• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Here is the result of the Character vote.

Chain Chomp cashregister9 cashregister9 6
Professor E. Gadd Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 18
Kamek CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 25
Goomba @dezeray112 5
Fury Bowser GolisoPower GolisoPower 3
Vivian Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 2
King K. Rool Otoad64 Otoad64 14
Poochy ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos 2
Boshi @evanwoo10 3

Pauline cashregister9 cashregister9 12
Nabbit Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 14
Funky Kong CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 9
King Bob-omb @dezeray112 10
Diddy Kong GolisoPower GolisoPower 12

Monty Mole Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 3
Petey Piranha Otoad64 Otoad64 3
King boo ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos 4
Donkey Kong Jr. Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 2
Wiggler @evanwoo10 3

This was a close one but our first new character is Kamek and our next returning character is Nabbit.

Also New mechanic submissions will stay open for about 3 hours

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
New Mechanic Voting, Vote for your top 2. Ranked Voting is in play. Also try not to vote for your own

Progressive Destruction System GolisoPower GolisoPower
Off-Roading cashregister9 cashregister9
Item Purchase Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Stop Boosts Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Cup Holders CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
Jumping/Kart Spring ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos
Special Item Rework Gorgonzales Gorgonzales

( Mamboo07 Mamboo07 your submission would fit the item category a bit better, You can resubmit it when the time comes)

( Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Character Customization will be discussed at a later date :) )

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
That is coming up as either the next job or the job after, I'm just trying to think of the best way to go about it.
I say you should tackle it how you tackled the characters. One new track and one reimagined retro track submission. Unless you want to have those two things as different jobs.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1.Special Item Rework
2. Progressive Destruction System

I say you should tackle it how you tackled the characters. One new track and one reimagined retro track submission. Unless you want to have those two things as different jobs.
I was probably gonna handle it like that, I'm just trying to think of the best way to go about discussing New Track layout's specifically. That would be after the initial theme vote so I'm not going to worry about it yet.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Voting will continue Overnight

in the Meantime

Job #3

Submit a Veteran Mario Track that has not been brought back in the past
This can be any track that was not brought back in any of the previous Mario Kart games. Due to the ever changing nature of Mario Kart Tour, you can submit a track that reappeared in that game. But it is disqualified if it has appeared in another game. like the characters, Non-Mario tracks will be decided later.

&

Submit a concept for the first Track of the Mushroom Cup

For this part you may submit a name and general theming or set pieces. This is the first track of the mushroom cup so this is not where the most extravagant tracks will go for more examples see this page. The layout will be done later.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Veteran Mario Track: Broken Pier:
1616111036513.png

One of the earliest Mario Kart tracks I remember, the Broken Pier is one I loved playing through as a kid. It hasn't even seen a reappearance in any title since its debut in Super Circuit, so seeing it with a modern-day coat of paint would be interesting.

Mushroom Cup First Track: Toadette Circuit:
With Toadette making a rise in a few modern Mario titles as of late, Toadette having a dedicated track as the first-ever Mushroom Cup track wouldn't be too out there. After the likes of Mario, Peach, Luigi and Toad, it would make sense for a rising-star playable character like Toadette to be the next step. Hell, Nintendo tried to make a playable Toadette in the recent SM3DW rerelease!

As for what this stage would be? It would be a normal track akin to previous entries, but with a neon-pink aesthetic and large round balls modeled after Toadette's braids. The braids form the starting line and a broadcasting tower is topped with a large model Super Crown.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 3:

Returning Track:

Wario Stadium

it's the only N64 track to never return, let's fix that.

This time the sponsors would be more than just Wario's face, I like the idea that they're all owned by Wario though

New Track:
Koopa Circuit (let's be honest, Koopa Troopa's coming back).

a fairly basic Circuit Track, but with multiple Underwater sections, seeing as Koopa Tracks often involve water.

There are also various Koopa Shell blimps flying in the sky.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Veteran Mario Track: Broken Pier:
View attachment 307783
One of the earliest Mario Kart tracks I remember, the Broken Pier is one I loved playing through as a kid. It hasn't even seen a reappearance in any title since its debut in Super Circuit, so seeing it with a modern-day coat of paint would be interesting.

Mushroom Cup First Track: Toadette Circuit:
With Toadette making a rise in a few modern Mario titles as of late, Toadette having a dedicated track as the first-ever Mushroom Cup track wouldn't be too out there. After the likes of Mario, Peach, Luigi and Toad, it would make sense for a rising-star playable character like Toadette to be the next step. Hell, Nintendo tried to make a playable Toadette in the recent SM3DW rerelease!
A Toadette Circuit was an idea I had, I just wasn't sure how to make it look like a Toadette course without appearing overly feminine, which isn't something I think would fit a first course specifically. Elsewhere in the Mushroom Cup would be fine though so if this submission doesn't win (I will probably be voting for it) I may resubmit the concept.

Last edited:

Haruuuu

Smash Rookie
Returning Track - DK Summit/DK's Snowboard Cross

A relatively new fan-favorite from Mario Kart Wii, DK Summit holds a special place in my heart and probably many others. Let's bring it back already!

New Track - Peach & Daisy Stadium

Honestly I had a tough time deciding a concept but I settled for a pretty basic one. Peach & Daisy Stadium will be a track where you drive through lush green hills and then up through and castle to finally glide out a huge window to the finish line. It'll be like Mount Wario and Big Blue where you drive through 3 sections instead of doing 3 laps.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Returning: Toad's Factory
Always thought this was a really cool stage, showing the process of how item boxes are made. I'd love for that idea to be expanded upon in a retro course.

Mushroom Circuit First Track:
You've heard of Mario circuit. You've played through, what, 3 different Luigi circuits? Peach circuit came and gone, and Toad Circuit was a thing, I think. Now, get ready for...
YOSHI CIRCUIT!
Yoshi's hosting the first track of Mario Kart 9, and he's brought along all of his friends-hundreds of multi-colored Yoshi's will cheer you on from the sidelines. The scenery, takes some inspiration from the first Yoshi's Island game, and has you racing through a familiar "Peach's Castle in the backround, 3 lap oval" track. Occasionally, Yoshis will spit item boxes onto the track, though that's as complicated as this stage gets.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I thought I'd compile a list to be helpful here:

• Koopa Beach 1(SNES)
  • Ghost Valley 3(SNES)
  • Bowser Castle 1, 2 & 3 (SNES)
  • Vanilla Lake 2 (SNES)
  • Mario Circuit 4 (SNES)
  • Wario Stadium (MK64)
  • Snow Lake (Super Circuit)
  • Lakeside Park (Super Circuit)
  • Boo Lake (Super Circuit)
  • Broken Pier(Super Circuit)
  • Riverside Park (Super Circuit)
  • Cheep Cheep Island (Super Circuit)
  • Yoshi Desert (Super Circuit)
  • Bowser Castle 4 (Super Circuit)
  • Rainbow Road (Super Circuit)
  • Wario Colosseum (Double Dash)
  • Mushroom City (Double Dash)
  • Bowser's Castle (Double Dash)
  • Rainbow Road (Double Dash)
  • Figure 8 Circuit (DS)
  • Mario Circuit (DS)
  • Shroom Ridge (DS)
  • Bowser's Castle (DS)
  • Rainbow Road (DS)
  • Luigi Circuit (Wii)
  • Mario Circuit (Wii)
  • Daisy Circuit (Wii)
  • Dry Dry Ruins (Wii)
  • Moonview Highway (Wii)
  • Bowser's Castle (Wii)
  • Toad's Factory (Wii)
  • Rainbow Road (Wii)
  • Wuhu Loop (7)
  • Wario Shipyard (7)
  • Bowser's Castle (7)
  • Maka Wuhu (7)
  • Mario Kart Stadium (8)
  • Water Park (8)
  • Sweet Sweet Canyon (8)
  • Thwomp Ruins (8)
  • Mario Circuit (8)
  • Toad Harbour (8)
  • Twisted Mansion (8)
  • Shy Guy Falls (8)
  • Sunshine Airport (8)
  • Dolphin Shoals (8)
  • Electrodome (8)
  • Mount Wario (8)
  • Cloudtop Cruise (8)
  • Bone Dry Dunes (8)
  • Bowser's Castle (8)
  • Rainbow Road (8)

Note this didn't include Tour repeats either. These are the true one offs.

Oh, and for the feature voting:
  1. Jumping. It's Mario Kart. Why not try a feature from Mario in it? I have no idea how well it'll work but I like the idea on principal.
  2. Offroading. Creating your own shortcuts sounds cool and chaotic.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 3

Returning:
New York Minute

This was a track developed for Mario Kart Tour and is themed after the real city of New York

Original Stage:
Superstar Stadium: This track is in a large stadium. The track starts and you see some bleachers and you enter a large grass area featuring blocks and several Mario enemies in the background, the next section is a Desert portion then an Ice portion and finally a lava portion and then a few more bleachers and then the racetrack begins again.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I think a Story Mode would be cool, Mario Party and Tennis had Story Modes but never Mario Kart I mean it dosnt have to be serious but a Story Mode could flesh out how the world of Mario Kart plays

I think this would be a good addition since I personally think the mechanics are too the point where you cant add anything more without being superfluous so adding new modes would be the next logical step

If you would like I could elaborate on what this story mode is

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 3:

Returning track: Sweet Sweet Canyon.
Gingerbread Toads cheer you on from the sidelines as you drive around a giant cake mountakn, through a lemonade lake and through chocolate ring donut arches.

I'd personally want to see this updated with a few of the new Super Nintendo World treats such as this delicious looking Tirimisu decorating the skyline:

New Track idea: Nabbit's Street Circuit
With Nabbit in as a new playable character, I felt we should give him his own track!
This track actually takes place at night on a simple city layout, with the audience of usual Toads, Koopa Troopas and Shy Guys replaced with less savoury characters, including Bandits from Yoshi's series, Little Mousers who scamper across the course with their ill-gotten gains and Pidgits sitting atop the street lamps that illuminate the course.

The biggest feature of this course is it's shaped like the top of Nabbit's head, with two long bends for the ears.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I dont know what this Job 3 Thing is or if it's only for admins but I want to put my hat in the ring

Returning Stage
Maple Treeway
I always loved this stage and I would love to see it in HD and with Zero Gravity, maybe they can have a new section referencing that giant worm from Mario Galaxy Gusty Gardens

New Stage
I think this can be pretty interesting for a stage

Cardboard Circuit
I think we should finnaly have a paper mario themed level, this isnt referencing any specific games but instead references paper mario as a whole

The Stage is a 3 part course like 3ds rainbow road and Mt Wario in 8

Part 1 takes place in those classic paper mario grasslands, cardboard act as fences with paper toads and goombas acting as spectators, enemies include giant paper cleffs that try to ram into you and halfway into the part cherry blossoms made out of coffee cups is complemented by Wutai music and a Sammer's Kingdom esc gate starting Part 2

Part 2 takes place in a giant cardboard palace, with paper peach looking over as a guest spectator and cherry blossoms providing wind boosts, suddenly Bowser's ship comes careening towards the palace and you start Part 3

Part 3 uses the zero gravity gimmick by using the streamers forming the chains as makeshift roads and the finales is one final fly to the goal in the skies

This reference not one specific game but Paper Mario's sense of art direction and adveture

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I think a Story Mode would be cool, Mario Party and Tennis had Story Modes but never Mario Kart I mean it dosnt have to be serious but a Story Mode could flesh out how the world of Mario Kart plays

I think this would be a good addition since I personally think the mechanics are too the point where you cant add anything more without being superfluous so adding new modes would be the next logical step

If you would like I could elaborate on what this story mode is
Gamemodes will be one of the priorities once we get a few more Tracks, Characters and items.

I dont know what this Job 3 Thing is or if it's only for admins but I want to put my hat in the ring

Returning Stage
Maple Treeway
I always loved this stage and I would love to see it in HD and with Zero Gravity, maybe they can have a new section referencing that giant worm from Mario Galaxy Gusty Gardens

New Stage
I think this can be pretty interesting for a stage

Cardboard Circuit
I think we should finnaly have a paper mario themed level, this isnt referencing any specific games but instead references paper mario as a whole

The Stage is a 3 part course like 3ds rainbow road and Mt Wario in 8

Part 1 takes place in those classic paper mario grasslands, cardboard act as fences with paper toads and goombas acting as spectators, enemies include giant paper cleffs that try to ram into you and halfway into the part cherry blossoms made out of coffee cups is complemented by Wutai music and a Sammer's Kingdom esc gate starting Part 2

Part 2 takes place in a giant cardboard palace, with paper peach looking over as a guest spectator and cherry blossoms providing wind boosts, suddenly Bowser's ship comes careening towards the palace and you start Part 3

Part 3 uses the zero gravity gimmick by using the streamers forming the chains as makeshift roads and the finales is one final fly to the goal in the skies

This reference not one specific game but Paper Mario's sense of art direction and adveture
The cardboard track is a great idea but it doesn't really fit for the first track. Hold on to this idea as it can easily be used in the next new track submission!

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Returning Track: Merry Mountain

This'd look great on console hardware. This course is really magical and dynamic, especially for a game like Mario Kart Tour. In my opinion it's worthy of joining the big boys on the next console game.

I don't have any exciting ideas for the first track of the Mushroom Cup so I'll sit this one out.

Voting:
1. Jumping/Kart Spring
2. Item Purchase

Yiptap

Smash Lord
LETS GO! I was hoping someone would make this thread. To kick things off, I’ll submit my tracks!

Returning Track: Shy Guy Falls
BD63855F-3005-4BBF-8336-9EDBABA6F186.jpeg

This was my favorite track in Mario Kart 8. The visuals are stunning, and the concept is amazing. This track truly deserves to return. Heck, it could even show some Shy Guys eating on the waterfall, as if on break.
New Track: None
I don’t know what to do for a new track. I really like the ideas I’ve seen here, though!

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Voting will continue Overnight

in the Meantime

Job #3

Submit a Veteran Mario Track that has not been brought back in the past
This can be any track that was not brought back in any of the previous Mario Kart games. Due to the ever changing nature of Mario Kart Tour, you can submit a track that reappeared in that game. But it is disqualified if it has appeared in another game. like the characters, Non-Mario tracks will be decided later.

&

Submit a concept for the first Track of the Mushroom Cup

For this part you may submit a name and general theming or set pieces. This is the first track of the mushroom cup so this is not where the most extravagant tracks will go for more examples see this page. The layout will be done later.
Job 3: Returning Track
Wario_Colosseum.jpg

Gonna go with Wario Collosseum which would be pretty cool to see come back.
Can't think of a new track.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Alright, I spent an hour making this sketch just to sell my idea.

Job #3
Returning track: Sunset Wilds
1616126753782.png

I loved what Mario Kart 8 did with Cheese Land and Ribbon Road. They felt like brand new tracks compared to their original incarnations and it made me want to see what they would do with my favorite Super Circuit track: Sunset Wilds.

Sunset Wilds did make its return in Mario Kart Tour, but honestly, it didn't do much for me. They didn't really try to spice up the design like last time, so I will be bringing it back with a fresh coat of paint. The race will start on an old western town, right out of a movie, with Koopa Troopas, Goomba and Toads all wearing cowboy attire cheering on the race. Other inclusions to the track include racing inside a canyon, where the Shy Guy tribes live, and a ranch on the outskirts of town. You will see the train from Kalimari Desert race around the track and over the canyon, but it will never be a hazard to the track.

New Track: Pass on this one.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 2 Results!
Progressive Destruction System GolisoPower GolisoPower 3
Off-Roading cashregister9 cashregister9 1
Item Purchase Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 4
Stop Boosts Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 4
Cup Holders CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 3
Jumping/Kart Spring ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos 4
Special Item Rework Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 5

We will be adding Special Items for every character as it's own job. (At least for the characters that are not in Double Dash.)

Track submissions will continue for another few hours.
Actually regarding this, what is Toad and Toadette's special item since DD has the Golden Mushroom and Tour has the Triple Mushroom...or are we giving each character a totally unique special item rather than them sharing some(for example Bowser and Bowser Jr both using the big Bowser shell)?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Actually regarding this, what is Toad and Toadette's special item since DD has the Golden Mushroom and Tour has the Triple Mushroom...or are we giving each character a totally unique special item rather than them sharing some(for example Bowser and Bowser Jr both using the big Bowser shell)?
I forgot about that.

We can try to add individual items for each character, but if it gets a bit too convoluted we can easily change it to unofficial teams.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
I forgot about that.

We can try to add individual items for each character, but if it gets a bit too convoluted we can easily change it to unofficial teams.
I was thinking teams would work very well. Giving every character a unique special item would be WAY too convoluted. It just makes more sense for each item to be used by at least two racers.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Here are the tracks you can vote for: We are using ranked voting, vote for your top 3 Veteran Tracks and your top 2 New Tracks. Try not to vote for your own

Veteran Tracks:
Rosalina's Ice World Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Broken Pier GolisoPower GolisoPower
Wario Stadium Otoad64 Otoad64
DK Summit Haruuuu Haruuuu
Toad's Factory Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
New York Minute cashregister9 cashregister9
Sweet Sweet Canyon YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Merry Mountain Gorgonzales Gorgonzales
Shy Guy Falls Yiptap Yiptap
Wario Colosseum Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Sunset Wilds ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos

New Tracks:
Toadette Circuit GolisoPower GolisoPower
Koopa Circuit Otoad64 Otoad64
Peach & Daisy Stadium Haruuuu Haruuuu
Yoshi Circuit Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Superstar Stadium cashregister9 cashregister9
Nabbit's Street Circuit YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

I know the new track one for this job was weirdly specific but from here on out with maybe an exception or 2, new tracks can be submitted without having to tie into any role or theme. We will organize them into cups later on.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Veteran Tracks:
1) Rosalina's Ice World
2) Shy Guy Falls
3) Toad's Factory

New Tracks:
1) Superstar Stadium
2) Koopa Circuit

Otoad64

Smash Lord