• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Ver. 2.2.0 Update is Here!

Wave_3_Kart.jpg

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s Ver. 2.2.0 update is here, alongside the third wave of the Booster Course Pass!

The Ver. 2.2.0 update brings new tracks, as well as a new Custom Items feature. Custom Items, as the name suggests, lets players choose what items will appear in a match! You can even set different item pools for separate teams. As for the tracks, the line-up is:
  • London Loop (Tour)
  • Boo Lake (GBA)
  • Rock Rock Mountain (3DS)
  • Maple Treeway (Wii)
  • Berlin Byways (Tour)
  • Peach Gardens (DS)
  • Merry Mountain (Tour)
  • Rainbow Road (3DS)

Author’s Note: I still wish we’d get new characters, but I’m pretty excited to try all the new tracks regardless! Also, I didn’t see the custom items thing coming at all, that’s pretty neat. But, what do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing: Zerp Zerp
Graphics: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

If we didn’t know about the Custom Items beforehand, who’s to say we won’t get new characters randomly? Mario Kart 8 Deluxe devs usually take their time on updates anyway - like with BotW Link getting in around 2019 iirc

If we didn’t know about the Custom Items beforehand, who’s to say we won’t get new characters randomly? Mario Kart 8 Deluxe devs usually take their time on updates anyway - like with BotW Link getting in around 2019 iirc
It's certainly possible, although at this point I'm suspecting they're saving characters for the next game. It'd make it a lot easier to make the roster feel "big" next game if they don't add stuff now, I'd love to be wrong though.

While the Custom Items option seems good on paper, there is a bug with it; the Spiny Shell icon doesn't appear on the minimap whenever it's present.

Seeing Peach Gardens on the list reminds me of how good the Mario Kart DS days were. I might have to dig up my copy and play it.
MKDS is the most nostalgic for me with its balloon battle. It probably won’t happen, but I’d love elimination battles to come back

So something weird happened when we selected "no items" with my friends last weekend : no matter what we did, the game kept forcing the Mushroom. Is it impossible to play with no item at all? If so, that would be really stupid.

So something weird happened when we selected "no items" with my friends last weekend : no matter what we did, the game kept forcing the Mushroom. Is it impossible to play with no item at all? If so, that would be really stupid.
The Custom Items setting does not remove the Item Boxes, even when all items are turned OFF.

And the boxes cannot be empty? So whatever you do, there must always be at least one item? That is so wierd...
Yeah that does pretty much destroy the whole point of being able to turn OFF all items. But I guess that's where the "No Items" setting comes to play, as it removes all Item Boxes.

View attachment 364813

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s Ver. 2.2.0 update is here, alongside the third wave of the Booster Course Pass!

The Ver. 2.2.0 update brings new tracks, as well as a new Custom Items feature. Custom Items, as the name suggests, lets players choose what items will appear in a match! You can even set different item pools for separate teams. As for the tracks, the line-up is:
  • London Loop (Tour)
  • Boo Lake (GBA)
  • Rock Rock Mountain (3DS)
  • Maple Treeway (Wii)
  • Berlin Byways (Tour)
  • Peach Gardens (DS)
  • Merry Mountain (Tour)
  • Rainbow Road (3DS)

Author’s Note: I still wish we’d get new characters, but I’m pretty excited to try all the new tracks regardless! Also, I didn’t see the custom items thing coming at all, that’s pretty neat. But, what do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Top Bottom