• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marina Liteyears for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

Boofer

Smash Ace
I've never played this game (though I watched someone play when I was a little kid), but I support her as a character. IMO she would fit nicely and she has a smashbros "look" to her, if that makes any sense.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
BUMP OHNOES

I was thinking, instead of a summoning final smash, how about this? Marina places both her hands on the ground and starts shaking the whole stage, to the point the actual screen shakes, like there's an earthquake going on. It'll be like Venasaur's effect after being thrown from the pokeball, but to a wider range.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Heh, I love that idea Jave.

Anyways, as far as the club name is concerned, "Shake! Shake!" is currently the big winner, with "Makin' Mischief" a distant second. So I guess we'll be going with the former, but I though we could incorporate the runner-up into the slogan: "Making Mischief Since 1997" or something to that degree. So what do you guys think?

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
this is another one of those "what game are they from" characters thats extremely unlikely to get in the game

Cless

Smash Champion
Like half the characters on the boards? Seriously, if you're expecting a 40 char roster, they're gonna half to do some reaching.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Like half the characters on the boards? Seriously, if you're expecting a 40 char roster, they're gonna half to do some reaching.
Or we'll end up with way too many Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon characters. I would much prefer more franchises represented than more characters from only a few franchises. Marina for Brawl!

Cless

Smash Champion
Even if they pull Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon characters, they're still gonna have to do some reaching. Plus, Sakurai always likes to surprise us.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Considering her abilities, the only FS I can picture Marina using is something that has to do with grabbing and throwing.

Veysey

Smash Cadet
Considering her abilities, the only FS I can picture Marina using is something that has to do with grabbing and throwing.
Don't forget that she can use those guns, missiles, throwing stars, grenades, rocks or her animal buddies. Not like they weren't in the game or something :p

Warning: Long and outrageous explanation on what I feel her FS should be...

But she also has (in my opinion) one of the best items that could be used for a FS. The clanpot. Once she activates the FS, she'll get the pot in her hands. At this point she just needs to "touch" other players to suck them into the pot. Other players will stay in there for a few seconds (maybe 3-5 would be good) before they get 'spat out'. In that time Marina can mash the throw button to shake the pot to high heavens. Every shake racks up say ~5%(+2 bonus per extra person in the pot or something) damage and when they opponent gets lightly thrown out of the pot, they're in the 'broken shield' state

What that does is makes you choose between getting. Get someone and deal as much damage as possible to them? Continue to hunt down other foes? After one person is thrown out, do you keep shaking the pot with others in it or kill off the person who is vulnerable? Of course, because of the nature of the FS, she isn't invulnerable... I mean people don't want to get sucked into the pot, so it will be a gamble on their part... try to take our Marina and potentially get sucked up or avoid her at all costs. Obviously projectiles will still work.

Anyways, thats just my overly ambitious thoughts on what Marinas FS should be like >_>

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
The idea of the FS sounds rather intriguing, if the clanpot isn't already incorporated into her moveset I could definately see it as her final smash. Sure it wouldn't seem as "epic" as other final smashes, but then again neither did WarioMan. The fact that you have to make a choice as to which method of damage-dealing you take certainly gives a fair trade-off to keep the move balanced. I like it :grin:

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
I agree, final smashes don't need to be epic. If the FS works well and adds strategy/indomitable power, than that is fine with me so long as it isn't too weak or too powerful. Oh, and I love the idea of a clanpot FS.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nintendo owns the copyright to him. Treasure is not in the copyrights at the bottom of the Dojo site.

Cless

Smash Champion
Nintendo owns the copyright to him. Treasure is not in the copyrights at the bottom of the Dojo site.
Does that mean that Nintendo doesn't own the copyright to Marina? Treasure developed both of those games, or maybe Squeenix and Nintendo would have to work that out since Enix and Nintendo published the game.

Jester_Katz

Smash Cadet
Enix published MM in Japan, Nintendo published the game in the other regions. But that aside...

I'm not sure how much property Nintendo owns to Mischif maker, but considering how successful the game was, not to mention that Marina would be a good fighter (to my opinion), I feel there are good odds of Marina being in SSBB.

...of course, in the end, I just wanna see what "Marina Kirby" would look like!

Cless

Smash Champion
I think she's gonna be an AT now. What with Stafy and Saki. I wouldn't be surprised if Takamaru and Sukapon were made into ATs as well.

Jester_Katz

Smash Cadet
Hmm, being an AT does sound plausible...but at least she'll still be in the game...yea, that's not the same.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I just truly want to see her in 3D glory. Well, at least updated graphics anyway.
Heh, for all we know if she were made an assist trophy she may end up in her original graphics like Excitebike. Still I just want to see her recognised in any form at all. Stafy seems to make her more likely as an AT, at least to me, for some reason.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Heh, for all we know if she were made an assist trophy she may end up in her original graphics like Excitebike. Still I just want to see her recognised in any form at all. Stafy seems to make her more likely as an AT, at least to me, for some reason.
I don't think Starfy affects her in any way. Thats still going to be characters in from lesser known older series even if Stafy couldn't make it in.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Starfy affects her in any way. Thats still going to be characters in from lesser known older series even if Stafy couldn't make it in.
It wasn't really a direct link or speculation or anything, nothing behind it. It was more just a random feeling sprouting from primarily unlinked thoughts at the time, heh.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I would like to agree, but my gut feeling begs to differ. I hate Sakurai today.

On a side note: The official rominization is Stafy, not Starfy. Glad that was finally settled :rolleyes:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think she's gonna be an AT now. What with Stafy and Saki. I wouldn't be surprised if Takamaru and Sukapon were made into ATs as well.
I think she's a third party character. In that case, it wouldn't make sense for them to get the rights to only make her an AT. She's like Geno. She's either playable or not in.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I think she's a third party character. In that case, it wouldn't make sense for them to get the rights to only make her an AT. She's like Geno. She's either playable or not in.
I don't think it would be much of a hassle to get the rights for Geno. It's not like Square is ever going to use that character again. Same with Marina. I wouldn't really mind if she was only an AT, because she has barely any chance at making it on the playable roster, and AT would be recognition enough.

Cless

Smash Champion
Assuming the characters in Sin and Punishment and the game itself are owned by Nintendo, I really can't fathom why Nintendo wouldn't do the same for Mischief Makers.

Jester_Katz

Smash Cadet
Well, all Marina does is just grab, shake-shake, and throw. Not really possible to make move sets out of those actions...but then again, that didn't stop them from being creative with Fox. So with that in mind, I think there's a good fighting chance (pun not intended...maybe) that Marina Kirby will be playable...I mean Marina.

omega_ridley_X

Smash Apprentice
The fiery pits of Norfair, home of RIDLEY!!!
Well, all Marina does is just grab, shake-shake, and throw. Not really possible to make move sets out of those actions...but then again, that didn't stop them from being creative with Fox. So with that in mind, I think there's a good fighting chance (pun not intended...maybe) that Marina Kirby will be playable...I mean Marina.
your forgetting about her boosts and the knifekick she has. and for a moveset, she could be different than any character: her main offence could be her throws instead of her attacks.

Jester_Katz

Smash Cadet
Well, being such a unique game, I suppose it would make sense to make Marina a unique fighter. Hmmm, also, some of the other fighters can pull items out, like Peach (turnips/vegetable) and Link (bombs), so something similar could be done for Marina.

Top Bottom