• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
1. Bone Yoshi
It's cool that it's from a prototype. I also just like the design and that it's Yoshi.
2. Tiara
Hmmm, yeah. This fits perfectly for Cappy. All I can really say.
3. Gooigi
While I don't feel Gooigi could be an entire character, a skin would be cool. The skin can represent Luigi's Mansion 3, a newer title.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would say computer made images or those drawn on paper would suffice and people vote which they think is the most interesting and fun based on certain criteria. For example, let’s say “Yoshi’s Park” is a Mushroom Cup that focus on turns so we would make a mock-up of a short racetrack that’s fairly easy but has plenty of turns, sharp turns, and so on.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 12 results
A bit of a semantics change (Skins are now called clones)

Our First Clone Is...

Metal Mario Otoad64 Otoad64 11
Funky Kong Ruler of Subspace Ruler of Subspace 8
Gooigi GolisoPower GolisoPower 17
Dry Bowser ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos 9
Tiara YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 12
Bone Yoshi Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 4
Zombie Mario Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 2
Tiny Kong Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 5
Zombie Wario Mamboo07 Mamboo07 1

Gooigi will be put next to Luigi on the roster and will have the same stats but some different animations.

Job #13

Submit A Track themed after a character not yet on the roster.

&

Submit a retro track that should get a revamp.

(A Revamp would constitute keeping the layout the same but adding new things to the track and revamping it with the games mechanics and some new visual flair.)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
New Stage Lemmy's Baloon Circus

With the koopalings being AWOL as of now this idea would be eligable, Lemmy Koopa decided to build a wonderful circus stage for you to race on

The Glider ability is used here to its maximum potential, throughout the stage their are 6 types of balloons that you can interact with, by touching them you can get one or many effects

Touching a Red Balloon gives you a boost

Touching a Blue Balloon increased your altitude

Touching a Yellow Balloon gives you 3 coins

Touching a Purple ? Balloon Gives you an item box

Touching a Striped Balloon bounces you like a bumper

Touching a Spiked Gray Balloon makes it explode

Hot Air Balloms act as bouncbads and you can also interact with the Striped, Spiked, and Purple Balloons on the ground, their are also some slot machines where if you speed into them you gain a bunch of coins

The main challenge of the stage is to correctly interact with the balloons to allow them to take you into the shortcuts of the stage

Returning And Revamped Wuhu Loop (MK7)

We need soem more Wuhu Love and with the addition of zero g circuits I dont see why we shouldnt dd some new segments like being able to climb up a volcano or drive onto the sunset castle

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Alright I'll drop another sketch for a track revamp I've had saved for a couple of weeks

GBA Broken Pier

GBA tracks are pretty fun to reimagine. The original Broken Pier wasn't much of a pier. It was a boardwalk alright, but not much to the theme besides that. So I'll be keeping the track's spooky style and turning it into an abandoned pier with a shipwreck of the Gangplank Galleon next to it (Explaining why K. Rool's been absent so many years). The track begins on the top of the pier, which breaks off into a path of sharp rocks from which you can see the waves crashing into. Stuck into the rocks, you will board the galleon from the stern, climbing up and exiting through the K. Rool figurehead's broken mouth and dive into the water. It's very dark. You will see other sunken ships and a drop-off on the edge of the track. Typically, Fish Bones like to swim around these haunted waters, but they're not the biggest fish in the tank. Casting his shadow on the track you will see Kingfin, a boss from Super Mario Galaxy, lurking around the wrecks and rocks. He will not attack the racers directly, but will instead destroy segments of the track like giant rocks, serving as ramps after being knocked over, as well as biting holes in the boardwalk (think Grumble Volcano) and on the Gangplank Galleon, even ripping the ship in half, causing the front to crash into the water on lap 3, changing the layout slightly.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Themed Track:
King Bob-Omb's Boot Camp
1618357471369.png

Bob-Omb Battlefield implies that Bob-Ombs had gone to war at some point during the timeline of the Mario universe. Tinfoil hat aside, this does bring up the idea of a Bob-Omb-themed boot camp track themed after military obstacle courses of some sort. It would be obstacle-heavy and only slightly shorter than the usual tracks, and there would be Bob-ombs in the background training their fuses off...some of which are actually exploding. When you get a Bob-Omb item on this track, there's a chance they'll have a soldier helmet on them to keep up with the theme!

Revamped Retro:
1618357922919.png

Shroom Ridge:

This track has never made a reappearance since its debut in Mario Kart DS, and for good reason...it just looks unappealing and bland. However, I believe we can make it better, having drop-dead beautiful scenic views, gorgeous-looking plantlife, some picnic spots on the side, and maybe even a tent or two. I feel that's a good way to spice it up!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
New Course:
Funky Seaside Jungle

Funky Kong's favourite chill spot, a seaside resort juxtaposed against a lush jungle. The sea is a lime green while cool kongs and funky kremlings alike come together to relax and watch the race. The course alternates between beach and jungle frequently, with the beach segments being rather simple whereas the jungle sections are tricky and require precision.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
With the koopalings being AWOL as of now this idea would be eligable, Lemmy Koopa decided to build a wonderful circus stage for you to race on
You know, speaking of the Koopalings, I feel like it would be weird to have some but not others, but I also feel it would be strange to dedicate seven different voting sessions to them, are we just going to have a special vote for if we want to add all 7 of them or something?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
You know, speaking of the Koopalings, I feel like it would be weird to have some but not others, but I also feel it would be strange to dedicate seven different voting sessions to them, are we just going to have a special vote for if we want to add all 7 of them or something?
I personally would be on team "let them share a kart", but bikes and ATVs would be a little tricky to work with for that.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
maybe stack them on top of eachother?

I feel like we should just make them alts of eachother
yeah I agree with that, I was thinking either let them all share a kart or make them a drop-down menu for Bowser Jr. As long as they're not separate spots on the Character Select Screen I don't really mind what we end up doing with them

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Koopalings is weird cause if you're making them alts then they all have the same stats, which isn't right cause they all have differing sizes.

If anything, you could pair up the ones that are similar enough in proportions:
Wendy = Ludwig
Roy = Morton
Larry = Lemmy
Iggy can probably be on his own

Either way we cut it by almost half so it doesn't look like they take all the space.

Also, nah, stacking them up in a kart would look really weird and probably be distracting to the hypothetical player. Not to mention, it would take up a lot of space on the track.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 13

New course:
Stanley's Greenhouse
Stanley's-Greenhouse-outside.png

Forgotten hero Stanley the Bugman's greenhouse from Donkey Kong 3.

Stanley's quite the green thumb, and his impressive greenhouse grows all manner of incredible plants; Fire Flowers, Sunflowers, Ice Flowers, Crazee Dayzees(who will cheer you on!), Uproots and Piranha Plants.

Unfortunately it also attracts all manner of insects too. Stingby, Ant Trooper and Wiggler's roam the course. The latter two will need to be avoided as they passively walk onto the course, but Stingby's will attack you if you enter their area, causing you to spin out.

Stanley's bug spray not only can help keep the nasties away, but can help you dodge obstacles if you ride off the various ramps inside:

Stanley's-Greenhouse-inside.png

and if that wasn't quite enough...Donkey Kong...or rather Cranky Kong...? Well the 8-bit Donkey Kong is waiting in the greenhouse to ruin your day by throwing beehives on the track!

Stanley's-Greenhouse-inside-2.png

Stanley render used for the first image was done by the incredibly talented Nibroc-Rock over on DeviantArt. I keep pinching stuff for these pics so I'll try and give props where I can.

No clue for the retro track right now. Honestly this one took a while.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
When it comes to the Koopalings, how would everyone feel if we just added a character just name "Koopaling" and as soon as you select the character a menu pops up allowing you to select whatever Koopaling you want. This character would share a special item and stats but each character would have unique animations and sounds?

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
When it comes to the Koopalings, how would everyone feel if we just added a character just name "Koopaling" and as soon as you select the character a menu pops up allowing you to select whatever Koopaling you want. This character would share a special item and stats but each character would have unique animations and sounds?
yes, that sounds like the perfect solution to our troubles!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I mean, the theoretical dev time of them being separate drivers vs different animation alts is basically the same. All we're doing is sub-categorizing them.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 13

Galoomba Golf Course

The whole track would be going through several individual holes with sand traps and water areas with Goomba's and Galoomba's using the facility.

Sherbet Land

This track has appeared before but it was very flat and a revamp could make it very unique.

SUBMISSIONS WILL CONTINUE OVERNIGHT

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Job 13

Dry Bowser's Galaxy Reactor

This would be the new Bowser's Castle of this Mario Kart game. It uses the "zero gravity" gimmick 8 uses for a lot of the track, and plays out mostly the same as it does in Mario Galaxy. If you need to see the full level, click this text. This track will most likely be a single lap. It will be larger than it was in Galaxy, and will probably be shortened in some areas to make the track be completed in a reasonable time.

Now, as this is Dry Bowser's Galaxy Reactor and not the original, there should be more blue and white flames, magma, and lava than orange and red. It should also be more sinister and have Dry Bowser jumping around and shooting fireballs in some areas like the giant spiral staircase you climb. (That area will function just the same as it did in Galaxy, where parts of the floor will crumble and fall.)

As I was vibing to the original theme of this level, I came across this. It's an official remix of it (from Sega), and I thought it would fit Mario Kart well.

Toad's Factory

This is definitely a classic, and I'd love to hear a remix of the theme. It would be cool to see what they could change; a glider ramp at the end of the tractors and coming out of the factory, zero-G inside of it, maybe even a second floor in the factory to go along with the glider ramp after the tractors.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 13

Bowser's Galaxy Reactor

This would be the new Bowser's Castle of this Mario Kart game. It uses the "zero gravity" gimmick 8 uses for a lot of the track, and plays out mostly the same as it does in Mario Galaxy. If you need to see the full level, click this text. This track will most likely be a single lap. It will be larger than it was in Galaxy, and will probably be shortened in some areas to make the track be completed in a reasonable time.

EDIT: As I was vibing to the original theme of this level, I came across this. It's an official remix of it (from Sega), and I thought it would fit Mario Kart well.

Toad's Factory

This is definitely a classic, and I'd love to hear a remix of the theme. It would be cool to see what they could change; a glider ramp at the end of the tractors and coming out of the factory, zero-G inside of it, maybe even a second floor in the factory to go along with the glider ramp after the tractors.
The Bowser Track is a fantastic idea, unfortunately the prompt was to create a track based on characters not yet on the roster, and bowser is. You can either rename the track or submit another one. You can resubmit the Bowser track next time a track prompt pops up.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 13: S.T.E.A.M.

S
ubmerged
Technological
Expertise
Analyzing
Magma

A subsidiary of Gadd Industries, this course takes place in an underwater research facility near an active volcano. The drivers race through brightly lit hallways that lead to various sections like laboratories and water treatment areas (kind of like the Wario Dam section of Mount Wario. The interior, not the exterior). The drivers are eventually led outside of the facility into an underwater section where they drive around the exterior and up an erupting underwater volcano, which serves as a boost that leads them back to the facility.

This course contains rare, special item boxes containing prototype FLUDD nozzles that automatically attach to your kart when obtained.

Blue boxes give you the Squirt Nozzle, which briefly attaches to the front of your kart and sprays a stream of water that spins out opponents if they're sprayed for long enough. You can control the direction of the spray with the right stick.

Red Boxes contain the Rocket Nozzle, which boosts you upwards. These are usually found near branching paths, where obtaining one automatically boosts you up to an alternate route on an upper floor.

Gray Boxes give you the Turbo Nozzle, which briefly attaches to the back of your kart and sprays out water backwards to increase your speed. You can even pass people and drive in front of them to spray them with the water and spin them out!

Abstain from picking a retro course. No ideas here.

EDIT: Added nozzle mechanic

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 13 Voting

Vote for your top 3 New Track ideas and vote for 1 retro track revamp. Ranked voting is in play for the new tracks, you cannot vote for your own.

New Track
Lemmy's Balloon Circus Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
King Bob-omb's Boot Camp GolisoPower GolisoPower
Funky Seaside Jungle Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Stanley's Greenhouse YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Galoomba Golf Course cashregister9 cashregister9
Dry Bowser Galaxy Reactor Ruler of Subspace Ruler of Subspace
S.T.E.A.M. Gorgonzales Gorgonzales

Retro Track that should get revamped.
Broken Pier ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos
Shroom Ridge GolisoPower GolisoPower
Sherbet Land cashregister9 cashregister9