• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
New pictures released:

Mario Circuit

Thwomp Ruins

Sweet Sweet Canyon

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
That Thwomp Ruins... Just, wow. The other two are beautiful as well, but that one really stuck out for me.

Gatlin

More pictures, though not as big as the previous ones, sorry~ :p

Twisted Mansion

Toad Harbour

LF2K

Floor Diver
Wonder how the Retro courses are going to laid out this time? SNES and N64 tracks probably won't have that many, so here's hoping N64 Rainbow Road returns.

Gatlin

Nice! Hopefully that means Dry Bowser and Bones are coming back.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I wish they showed more of Bone Dry Dunes lol. All we see is a turn and some cliffs. Albeit theyre awesome cliffs, but still lol.

Super Fawful

Smash Cadet
NNID
dimentio64
I hope that Fawful is a newcomer in this Mario Kart 8. It's about time the Mario RPGs get represented somehow. Either Fawful, Popple, Dreambert or Antasma should really be in. Or Dimentio, but Sticker Star proved Nintendo hates original Paper Mario characters. Also I hope that Rainbow Road N64 returns, I'd love to see that course in HD with new character faces in the sky.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Item spy is confirmed?! Noooooooooooooo...
Notice: If you're not playing with the Game Pad, prepare for some Spiny Shell surprise attacks.

Obviously, the Game Pad will likely give players an unfair advantage, so they'll have to adapt to using it if it means avoiding any Spiny Shell attacks.

Shök

Smash Champion
Yes! Shokzorz, hello!

I am hyped to play wars in MK8, wondering what kind of effect the item spy and coins are going to have on the scene.
How are things?

I hope you can still use the game pad to see items even if you aren't using it. If not it's pretty unfair.
Just really hope item spy is removed.
That's how I thought it was going to work. Looking at the game pad while using the Pro Controller, for example.

Gatlin

How are things?
Goood! Kinda same old with work and such haha. Get money get paid though, imo :cool:

How have things been for you?

I seriously hope all the characters are unlocked from the get go.
That would be nice seeing as I absolutely despised playing through 1-player mode on MKW; but chances aren't very high based off previous installments. Also based on the speculation that the MK8 roster is probably going to be pretty decently sized.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I seriously hope all the characters are unlocked from the get go.
I find that to be highly doubtful, as that would actually destroy the purpose of even playing the Grand Prix mode. Yes I know that Mario Kart 64 had everyone available from the start, but that's partly due to the N64's limitations.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I find that to be highly doubtful, as that would actually destroy the purpose of even playing the Grand Prix mode. Yes I know that Mario Kart 64 had everyone available from the start, but that's partly due to the N64's limitations.
:| Well then it looks like I won't be unlocking everyone for the 5th consecutive game.

kylexv

Smash Master
I have an idea on what the roster is:

After the Koopaling Trailer, it made me think that there would be even heroes and villains in the game.

In the list below, the names in green are confirmed. In red are my predictions.

Heroes
1. Mario (Medium)
2. Luigi (Medium)
3. Peach (Medium)
4. Toad (Light)
5. Yoshi (Medium)
6. Donkey Kong (Heavy)
7. Daisy (Medium)
8. Baby Mario (Light)
9. Baby Luigi (Light)
10. Toadette (Light)
11. Baby Peach (Light)
12. Baby Daisy (Light)
13. Rosalina (Heavy)
14. Baby Rosalina (Light)
15. Mii (Varies)

16. Birdo (Medium)
17. Diddy Kong (Medium)
18. Plessie (Heavy)

Villains
1. Bowser (Heavy)
2. Koopa Troopa (Light)
3. Wario (Heavy)
4. Waluigi (Heavy)
5. Shy Guy (Light)
6. Metal Mario (Heavy)
7. Lakitu (Light)
8. Larry Koopa (Light)
9. Morton Koopa Jr. (Heavy)
10. Wendy O. Koopa (Light)
11. Iggy Koopa (Medium)
12. Roy Koopa (Heavy)
13. Lemmy Koopa (Light)
14. Ludwig von Koopa (Medium)
15. Pink Gold Peach (Heavy)

16. Bowser Jr. (Medium)
17. King Boo (Heavy)
18. Dry Bowser (Heavy)

EDIT 4/5/14: Changed to new predictions after the newest trailer from 30 to 36 characters not including Mii.
Also took a guess on weight classes.
Have my doubts on Funky and Dixie
If only 32 characters make it, cut Funky Kong, Dixie Kong, Dry Bones, and E. Gadd.

EDIT 4/30/14: Updated with Baby Rosalina and PGP. Mii is now included in the character count.
Also edited weight classes of half of the Koopalings (Larry and Wendy from Medium to Light, Iggy from Light to Medium, Ludwig from Heavy to Medium.)
If only 32 characters make it, cut Birdo, Plessie, King Boo, and Dry Bowser.
If only 30 characters make it, we already have the final roster.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I kinda hope that's not all. I'd love for more Kongs and E. Gadd.

I'd like some Wario Ware characters but that probably ain't ever happening.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Jeez, Air can you make the pictures a little bigger? I don't think my browser crapped out on me enough yet. D:

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
From a Belgian blogger who apparently got his hands on the “new demo”:
32 tracks in the game (16 new, 16 retro) https://twitter.com/PlaneteNintendo/...78564100653056
• The new demo only gives access to 16 of these tracks, but it has all items, characters, and includes Mario Kart TV mode https://twitter.com/PlaneteNintendo/...20293230764032
• There are 2 brand new items in Mario Kart 8 https://twitter.com/PlaneteNintendo/...31887050403840
• The game runs at 60fps with 1/2 players, 30fps with 3/4 players (no info about 5 players so maybe it's not even available at all) https://twitter.com/PlaneteNintendo/...93106780229632
• More information will be officially revealed at some time next week, possibly Thrusday

LF2K

Floor Diver
Hell yeah! Now that it's almost April, it's time to get the engines fired up. Wonder what the two new items could possibly be?

Gatlin

Say, by the way, if the community feature returns in Mario Kart 8... how's a Smashboards Community sound? We can race as a community and trash talk. :chuckle:
We had one for MK7 that we used typically for tournaments and such which were hosted in the Events thread, shouldn't be a problem to have another one created for MK8 should it return.

Also can you guys edit your posts rather than double posting, please :088:

Top Bottom