• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Although the online has been improved slightly (less D/Cs), I notice that sometimes people still finish ahead of me even when I cross the line first?

Example: I come into the finish line 2nd, and it says so when I cross with nobody in sight behind me. However, there is a period of some kind of unique lag where it takes a while for the scores to calculate. Then, 10 seconds later, the scores come in and I am behind a place, sometimes two places?

I don't know if it's a case of severe lag or a glitch or some kind, and this rarely happens, but I find it peculiar.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
After about a two-month hiatus, I've started playing a little bit of Mario Kart 8 again. To be blunt, it was the announcement of the spectacular DLC we are to receive in the future (along with the free Mercedes DLC and update) that gave me the incentive to play the game again. I believe it's a pretty brilliant move from Nintendo to separate the releases (whether that long of a gap is needed or not is up for debate, but whatever), because in cases like my own, it adds to the overall replay-value of the game (because I'll likely stop playing again soon (Hyrule Warriors and SSB3DS), but pick it up for a while again come the Link and two additional cups DLC) and also bring more interest in purchasing the game towards people who haven't yet purchased a Wii U (I've already had a couple friends of my own tell me that they plan to pick up Mario Kart 8 once TLoZ DLC launches in November).

Anyways. . . Online has been treating me well. After the 7 or so hours I had played in two days, I actually had only been disconnected twice, and experienced noticeable lag issues a few times (one being the case in which @ Mysteltainn Mysteltainn described above). It's not perfect, but I've been more-or-less content with it for the most part). I had increased my online rank (VR) to about 5,000, which I am sure is much exceeded with some around here, but after not being on for quite some time, I feel pretty comfortable with that (I still seem to be placing the majority of my races in 1st, anyhow).

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I truly wonder if someone has compiled all the interesting graphics in Mario Kart 8. Like what all the advertisements say, or the license plates of the cars in Toad's Turnpike to see if they mean anything.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Lol I have time trialed Toads Turnpike for a while now and I don't think I have even looked at the license plates ever. I did however read all of the signs on Royal Raceway though. There's a "Females of Racing!" sign that has Birdo on it, even whilst s/he's not present in the game itself.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'd make a DLC pack with Ness or Lucas as drivers, the Monster Car from EarthBound as a vehicle, and possibly a track inspired by Onett or something. Then again though, I'm a pretty big EarthBound fan, so my idea of a 'good' DLC pack may sound ludicrous to most of you, LOL.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This thread sure died off during the past few weeks. Anyway, it's been revealed today that the B Dasher kart body will be included in the first DLC pack. Based on マリチャン's description, the kart body is speed-oriented, which could mean that its stats are the same as that of the Mach 8 kart body.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
With 99,999 points to gather, it makes the game sound like high school, where people brag about being higher than others.

Why do I find it suitable as a Sword Art Online parody? I don't know, but I'm almost done with collecting all the stamps.

D

Deleted member

Glad to see the B Dasher return. I just hope that we get more classic Karts, such as the Wario Car from Double Dash!! or the Wild Wing from Wii for example.

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
Glad to see the B-Dasher back, it's a really iconic kart, and I'm a big fan of it.

But I'd love to see some other karts return, like the Wario Bike, just because it's pretty iconic for the Wario series, and it was really cool to be able to drive it in Mario Kart. I also hope Bowser's Car from 3D World is a Kart, that'd be really neat.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

"Master Cycle."
It apparently has "plenty of horse power."

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Master Cycle sounds pretty legit. I can't wait to see the new tracks for the first pack, tho! I know one's going to be referencing Mute City from F-Zero X, and another was from Faron Woods. (Not too sure on the last one.)

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

The music.
Also, tracks which have already been brought back in the past are now fair game!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Can't wait to burn up the track with Link! That'll be epic.

I also wonder if the new tracks will be usable online or if they're strictly for offline. I'm assuming they will be, but I also find it strange how it will work if the roulette will pick tracks that some of the people don't own (people who don't have the DLC. I'm going to make an assumption again and say that people who don't have the DLC will have at least the track layouts on their game file from a mandatory patch similar to how the coloured Yoshis and Shy Guys function.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
What you guys think about the DLC release? Before or after Smash? On the eShop it says "end of november 2014"

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Get hype! Nintendo released a trailer showing off the new Excitebike Arena stage we'll be getting. GameXplain also has a detailed analysis of the trailer and they say the arena will change (the jumps and their positions) every time you race on it (except for TT); this is indeed interesting.

Also, dat music.

Last edited:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Despite being very basic and simple, that track looks so fun! I want to go off endless jumps!

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
There's just one problem. Literally every track has three laps or sections, and you'd easily notice this on the highlight reels.
Yes.. but the track looks so small, somewhat a little bigger than baby park... at least looks like the stage change everytime you play in it...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Thoughts on what they'll show for the Direct?

I'm hoping we get the DLC release date, see some of the alleged Amiibo costumes, and see the other 2 tracks coming out in action.

Shog

Smash Ace
Wow, Amiibos got a huge value right now. I mean getting Samus Amiiboo seems to be worth it.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
13/11/2014 is the date for the first pack. It's earlier than I expected, but I'm glad; I can't wait to use Link on that Master Cycle. I hope that it's an inward drifting bike, as I'll main the combo for sure if it is.

At first I was going to wait for Ness' Amiibo, but at this point I think I'm going to go ahead and get Link's. Link seems to have quite a lot of value in him due to Smash, MK8 and Hyrule Warriors.

So glad we're getting this soon, the wait for Sm4sh is slowing to a crawl for me, these new tracks and content will make things easier.

Last edited:

Sgtxam

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sgtxam
3DS FC
2964-8815-6265
GameXplain posted videos of Hyrule Circuit, excitebike, and Mute City. They look so cool and Hyrule Circuit even has a puzzle of sorts.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I saw the Dragon and Ice level and was just thinking, "Sonic Unleashed confirmed for MK8?" I'll take it.

Last edited:

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
Captain Falcon fans most likely jumped with joy when the map was announced, and the amiibo scanning was compatible in the direct earlier today.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Captain Falcon fans most likely jumped with joy when the map was announced, and the amiibo scanning was compatible in the direct earlier today.
I'm a huge F-Zero fan, and I'm more devastated than anything else. Bad enough that Mario Kart is cribbing off it's gameplay style, now we have the series' corpse being paraded around.

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
I'm a huge F-Zero fan, and I'm more devastated than anything else. Bad enough that Mario Kart is cribbing off it's gameplay style, now we have the series' corpse being paraded around.
Ah, I see. My mistake then, I've never really played a game from the F-Zero franchise, so I am unaware of how a fan of that series would feel.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Ah, I see. My mistake then, I've never really played a game from the F-Zero franchise, so I am unaware of how a fan of that series would feel.
I wouldn't feel so upset if we could just get a new F-Zero. The last one was over a decade ago, and never released outside Japan. I'm sure Nintendo means well with this tribute to it, but to me, it's a painful reminder that the series is deader than dead. It's so close to the real thing, but it's not the real thing.

Last edited:

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
I wouldn't feel so upset if we could just get a new F-Zero. The last one was over a decade ago, and never released outside Japan. I'm sure Nintendo means well with this tribute to it, but to me, it's a painful reminder that the series is deader than dead. It's so close to the real thing, but it's not the real thing.
I see what you mean, maybe you could look at this in a positive manner such as, if the F-Zero DLC sells and does well enough in reviews, perhaps Nintendo would consider a new game.

Top Bottom