• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marina Liteyears for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
just what is flaming?, i don't want it, but i want to know what it is, see, i don't speak geek, and as for what i said, i don't regret ever saying it, because there just words, an opinion, no need to be offended by them, it's not that big a deal unless you make it one, just chill out, there's nothing wrong with a different opinion, and thanks for using my name W4VEMANTIS :p
I'll explain.

Flaming is pointless insulting.

Something like, "I did not like Mischief Makers becuase I did not like character designs." Would be more of an opinion. Saying stuff like "THIS GAME SUCKS SHE'S A GREEN HAIRED FREAK"-and ect is rude to others and has no real point to an agrument. It's just an insult and therefore it is refered to as a flame.

If everyone felt that insults where just words there would be alot less hate in the world.

That statement you made wasn't an opinion. It was rude. ^^

Back on topic,

MARINA LITEYEARS FTW!

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Here's the Marina moveset I had made up a while back... Enjoy.

B: Shake Shake (or whatever the hell the name of her grabbing mechanic is; the game gives it a name) -- Marina punches out her hands, negating any energy based projectiles and grabbing physical ones (i.e. missiles, arrows, etc.). This also deflects most physical blows (such as punches). Marina uses this esp., though, to grab opponents. As opposed to her regular grab, where she holds them with one hand and tosses, this is a two-handed grab that allows Marina free movement while she holds them (with B). She can dash, jump, etc. (but cannot attack), and by tapping Down repeatedly she will shake the opponent faster and faster for damage per second. By letting go of B, she will hurl them in whatever direction she is holding, and they will take damage. The opponent will also damage anyone they hit in the process. As far as grabbing solid projectiles or items (or catching them), they can be tossed as normal afterwards.

Forward B: Knife Kick -- Marina leans forwards then does a nasty sliding kick at a high speed, sending opponents upwards. This can be used as a recovery, but in the air she goes down diagonally (not at the same extreme angle as Falcon, though). At the end of the Kick, she can jump and get more air than usual.

Up B: Thrust -- Marina gets basically a third jump, where her jet boosters kick in harder than on her double. This works EXACTLY like a jump, so there's no damage or any real benefits, BUT she can keep tapping Up and B to keep the jump going, and effectively "hover-hop" in place. What sucks is that you can barely angle this jump, so she is mostly stuck in place "hopping," and can only move in the air after the jump.

Down B: Clan-Bomb -- Marina yanks a big ol' Clancer Bomb out of the ground. Just like holding an opponent, she can freely move while holding it, but it has 5 seconds before it lets loose a big explosion right in her face. Much more powerful than Link's Bombs, and cannot be picked up by anyone after being thrown.

**Note: Marina can Mid-Air Dash, a first in Smash Bros. By double tapping forward in the air, she will dash forwards. Interestingly, her ground dodges are the backwards dash she does in Mischief Makers as well as the roll. The Air Dash is essential to recovery. It's also much better than regular dashing (just remember to keep tapping Forward!)

Enjoy it gentlemen :laugh:

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Alright, Alpha. I wasn't trying to start any pointless beef with you, and I wasn't trying to make it any bigger than it was.
As long as you learned the error of your ways. It's okay to not like a character, but pointless insults isn't the way to express that.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I can't believe I didn't respond to your moveset sooner Flip, but ****... these things just come naturally to you, don't they? Awesome moveset, as always, but there were a few things I liked about my 'Shake! Shake!' move better - so I think I'll just combine them together. Knife Kick is definently going to be her Forward B and I really like Thrust and Clan-Bomb as well. And kudos on the Mid-Air Dash - I can't tell you how long I wanted to see that in SSBB :grin:

I'd award you the Internet for this acheivement in awesomeness, but I seem to have misplaced it amidst all the tubing...

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
I would so luagh if Marina was a sercret character and she came back on the wii Mishief Makers 2: Return of*those bad guys at the end you know the giant robot XD*
Gamecube controller and wii mote compatible SO cool id be like i Owned u by shaking the hell out u LOL "shake Shake" XD

hmm........ sonic, snake, megamanXand regular for costumes?, Oh god those are my three
Sercret Characters
Marina
WindWaker Link
the Big Boss from DKC
Ridley
diddykong
Capt Olimar yes he needs to come there he actually helped the game cube
thats it just a thought

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
FUFUFU! Thanks dudes! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: I used to work for a SSB fansite, and that was *basically* my job, research characters/movesets/bios. Haha. I have a knack for that kinda stuff.

But your moveset was pretty sweet too. Obviously, mine isn't the perfect one ;p

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
I forget if anyone here has posted what music to put in for a stage, but I think I found the right piece:

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1152

look at track number 15, and tell me what you think. I thought it would nice for a "Clance Wars" sort of stage. Wait a sec...was this the BGM for Clance Wars in the first place? Now I have to play the game again and find out...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I forget if anyone here has posted what music to put in for a stage, but I think I found the right piece:

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1152

look at track number 15, and tell me what you think. I thought it would nice for a "Clance Wars" sort of stage. Wait a sec...was this the BGM for Clance Wars in the first place? Now I have to play the game again and find out...
Haha, looks like you found it. That was the one I've been looking all over for... Definitely would work well as a theme, with the Boss music as an alternate (because that's an EXTREME theme)

Let's see if I can find it...

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1152/11

:)

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Ah, so it was the right song after all. Good choice for an alternate, but I wouldn't mind track 30 either, which is on the same page. It's the music that plays the first time you fight Lunar/Horas/Merco.

CHUK

Smash Ace
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS HELL YES!!!! MISCHEIF MAKERS WAS THE BEST N64 GAME.....EVER!!!!(caps on purpose)

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
The workings of an ultra intergalactic cybot-G!

Marina Liteyears​

Stats​
Height: ***
Weight: ****
Speed: ***
Traction: ****
Jump height: *****
Jump gravity: ***
Color alterations:
Normal - White dress, red pants with green hair and slateblue eyes/glove decals.
Alteration Red - Scarlet dress, black pants with crimson hair and golden eyes/glove decals.
Alteration Green - Jade dress, golden pants with black hair and slateblue eyes/glove decals.
Alteration Blue - Slateblue dress, black pants with black hair and golden eyes/glove decals.
Alteration Extra - Black dress, golden pants with golden hair and red eyes/glove decals.
Kirby: Marina's hat.

Main attacks:

A attacks:

A: Hook
Description - Quick hook with left hand.
Damage- 5%
Knockback- *
Speed- *****
Range- **

AA: Jab
Description - Quick jab with same hand.
Damage- 4%
Knockback- *
Speed- *****
Range- **

Natural combo: Flurry of fists
Description - Teran's B attack, the flurry of fists.
Damage- 5% per cycle
Knockback- *
Speed- ***
Range- **

Forward tilt: Punch
Description - Stronger jab with right hand similar to neutral A.
Damage- 8%
Knockback- **
Speed- ****
Range- **

Up tilt: Slash
Description - Slashs upward, like lunar's slash during the second phase of his battle.
Damage- 10%
Knockback- **
Speed- ****
Range- ***

Down tilt: Sweep
Description - Very similar to peachs. Just moving the hand in the reverse direction.
Damage- 6%
Knockback- **
Speed- ****
Range- **

Forward smash: Tarus punch
Description - Reels back fist, and lets out a powerful punch. Like tarus's, but less charge up.
Damage- 14%-22%
Knockback- ****
Speed- **
Range- ***

Up smash: Spin kick
Description - Does teran's spin kick. Fire element, as well. But since fire doesn't do anything in this game, it's just cosmetic.
Damage- 12%-20%
Knockback- ***
Speed- ***
Range- ***

Down smash: Sweep kick
Description - Hops, then does a quick low kick similar to luigi's, but spins while kicking.
Damage- 14%-16%
Knockback- ***
Speed- ***
Range- ***

Dash A: Backflip kick
Description - Like lunar's backflip kick during the second phase of his battle.
Damage- 10%
Knockback- **
Speed- ****
Range- ***

Aerial:

Nair: Spin
Description - Spins, hitting with the end of her hat.
Damage- 6%
Knockback- *
Speed- *****
Range- **

Fair: Boost punch
Description - Boosts foward with arm extended. Great knockback and priority.
Damage- 12%
Knockback- ****
Speed- ****
Range- ***

Uair: Air kick
Description - Like her up smash, but without the height raise.
Damage- 8%
Knockback- **
Speed- ****
Range- ***

Bair: Turn slap
Description - Spins around to hit enemy with back of hand.
Damage- 10%
Knockback- ***
Speed- ***
Range- ***

Dair: Stomp
Description - Like falcon's meteor, just without so much, you know, meteor property.
Damage- 10%
Knockback- ****
Speed- ***
Range- *

B attacks:

Neutral B: Shake
Description - Reaches out to grab opponent. It can grab nearly anything. If it comes into contact with an attacking enemy at the right time, not only does their attack stop, but if you throw backwards, it does 1.5 damage, like roy's counter. If you aren't in a grab counter state, you pick the opponent up, so you can move.
Press B and a direction to throw the opponent, exactly like in MM. If you press down while on the ground without pressing B, you begin to shake the enemy for 3% per shake. Smashing down does this faster, but stale move effect kicks in quicker this way.
Since, coupled with the down throw, this easily has the potential to be abused, they can easily get out of your grab, as easy as getting away from bowser's Koopa klaw.
Damage- 4%
Knockback- ***
Speed- ****
Range- *

Smash B: Knife kick
Description - On the ground, does quick and useful knife kick. If you jump immediately after, you gain twice the amount of air you usually would, as well as velocity. If done in the air, you do a dash similar to merco's. Stronger in the air, but you can't do anything until you land if you do it in the air. Chargable, so it works like samus's charge shot, for instance. Charge affects jump height and speed, and of course air range and speed.
Damage- 12%
Knockback- **
Speed- ****
Range- ****

Up B: Iron fist
Description - Extends arm like with a foward dash, but upward. Looks much like marina on the game cover. Can't alter trajectory, but falls slower once done, to allow for horizontal recovery.
Damage- %
Knockback- ***
Speed- ***
Range- ****

Down B: Clanpot
Description - Marina yanks a random item out of the ground. Gets either a throwing star which can hit multiple times, normal bomb with the power of link's bombs, or black bomb with red spots that explodes on contact, with good knockback that lifts opponent off ground. Throwing star is 20%, normal bomb is 12%, and bigger bomb is 8%.
Damage- 8%-20%
Knockback- ***
Speed- **
Range- *****

Grabs:​

Grab:
Description - Does dash, and grabs. Reach of yoshi's.
Speed- ***
Range- **

Grab attack: Slap
Description - Hits with free hand.
Damage- 3%
Speed- ***

Foward throw: Tarus throw
Description - Slightly tosses opponent into air, then hits with other hand, yelling "You suck!". ala tarus. Her strongest throw.
Damage- 10%
Speed- **
Range- ***

Up throw: Lunar throw
Description - Slightly tosses opponent into air, then follows with claw attack while laughing. ala lunar.
Damage- 8%
Speed- ****
Range- **

Back throw: Marina throw
Description - Slightly tosses opponent into air, then quickly jumps into air and grabs opponent, does a midair backflip, tossing opponent backwards. Yells "hooaah!", as if throwing an energy attack.
Damage- 8%
Speed- ****
Range- **

Down throw: Merco throw
Description - Says "lame", then grabs them, throws them to the ground, and releases a flurry of punches. ala merco.
Damage- 10%
Speed- **
Range- **

Final Smash: Beastecor​
Description - Marina teleports off stage, and the beastecor robot jumps on. Does 50% to everyone, or 150% to one person.

Misc.:​

Knockdown recovery attack (Face): Surge
Description - Gets up while surging with electricity.
Damage- 4%
Knockback- **
Speed- ***
Range- *

Knockdown recovery attack (Back): Booster flip
Description - Quickly backflips while having boosters on.
Damage- 4%
Knockback- **
Speed- ***
Range- *

Under 100% Edge recovery attack: Boost lift
Description - Uses boosters to deliver a fast headbutt.
Damage- 5%
Knockback- **
Speed- ***
Range- ***

Over 100% Edge recovery attack: Slow surge
Description - Slowly gets back on stage, then surges with electricity.
Damage- 3%
Knockback- **
Speed- **
Range- *

Stance: Same as in game.
Idle animation: Same as in game.
Dash animation: Same as in game.
Crouch: Same as in game.
Block: Same as in game.
Roll: Same as in game
Backstep: Boosts backwards
Sidestep: Generic sidestep
Airdodge: Same as marth's.
Jump: Same as in game.
Backwards jump: Same as marth's
Double jump: Same as captain falcon's.
Backwards double jump: Same as captain falcon's.
Taunt: End level dance. Monolouge, of course, is "yahoo!".
Victory 1: End boss pose.
Victory 2: Opening cinema, before the prof. comes in.
Victory 3: Does idle dance, then notices the camera, and does second animation in opening (The one with the prof.)
Star KO: When the prof. is hit by his brother's attack, but done in marina's voice.
Loss: Same as samus.

Special attributes​

Mid air dash:
Double tapping the control stick while thrown the other way will cause her to stop her velocity completly, with her boosters (You see this sometimes while facing bosses or mini bosses).
To keep from being cheap, isn't immediate, starts when she stops tumbling. As for after stopping the velocity, her dashes would use up her jumps. They would also go half a jump further than jumping, but just horizontally.
Activated by smashing desired direction, then jumping. Goes in 8 directions depending on how you held the control stick. Any direction horizontal or downward goes further than jumping.

Projectile grabs:
If she times her neutral B special attack at the right time when any projectile is coming at her (Even energy based ones), she can grab them and throw them back. Small projectiles lose power when thrown back (Arrows), any other physical ones retain the same damage, and energy based ones increase in energy once thrown back. However, to note, you can't hold energy based ones for long, they dissapate in about 15 seconds.

===

Stages:

Migen's shrine: Tourney legal
Music:http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1152/7
Music (Alternate):http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1152/6
General size: Green greens(Vertical) x Green Greens(Horizontal)

Description: Takes place in the migen brawl stage. The platform from the boss fight is doubleed to create the main platform.
Two platforms the size of the old platform are on both sides, with that same size as the distance from the main platform. The catch of the level is, the main platform is the type that floats, so if you stay on it too long, it will sink. Acts the same as in MM, same sinking time, comes out of lava just as low as well.

Clance wars: Tourney illegal
Music:http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1152/4
Music (Alternate):http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1152/1
General size: Yoshi's island 64(Vertical) x Mushroom Kingdom(Horizontal)

Description: Takes place in the street below imperial HQ. This may be hard to visualize, but I'll do my best. Basically, on the bottom level is the street. First platform completely covers up the street below, you have to drop through it to get to the street. Second platforms are 1/4 the size of the first platform, one on each side.
Here's where it starts to get complicated. On the streets, there is an actual clance war going on, the resistance vs. the imperial empire. For the most part, it's random clancers fighting, but on each extreme side, there's a special enemy. For the resistance, they have Blockman on their side, and for the imperial empire, Marzen 64. On the two highest platforms, there's a sandbag each, that can take up to 250% damage.
Once it takes all the damage it can, it breaks, and the sheild on the opposite special enemy breaks. The one you fought for then does a super attack, wiping away the enemy forces.
The ground then shines either blue or red, depending on who you helped. If you're on the same side as them, you can go down into the street, and get healed for 2% health each second, for 30 seconds. If your enemy comes down, he gets shocked by the ground.
P1 and 3 are resistance, P2 and 4 are the imperial empire. The sandbags are clearly colored, and the ones you have to destroy lie on the opposite side of where you start. You, of course, will be clearly colored as well to know which one you're after.
Sorry if it wasn't clear, it would be better if I could sketch it for you.

===

CHUK

Smash Ace
CHUK's Marina

CHUK's Marina Liteyears

I would Like to say the reason I made this is because Mischief Makers is my favorite video game (after SSBM). I think it is in the same category as many of the great Nintendo 64 games such as Super Mario 64 and Star Fox 64. Thank you VERY much for reading. Enjoy.
Marina Lightyears:
NOTE: Excluse for Nintendo 64 but still considered 3rd party.

Mischief Makers chronicles the adventures of Marina Liteyears, an "Ultra-InterGalactic-Cybot G" who accompanies her inventor, Prof. Theo, from earth to research the mysterious Planet Clancer.

Weight:A Little heavier than or about as heavy as Marth; Play Mischeif Makers to get the feel of it.
Jump: Initial jump normal, 2nd and 3rd jump has Marina's jet pack force her in an upward direction. She jumps 3 times before she has to use her Upward B but the jumps are weak and fast similar to in game, besides the first one.
Throwing Items: Punches item in that direction like in Mischief Makers. If throwing Item up she kicks it up with a backflip like in Mischief Makers.
Dodge: Steps to side on one foot
Mid-Air Dodge: Jet pack forces her in indicated direction.
Roll: Barrel Roll's out of the way.
Super Smash: Hops on blockman for 8 seconds ravaging up a whole lot of percent on the opponents.

Special Attacks:
Neutral B: Charges Jetpack in a way similar to how Samus charges her Neutral B or how Mewtwo Charges his Neutral B which can be used to make her Fly forward with her body tilted forward and attacking with her shoulder. when you used it fully charged it would be like Jigglypuff's Neutral B in how it acts whn it goes off the edge but she would stop after a distance It would be like Captain Falcon's Forward B in how he jets forward but would just smash them to kingdom come like jigglypuff's Neutral B. It would make you blink in air leaving you without an up B or any jumps similar to Captain Falcons Forward B if you go off the edge.
Upward B: Uppercut forced by Jetpack.
Forward B: Jetpack pushes slightly forward making Marina grab the opponent similar to bowser's Forward B except this is usable in air, much like Marina can grab in air in Mischief Makers. You must tap a direction as you grab or else she will just punch them forward doing little damage.
Downward B: Pulls out Clancer head and throws it down(always). If thrown in air it will travel a little distance and stop in air. Anyone that touches it (including Marina) will be launched up a little way according to percent making a mininum increase in percent. This will destroy the Clanser head. Has a little delay on attack as to not be spammed. If throw into the ground while in air it will get stuck in the ground. If used on ground it will just bounce up Marina and a possible opponent.If you do not understand what I mean by the head, the head would look like the one ontop of the Blockman:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pcCS3N-VZiQ
or the heads in this:

Ground A's; Smash, Tilts, and Others(based on facing the right direction):
Neutral A: Jabs with left, right, then left. Last punch knocks them away a little bit.
Running A: Jets forward with fist. Hits them forward and angled slightly up.
Down Tilt: A trip with the foot away from the screen. Knocks them up:
Forward Tilt: A stretched jab.
Up Tilt: uppercuts straight up, similar to Doctor Mario and Mario.
Forward Smash: Smashes fistforward coming from top to bottom.
Down Smash: Spins String from hair forward then behind fast.
Up Smash: Hard headbutt getting whole body into it.

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral Air: sticks feet forward while leaned backward nearly 90 degrees.
Forward Air: Punches Forward in a similar way as ganon but faster and not as powerful. More of a fast punch sending them straight.
Backward Air: powerul Backfist.
Down Air: Send feet pointed down for a weak spike.
Up Air: Flips attacking with strings sending them upward forward.

Grabs:
Grab A: Slaps
Forward Grab: Hops(while still holding them) and dropkicks them forward.
Backward Grab: Chucks them over her shoulder into the ground but not straight down, more like Jigglypuff's Forward throw.
Downward Grab: Grabs with one arm and slams them straight down below Marina with that one arm.
Upward Grab: Throws them into the air by grabbing with legs and sommersaulting backwards and releasing them during the sommersault.

Aerial Grabs;based on Forward B:
Neutral(Doesn't tap direction fast enough): Punches them doing low damage and pushing them forward
Forward Aerial Grab: Slight uppercut (as if you were to uppercut someone in the stomach) sending the opponent forward.
Backward Aerial Grab: Fly pass the opponent and push off them while passing fast.
Downward Aerial Grab: Marina floats up while raising fist and smashes down on their head(or area where a head would be).
Upward Aerial Grab: Grabs the opponent then tosses them straight up. Not too strong or else this could be over powered by mid air grab.

Taunt and Victory Taunts:
Taunt: Leans forward, Spins once and saids "yahoo!",then leans back, like in the end of this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zb_rXupQvNs
Victory 1: Hopping up and down saying "yahooo!"
Victory 2: Shakes hips and saids "Shake Shake"
VIctory 3: Does a Windmill on one hand then punches at screen.

More Coming Soon...

The Cape

Smash Master
I am working on a small video demonstrating the skills that Marina has in Mischief Makers and how they can be applied to smash brothers. The video will hopefully be ready soon, but I am sure you will all be interested in seeing it :)

Heliosmash

Smash Rookie
Lord Deathborne, Marina for Brawl is a fantastic idea! Good thinking. She is ideally suited to the game. While most characters (with the exception of Kirby, Jigglypuff, Pit, Samus, Metaknight etc.) look ridiculous double jumping, the jet-packed equipped Marina would be in her element. In light of the fact that she is so obscure, she'd fit the role of the WTF? character nicely. MOVE ASIDE MR. GAME & WATCH!

And sorry if anybody else has said the same things. I didn't have time to read all the posts, and was too giddy and excited not to post something myself.

T-major

Smash Champion
I've already said this, but Marina FTW!! I admit her chances of getting in are slim to none. but if she did, it would increase her popularity, and maybe open way for a sequel! MISCHIEF MAKERS 2 FTW!!

Heliosmash

Smash Rookie
U do know samus has a jet pack right o_O!
I do, which is why I listed Samus in the exceptions list. But point taken, if you were arguing that a jetpack isn't enough to justify inclusion on the roster.

In my defense though, Marina's jet pack is far more integral to her character than Samus' is. She used it as heavily as Mario used the Fludd in Sunshine, if not more heavily. This is one of the many reasons she's so thoroughly suited to Smash Bros.

Other reasons include her:

Distinctive character design - Her striking stlyised appearance and animation easily surpass the quality of your common derivitive platformer protagonist, undoubtedly worthy of the masterful SSB treatment. Her dodges, jumps, running and grab animations are tailor made for the game. She is as unforgettable, as loveable, as humorous, and as unique as any first party Nintendo character. Her sound design is charmingly old-school/Japanese too.

Pedigree - She's only appeared on a Nintendo system... I think... so, she's loyal. Mischief makers was a refreshingly original, highly sophisticated, and consistently entertainting classic. Its old-school difficulty combined with its wonderfully varied levels made for a truly compelling experience. For its achievements, both design-wise and artistically, it surely deserves recognition in the ultimate Nintendo-fest that is Smash Brothers.

Alas... we'll probably get Sonic instead... which wouldn't be so bad... but... meh...

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
It would be funny if she was a secret charater i would laugh xD

Sonics not a bad charater he's expected :D

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
HA! I'M NOT DEAD YET! (Much to the disappointment of some... :demon: )

But I really appreciate all the enthusiasm form Marina, particularly from Januar and CHUK -- those are some awesome movesets - I sure wish I came up with some of the ideas you guys did. But seriously, TREASURE needs more rep. Period. Just started playing the original Gunstar Heroes on the VC - a truly awesome game just like most their offerings. But yeah - Marina Lightyears FTW!

Heliosmash

Smash Rookie
! ! STOP EVERYTHING ! !

...I updated my sig.

And yes. You can touch it. But only once. Knock yourselves out kids.

Mecheye

Smash Rookie
I bought this game a while back for the heck of it, and it ended up being one of the best games of all time! Marina would make an awesome charicter!

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
I loved this game an INSANE amount. If they ended up throwing Marina in, I'd be a happy, happy man. I support this wholeheartedly. ^_^

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Cape, any luck with that video yet? By the way, you are THE cape right, the mario player?

Just finished posting a major overhaul to my moveset back on page 9. Check it out if you're interested. I'll have to edit again later and make it pretty, but I'm basically done now.

By the way, chuk, I don't know if I ever said it, but I definitely like your moveset. I directly changed my forward B because of reading your neutral B.
Hopefully this bump will shed light on more marina liteyear supporters.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I would love seeing Marina in the game, but remember how Nintendo said they won't be including Cartoon/Anime characters? Well Marina came from a series called Yuke Yuke Trouble Makers so that really cuts her chances big time

(P.S. I didn't read through the topic)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I would love seeing Marina in the game, but remember how Nintendo said they won't be including Cartoon/Anime characters? Well Marina came from a series called Yuke Yuke Trouble Makers so that really cuts her chances big time

(P.S. I didn't read through the topic)
... o_o;

You do know that "Yuke Yuke Trouble Makers" is simply the Japanese title of Mischeif Makers, don't you? And just because a game is anime-style doesn't mean that it in fact originated from an anime...

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Well speaking of that, it's kinda off topic, but wouldn't a MM anime have been so awesome?

Joka

Smash Journeyman
HAHA! I've been playing Mischeif Makers all day! I must say I'm really liking the game.

Mr Feather

Smash Rookie
First post.

I really hope Marina gets in. I mean, when SSBM came out, who out there didn't say "Who the hell are the Ice Climbers?" I knew, but that's besides the point.

Treasure was really more supportive of Sega back in the day, but they did push out a couple games on the SNES/N64. Realistically, I doubt Dynamite Headdy will make it in as anything more than a trophy (Support trophy? Wishful thinking.) Anyway, if any of Treasure's characters are going to get in, it should be Marina. Without a doubt.

EDIT: Heliosmash, Marina also took part in a party game for PSX, called 'Rakugaki Showtime'. So the she's not completely loyal to Nintendo. Rakugaki Showtime was recalled shortly after it's release though, because of some copyright issue with some of the music (to my knowledge.) Too bad. It was a fantastic game.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
True. I was one that said: "Who are the Ice Cimbers?" Until I looked them up and saw that they've only been in ONE game that came out in 1985. Now, if that 's possible, what are the odds of a character that's been in ONE game that came out 1997? If anything, Marina will be a great addition to Brawl.

Mr Feather

Smash Rookie
Well, Ice Climbers was bundled with the NES at one point. :/ This is why they received their position in the roster, I suppose.

(Marina was also in Rakugaki Showtime for PSX, look at my above post.)

But for sure. She would be perfect. I would love Mischief Makers to gain popularity. Treasure has been on a sequel rampage recently.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm fairly new to these forums, lurked for a bit, but this thread most certainly caught my eye! I never knew in my wildest dreams that there was so much support for good ol' Marina! It has got to be one of my all-time favourite games, played it years ago but it's still sitting next to my beloved N64 - it served me well :) - and after all the happy memories of Mischief Makers have come flooding back, I'm tempted to play it once more ^_^

Seriously, I'm absolutely 100% on board for her inclusion in Brawl, however unlikely it may be. Still, if Ice Climbers can do it, I honestly hope Marina can somehow make it in. I, too, was one of those who had no idea who they were until I read their trophy. Some of these skillsets and ideas circulating would be absolutely awesome.

If Marina was implemented, that would seriously be one of the greatest things to ever happen, seeing as I loved, and still do love, both of their game franchises. It's kind of sad she hasn't really been seen since 1997, except for that other PSX game.

I can picture it now, the crowd (somehow) managing to chant "Ultra-Intergalactic-Cybot G Marina Liteyears" :laugh:

(P.S. Ever since I came across that music link while reading this thread, I've been sitting here for almost half an hour listening to those classic Mischief Makers themes XD Ah, good times)

PIT_IS_BACK

Smash Journeyman
I know it's just wishful thinking for the most part, but say certain third-party companies get one character each, and Treasure happens to be one such company, I think Marina would have the best shot among their ranks, considering MM was their best selling title...
i just read that, and sorry, but this is game IS fun....but if its from treasure id have to go with something from the Gun Star franchise instead.

Arteen

Smash Lord
i just read that, and sorry, but this is game IS fun....but if its from treasure id have to go with something from the Gun Star franchise instead.
I would still rather have Marina appear. She is a much more interesting character. At the very least, MM was only for the N64, whereas Gunstar started on Sega systems and has appeared on Nintendo systems only in the form of a GBA sequel and a Virtual Console release.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Haha! MM is one of my favorite Nintendo 64 games (others being Smash Bros, Kirby 64 and Mario Kart). Though I've just played (and beat it) recently on the Porject64 emulator. Marina would be a pretty neat character. I hope she will be in it. Either as an AT or a newcomer.

Top Bottom