• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 11th Crazy Game Trader Tournament - Atlanta GA

Hitman_Yosumi1881

Smash Rookie
For those that were here....I was the dude in the camo shirt who got ****in BODY ROCKED! omfg for my 1st tourney not only did i realize i'm a n00b.....I got 4 stocked on my last match!! i'm sure carter or 112 won singles and too bad i couldnt stay to see the doubles.....i feel horribe and i ned to get my weight up.....dogy good **** on destroying my friend w/ doc lol

Hitman_Yosumi1881

Smash Rookie
I left early becuz my friends wanted to leave after the disgrace they put on their families....but when i left it wasn't over.....i'd say there was bout 15+ ppl in all there

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
The whole tourney finished about an hour ago. It actually went extremely fast and was pretty good (maybe because there were only about 25 people there). But it was fun.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Second tourney! Did better than last time, and learned a few things to boot.
Wish I could've had a few more friendlies, but I had fun while I was there.
Good stuff.

Hitman_Yosumi1881

Smash Rookie
.....was that you menthol who i faced 1st? u punished my *** for counterpicking yoshi's story...i just wanna let u kno i was SUPER nervous n wasn't even thinkin when those words escaped my mouth lol i bet u were thinkin 'O yes....i will demmolishing his ******** ***'

was there ne friendly advice u wanna give me? i'm tryin my ****edst (meh?) to get better becuz that was sooooooooooooo horrible (the whole 6 months i been back on smash i been playin 4 playa melee n i stopped doin that **** today.....only doin 1 on 1 from now on)

congrats on 1st carter but yea all n all i thought it was fun....would love to come to more tourneys

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
.....was that you menthol who i faced 1st? u punished my *** for counterpicking yoshi's story...i just wanna let u kno i was SUPER nervous n wasn't even thinkin when those words escaped my mouth lol i bet u were thinkin 'O yes....i will demmolishing his ******** ***'

was there ne friendly advice u wanna give me? i'm tryin my ****edst (meh?) to get better becuz that was sooooooooooooo horrible (the whole 6 months i been back on smash i been playin 4 playa melee n i stopped doin that **** today.....only doin 1 on 1 from now on)

congrats on 1st carter but yea all n all i thought it was fun....would love to come to more tourneys
Yeah, that was me you played.
Yeah, I can give you some pointers~
You need to work on L cancels, but then again, so does everyone.
I'd recommend trying pokemon stadium as your basic counterpick, Doc does well there.
If you can get land-dashing down, he moves around that place like no one's business.
When you throw a floaty character, use the down throw, follow with up tilts to up airs, etc. Someone like Dogy or Chris could tell you more about Doc Mario... he's not one of the characters I'm good with @_@

Just keep coming to tourneys, and practicing. You're welcome to come to GPC any day, we're ALWAYS there having a smashfest inbetween classes.
Keep up the good work, I'll get some friendlies with you at the next tourney you're at! ^_^

@ Twister-
Thanks man! I'm comin' for ya at Snowday! ;)
Be redday!

Hitman_Yosumi1881

Smash Rookie
Yeah, that was me you played.
Yeah, I can give you some pointers~
You need to work on L cancels, but then again, so does everyone.
I'd recommend trying pokemon stadium as your basic counterpick, Doc does well there.
If you can get land-dashing down, he moves around that place like no one's business.
When you throw a floaty character, use the down throw, follow with up tilts to up airs, etc. Someone like Dogy or Chris could tell you more about Doc Mario... he's not one of the characters I'm good with @_@

Just keep coming to tourneys, and practicing. You're welcome to come to GPC any day, we're ALWAYS there having a smashfest inbetween classes.
Keep up the good work, I'll get some friendlies with you at the next tourney you're at! ^_^

@ Twister-
Thanks man! I'm comin' for ya at Snowday! ;)
Be redday!
i was practicing my SHBAWD 2 days ago for a lil bit n i had timimg down.....a lil but then again how good can u be @ that when u can barely wave land :p

yea i wanna keep coming to tourneys but i think i'll wait b4 i come to ne 1's close by (meaning u won't be gettin my money THAT easily again lol) for a bit n get down to da knitty gritty with practicing

n yea maybe i'll come round there some time n we'll smash a lil :)

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
triple mikes.....

too late for a name cahnge ?

congrats menthol on 3rd...im coming for yah..suncahsers house was just the beggining !

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
The whole tourney finished about an hour ago. It actually went extremely fast and was pretty good (maybe because there were only about 25 people there). But it was fun.
Or maybe cause half of the participants were under 12 years old.

. . . . I can still get on the power rankings if I spent the day 4 stockin' kids, right?

I mean, I made sure to go beast mode on em. Take no prisoners.

. . . .

The worst part is, im totally not kidding. :(

112 put me in the losers bracket like, my 2nd match, and i just beat up on lil kids and had a few real matches till i got back to 112 . . . . . who buttpacked me again. :/

BUT ATLEAST I PUT THE DI IN "I WONT DIE" :-D

140%? Fountain of Dreams? Tipper? DI!!

170%? d-tilt poke? GAME OVER!!! :(

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion

. . . . I can still get on the power rankings if I spent the day 4 stockin' kids, right?

. . . .

112 put me in the losers bracket like, my 2nd match, and i just beat up on lil kids and had a few real matches till i got back to 112 . . . . . who buttpacked me again. :/

I'm about 300% sure that little kids walked in front of the screen about 50 times during 112's matches as well
xD
And I didn't get to play any little kids in singles T_T.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'm about 300% sure that little kids walked in front of the screen about 50 times during 112's matches as well
xD
And I didn't get to play any little kids in singles T_T.
Aw dude, lol.

If I was you, 112; i'da tossed me a lil ****er.

That junk was ********, cause it's not like they gave you a warning or anything.

I mean, I can kinda understand that they dont know, and they dont know the seriousness (read: seriousness, not importance) of the match, but dear god. YOU JUST DONT WALK IN FRONT OF SOMEBODY WHEN THEY'RE LOOKIN AT A TV. that's rude. :/

but yeah man, some of them lil kids were hilarious.

"OMG YOU LOST DOGY?!?!?"

"Yeah, 112 packed my junk"

"HOW YOU'RE TOO GOOD?"

"Yeah, well then he's too good + 112."

I had lil kids as fans, 112 and Carter had(s) the smash boarder fans. In the end, i still think im goin to smash hell for 4 stockin lil kids without regard.

. . . . .

that wasnt cruel..

THAT WAS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hitman_Yosumi1881

Smash Rookie

. . . .

yea that was funny how 112 poked ya FTW lol but i only saw 4-5 kids there......maybe rest were teh n00bies (excluding u guys) but sayin half the comp was lil kids.....i think not

but i really enjoyed the 4 stocking of that roy @ jungle japes.....PILL POPPING DOC!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yea that was funny how 112 poked ya FTW lol but i only saw 4-5 kids there......maybe rest were teh n00bies (excluding u guys) but sayin half the comp was lil kids.....i think not
Yeah, i may exaggerated, but im still stickin to my story. Cause i swear i'd look, see maybe, 6 - 10 real people playing, and see an army of little kids piled up in the corner.

. . .

--evil laugh--

I went and played a ffa vs, picked jiggs, and was working hard for u-tilt to rest combos. WOP'd a few of em off the side too. I'm so goin to hell.

That tournament was fun as hell though; wish they'da did doubles first though. :/

GA Peach

Smash Lord

but i really enjoyed the 4 stocking of that roy @ jungle japes.....PILL POPPING DOC!
that makes me mad, someone misrepresenting roy like that...:mad:

FuFu300

Smash Cadet
Man, I wish I had come. I woulda finally got some experience. When's the next Crazy Gamer Trader Tournament gonna be held?

Hitman_Yosumi1881

Smash Rookie
Yeah, i may exaggerated, but im still stickin to my story. Cause i swear i'd look, see maybe, 6 - 10 real people playing, and see an army of little kids piled up in the corner.

. . .

--evil laugh--

I went and played a ffa vs, picked jiggs, and was working hard for u-tilt to rest combos. WOP'd a few of em off the side too. I'm so goin to hell.

That tournament was fun as hell though; wish they'da did doubles first though. :/
meh....its bound to happen have ppl play game for insane amounts of time wasting away they lives thinkin they are good *coughcoughhitmanyosumicoughcough* :p .....but just to find out they are steaming pile of horse crap....not a good experience but of course i'm sure those wee kids weren't even worried bout it.....i'm sure they had fun chanting and cheering 'GO DOGY!'

i had a purpose to reply to this but i'm sure i lost it during the whole process so just nvm lol

mog112

Smash Ace
Man, I wish I had come. I woulda finally got some experience. When's the next Crazy Gamer Trader Tournament gonna be held?
he said there would be another one fairly soon, prbly within the next month or so.

the guy wasnt exactly very cooperative, he just played poker on his computer most of the time. couldnt really even look at the brackets. singles was first, kinda weird. also in both doubles and singles one side of the bracket was much much harder than the other.

if i go next time im going to try and make him do it normally.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
the guy wasnt exactly very cooperative, he just played poker on his computer most of the time. couldnt really even look at the brackets. singles was first, kinda weird. also in both doubles and singles one side of the bracket was much much harder than the other.

if i go next time im going to try and make him do it normally.
Quoted for truth.

And he kept playin terrible cards. I saw that guy actually playin 7 2 offsuit. I was like "are you serious?"

I personally didnt like the venue, though. 4 tv's sitting next to each other. I had to get the idea of turning the end tvs out just so people could fit in, especially for doubles. And even with the end tvs moved, I still felt cramped .

[incoming completely sarcastic john]
That's why rayku and i got ***** in the finals. I got a knee up the *** from (i think) Kirbyjim while we were trying to strategize on how to not get *****.

[/sarcasmjohn]

_______

On a side note, it was nice seeing alot of the old school game systems and whatnot.

They had a frickin super famicon and a virtual boy.

And a Steel Battallion setup, but i left that one alone, lol.

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
Atleast it went quickly (partly becuase there weren't that many people and mostly because the tournament got started quickly. Also, people didn't sit the and play friendlies while they had a tournament match to play) One thing I don't like about a lot of tournies I've been to is that I get there at 12pm (which is when it's supposed to start), the tournament really starts at 3 pm, and then it takes forever to make the brackets so we get out of there around midnight. I love playing smash, but staying in a half-lit room for 12 hours with a bunch of smelly guys sucks *******. I still had time to do something else for the rest of the day, so I was happy about that. The setup was somewhat cramped, but atleast we didn't small 12 inch tvs.

Sentenal

Smash Cadet
He said he wanted to do this monthly, and that was all I remmeber. I gotta learn how to fight Doctor Mario before that one, though. Or pray I get an easier bracket.

Top Bottom