always seem to have mega mushrooms when I'm coming for them. Must take some serious practice to get high BR.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I played MKWii yesterday with my brother after a very long time away from it. My rustiness really showed the first few races, but then I found my groove again afterward. I like this game again.

I love racing on Delfino Square so much. I think I've beaten the fast staff record on that track by about 15 seconds; I can't remember if my time was a 2:13 or a 2:03. Either way, I love that track a lot.

Delfino Sqaure, along with Moonlight Highway, Koopa Cape, and N64 Bowser's Castle, are among my favorite tracks in the game. I'm curious about what everyone else's are.

And if they would want to add me on MKWii and have a few races with me, lmao.

Shök

Smash Champion
this is weird I was coming from N5 thread saw your avatar and wondered where I already seen it before

anyway tired cuz of organizing a tournament with Blue Falcon only , I think it got 83 entrants so it was pretty cool
Ha ha. I see what you did thar, Thinobuns.

Yeah. I heard about the BF tourney the whole day, today. Pretty good job, if you ask me.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If Thino is around, a Mario Kart Wii tournament will be great since he's the best I know that host them. I don't know if any tournament ban bikes or so.

Shök

Smash Champion
If Thino is around, a Mario Kart Wii tournament will be great since he's the best I know that host them. I don't know if any tournament ban bikes or so.
Thino's last tournament did ban bikes. Blue Falcon only.

BEES

Smash Lord
Karts take significantly more skill than bikes. You have to snake instead of wheelie on straights, and plan your turns instead of simply reacting to them. Some turns are very challenging with the fastest karts. Because of the greater skill involved, I think karts are more suitable for tournaments. I also think the top karts are better balanced.

While 3 bikes clearly outclass the others, there are twice as many viable karts at least.

-Flame Flyer
-Wild Wing
-Honeycoupe
-Blue Falcon
-Mini Beast
-Sprinter
-Super Blooper
-Tiny Titan

The fastest karts (Flame Flyer/Sprinter) have more difficult controls that help balance them against the slower, better accelerating karts. While the Spear is a difficult bike to control, and it has the highest top speed of any usable vehicle, the payoffs are pretty poor against a Flame Runner, which is easier to use and gets better times on almost every track because of its broken turning circle.

Flame Flyers/Wild Wings/Blue Falcons can do well in bike-open tournaments, but they have serious disadvantages against the bikes, unless they're on Ghost Valley or something.

BSP

Smash Legend
Gosh, the thunder cloud is such a lame item. You hit like 3 people and it came RIGHT back lol.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
We should do a Mario Kart Tournament since the wifi is pretty decent.
IDK man, I thought I got 1st place once, and the wifi lagged so hard I actually got 4th.

EDIT: TC is a bad item yeah...I actually hate the Blue Shell, a lot. It is completely useless to you if you're far behind. Not to mention it doesn't hit anyone else BESIDES 1st place and whoever is around them (and can dodge it).

-Final-

Aria♪
I have zero experience with the karts in MKWii. I haven't played with them since back when I played Double Dash. I do not like having to snake. It's too tedius and having to do it makes the game not as fun IMO...

So, if you do a tourney with bikes banned, you can count me out. >_>

BSP

Smash Legend
IDK man, I thought I got 1st place once, and the wifi lagged so hard I actually got 4th.

EDIT: TC is a bad item yeah...I actually hate the Blue Shell, a lot. It is completely useless to you if you're far behind. Not to mention it doesn't hit anyone else BESIDES 1st place and whoever is around them (and can dodge it).
Well, it's not perfect, but it's not terrible at the same time.

You know what they need to do to the BS?

Make it to where it can't be obtained from an item box until a minute and a half or so has passed. A blue shell on Luigi's Circuit is just stupid.

The only reason I wouldn't want them to get rid of it entirely is because it would let anyone who gets a lead be pretty much uncatchable for the rest of the race.

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't use karts much. No point really with most people running around on bikes.

But if a tournament is karts only, ill start practicing with one.

BEES

Smash Lord
I have zero experience with the karts in MKWii. I haven't played with them since back when I played Double Dash. I do not like having to snake. It's too tedius and having to do it makes the game not as fun IMO...

So, if you do a tourney with bikes banned, you can count me out. >_>
Snaking is significantly easier than it was in DD.

BSP

Smash Legend
Heavy only...

At least it's not medium. I really think Daisy is more annoying than Funky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom