• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Retro:
  1. Piranha Plant
  2. Chain Chomp
  3. Square Wheels
Fire Flower and Hammer I both really like but I feel like they'd both be good options for the Mario Bros. special items.

New:
  1. Super Magnet
  2. Cannon Box
  3. Squitter

Last edited:

Haruuuu

Smash Rookie
Returning Items
1. Chain Chomp
2. Hammers
3. Feather

New Items
1. Super Magnet
2. Freezie
3. Canon Box

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Returning:
1. FiB (I miss you, sweetie.)
2. Mega Mushroom
3. Oil

New:
1. Cappy (Listen, all I'm saying is that possessing someone then proceeding to perform an ultra shortcut with that racer's possessed body then speeding in front of them is a total power move)
2. Freezie (I think it'd be fun if throwing it forward had it bounce on walls like a green shell until it freezes someone)
3. Super Magnet

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Haha I totally didn't forget this thread for a while

Voting for Items will end it a few hours

in the meantime

Job 5

Submit a Retro Battle Track
It can be any Mario battle track from any of the previous games

&

Submit an Idea for a New Battle Mode

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Retro Track: Funky Stadium.
Has some sick beats, one of my favorite battle tracks.

New Mode: Boss Brawl
One or two players are picked at random and are powered by Mega Mushrooms indefinitely. The other 10 racers are normal-sized and must face the big ones head-on to try to drop their 50 (Balance not final) Balloon count. The giants are resistant to stuns and only experience slight slowdowns from being hit with items. Getting flattened by a giant will take off two of your balloons so keep your distance.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Retro Track:
Chain Chomp Roulette
1616439899009.png

Battle Mode:
Trouncing Tires

A battle mode where players start in their own territory. In this battle mode, players can drive around and throw items like normal, but the objective is to claim as much territory as they can. This is claimed by beginning a drift from inside your territory and persisting until you return to your territory, and thus expanding it. If your drifting is interrupted by any means, the territory will not be claimed.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 5:

Retro Course:
Nintendo Gamecube

New Mode:
Shrinking Stadium

The Battle Mode Course will have a barrier, anyone outside of the barrier will be eliminated, the barrier will shrink over time, try to be the last one standing

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Job 5:

Retro Course:
Nintendo Gamecube

New Mode:
Shrinking Stadium

The Battle Mode Course will have a barrier, anyone outside of the barrier will be eliminated, the barrier will shrink over time, try to be the last one standing
Honestly, Nintendo pulling a Fortnite Battle Royale mode sounds like something they would absolutely try doing.
Though maybe there should be a unique track for just this kind of mode. Something very large, considering that a lot of battle courses are kind of small for this mode to be effective.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Honestly, Nintendo pulling a Fortnite Battle Royale mode sounds like something they would absolutely try doing.
Though maybe there should be a unique track for just this kind of mode. Something very large, considering that a lot of battle courses are kind of small for this mode to be effective.
I imagine it wouldn't shrink very fast

but honestly, it's kinda hard to think of Battle Mode ideas that don't require unique tracks

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Retro arena: Wuhu Town (MK7)
We need more love to wuhu island and this course would be the perfect candidate.

New Battle Mode: Egg Hunt

The battle works like this

teams of 4 battles each other in a arena, scattered among the arena are grey yoshi eggs, by touching these eggs it will make it match the color of your team and trail you, this process can be repeated up to 20 times, you take the eggs to a special zone that matches the color of your team and you gain points for each egg you bring to the zone

the eggs snake behind you so if a opponent were to collide with the snaking eggs they would steal that section of eggs (I e if you have 8 eggs snaking you and your opponent collides with the 5th eggs in the row they steal all the eggs in the row after the 5th egg), if you collide with an obstacle like a goomba or bombomb you will drop and scatter your eggs and need to get them back

the team with the most points scored will win

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 5:

Retro Track: Delfino Pier
Based on sunny Island Delfino's Delfino Square, this battle track from the Wii era contains an underground path full of coins that floods as time goes on with rising water.

New Battle Mode: Shroob Invasion Showdown
In this battle mode, players are split into two teams to take on the invading Shroob army in their UFO karts!

Unlike most battle modes, the two teams don't fight one another, but instead are tasked with using the items they have obtained to take down a Shroob invasion! Whoever defeats the most Shroobs and saves the Mushroom Kingdom wins.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Retro Course: Double Deck
It's the only N64 Battle Course that hasn't returned, and I feel that the layout is well-suited for strategy; no gimmicks here. Pick this course to determine the winner by pure skill.

New Mode:
I was gonna say "Balloon Champion" which would be an expanded, battle-royale-styled Balloon Battle with 30 players on huge unique arenas, but I want to try making a unique battle mode that fits with existing ideas, so I'm not going with that.

Instead, I'm going to propose this: Elite Battle! A completely new spin on Balloon Battle.
The basic rules are the same; everyone starts with three balloons. Pop opponent's balloons by hitting them with items, and the last man standing wins.

However, there are no standard item boxes. Every item box on the map is replaced by a one-item box; A box that gives the same item every time.
These one-item boxes are spreaded around the map and contain basic items like Bananas, Green Shells, Mushrooms, and Bob-Ombs.
One-item boxes that contain more desirable items like Red Shells and Triple Bananas are less common and are found in heavily contested/unsafe areas, such as the intersection in the middle of block fort. High risk, high reward.

Messy concept art because I'm kind of short on time:

And a rough layout of item placement. For Block Fort, I themed some of the item placements according to color. This also makes the decision of which tower you want to visit more important.

The Special Item Rework is still in play here, so if you earn enough hits by popping balloons, you can use your special items to wreak havoc on your opponents! This also adds a layer of strategy to character selection, which up to this point isn't something you'd think about too hard before when playing Mario Kart. (Perhaps we could even see the rise of community-created character tier lists for Mario Kart...?)

This idea represents a concept I had for a purely skill-based battle mode; what if Mario Kart had a competitive side like Smash Bros? I don't think this'll get Mario Kart at EVO or whatever (although that would be nice ngl), but I'm proud of this.

EDIT: grammar & the tier list quip

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
New Battle Mode:
Pirate Radio
Not pirates as in swashbuckling, but pirates as in bootlegs! There are 2 "radio hosts", red being legitimate and blue being pirate, signified by a Super Mushroom flag and mushroom jolly roger flag respectively, as well as boomboxes attached to their car. Everyone else partakes in a regular coin battle, but getting hit by an item from one of the two hosts will not harm you or steal points but rather switch your team and bring the points you've gained over to the new team. Hosts get very limited item pulls, and can be attacked by members of their rival teams - though this only slows them down as hosts cannot gain points of their own. The "radio" part comes in with the music changing depending on who's in lead - the one with the most allies gets the melody (legit gets the SNES Mario Circuit theme, pirate gets the GBA Bowser's Castle theme) while the one with the most points gets the instrumentation (legit gets the regular MK saxaphone, pirate gets electric guitars) - meaning there's 4 different songs that will be shifted through, seamlessly transitioning from one to the other.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 5

retro track:
Lunar Colony

New Mode:

Capture points.

There are 2 teams and throughout the match certain areas will be marked as a control point, whatever team has the most amount of people standing in the point when the timer ends gets the point, it is best of 5.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Retro Track: Tilt a Kart from Double Dash

New Battle Mode: Domination
There are 3 chokepoints, and teams have to capture chokepoints and maintain them as a way to gain points.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Item Vote Results.

Retro Items:

Mega Mushroom Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 13

Chain Chomp GolisoPower GolisoPower 7

Hammers ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos 4

Square Tires Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 4

Sticky Oil YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 5

Fake Item Box Haruuuu Haruuuu 12

Fire Flower Otoad64 Otoad64 5

Piranha Plant Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 14

Feather Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 1

New Items:

Squitter Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 4

Cappy GolisoPower GolisoPower 3

Super Bell cashregister9 cashregister9 5

Yellow Shell Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 10

Freezie YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 14

Propeller Mushroom Haruuuu Haruuuu 3

Cannon Box @Mamboo07 7

Cloud Flower Otoad64 Otoad64 5

Spring Mushroom Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 1

Super Magnet Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 16

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Voting has started vote for your top 3 of each with ranked voting and try not to vote for your own.

Retro Battle Tracks
Honey Bee Hive Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Funky Stadium ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos
Chain Chomp Roulette GolisoPower GolisoPower
Gamecube Otoad64 Otoad64
Wuhu Town Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Delfino Pier YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Double Deck Gorgonzales Gorgonzales
Lunar Colony cashregister9 cashregister9
Tilt-a-kart Pupp135 Pupp135

New Battle Modes:
Boss Brawl ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos
Trouncing Tires GolisoPower GolisoPower
Shrinking Stadium Otoad64 Otoad64
Egg Hunt Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Shroob invasion Showdown YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Balloon Champion Gorgonzales Gorgonzales
Pirate Radio Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Capture Points cashregister9 cashregister9
Domination Pupp135 Pupp135

(Sorry that this thread moves slowly, I have school and I tend to get distracted.)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Retro Tracks
1. Chain Chomp Roulette
2. Funky Stadium
3. Wuhu Town

New Battle Mode:
1. Shroob Invasion
2. Balloon Champion
3. Pirate Radio

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Retro:
1. Delfino Pier
2. Double Deck
3. Honey Bee Hive

Modes:
1. Baloon Champion
2. Capture Points
3. Shrinking Stadium

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Retro Battle Courses:
1. Funky Stadium
2. Tilt-A-Kart
3. Dilfino Pier

Battle Mode:
1. Pirate Radio
2. Shroob Invasion Showdown
3. Balloon Champion

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So with the addition of Special Items adding teams seems like the best course of action

Job #6

Submit a special item for one or each of the current teams!

These items would only be available to people using one of the Drivers in the team.

These are the teams:
Mario & Luigi
Peach & Daisy
Wario & Waluigi
Bowser & Bowser Jr.
Toad & Toadette

That leaves 5 characters without partners:
-Yoshi
-Donkey Kong
-Nabbit
-Kamek
-Rosalina

So this ties into the second part of the job

Should we add Birdo & Diddy Kong immediately? and should Nabbit & Kamek be a team or should they get their own partners? and if you think they should get their own partners, submit who you think they should be. and add a partner for Rosalina
Birdo and Diddy Kong are self explanatory and for Nabbit and Kamek you can submit a racer for one or both. Rosalina also needs a partner

(After this job there will be one more Job and that will be the last of our "Reveal Trailer" submissions)

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 6:

Bowser and Bowser Jr.'s item:
Bowser Shell

same as in Double Dash, I see no reason to change it

as for the others. I think we should add Diddy and Birdo immediately.

Kamek's partner should be Hammer Bro:

Nabbit's partner should be Shy Guy:

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Retro:
1. Wuhu
2. GameCube
3. Tilt-A-Kart

Job #6:

Nabbit's partner should be Bandit

Cheating a little here, but rather than adding Birdo, I'd like to propose an alternative partner for Yoshi: the Stork. If we add Birdo later down the line we can have Mouser, Clawgrip, or Wart as a partner.

We should add Diddy Kong

Item:
Stinky Garlic

Wario and Waluigi's item. Once used the purple schemer of choice will flatulate - this creates a gassy wall of sorts behind the character. It lasts a decent amount of time and serves to stun anyone who gets behind them - so basically like keeping a shell behind you, but with a much bigger range.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Votes:
Retro Tracks:
1) Lunar Colony
2) Wuhu Town
3) Tilt-a-kart

New Battle Mode:
1) Shroob Invasion (Partners in Time needs more love dammit!)
2) Pirate Radio
3) Egg Hunt

Job 6:
1616610050202.png

Toad & Toadette: Super Pickax: Almost akin to a semi-Super Star, the Super Pickax is activated performing a constant up-and-down swinging motion, smashing down on racers from behind and bolstering speed. Unlike the Super Star, this does not grant total invincibility, being exposed from behind.

I agree. Add Diddy and Birdo straight away.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Nabbit Partner: MIPS
1616613264767.png

A minor yet similar counterpart of Nabbit, MIPS here would make for an amazing partner for Nabbit!

Kamek Partner: Kammy Koopa
1616613411112.png

Kammy Koopa is Paper Bowser's right-hand Magikoopa and replacement of Kamek in Thousand-Year Door. It'd be hilarious to see both Kammy and Kamek as partners!

Rosalina Partner: Eldstar
1616613536670.png

Another benevolent cosmic ally, Eldstar was popular enough to have another appearance besides the one in Paper Mario 64. It would be rather interesting to see Rosalina and Eldstar teaming up.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Retro courses:
Funky Stadium
Delfino Pier
Double Deck

Game Modes:
Shrinking Stadium
Capture Points
Balloon Champion

Last edited:
Top Bottom