• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 11th Crazy Game Trader Tournament - Atlanta GA

GAwes

Hidden Boss
So for those of you (mostly everyone in the GA community) who didn't come to the last crazy game trader tournament, i emplore you to come to the next one March 11. Keep in mind the figures, such as entry fee, prize cut, and prize payout may change over the coming weeks, but not to drastically. For now i will post a supposition of what is likely to happen.

What: Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament
When: Sunday 12 PM March 11th
Why: So you guys can give me money

***Singles will be after doubles, no gaurantee on time as it depends on how many people will show up for doubles***

ADDRESS

Crazy Game Trader
6424 Bells Ferry Rd #138
Woodstock, GA 30189

RULES

In Singles Money will be divided like this

1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%

In Teams, money will be divided like this.

1st - 75%
2nd - 25%
3rd - Special Prize or Money Back (if 2nd place gets at least twice money back)

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER
I can't stress this enough people, and this tournament is going to be very big, so you may not want to bring a wavebird, or if you do, make sure to bring another controller in case you start getting your channel stolen, because hitting pause or complaining about it during a match is really lame and will constitute you a loss, no exceptions

Both tournies are Double Elimination
Singles will have pools (if more than 20 people show up)

*Singles Rules*

*Brackets*

-4 Stock
-Best 2 out of 3
-7 Min Time Limit
-ALL ITEMS ARE OFF

Characters - - - Stages

- No stage can be played twice in one set. The only exception being non-banned, non user banned random stages in a best of 5 set (this is only if the stage was first chosen by either the other player, or randomly, no picking the same stage twice by one player)

1st match - Any characters can be chosen, if any descrepancies arouse, double-blind character selection will be used

2nd match - Loser of First match must choose whether to choose to pick the stage the second match will be played on and pick character first, or force the winner of the first match to select character first and choose random or agreement on an allowed level.

3rd match ^Same Rules as second match

Slobs on Stages - - - If selected as method of slob

1st match - Must be random stage unless both persons agree to a stage that IS NOT BANNED

2nd match - After characters are selected, loser of 1st match selects a stage from either the random stage list or the slob/allowed stage list... IN NO CASE CAN A BANNED STAGE BE PLAYED

3rd match - same rules apply as in second match

*Levels*

Stages set as random :
- Final Destination
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokemon Stadium
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story (Yoshi's Island)
--Kirby's Dreamland 64

Slob Stages / Available for Agreement :
-Final Destination
-Fountain of Dreams
-Battle Field
-Kirby's Dreamland 64
-Yoshi's Story (Yoshi's Island)
-Pokémon Stadium
-Peach's Castle
-Corneria
-Mute City
-Rainbow Cruise
-Green Greens
-Mushroom Kingdom II
- Mute City
-Pokefloats
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Brinstar
-Jungle Japes

*Banned Stages
-Icicle Mountain
-Great Bay
-Flat Zone
-Hyrule
-Mushroom Kingdom I
-Brinstar Depths
-Fourside
-Big Blue
-Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
-Onett
-Yoshi 64
-Kongo Jungle
-Venom

Teams Rules

-4 Stock
-Best 2 out of 3
-8 Min Time Limit
-ALL ITEMS ARE OFF
-Same rules in characters and levels apply to teams
Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are off due to lag.
-TEAM ATTACK IS ON

Finals in Both Catagories (this means winners finals, losers finals and both sets of finals if they last through that) will be best of 5 matches; 5 stock (4 stock for teams)...

_Wes

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Since Alpha will be in TX I most likely can not show up. I will see what Tsunami can do as far as a ride though.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I might be game for this, gotta check my calander.

I'll try to bring some of meh homies up, too. Gotta talk to em.

Hell, i need to get a real crew down here. It's ****in lonely in south ga. :/

--edit--

what the heck is up with you guys and sundays up in ATL?

Makes me have to do a 4hr drive back to college.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Is it March 11 or Feb. 11? I was told it was Feb. I probably can't come if it's March, I have a play =D

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Yeah man i can more than likely give you a ride, since its north of here i'll likely be leaving from GSU. but if you need exp. come play smash sometime lol, you've never been over here

Laijin

Smash Hero
lol. everytime I try to come over, your usually busy or not there.
I can only come over on the weekends cause I have school on the weekdays. If your there this saturday, I can probably come over then. But I need the GSU dorm shuttle bus times.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
GPC might make this. A lot of our people couldn't come to FP, so they're anxious for the next tournament to come along.
Hopefully, I can bring about 10-14 people.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Im gonna go to this just for the experience. I dont know if im entering the tournament or not, it all just depends on how I feel and who is there.
I would love to enter teams though..

Anyone wanna be my partner? Im looking at you Tong..

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I'd like to come but 6 hours is pretty ****ing far. Especially when I could go to HOST2 in 7 hours.

Mississippi sucks. Aside from Innsomnia there's never anything closer than 5 - 6 hours. :(

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Dogy is going to hate me >.<

Yeah i wont be able to make it to Evo South*work and other **** pwn me >.<*
So me and my crew*Ares, Prac, Gerbil, Reflex, Tsunami etc..* will be at this.
Plz dont kill me Dogy.....
Edit: Tong can we team PLZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
awesome name shai, you should have come to my tourney last weekend though, it was beaaast, 18 t.v's, about 60 people, bam!
I almost went actually, but decided against it because I didn't feel like driving that far to get destroyed.

You have the most aggressive CF I've ever seen, btw. Tell him to lay off the meth.

Prac352

Smash Lord
Awesome, I'm part of Alpha's crew now. I'm now associated with Reflex, Gerbil, Tsunami, Seph, and Ninja. Now all that's left is to get falcon punched by Wes out of a moonwalk and the transformation is complete.

mog112

Smash Ace
i got a new challenge for anyone.

each pick 5 different characters. start off with 1 each and battle, whoever wins keeps their stock and character while the other pick one of the remaining 4 characters they started with left. repeat till one person has no characters left.

ill mm for any amount. no greater than $5 though lol

anyone up for this?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I would, 112. is this like a crew battle... except you're the crew? lol
but you know I'm up in old SC so I can't.
I hope to see your name at the number 1 spot in the results though.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Hey Wes, what are the entry fees for this tournament? I didn't see any listed on the first page. Does that mean it's free? Or is it $15 for singles and $20 per team like all your others?

EDIT: If anybody from Columbus needs a ride I've got two open seats in my car. I'll be staying the whole time (if that's an issue for anyone).

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i got a new challenge for anyone.

each pick 5 different characters. start off with 1 each and battle, whoever wins keeps their stock and character while the other pick one of the remaining 4 characters they started with left. repeat till one person has no characters left.

ill mm for any amount. no greater than $5 though lol

anyone up for this?
i dunno if i'd do this for money, but i'd be willing to do this for the fun.

--edit--

BTW

Reflex, if ya dont have a partner, wanna do doubles? I've been workin on Ness, so we can do Ness & G&W.

MESS SOME PEOPLE UP WITH THE SLOPBUCKET!!

Hitman_Yosumi1881

Smash Rookie
this is like round 30 min from where i live so ill be comin to this.....i've been tryin to get into tourneys for a while and i'd like to see how i stack up against other ppl. i'll prob bring a couple of friends too

Top Bottom