• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Online is pretty ****ty. You just pick your character, pick a course and a course is picked randomly for the courses chosen. The game randomly switches from 100cc to 150cc to mirrored so you'll get messed up when you try adjusting to the speed each time.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol, I haven't seen the rules for a while online ever since I stop having internet, I was around 9000 points but oh well. All I can remember is that it doesn't lag. XD I'm just glad the online isn't like Mario Kart DS... very limited stages as well as items and the gameplay changes as well. -_-;

Only bad part is that the speed changes in racing mode, and in battle it changes from Ballon to Coin battles every time your finished.... I'm pretty sure everyone knows this. ^_^;

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Baby Daisy is awesome.
Fixed.

Yeah, Mario Kart Wii's online is pretty awesome. No lag... although the ocassional racer seems to vanish for no reason... :psycho: Forget Final Destination Foxes only. It's all about Maple Treeway Baby Daisies only.

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
MKWii's online definitely isn't bad, but it doesn't have much to keep it going. No lag is nice and 12-player racing is fun, but the lack of options doesn' t make it last long.

I wouldn't mind playing some MKWii online here though, I'll edit my FC here

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The game has gotten rather boring for me too. Nowadays I only play the game to attend tournaments.
You don't have 12 friends that still play this game and have a random race off?!?! How strange, as for me, ever since my internet has been down, (which I belive is about 7 months now), I went back to playing my most favroite puzzle games with AI's all day, though the one's in Panel De Pon got easier, the one's in Puyo Pop Fever got harder. @_@

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You don't have 12 friends that still play this game and have a random race off?!?! How strange, as for me, ever since my internet has been down, (which I belive is about 7 months now), I went back to playing my most favroite puzzle games with AI's all day, though the one's in Panel De Pon got easier, the one's in Puyo Pop Fever got harder. @_@

Wi-Fi races can be rigged sometimes, which tends to irritate me. The worst thing that can happen is that you're in first place, but you finish last because of a Spiny Shell and a swarm of Red Shells afterwards.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I just unlocked dry powser and the last kart i needed today... :]
The last thing i need is mii outfit b and 2 or 3 stars infront of mine name for wifi. XD

And I use automatic.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I have one star, I can easily say that going for 2 or 3 is NOT worth it, I think not only do you have to come first in every race but you have to avoid hitting walls and getting hit with items. Sounds like bull****.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Wi-Fi races can be rigged sometimes, which tends to irritate me. The worst thing that can happen is that you're in first place, but you finish last because of a Spiny Shell and a swarm of Red Shells afterwards.
I'm "that guy" that gets bored with the online play, and by my third or fourth race, starts setting up horrible downfalls like that. It's good fun.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Cause I dont understand how to use manual :(
Actually, manual is a lot more precise than automatic, because you can control the drift angle. I would start with the Off-Roader - It's the most similar to the Dry Bomber from Mario Kart DS drift-wise, and can pretty much drift in a straight line, if you want to do so. Karts like the Bullet Bike turn way too quickly for me in manual drift, but if you like turning quickly, a kart like the bullet bike might be good practice.

EDIT: To drift, press a break/reverse/jump button while turning.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't understand how automatic works, I guess in all the other MKs drifting would have been manual but I can't see why they would even include automatic.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
they're just trying to make it easier for the less advanced players. Some players, especially young ones, don't understand the concept of Manual.

I use Automatic because I like it more o_o

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I use manual for karts and automatic for bikes. That's it for me, bikes are just far too tricky for me to deal with and still race well using Manual, although with Karts, I can't see how people use automatic, so it's funny that way I guess.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I play with it on manual, but when I first got the game, I had it in automatic. For people playing with the Wiimote wheel, manual is a bit tough to get used to, and you don't have the precision other controllers give you. Playing with the wheel, I find myself trying to drift as I start to turn, and accidentally drifting the wrong way. So that's maybe one reason.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I never used the Wii Wheel [it's still in the box] so I guess that's why I never used automatic.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I started with Automatic, but went to Manual after I got used to external drifting. Of course, I still use Automatic drifts for the Sprinter and Jetsetter since their Mini-Turbos are just pathetic.

Matt07

Smash Master
Urgh, I had this game for a while now, and re-playing it now to unlock everything. Getting 1 Star+ Ranking is hard, the computers are stupidly lucky (or I'm stupidly unlucky) and I always end up losing because of items. Really frustrating to re-do the Grand Prix over, and over again.

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
I've been actually playing this game a lot recently (after playing too much of Brawl) :] I currently use either Toad or Rosalina (which btw she was easy to unlock since I had Galaxy) and I use the GCN controller (I can't get used to the Wii-wheel). Getting one-star ranks is kinda easy for me...but until I start racing in the 150cc engine class, I'm not so sure if I can actually rack that rank or not :/ At this time I've been raising my versus rating in the regionals (I don't plan to try out worldwide yet till later on)...which now it's over 6000. Maybe I can unlock Birdo anytime soon...although the #1 unlockable character I'm going after is Toadette, but I'm like too lazy to unlock her -___-

Ange

Smash Lord
Urgh, I had this game for a while now, and re-playing it now to unlock everything. Getting 1 Star+ Ranking is hard, the computers are stupidly lucky (or I'm stupidly unlucky) and I always end up losing because of items. Really frustrating to re-do the Grand Prix over, and over again.
Why the CPUs are "lucky" is because they cheat. It's called "rubber band AI", which means they literally make it fast to the 1st/whatever place even if they got hit by items SEVERAL TIMES. Thats why they all pretty much drive past you if you get hit by a single Green shell. I really hate this when it comes to racing games. x_x Its one of the reasons the game is critizised for. Other MK games has this aswell, but not so extreme.

For the Automatic/Manual discussion, Manual is the system that has been in use for all Mario Kart games (dont know about Super Mario Kart tho..), so I have no reason to change, as Im used to the manual setup. I seriously dont get automatic, it feels wierd to not have the drift function when you turn. ]:

One thing I dislike about this game is that Balloon Battle MUST be played in teams, destroying the "last-man-standing" like in all other games. ._. Its probably cause its 12 players now instead of 8, bah.
Otherwise I love this game, tho some of the Retro tracks they got back sucks, like Peach Beach. Seriously wtf..

§leepy God

Smash Master
Otherwise I love this game, tho some of the Retro tracks they got back sucks, like Peach Beach. Seriously wtf..
What's wrong with Peach Beach? I thought is was a great track in Mario Kart Wii. All I have to say is that they should bring back Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart Super Curcit stages because they wern't fun to play on. Then again, I didn't like those two Mario Kart's that well, lol.

Ange

Smash Lord
What's wrong with Peach Beach? I thought is was a great track in Mario Kart Wii. All I have to say is that they should bring back Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart Super Curcit stages because they wern't fun to play on. Then again, I didn't like those two Mario Kart's that well, lol.
Its just so pale, although there is more stages who are even more pale, like Baby Park or the non-stop Luigi Circuits, but something about it just makes me bored. I cant really point out what. o_o It was already boring after just a few played times on MKDD.

And I agree, Mario Kart Super Curcuit got to be the worst MarioKart game ever. q_p The controls are kindoff horrible, and it got like.. a trillion modes and even more stages, or something, cant remember since it was years ago I played it last lol.

Hmm that was kindoff off-topic, ahwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom