• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

D

Deleted member

GGs, but even in the worldwide servers I'm not finding many people. I was in games of predominately 12 people earlier today though, so maybe it's just a slow traffic time, since this is around the time everyone is either going to bed here, or at work/school on the other side of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Rosalina cheated me out of my win >:[

Got really lucky at the end here.

Are we ever gonna use that community tournament?

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856

I present to you, the beat all end all guide to being a god at Mario Kart 8!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
GGs @Chucklehead Tom @ IsmaR IsmaR and maybe @ ChikoLad ChikoLad (We might have played, not sure). I feel like lately I've been getting demolished by items far more often now. Everyone just seems to love hitting me all the way into 8th place lately.

I can play in the tournament if you want.
Thanks. I was hoping for more of a community event though. Maybe we can play sometime tomorrow?
Could we get DLC? I'm hopeful ;-;
Well Japan is already confirmed to get Mercedes Benz DLC. Hopefully America will get stuff.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
GGs @Chucklehead Tom @ IsmaR IsmaR and maybe @ ChikoLad ChikoLad (We might have played, not sure). I feel like lately I've been getting demolished by items far more often now. Everyone just seems to love hitting me all the way into 8th place lately.

Thanks. I was hoping for more of a community event though. Maybe we can play sometime tomorrow?

Well Japan is already confirmed to get Mercedes Benz DLC. Hopefully America will get stuff.
I'm hoping to see some character DLC.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So most of the discussions I see pertaining to Mario Kart 8 are related to Luigi's death stare...

Shog

Smash Ace
OMG I love the battle mode online. I played like 3 hours straight without noticing lol. And Baby Characters are the way to win btw.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Gatlin Gatlin : Funny how of all the characters to choose from, Bowser Jr. still gets the cold shoulder.

Edit: It appears that the contents are fake, as the character icons were likely based on the following images...

Last edited:

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Looks like you are in luck:

(Courtesy of n1ntendo.nl, Dutch Nintendo news site)
If that's fake, that is one of the most convincing fakes I've seen in a long time.

Edit: Just reached 200 posts. Neat.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can easily see how those could be faked and could probably pull it off myself, but I'll hold my tongue on it until someone finds matching images for the TV in both pictures, or we don't see these at E3.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
One thing that makes me think this is fake is that on the battle mode screen, there are balloons in the background while Bob-omb Blast is selected.

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice
I think it's been said that one of the shots is just an edited photo from the last E3's setup. Plus, if it was actually real, why not just hover over one of the new characters? The 3D render that appears would easily make your case instead of having to rely on some small icons.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
*Plessie. Also not really they easily could shrink her down.
*googles* Hum, you're right. For some reason I thought Plessie didn't have feet (not that's stopped anyone before) and was more bottom heavy. So it'd just be orange heavy Yoshi.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
It was indeed fake :p

Where it was shopped:

Oh well
So I take it the character DLC one is still alive?
@ Gatlin Gatlin : Funny how of all the characters to choose from, Bowser Jr. still gets the cold shoulder.

Edit: It appears that the contents are fake, as the character icons were likely based on the following images...

Actually, this doesn't make it fake. Apparently the art used for the icons in Mario Kart 8 is reused from other games' art for some characters like Donkey Kong.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I would highly doubt that one being legit seeing as it came from the same guy that made the bob-omb picture.
It is a very nice edit, though.
Aw. I was hoping to race as Plessie and Kamek. :c

inb4 real DLC with Petey Piranha that makes me super ecstatic

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Petey Piranha with a Piranha Plant would definitely be hype.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Am I the only one who wants Goomba in Mario Kart? It seems unfair that the mascot enemy of the Mario series isn't playable.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I gotta say, I love this game but absolutely hate the ratio of coins to good items in higher places. I'd love if they patched it because I'm so scared to throw a banana away if I'm in like, 3rd or more. Haha

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
How nice it'd be if we actually got those characters, along with Petey Piranha and King Boo. I find it a little funny how the fake even left Bowser Jr. out in the cold.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Seeing that fake makes me wonder how Plessie would look driving a kart.

Unrelated topic, has the system bricking glitch ever been fixed?

Last edited:
Top Bottom