• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I really wonder what the stats of the new Mercedes karts will be. I hope there will be one similar to the Biddybuggy / Landship... I'm doubting it though seeing as they are obviously emphasised on speed. There'll definitely be one similar to the Mach 8 / Circuit Special, as I saw Luigi driving a replica of it.

Any ideas what the other two'll look like?

Also, that picture of those extra cups is interesting. Although I'm not expecting any new tracks or characters, they'd sure be welcome.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Thinking about it, this DLC won't be so bad, after all it's ****ing free, how can you hate free DLC? That would be like people hating Banjo and Kazooie N64 because they weren't like the ****pile on Xbox360.

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice
MORE NEW MK8 DLC!!!

"Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs include classics like Wario’s Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first AOC pack."

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

-3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
-4 Vehicles
-8 Courses

Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

-3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
-4 Vehicles
-8 Courses

"As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away."

Source: http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u...art-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991122.html

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
MORE NEW MK8 DLC!!!

"Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs include classics like Wario’s Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first AOC pack."

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

-3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
-4 Vehicles
-8 Courses

Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

-3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
-4 Vehicles
-8 Courses

"As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away."

Source: http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u...art-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991122.html
Whaaaaatt?? Link in a Mario Kart??!! Holy cow, that'd be amazing if it was legit. Of course, Link is one of my all-time favourite characters, so I'm biased, lol.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Leaks
Isabelle is my new main.

So in terms of new courses I'm seeing

-Mute City (I think)
-an Excite Bike level
-Wario Goldmine or whatever it's called
-Animal Crossing stage which I dub Kartville
-The course in the Isabelle shot. Daisy Hills or something new?
-Something in a forest.

So hype right now.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Have you guys heard? There's going to be Legend of Zelda DLC for Mario Kart 8!

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it. It's as weird as when Banjo and Kazooie were put into Sonic and Sega All Stars racing, it was awesome, but they were very out of place.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Oh and theres a Zelda level mentioned int he DLC description, so we know 7 of the 16 new tracks

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The Zelda Pack will come with Link, Cat Peach, and Tanooki Mario as new characters, 8 courses, and 4 vehicles.

The Animal Crossing Pack will come with Villager, Isabelle, and Dry Bowser as new characters, 8 courses, and 4 vehicles.

Each pack will be priced at £7.00 in the UK, or around $11.60. As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

Zelda Pack is coming this November, and the Animal Crossing Pack is coming May 2015.

We now have 4 versions of Mario and 4 versions of Peach.

They should have made it Tanooki Luigi and Cat Rosalina to better even it out.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
super smash kart becoming a thing makes me really happy. though im a bit miffed they have a f zero track and and the blue falcon kart but no acutal captain falcon.

D

Deleted member

This is incredible.
I thought that the Mercedes DLC was kinda cool, but I was disappointed if this was all we were going to get.
With all of this DLC, I am incredibly hyped. It's one step closer towards something that I dream of; Nintendo Kart.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How will this work online if someone doesn't have the DLC?
For multiplayer games like this, the actual content is downloaded via a mandatory update, and to use it, you need to buy it, which unlocks the content.

If you don't own the DLC and play online, you will actually still be able to play the DLC courses that way, you just can't use them outside of that. And not having the characters just means you can't use them, but you can still encounter them online.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Nintendo is merging their game series together! This is huge news.

Nintendo is taking some huge steps forward and I will support them.

P.S. I can't wait to race as all the other characters.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
For multiplayer games like this, the actual content is downloaded via a mandatory update, and to use it, you need to buy it, which unlocks the content.

If you don't own the DLC and play online, you will actually still be able to play the DLC courses that way, you just can't use them outside of that. And not having the characters just means you can't use them, but you can still encounter them online.
Usually, when a DLC pack is released, the game will require a mandatory update, so that if you do play online with those who have the DLC, your game's data can load them just fine, even if you haven't purchased them yourself.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
As awesome as Link and Animal Crossing is, I still don't like all the alternate versions of existing characters.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think it's kinda silly how the Zelda pack only has one Zelda character though. They could easily throw in Zelda herself, complete with biker outfit. That would be awesome.

...And where's Kirby and his Warp Star? :c

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I reckon Rosalina's throne as the most used character online is about to be challenged.

I'll probably still use her, though.

Sleepy_Icarus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StarrKnight
3DS FC
4639-9220-1156
As much as I'm hyped for this DLC, I'm upset we're still not getting Diddy...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Fire Emblem DLC for 8 next. I want Marth, Robin, and Ike riding on a Tiki ATV through the Outrealms.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I'd like a Metroid pack. Samus with her ship and Ridley as a stage.

Or a Sonic pack, but I doubt that'll happen.

kylexv

Smash Master
:4link: and :4villager:. Wow. Talk about coming out of left field.

Tanooki Mario? Cat Peach? Should've been an alt.

Excited for Dry Bowser though. And 16 new courses.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'll be maining Villager for now on.

WHERE IS KIRBY THOUGHHHHH

I WANT TO MAIN KIRBY

PLEASEEEEEEEEE

Like, this is really depressing. We finally get DLC that expands the characters to other universes, but don't even get Kirby? I feel like we should have gotten Captain Falcon and Kirby as they both had racing games, too. Does Nintendo just not like Air Ride?

*sobs*

Rosalina's trailer was the best and the worst thing thing at the same time - no new Kirby Air Ride or Kirby in MK8, but having Rosalina be included in the game.

Kirby just wants to race again...

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
when can i download mario kart dlc

it's the 27th here
The Mercedes DLC will be released when it's (I think?) midnight for the USA, or sometime later in the day since the patch may require preparation. The Zelda DLC will be released sometime in November, and the F-Zero / Animal Crossing DLC will be sometime into next year.

On a side note, I hope that Link is either a cruiser or heavy (not like Bowser, more like Rosalina / Waluigi) character, since that's the group I use most. :D

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Wow! As someone who has fallen off of MK8 a little, this is great! It gives me a good amount of incentive to put some time into it again upon release! Personally speaking, I like how the DLC packs are separated from November 2014 - May 2015 as well; It'll yet again give me incentive to play the game again come May of next year, and overall just increase the longevity of this game (heck, a friend of mine just told me that he's going to finally buy the game for Link alone).

I'm in love with TLoZ, and they totally nailed Links design as far as I am concerned. The lack of Captain Falcon as a character is meh, but his Blue Falcon is looking great in this MK8 engine! Also, Animal Crossing characters for the later future too? Yes (it makes me want for them to finally announce Animal Crossing Wii U, too. I'm very ready for that)! I feel as this is the right direction for Nintendo to take DLC; For the majority of people, this will very well be worth the money they will charge (perhaps around $10, if that? Considering the amount content, whether all to your personal liking or not, this is a good deal, and to potentially see this kind of extra content in their upcoming future games as well (SSB4, Splatoon, etc.), I for one am excited.

Last edited:

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice
A bit of a premature announcement. I'm guessing this was meant to be announced tomorrow alongside the patch/Mercedes DLC release.

Definitely seems cool though. Smash's Rosalina trailer has me hoping for Kirby to show up though.

Last edited:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I'm so excited for this! All of this new DLC looks amazing!
Sure, I'd rather Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach be alternate costumes instead, but I don't mind so much.
I just hope we get more characters than this as well, such as the missing veteran racers and other crossover characters, like Kirby!

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice

Sounds like a pretty good price to me. They'll be available to pre-purchase on the eShop starting tomorrow and people who buy both will get access to the Yoshi/Shy Guy colors right away.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I am so unbelievably happy about all of these new characters and tracks! Sucks that they won't be coming out until November of this year, and the rest May of next year x_x But excited nonetheless.

Also special shoutout to Dry Bowser! :b:

Top Bottom