• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
EEEP. I can't wait for this DLC. I do wish we could have gotten either unused Mario verse characters like Bowser Jr/Birdo/Diddy in the 4th Peach and Mario's places, or even more AC/Zelda characters, but this is perfectly awesome DLC.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
God damn it, having the DLC on the character select and course select screens already is sooooo teasing.

But I purchased the bundle pack already. All ready to go, and I can use the alternate Yoshis and Shy Guys if I want.

As for the Mercedes DLC, the cars are cool, and I love how they light up in anti-gravity sections. But I won't really use them because the Yoshi Bike is still doing me a lot of good.

Also, they increased the VR. I'll never max it out now! D:

And does anybody know how to make the map show up on the TV? That's supposed to be part of the update but I can't find out how.

Also, I ran into a glitch that y'all should be wary of - I downloaded the Mercedes DLC before the update which didn't cause me any problems, tried the GLA out just fine. But when I later went to purchase the Zelda and AC DLC, I couldn't use the Mercedes DLC after the purchase, as the game was now displaying it in the Shop. I had to restart the game to make the Mercedes DLC work again. It's a small glitch that confused me for a moment. They should really fix it though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've downloaded the Mercedes-Benz pack, and pre-ordered the new packs. As for the stats...

1: All Yoshi colors use the Mid-Light category stats.
2: All Shy Guy colors use the Light category stats.
3: GLA Tires do not affect stats; same stats as Standard.
4: GLA has the same stats as the Steel Driver, Tri-Speeder, Badwagon, and Standard ATV.
5: W 25 Silver Arrow has the same stats as the Pipe Frame, Standard Bike, Flame Rider, Varmint, and Wild Wiggler.
6: 300 SL Roadster is an aesthetic vehicle body; its stats are the same as the Standard Kart.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Well, as a bike user, I don't really get anything out of this, but the cars are pretty cool, I may use the W 25 Silver Arrow for heavy chars from time to time though, since it's like the Pipe Frame in stats.

I did however pre-order the bundles, and got the Yoshis and Shy Guys for when I feel like using 'em. I can't wait for Link though, and seeing him sitting in the select screen already is such a tease.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I so wanna know what are the actual tracks in the DLC. I hope for Daisy Hills and Wario Coliseum.
So far, to my knowledge, the confirmed tracks are Wii Warios Goldmine, an F-zero based track, an Excite Bike based track, an Animal Crossing based track, and a cave-like track. The other tracks remain unknown.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The F-Zero track looks to be Mute City, specifically. Has the same buildings Mute City had in F-Zero GX.

As far as retro tracks go, I'm hoping for Rosalina's Ice World, that was one of the best tracks in MK7 (not really fond of Melody Motorway/Music Park, and while DK Jungle has grown on me, it's not my favourite). And maybe they'll be really cool and start adding tracks from the Arcade GP games. But that might be wishful thinking. I wouldn't mind DS Bowser's Castle either.

What was it increased to?
99,999 I believe.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
God I'd like to know how the LoZ Course looks like (this sentence still appears to be weird)! Maybe Hyrule Field combined with the castle? Or even the Lost Woods? This is gonna be awesome!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm betting there will be at least a Skyloft course.

I am curious as to whether or not the Triforce Cup will be totally Zelda courses, though. You'd think Wario's Gold Mine would be part of an all-retro Egg Cup, but if you look at how things are laid out, the Triforce Cup is actually in the Retro row.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'm gona say the reason why SSB4 Villager wasn't chosen for this Villager's design was that there's no official artwork from New Leaf of his specific appearance. It's a bit tricky to recreate in that game too.

I sincerely hope Villager and Isabelle get voices for this game. Oh, and we can expect Link's grunting to be hilarious in race. "HYAAAH! HYAAAH! HYAAAH! EIYAAAH! GAAAAH!"

Also, how ya be enjoyong the Beamers? They're quite abundant in global races.

who's ready for Isabelle's death stare?
Villager vs. Luigi Death Stare-off!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Here's to hoping we get a bike with stats like the Jet Bike/Yoshi Bike/etc that's based on Epona lol.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Since Wario's Gold Mine is returning, how about we throw in an additional 3DS course to round it off? Rock Rock Mountain? Neo Bowser City? Wuhu Loop or Maka Wuhu for more crossover value?

I expect we get some new Mario tracks under 1 out of 2 cups per pack. What settings would you like to see be tackled?

R0Y

Smash Master
Personally going to wait a bit to pre-order the DLC, I never buy anything off the eShop so I'll have to go hunt a $20 card I guess. Dat price though, same price in Canada as the US, I approve.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Personally going to wait a bit to pre-order the DLC, I never buy anything off the eShop so I'll have to go hunt a $20 card I guess. Dat price though, same price in Canada as the US, I approve.
But you can buy the content through the game it does not transport you to the eShop:p

R0Y

Smash Master
But you can buy the content through the game it does not transport you to the eShop:p
Well it transports you into an in-game eShop, but yeah, I like to look at the eShop. I've never been one for DLC but this might be too much to pass up, so I'll just get an eShop card before November.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
God damn it, having the DLC on the character select and course select screens already is sooooo teasing.
Ugh, I hate this so much. It's so tacky and pressures people to buy the DLC. It should be featured in the shop, but kept out of people's games who don't want it. I really disliked this in PSASBR and too and hope it doesn't carry over to Smash. Yeah, I'd buy Smash DLC, but it's not fair for people who don't want to.

Pessimism aside, I actually really love the DLC and the cost of it is phenomenal. I already got the Mercedes DLC (which I have no problem with) and just need to find my wallet so that I can buy the pack. 14 alternate colors as incentive to buy the pack early is a great idea- not only is the DLC itself great, but bonus colors is always nice. I'm looking forward to both orange characters.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I'm So Excited for this DLC! But Its Mainly the AC One I'm excited for and that does not come out until May 2015 :( Oh Well I should be grateful we are getting DLC at All

Shog

Smash Ace
Not sure if interesting for you folks, but it costs 8€ or 12€ here in Europe, maybe someone here isn't from the US lol.

Anyways, just to convince you like a salesman:
Mario Kart 8 game(32 Courses): 60$
DLC Hyrule + AC(16 Courses): >> 12$ <<
Count in the new characters and new vehicles...yep, it is SO worth it. Like literally, this is maybe the best paid DLC I have seen so far

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Not sure if interesting for you folks, but it costs 8€ or 12€ here in Europe, maybe someone here isn't from the US lol.

Count in the new characters and new vehicles...yep, it is SO worth it. Like literally, this is maybe the best paid DLC I have seen so far
Its £11 for both in the UK :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'm from Ireland, and we use Euro here. 'Tis the same price over here and I bought it this morning.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm So Excited for this DLC! But Its Mainly the AC One I'm excited for and that does not come out until May 2015 :( Oh Well I should be grateful we are getting DLC at All
Smash is a good distraction :D

Count in the new characters and new vehicles...yep, it is SO worth it. Like literally, this is may be the best paid DLC I have seen so far
Seriously, that's why I'm so excited. DLC is always a hard sell, but the cost of this is phenomenal. To emphasize:

Mario Kart 8 game(32 Courses AND 30 Characters): 60$
DLC Hyrule + AC(16 Courses AND 6 Characters): >> 12$ <<

That's... oh, it's still pink... Did this work... oh, bold... Good?

Okay, so that's 1/5 of the characters for 1/5 of the price too AND add in the 16 new characters skins that have never been selectable (not a word, deal with it) in the series before. Not only is the course:cost ratio outstanding, but the characters match up pretty well too. Yeah, Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are a bit bummers (especially after the PGP and Baby Rosalina backlash), but for that low cost and all the Shy Guy and Yoshi alts, it's quite alright.

R0Y

Smash Master
Ugh, I hate this so much. It's so tacky and pressures people to buy the DLC. It should be featured in the shop, but kept out of people's games who don't want it. I really disliked this in PSASBR and too and hope it doesn't carry over to Smash. Yeah, I'd buy Smash DLC, but it's not fair for people who don't want to.

Pessimism aside, I actually really love the DLC and the cost of it is phenomenal. I already got the Mercedes DLC (which I have no problem with) and just need to find my wallet so that I can buy the pack. 14 alternate colors as incentive to buy the pack early is a great idea- not only is the DLC itself great, but bonus colors is always nice. I'm looking forward to both orange characters.
3 straight years of heavy losses will do that to a company. They're clearly desperate, to the point of offering a digital pre-order at a compelling price in order to receive revenue for this year's financial results. The price is right though, but yes, they can't afford to not be tacky. Loads of gamers don't regularly check online and wouldn't know about this DLC otherwise.

I don't have a problem with this as long as Nintendo continues to deliver the full game content day 1, no day 1 DLC, and the add-ons are significant content. Mario Golf: World Tour, and Hyrule Warriors are not the way to go, this is.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
3 straight years of heavy losses will do that to a company. They're clearly desperate, to the point of offering a digital pre-order at a compelling price in order to receive revenue for this year's financial results. The price is right though, but yes, they can't afford to not be tacky. Loads of gamers don't regularly check online and wouldn't know about this DLC otherwise.

I don't have a problem with this as long as Nintendo continues to deliver the full game content day 1, no day 1 DLC, and the add-ons are significant content. Mario Golf: World Tour, and Hyrule Warriors are not the way to go, this is.
Yeah, it's understandable, but grr, even for those of us who are buying the DLC, did they have to go and make our games look ugly until next May. A simple flashing alert on the main menu could have sufficed.

MG:WT- Well, Day 1 DLC could just mean that they hadn't finished developing the courses and pushed the game to release sooner. I could see the Day 1 DLC not being free being a problem for some, but I think that in the long run, the DLC for that game isn't too bad since it multiplies the game's content for a fraction of the price of the full game. I will say though that I didn't buy the DLC for that game- I was legitimately considering buying just the Rosalina one since it was my first Mario Golf game, but then E3 rolled around and I got distracted by other games.

Hyrule Warriors- This is a toughie. Personally, I think that retailer specific DLC is pretty lame since nobody can get them all, but it's a legitimate business tactic and has been used and abused by many other games too. It encourages pre-ordering and general sales and is similar in theory to the MK8 one encouraging pre-orders with early Yoshi and Shy Guy skins. At least the Hyrule Warriors costume DLC is just aesthetic and most people are fine with just choosing one for Link or Zelda and getting the Ganondorf ones for free. I hope you're not talking about the patches though- these seem to be just adding in gameplay features and fixing bugs for free at the moment.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
And does anybody know how to make the map show up on the TV? That's supposed to be part of the update but I can't find out how.
Press the Minus button with the gamepad. Alternatively it should be listed under control config when you press start.

R0Y

Smash Master
Yeah, it's understandable, but grr, even for those of us who are buying the DLC, did they have to go and make our games look ugly until next May. A simple flashing alert on the main menu could have sufficed.

MG:WT- Well, Day 1 DLC could just mean that they hadn't finished developing the courses and pushed the game to release sooner. I could see the Day 1 DLC not being free being a problem for some, but I think that in the long run, the DLC for that game isn't too bad since it multiplies the game's content for a fraction of the price of the full game. I will say though that I didn't buy the DLC for that game- I was legitimately considering buying just the Rosalina one since it was my first Mario Golf game, but then E3 rolled around and I got distracted by other games.

Hyrule Warriors- This is a toughie. Personally, I think that retailer specific DLC is pretty lame since nobody can get them all, but it's a legitimate business tactic and has been used and abused by many other games too. It encourages pre-ordering and general sales and is similar in theory to the MK8 one encouraging pre-orders with early Yoshi and Shy Guy skins. At least the Hyrule Warriors costume DLC is just aesthetic and most people are fine with just choosing one for Link or Zelda and getting the Ganondorf ones for free. I hope you're not talking about the patches though- these seem to be just adding in gameplay features and fixing bugs for free at the moment.
MG:WT The price of the game becomes $5 more than a normal 3DS game after you buy all the day 1 DLC. Yes you don't have to buy it but it's withheld content. I'd have been more interested in the game if it had everything and retailed at full price instead of $10 cheaper + $15 for all the DLC. Rosalina was the character I most wanted to use anyway.

The Hyrule Warriors DLC actually makes no sense though, Nintendo makes the most money with pre-orders off their eShop with no retailer involved (ordering eShop codes from Gamestop/etc. in the US doesn't count, retailers still get a cut of course.) I have zero interest in digital copies, but it still makes no sense how they did it... If it's just because they don't have digital pre-orders, well then they should for their own sake, or done it for first week copies. As it stands, there was negative incentive to buy it digitally.

Press the Minus button with the gamepad. Alternatively it should be listed under control config when you press start.
Yup, just have to do that once guys, don't panic. It perma-saves.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Two things: Are DLC preorders available again?
Do you only get the alternate colors if you preorder, or do they come with the DLC when it is released (in other words, are they exlcusively for preorders or just an early sample of the full DLC)?

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't planning on using it originally, but I love how Black Yoshi looks riding in the GLA. Might be my go-to combo now.

R0Y

Smash Master
Two things: Are DLC preorders available again?
Do you only get the alternate colors if you preorder, or do they come with the DLC when it is released (in other words, are they exlcusively for preorders or just an early sample of the full DLC)?
Again? Yeah, they're available from now until release, I imagine the dual-pack deal is only until November, maybe it will continue after.

You get the alternate colours as soon as you pre-order.

Top Bottom