• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
♣ GreenKirby has a strong point. Mario Kart is mostly on the casual gamers side since the first Mario Kart. Just that there are some people that want to play the game competitive, since most casual game aren't meant to be played competitive, the rules just doesn't fit the enjoyment of the game. Mario Party for example, this game was never meant to be competitive, but there are some who want's to just play the mini games and make a rule of winning, and see how it flows. Enjoyment for those who want a strange challenge, but a sad look for those who play the game for fun only, not for winning. ♥
^This
If you want a competitive racing game PLAY a competitive racing game (F-Zero, Excitebots, etc).

UberMario

Smash Master
no , by normal I mean SC like TF,MG (pit jump) , BC3 or N64BC
Oh I see.

I never played MKDS , but by the names you mentioned , I can tell you that most of those strats also exist in MKW
especially getting back to get better items.
They do but to a less useful extent in Wii.

(I HATE how items disappear after a lap of racing in the Wii version, it defeats the point most of the time when you purposely put a banana/fake item in a specific spot to deter followers.)

I dont know how its done in MKDS , but its not that you can just stop randomly on last lap and get 1st place.
In MKDS you try to be as far ahead as possible, as Blue Shells are dodgable.
In MKWii, Blue Shells are not dodgable (unless you had items, which isn't necessary in MKDS), and thus most of the time, I have to stop on the last lap in order to let someone else take the punishment. (I've had Wi-Fi races where the top 4 all stopped on the track in order to ensure they didn't get Blue Shelled, I was in 6th, 5th place took the lead amd got hit, which gave me the win, completely ridiculous that the item is so powerful.)

there are some item "rules" that the game always follow and that are also used to detect hackers in races

for example:
-there can be only one MegaShroom , Shock(Lightning), Bullet Bill , Thundercloud ,POW , Blooper at one time in a race
-there can be one blue shell in the air while another is being held but not more.
-theres a set time before first appearance of these power items and a time before they can appear again
example: the first lightning takes 30 seconds before first appearance and 25 seconds before it appears again after being used.
-you will get a single mushroom on the 10th item box you hit regardless of your position
-when an item isnt available ( someone else is holding it or has just been used) it will not appear in your item roulette when you hit an item box
When did I say hacking anywhere?

from those strategy focuses mainly "shockdodging" :
- predicting when someone is gonna get or has already gotten a lightning by item roulette and timer
Not fool-proof.

- predicting when that person will use the lightning depending if that person is a button masher , wants to get rid of lightning before the next set of item boxes , targets the person in first ( or someone else in particular ) , wants nobody to use power items to take the track's shortcut or shock mindgames , to use power items to dodge it (stars , megas , bullet bills)
Exactly, it destroys everyone else's strategies, which is bad.

- of course an experienced player that gets the will know that people will try to dodge the shock as , in a 12 players room , up to 6 players can dodge a bad shock.
so it becomes a race about can predict each other better.
If you fall off from a lightning bolt you either had really bad luck or aren't skilled enough to know to stay in the middle of the track.

and "mushroom holding" which consists mainly into reaching first place with mushroom(s) to be able to dodge Blue Shells
But the POW Blocks make that nearly impossible.

along Thundercloud sticking , Thundercloud offrooad glitch , Mushroom curse and other things..
What's the mushroom curse? and also the off-road boost isn't a glitch.

you'd be surprised at how much luck factor decreases in those kind of races
The more skilled the players, the MORE luck will be required to win. (If everyone has a relatively equal skill level.)

ps: POW isnt a scary item , you just have to slow down when done on dangerous curves.
I didn't say it was scary, although it destroys most strategies because of that obnoxious item-drop that it causes.

its because SMK and MK64 was mostly local , compared to MKDS and MKW that have wifi , allowing them to be more widespread in terms of rules and strategy
Only if they're one-vs-ones.

plus MKW is not as utter randomness as you seem to imply.
It's 20% more random than MKDD, the next most random game.

neither is MKW , thats the slight randomness I'm talking about
I lose most of my races in MK64/MKDS to shear skill, in MKWii, I lose most races by shear luck.

nope they're respectively 20 seconds and 40 seconds , thats not exactly the same type of lap tricking than in 2D MKs and they're still over 10 seconds
Grumble Volcano, no difference, in fact it's faster than some lap-ticking methods in SMK.

Mushroom Gorge, looks extremely bizzare and stupidly broken, amd even if it does take long, it's still lap-ticking.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I get it, skill nas negligible influence on Mario Kart Wii's outcome. Hopefully, a fan developed Mario Kart game will tone down the big items to 1/3 their power! Hopefully that's what they do in the next one! Everyone says Brawl and Mario Kart Wii are broken, and suddenly I don't want to play them anymore. The Wii has obvious problems with its software, the XBOX360 fails too often, and the PS3 is involved in too many scandals. ALL of this generation's consoles can go ahead and crash! I don't care anymore!

*5 minutes later* This isn't my first outburst here. Perhaps the mods can have a talk with me about them.

UberMario

Smash Master
Brawl is not broken. >_>

I'm just hoping the next one (or two) splits Mario Kart and Mario Motocross into two seperate, independent games, with the Mario Kart series having independent stats from the actual karts. (Like you could chose any style on the outside, and you can make a setup with an alloted amount of points to divide among the different stats)

But getting back on topic, has anyone else tried to have a race with someone driving backwards throughout the entire course? I just did it against someone whose Username was Mario (LOL) on the DS and it was fun . . . . until my wi-fi fizzed out for 5 seconds and DC'd me while I was battling for the lead on the final race of our third session. >_<

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
what i hate is the fact that pow blocks prevent item camping. Sure you can negate the shockwave but you still lose you items for any protection in the first place spot. Blue shells are also garbage because of the fact that they designate on the target that was in first place the moment it was fired. That mens even if you slow down to try and get the person behind you hit it will still hit you in the face. fake items are beyond useless. now. They are competely red colored so you cant hide them. Plus you cant even use them to block anything. So if you are in first and you have a fake item (which you usually will get) you are completely naked out there. MKWII punishes people that try to take the lead. Though thino i did not know some of that info.. thanks!

UberMario

Smash Master
what i hate is the fact that pow blocks prevent item camping. Sure you can negate the shockwave but you still lose you items for any protection in the first place spot. Blue shells are also garbage because of the fact that they designate on the target that was in first place the moment it was fired. That mens even if you slow down to try and get the person behind you hit it will still hit you in the face. fake items are beyond useless. now. They are competely red colored so you cant hide them. Plus you cant even use them to block anything. So if you are in first and you have a fake item (which you usually will get) you are completely naked out there. MKWII punishes people that try to take the lead. Though thino i did not know some of that info.. thanks!

^This (Although you do have time to let someone pass you before it strikes, and what did Thino say that you didn't know?)

They give the DS version the blue color from MK64, yet change the Fake Item to the red from DD in MKWii.

Overload

Smash Lord
Does anyone want to play me in MKDS right now? My DS is on, and I'm in a Mario Kart mood.

FC: 507005 401725

Show me your moves.

You can send me a message on AIM if you want to get in contact quickly.

Synthe

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone want to play me in MKDS right now? My DS is on, and I'm in a Mario Kart mood.

FC: 507005 401725

Show me your moves.

You can send me a message on AIM if you want to get in contact quickly.
Overload...remember when we played, you won by a lil bit
lol we should play again

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I wish you asked that question two years ago when I was good in Mario Kart DS, now I suck like crap for forgetting how to Snake and drift very fast. Oh well, I think I would play MKDS more if it had Toadette in it, I don't know why I favor her so much, I just do. <3

Overload

Smash Lord
I wasn't anywhere near my current skill level two years ago. I played some online matches with random people today, but they disconnected so they wouldn't get the loss on their record. I hate that crap, it happens nearly every time.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
^This (Although you do have time to let someone pass you before it strikes, and what did Thino say that you didn't know?)

They give the DS version the blue color from MK64, yet change the Fake Item to the red from DD in MKWii.
Oh i didnt know about some of the item rules in mario kart wii. Usually fir the last ditch effort i try to get right next to some body for the explosion radius if all else fails then I just try to get near a slanted slope so when im hit i fall a tiny bit less.

Thino

Smash Master
They do but to a less useful extent in Wii.

(I HATE how items disappear after a lap of racing in the Wii version, it defeats the point most of the time when you purposely put a banana/fake item in a specific spot to deter followers.)
No , they do not disappear after a set time , they disappear because there's a maximum amount of item there can be on the track , after that every new item makes the oldest item disappear

I never noticed that happen often though , even on long tracks like BC3 or BC64.

When did I say hacking anywhere?
my point was that anybody can use these rules to predict items , hacking was just an example to show how accurate those rules are.

Not fool-proof.
I'm glad it isnt. it would be boring to use a strategy that works every single time. but doing it correctly gives you a pretty good lead , unless you ruin it by making mistakes or getting more than two blue shells

Exactly, it destroys everyone else's strategies, which is bad.
No , everyone else's strategy revolves around dodging the shocks

But the POW Blocks make that nearly impossible.
depends on the track and if a POW has already been used or not when you start mushroom keeping.
tracks like GCN Waluigi Stadium , GCN DK Mountain or Rainbow Road arent very POW-friendly

What's the mushroom curse? and also the off-road boost isn't a glitch.
the mushroom curse is when racers in last keep power items ( lightning bolt , bullet bill ) and stars for too long , if you're in last you will start getting ONLY mushrooms ( single , triple or golden ) even if they use their items until you get 7th or 6th

I'm not talking about the boost the TC gives you , this one finishes once the TC is gone
the TC offroad glitch allows you to keep the offroad effect until the end of the race , by using a power item ( except lightning ) on the very frame someone touches you with a TC ( actually , when the "lag" touches you )

The more skilled the players, the MORE luck will be required to win. (If everyone has a relatively equal skill level.)
I'd agree if the game was really THAT random . there was a time it was.

Only if they're one-vs-ones.
MKW 1v1 with items would be competitive only if TCs didnt appear

4v4 or 5v5 are far more popular

It's 20% more random than MKDD, the next most random game.
what do you mean by 20%?

I lose most of my races in MK64/MKDS to shear skill, in MKWii, I lose most races by shear luck.
I already said it in another post but , compared to other Kart games , MKW does not have a very long learning curve in terms of driving skill ( press R , wheelie , tricks , wheeeee?).
As a result , it becomes quickly about knowing how to use your items better as anyone can drive well.

so its indeed normal to lose MK64/MKDS races by shear skill , but when you say you lose MKW races by shear luck I hope you're not simply talking about losing to items

Grumble Volcano, no difference, in fact it's faster than some lap-ticking methods in SMK.

Mushroom Gorge, looks extremely bizzare and stupidly broken, amd even if it does take long, it's still lap-ticking.
the Players Page knows about those details more than me , but I think the reason why lap ticking has been banned altogether from 2D MKs ( SMK , MKSC) isnt only because of the shortness , but more about the way its done.

thats why lap ticking is also allowed in MK64

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on the main subject I agree that the fanbase is trying to make a casual-oriented game competitive no matter how much Nintendo tries to dumb it down , the reason is the same as smash bros :
its because the game is popular.

UberMario

Smash Master
No , they do not disappear after a set time , they disappear because there's a maximum amount of item there can be on the track , after that every new item makes the oldest item disappear
I didn't say it was a set time, it's just that the amount of items usually result in you only seeing them once (a.k.a. a lap)

I try to remember where every banana/fake item is so that on the next lap I plant another item nearby. (Like on the edge of a jump) It's effective in MKDS, but not MKWii.

I never noticed that happen often though , even on long tracks like BC3 or BC64.
I've had races where I place a fake item right next to another at the edge of a pit, only to look back and see it's companion disappear right in front of a person that was about to hit it.

my point was that anybody can use these rules to predict items , hacking was just an example to show how accurate those rules are.
I'm quite sure I've had races with multiple Megas being simultaneously used, and the fact that any "broken" item currently being held by someone does not appear on the roulette is a useful tip, thanks, I almost never look at it until it stops.

I'm glad it isnt. it would be boring to use a strategy that works every single time. but doing it correctly gives you a pretty good lead , unless you ruin it by making mistakes or getting more than two blue shells.
True, but it's just as boring to lose that lead to a red shell you were intending block because of the shock, then get hit by another shell, then a Mega, then get hit by a Star . . . . . . .

No , everyone else's strategy revolves around dodging the shocks
I meant item strategy.

depends on the track and if a POW has already been used or not when you start mushroom keeping.
tracks like GCN Waluigi Stadium , GCN DK Mountain or Rainbow Road arent very POW-friendly
The tracks (in general) aren't hilly enough to help you, and considering it's in 3D, why are almost all of the new tracks flat? (Excluding KC, BC, MPLTW, and WGM)

the mushroom curse is when racers in last keep power items ( lightning bolt , bullet bill ) and stars for too long , if you're in last you will start getting ONLY mushrooms ( single , triple or golden ) even if they use their items until you get 7th or 6th
Interesting, didn't know that, this is yet another reason why I say this game punishes item strategy.

I'm not talking about the boost the TC gives you , this one finishes once the TC is gone
the TC offroad glitch allows you to keep the offroad effect until the end of the race , by using a power item ( except lightning ) on the very frame someone touches you with a TC ( actually , when the "lag" touches you )
How often does this scenario occur?

I'd agree if the game was really THAT random . there was a time it was.
So you admit it's random? and when you say was do you mean before people only chose Daisy and Funky? You're not very clear about that.

MKW 1v1 with items would be competitive only if TCs didnt appear
or POW Blocks, or Bullet Bills.

4v4 or 5v5 are far more popular
Are you referring to team mode?!?!?!

what do you mean by 20%?
These are the random percentages IMO (not exact of course):

SMK 5% (Lightning only thing imbalanced)
MK64 15% (About right, pretty much everything is recoverable from, plus items don't disappear by themselves)
MKSC 8% (Mushroom overpowered, can cause foes to literally be at a stand still. The "Boo Punishment" adds an "exciting" side to being in the lead, not to mention having to race perfectly in order to hold off homing shells.)
MKDD 50% (Spinies almost perfectly unavoidable, first game to feature item-loss from Lightning Bolts)
MKDS 10% (Fake Items can be hidden again, stages have awesome, unpredictable elements)
MKWii 70% (Items, 30% not random= general kart/character choices, tracks, spinies being predictablly abundant)

I already said it in another post but , compared to other Kart games , MKW does not have a very long learning curve in terms of driving skill ( press R , wheelie , tricks , wheeeee?).
As a result , it becomes quickly about knowing how to use your items better as anyone can drive well.
Exactly, it's not about the racing anymore.

so its indeed normal to lose MK64/MKDS races by shear skill , but when you say you lose MKW races by shear luck I hope you're not simply talking about losing to items.
Yes, I am, it's hard to keep items to protect you when spinies, lightning, and POWs are constantly ripping them away from you.

the Players Page knows about those details more than me , but I think the reason why lap ticking has been banned altogether from 2D MKs ( SMK , MKSC) isnt only because of the shortness , but more about the way its done.
Grumble Volcano IS lap-ticking. MG, not so much.

thats why lap ticking is also allowed in MK64
Technically it isn't on the "official record" list if I recall. Also, they're really giant (80% of the track) shortcuts, it's not really lap-ticking.

on the main subject I agree that the fanbase is trying to make a casual-oriented game competitive no matter how much Nintendo tries to dumb it down , the reason is the same as smash bros :
its because the game is popular.
Stop bashing Brawl darn it! It really does take skill to win in.

Also, aren't you being a hypocrite? You were saying originally how it isn't dumbed down, yet now you are.

Thino

Smash Master
I didn't say it was a set time, it's just that the amount of items usually result in you only seeing them once (a.k.a. a lap)

I try to remember where every banana/fake item is so that on the next lap I plant another item nearby. (Like on the edge of a jump) It's effective in MKDS, but not MKWii.

I've had races where I place a fake item right next to another at the edge of a pit, only to look back and see it's companion disappear right in front of a person that was about to hit it.
thats true , I've rarely seen an item last more than a lap , I suppose its not possible because of the amount of items being used
I'm quite sure I've had races with multiple Megas being simultaneously used, and the fact that any "broken" item currently being held by someone does not appear on the roulette is a useful tip, thanks, I almost never look at it until it stops.
I was wrong about Megas
I meant item strategy.
you dodge shock with items.
every other strat has much less priority:
if you got a star and theres a shortcut nearby , you ditch the shortcut and save the star for shock
How often does this scenario occur?
in a free-for-all , almost never.
in team race on the other hand , its possible with voice communication , thus happens more often , its generally free +15 for the team when the track has a lot of offroad ( MR , SGB ) because you get instant accelereration even from spinies

So you admit it's random? and when you say was do you mean before people only chose Daisy and Funky? You're not very clear about that.
no , much later than that , people started using funky and daisy pretty early , and yes at that time , it was everyone run for himself and hopes he get a good item from item boxes , and rooms with people from equal skill were 80% luck based.

until people started knowing how important shock was in team races , then it affected free for all races too.

that was about October/November 2008.
Are you referring to team mode?!?!?!
yep.

not the game's team mode of course , teams are formed randomly with that one.
its a normal GP , with everyone from the same team , wearing the same tag before their mii names
the team scores are added at the end of the GPs etc..
the competitive scene isnt focused on 1v1 or 12 players ffa , but on those team races.

Exactly, it's not about the racing anymore.
I think it was Nintendo's goal , and they managed to do it pretty well.
still doesnt prevent the game from being competitive though.

Technically it isn't on the "official record" list if I recall. Also, they're really giant (80% of the track) shortcuts, it's not really lap-ticking.
http://www.mariokart64.com/mk64/points.cgi
if DKJP,YV and FS arent lap ticking I dont what they're.

Stop bashing Brawl darn it! It really does take skill to win in.

Also, aren't you being a hypocrite? You were saying originally how it isn't dumbed down, yet now you are.
I'm not bashing brawl , I'm talking about the smash bros series being casual oriented in general , not just brawl .
plus I know it takes skill to win , that doesnt change the fact it 's been dumbed down you can't deny it , but thats another subject.

the point I'm defending here is that MKW isnt as luck based as it seems to be , quote me where I said it isnt dumbed down. ever since I started talking about MKW I said that the only good part is wifi , and that the advanced part of the game revolves around item usage rather than driving skills.

nice to discuss with someone that knows as much about MK as me :3

UberMario

Smash Master
you dodge shock with items.
I still don't quite follow you.

every other strat has much less priority:
if you got a star and theres a shortcut nearby , you ditch the shortcut and save the star for shock
Unless it's 64MR, the second portion of DH, or DP (either SC).

in a free-for-all , almost never.
in team race on the other hand , its possible with voice communication , thus happens more often , its generally free +15 for the team when the track has a lot of offroad ( MR , SGB ) because you get instant accelereration even from spinies
In that case, I've never experienced that, I just play FFA as I can't take MKWii seriously because of the wide variety of character/kart stats, which is detrimental to the amount of variety.
As strange as that sounds, you know it's true, the more varied the karts/bikes, the less most of them will be used.

no , much later than that , people started using funky and daisy pretty early , and yes at that time , it was everyone run for himself and hopes he get a good item from item boxes , and rooms with people from equal skill were 80% luck based.

until people started knowing how important shock was in team races , then it affected free for all races too.

that was about October/November 2008.
Like I said, I don't play team modes (whether or not the game says it is, you're playing as a team) so I don't know how game-changing it is.

I think it was Nintendo's goal , and they managed to do it pretty well.
still doesnt prevent the game from being competitive though.
Not when you're alone and on wi-fi.

http://www.mariokart64.com/mk64/points.cgi
if DKJP,YV and FS arent lap ticking I dont what they're.
DKJP: Not lap-ticking, it's placing you 80% through, but not all the way
YV: Only if perfected
FS: Lap-ticking

P.S. notice how glitch-shortcut times are seperated from normal ones.

I'm not bashing brawl , I'm talking about the smash bros series being casual oriented in general , not just brawl .
plus I know it takes skill to win , that doesnt change the fact it 's been dumbed down you can't deny it , but thats another subject.
I don't see a major difference between Melee and Brawl, other than Melee is ground-based, and Brawl is more aerial-based.

the point I'm defending here is that MKW isnt as luck based as it seems to be , quote me where I said it isnt dumbed down. ever since I started talking about MKW I said that the only good part is wifi , and that the advanced part of the game revolves around item usage rather than driving skills.
It is for people like me who refuse to funkyflamifly ourselves in-order to win, especially when we use karts.

nice to discuss with someone that knows as much about MK as me :3
Thanks! We should play DS Wi-fi sometime.

BTW, have you 3-Starred any of your games? I'd rate your debating skills at that.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I still believe Mario Kart 64 > all other mario karts

Thino, I have mario kart DS and it's alright but sadly for me my dsi supports wpa security but MKDS doesn't so no wifi <_<

UberMario

Smash Master

Thino, I have mario kart DS and it's alright but sadly for me my dsi supports wpa security but MKDS doesn't so no wifi <_<
. . . . . .

What do you mean "WPA Security"?

Last time I checked, you could put the WPA key into MKDS in order to use wi-fi.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Well, I came back from a casual MKW gathering last night. One set-up for about 10 people. Still fun, though.

Since I mostly play Time Trials, I almost never looked too much into the items scene. I never realized it could be that fascinating. All I know how to do is drive well.

Depends what you want in a game. For what I want, though, I second your statements.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I like Mario Kart 64 the best because I feel like I'm controlling the karts at a faster speed than the other games. Mario Kart for Wii is cool because of it's pool of characters and online play however the karts feel very slow to me and the turning feels tight. It gets boring after awhile. Mario Kart 64 also has the best battle stages like Blockfort and Double Deck. I just wish it had some of the SNES features like the coins on the racetrack and the feather as an item. It gets annoying having to deal with dodging red shells when you don't have a star or a shell shield to deflect it. The feather could've also stopped the spiked shells. Double Dash is alright, but it doesn't have the same effect for me like the Mario Kart 64.

UberMario

Smash Master
Mario Kart Wii was a completely chaotic racing game, Double Dash was definitely the best game...I've made plans to make a second one, but I don't have Flash nor coding experience, but everything else...
What do you mean "make"? Are you working on MKSource or something?

@SharkAttack: Have you tried Super Circuit or DS?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Super Circuit is kind of like playing Super Mario Kart, but with the same rouster as Mario Kart 64. Mario Kart DS is great to try.

Judging by most ratings, the order of Mario Kart would be Super Mario Kart > Mario Kart Super Circuit > Mario Kart DS > Mario Kart 64 > Mario Kart Double Dash > Mario Kart Wii on Metacritic scale. Though there's not a single Mario Kart game that ever failed except for the arcade one's, some have more positive reviews than others. Though the fans opinion matters much more.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ You also have to remember that raters love to rate newer games less than the old one's, right? ;3 ♥

♣ It's always hard to make Mario Kart Double Dash play in eight different TV's for eight players. T_T ♥

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I only use the Wii Wheel for fun, I really use Classic Controller over all, the black color one that is. ;3 ♥

Mugen Infinity

Smash Apprentice
All I know is, MKDS is my favorite video game OF ALL-TIME. Any system, anything. It just has so much packed into one game. I've spent so many hours playing wifi, it's not even funny.

I've 3 starred all the grand prixs, and have almost 3 starred all the challenges as well. My Time Trial times are in the top 20 for most of those websites that keep track of the world records, but as I don't have action replay to record it or a legitimate way to confirm my times, I can't really submit them.
I'm always designing new emblems for wifi, using http://www.joshbuhler.com/mkemblem/ and making names for them. I take it with me wherever I go. The mall, the movies, ect. You never know when you'll run into someone playing it, because it seems like EVERYONE has it!

I recall being at the midnight screening of Pirates of the Caribbean, the 3rd one. We were in the theater 2 hours before the movie began. So I whip out my DS and start playing Mario Kart. Lo and behold, it turned out 2 other people were playing it in the theater too! I never knew where they were because it was so crowded, but I played for a good 45 minutes with my anonymous Mario Kart buddies in that theater. I guess they were within 40 feet of me, but I never spotted them.

The order for me goes MKDS > MK64 > MKSC > MKDD. Haven't played the Wii or Super Nintendo versions.

UberMario

Smash Master
I wonder why the Chain Chomp was replaced by the Bullet Bill. The awesome music and power of the CC made it so epic.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The Bullet Bill is an upgrade since you can get hit when using it, which is a big plus. But I guess getting rid of the Chain Chomp did make a motive to play Mario Kart Double Dash eh? =P

UberMario

Smash Master
The Bullet Bill is an upgrade since you can get hit when using it, which is a big plus. But I guess getting rid of the Chain Chomp did make a motive to play Mario Kart Double Dash eh? =P
While true, it looks just plain wrong to transform into a machine as opposed to being dragged along.

BSP

Smash Legend
Did anyone else enjoy the special items? I liked them cause it added some strategy to who u picked. I always went big bro with baby bro.

Top Bottom