• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MannCo: Cookie Country v3

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
so, whatever happened to the galaxy stage?

also, what .rel base would I need to use for metamine?
Im making various tweaks to make it look more high quality, I think I added to many things to it and it looks like a cluster storm.
Im sticking to only one version of it, platformed.

Since Im working with these two stages at the same time and smash 3 stuff, I plan to get the easy ones out first so I can focus on the tedious ones later.

Metamine works for Final Destination without the need for a .rel. You can use FD as base to port to other stages.

Dang...

I downloaded this around half an hour before you updated it... XD
I noticed the flickering issue while testing how the stage looks with a new import:

Current progress, the fix actually made the file size smaller... so I needed to apply it to the FD stages as well.
Back to this one, platforms need to be moved inside the stage instead of poking out to much and done. Add a few wips here and there and make the other colors, improve textures, yada yada. Massive thanks to Shun_One for the layout ideas.

I plan to make it bigger.

Edit:

This is bigger.
http://i.imgur.com/wPGRbFB.png

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Um... so I was using the Game Land stage... and for some reason, even though the BRSTM I was using didn't do this, the music suddenly changed to a sped up version of the Mario theme, and then to a sped up version of Big Blue, before finally going back to the music I was trying to use...

Was that intentional? Because if it was, I'd like to turn that off.

And if it wasn't, then... help?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Um... so I was using the Game Land stage... and for some reason, even though the BRSTM I was using didn't do this, the music suddenly changed to a sped up version of the Mario theme, and then to a sped up version of Big Blue, before finally going back to the music I was trying to use...

Was that intentional? Because if it was, I'd like to turn that off.

And if it wasn't, then... help?
Its not intentional.
I seen this happening, but its not related to any mod, its related to how the BRSTM was applied.

Prepare yourself with a game of twenty questions:
1.HOW did you applied the BRSTM... via replacing?
2. or did you delete the original code and then placed your's? It matters a ton.
3. Did you tried re-encoding the BRSTM if you made it?
4. Did you tired other BRSTM's?
5. Do they corrupt?
6. Is your SD okay in general?

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Its not intentional.
I seen this happening, but its not related to any mod, its related to how the BRSTM was applied.

Prepare yourself with a game of twenty questions:
1.HOW did you applied the BRSTM... via replacing?
2. or did you delete the original code and then placed your's? It matters a ton.
3. Did you tried re-encoding the BRSTM if you made it?
4. Did you tired other BRSTM's?
5. Do they corrupt?
6. Is your SD okay in general?
1. I downloaded a BRSTM from Brawlcustommusic.com, renamed it to match the song I wanted to replace, and put it in the "projectm/pf/sound/strm" folder.
2. (See above.)
3. I didn't make the BRSTM.
4. Not yet.
5. No corruption that I could tell.
6. My SD card is fine.

wat do

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I downloaded a BRSTM from Brawlcustommusic.com, renamed it to match the song I wanted to replace, and put it in the "projectm/pf/sound/strm" folder.
Does that mean that you just put it there, it did not asked you to replace anything? If so thats good.

Try testing that BRSTM on another stage, if its gets corrupt, the BRSTM is corrupted and might need to get another.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Does that mean that you just put it there, it did not asked you to replace anything? If so thats good.

Try testing that BRSTM on another stage, if its gets corrupt, the BRSTM is corrupted and might need to get another.
I did have to replace the song that was already there. Is that bad?

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Well, that fixed it. I'm shocked that that was all I needed to do to fix it, but that fixed it.

However, playing now, I'm noticing that there is a bit of a problem with the background of the stage. It doesn't seem to load in properly, and leaves most of the background behind the floating blocks looking like a black void. Do you know how to fix this?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Well, that fixed it. I'm shocked that that was all I needed to do to fix it, but that fixed it.

However, playing now, I'm noticing that there is a bit of a problem with the background of the stage. It doesn't seem to load in properly, and leaves most of the background behind the floating blocks looking like a black void. Do you know how to fix this?
There is no problem with this stage, none at all. I did extensive tests, with different scenarios.

You're at the pause menu looking at the void I presume, you rotated the camera alot correct? The background is not a sphere, is a half one and you can't see the void if your playing normaly.You used PM camera to rotate where you would not normally see while playing, this is only seen in camera and it returns to normal if you relocate it back or unpause.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
There is no problem with this stage, none at all. I did extensive tests, with different scenarios.

You're at the pause menu looking at the void I presume, you rotated the camera alot correct? The background is not a sphere, is a half one and you can't see the void if your playing normaly.You used PM camera to rotate where you would not normally see while playing, this is only seen in camera and it returns to normal if you relocate it back or unpause.
False. While unpaused, the void was still showing. It showed up the second I started the match, it persisted while the match was ongoing, and only worsened when the match was paused.

See for yourself:

(please excuse the potato, the only camera I have is the built in laptop webcam. I brought the laptop up close so you can see a bit better)

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
what the...... WHAT?

Well, Im shocked O.O

Sorry about that, I'll see if I can fix it quick...

I did test it on dolphin only since I don't have a wii anymore, I'll quickly check the situation. Thanks.

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Scout, if in the future you need someone to test your stages on an actual Wii I'll help out.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
False. While unpaused, the void was still showing. It showed up the second I started the match, it persisted while the match was ongoing, and only worsened when the match was paused.
Just goes to show that a small number means big difference on the wii. I pay attention to that from now on, emulation loadsand fixed glitches as it goes... the wii doesn't.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207173

Glitch fixed at light speed. Thanks a ton, and sorry for my doubts... Im exhausted now that I ended my colledge semester.

Scout, if in the future you need someone to test your stages on an actual Wii I'll help out.
I need this, thanks... I'll message you when I need a voluntary playtester soon.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Glitch fixed at light speed. Thanks a ton, and sorry for my doubts... Im exhausted now that I ended my colledge semester.
No worries, man. I know that feel. Just tested and the void is gone, thank you for fixing!

Goku1233

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brolyx1233
Just a reminder, the void glitch is also on the FD 3.5 Project M. You might wanna check that out as well.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
All aboard the hype train.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207245

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mq7zw96jzhr85bm/BRSTM-_ToyTimePack.rar

Ryo helped me with that pretty background texture, IWG helped me with the train bone (BTW, the train is animated) and Peardian ripped the model.

Without them, this would be a train wreck.

Have fun! I got this wii tested. Leave feedback as usual.

Next on the list:

Mario Stages aren't the only alien/out of their worlds stages I'm working on. Still WIP, Planet Wisp. Here we have a unique twist to it:
This stage transforms into a FD clone after 4 minutes had passed, then restores to its original position after 4 more minutes.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I always feel so special when I find someone else who uses 3DS Max.

Ryo helped me with that pretty background texture, IWG helped me with the train bone (BTW, the train is animated) and Peardian ripped the model.

Next on the list:

Mario Stages aren't the only alien/out of their worlds stages I'm working on. Still WIP, Planet Wisp. Here we have a unique twist to it:
This stage transforms into a FD clone after 4 minutes had passed, then restores to its original position after 4 more minutes.
Train puns.

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice

Next on the list:

R.I.P to another stage slot. Can't wait to try this out later.

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
So as I was playing the stage, I couldn't help but notice the left and middle platform have a dull orange color to them while the right platform has a wooden texture to it. Are they supposed to be like that?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
So as I was playing the stage, I couldn't help but notice the left and middle platform have a dull orange color to them while the right platform has a wooden texture to it. Are they supposed to be like that?
Nope. But this is a glitch I decided to pass for now. To be honest, this stage was a pain to make... so many things went wrong... but its rewarding to finally release it.

I'm waiting for more feedbacks so I can pile them up and fix it in one single update. Unlike I did for Gameland (I updated it thrice).

Im accepting stage boundaries suggestions as well.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Well dang, lol. Wasn't expecting it to get patched this soon.
GONNA GO FAS!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207276

This stage transforms into an FD clone after 2:30 minutes had passed, then returns to normal 2:30 minutes later. Balance for both types of playstyles. Goes over 75m... but m sources tell me that it works over stages such as green hill and FD, but I don't wanna test it, as I know the extra animations might glitch.

So, what stage am I doing now? Well its gonna be wet, thats all Im saying.

Last edited:

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
GONNA GO FAS!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207276

This stage transforms into an FD clone after 2:30 minutes had passed, then returns to normal 2:30 minutes later. Balance for both types of playstyles. Goes over 75m... but m sources tell me that it works over stages such as green hill and FD, but I don't wanna test it, as I know the extra animations might glitch.

So, what stage am I doing now? Well its gonna be wet, thats all Im saying.
Another one already?! Bout to try this out soon.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Didn't you say a while back that you were going to redo Abandoned Factory? Please do that. I loved the original stage!
You know what? I should, shouldn't I?

Man, I made alot of promises back then... and I just remembered that I had a seven blades series to complete. Well, maybe I'll take a break from importing and focus in remaking the past stages with the new stuff I learned. Its not really that hard to do, so it is a nice vacation. 3 of them is a nice start...

For those who do not know, Seven Blades was a castlevania reskin I made, I was supposed to make 7 of them. But since I learned how to work with most stages... I'll be a reskin of other stages BESIDES castlevania, and maybe include some from SSE stages.

I just don't have the hype level to upgrade all of my past stages to 3.5 : /

Cahalan

Smash Ace

Next on the list:

There's more than meets the eye with the planet wisp image in this post...

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Didn't you say a while back that you were going to redo Abandoned Factory? Please do that. I loved the original stage!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207283

I loved the simplicity of this stage, so there was no need to ruin the atmosphere with more fancy stuff... I did however did technical improvements.

Changelog:
-Core no longer flickers, and the animation is slower since I received suggestions that the fast core was distracting, I made the core bigger.
-Factory background is now bigger.
-Fixed transparency on the main stage glitch.
-Fixed that black square that was found on the right side of the stage.
-Added light source.
-Updated the camera.
-Updated Portraits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been told that planet wisp might lag the player, can anyone verify this for me?

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Hey scout, you mentioned updating stages to 3.5, what general changes were made to stages in 3.5?
Some are as simple as camera, collisions.
Others are complicated as models and placements.

I don't wish to focus in retexturig PM's stages much anymore. Just gonna do the few that were requested long ago.

jxy

Smash Cadet
Some are as simple as camera, collisions.
Others are complicated as models and placements.

I don't wish to focus in retexturig PM's stages much anymore. Just gonna do the few that were requested long ago.
Oh yah, I was just asking for my own info! Thanks.

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
I've been told that planet wisp might lag the player, can anyone verify this for me?
Can confirm, that's a lot of lag I'm getting (It's actually worse than the original Bowervania), and maybe I just screwed up adding it but the collision off to, I like 2 feet under the big platform and can't land on the others, tested with Smash 3 Mario and Fox.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Can confirm, that's a lot of lag I'm getting (It's actually worse than the original Bowervania), and maybe I just screwed up adding it but the collision off to, I like 2 feet under the big platform and can't land on the others, tested with Smash 3 Mario and Fox.
Very well, I reported my own entry, I'll see what I can do.

Top Bottom