• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MannCo: Cookie Country v3

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Actually, smashville changes depending on the time of your wii's clock, each day is a separate .pac file.

There are a total of 4 smashville .pacs...

So the answer is, yes, its possible. However, I have a bunch of promised requests to do before so.... once done, I'll experiment with that suggestion.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
ooo ok my b
confused the pacs for something else
which one is the night one btw? imma make that replace all the other pacs

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I think it's the last one? STGVILLAGE_04

Worst case, just copy that and rename it to _01, _02, etc and move the old ones to another folder. If you picked the wrong .pac to copy, you can just revert by deleting the bad copies and re-moving the originals.

Also, this Bowser's Castle looks sick, Scout. Gonna try it out.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Just tried it out finally. It's really nice, but it has two issues:

- It lags really badly
- The flag animations are distractingly fast and in-sync.

Fix those, and this will become my absolute favorite stage mod.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Just tried it out finally. It's really nice, but it has two issues:

- It lags really badly
- The flag animations are distractingly fast and in-sync.

Fix those, and this will become my absolute favorite stage mod.
Good news and bad news...

Good News, Flags are not distracting anymore, the lag was greatly reduced.
Bad news, I removed the flags.

The flags gave the stage 2. MB extra of load, not counting the extra animation it took for each of them.

Before: 5.21 MB
Now: 2.39 MB

https://www.dropbox.com/s/daqbmcbw2ohksnf/STGMANSION.pac

This is the BETA of the stage, I would like to ask if you or any kind player test it for lags. I'll greatly appreciate it.

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
I'll do it, tell you in a bit how it goes.

Edit: Just tried it. With 2-3 players there is some frame skipping and a little lag, but it's still playable just fine. With 4 players it does cause a bit more frame skipping and lag, but still manageable. I used the Smash 3 versions of Mario, Bowser, Luigi, and Peach to test this. Stage looks amazing and it's definitely going into my build.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Hey Scout,

Recently some friends and I were using ASL to add Falling Destination as a Final Destination Load, and we ended up desyncing.

It obviously isn't the biggest deal, but we concluded that Falling Destination is made over 2.5 FD, rather than 3.0 FD which was resized slightly. I just thought maybe you'd like to know. It can still be used through ASL by using 2.5 FD as a base.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Hey Scout,

Recently some friends and I were using ASL to add Falling Destination as a Final Destination Load, and we ended up desyncing.

It obviously isn't the biggest deal, but we concluded that Falling Destination is made over 2.5 FD, rather than 3.0 FD which was resized slightly. I just thought maybe you'd like to know. It can still be used through ASL by using 2.5 FD as a base.
Huh, odd, I've been told by the creator that the stage was only changed cosmetically...

Ok, tell you what, I'll remake the stage and send it to you through PM so you can test it again.

Last edited:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
okay, I love love LOVE the bowservania stage... but the lag is tremendous. like huge.

is there any way you can do an optimized version? I think it's the flags that are causing it.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
it's likely all the flowing lava. I mean it looks fantastic but wow that lag.

there's probably a way to have a similar effect... maybe something similar to norfair?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I thought the fire emblem was a great choice for this. huehue....
It cause the least load. And I left the flag as is... it was a pain to edit.

I included two versions:

BowserLagnia (cinematic, bit of lag.... or alot of lag... ok... a TON of lag. I'll leave it for some intrepid modder who wishes in partaking the tast of unlagging this beast)

BowserVania (Less dramatic, but it has absolutely NO lag)

Go check it out:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205412

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
As you can see, I let this thread die. Well, I have plenty planned things for the future... but for now, college is first.

I promise to update every stage when the new PM comes out, included some stages that were never available in this list in the first place, and an import of KH is in my list as well, I have the stage and textures prepared, but time and resources to finish it is very limited.

I keep count on all requests sent, so keep sending me those as once I get the chance, I shall work on them.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Some of you may remember this old stage of mine I made back at 2013:

It was made long ago for PM2.0!

Now I decided to tweak, clean, fix and update it for 3.2!

Metal Gear Rex is back there, cuz why not?
Its wifi safe for the latest Project M 3.2, Its has far more animations and its made for fast paced music. The ROBs and Gear Rex has idle animations, the walls have some pulsating like simulating electric flow, and even the conveyor belts are moving.

^That annoying floor mismatch on the left is fixed.

Fun note, this stage does rain! so how can it rain when you're inside a building? Simple, I made a hole.

Sunlight slips through, giving the illusion there is a big hole above.

Its not quite ready yet since I can add many more things, just looking for feedback.

Two versions will be available for this:
An exact replica of the old version adapted for PM3.2 and fixed floor.
And the one that I'll add many things to.

For reference, this was the past version:

Last edited:

JiFoJoka

Smash Cadet
Good to hear that the Factory's back! And even better that there's an original version (because the Pikmin stage is too great to be replaced)!

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Yup! Toy Time Galaxy!

In the galaxy game:

My current importing progress:

Still working on a few kinks, need to mention that Peardian exported these on the model resource website, I always wanted to put these models together for a stage ever since I joined KCMM.

The textures are not final even though they are freshly exported, since I have to edit them to fit Brawl faded unsaturated colors style.

Also, this:

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

Almost done.

The train is animated, it follows along the track.
The floating gears and the wind-up keys are gonna be animated as well.
Texture phase started, notice how unsaturated the main platform is, it fits brawl dry models. The rest will follow.
No texture glitches, but due to how the background works, I have to size the background smaller or else it goes into a black abyss with the pause menu's camera movement.

Due to animation issues, the train track only has one train, while the galaxy game has 2.

No lag is found, and I can still do plenty more to the stage.

What is left:
Textures edits.
Another cake planet .
The stage's iconic train soaring gracefully through the background.
The Galaxy's power star that is found atop of BowserMechs head.
Resize the background.
Animate Gears.
Starbits, maybe.
Shadows.

A PM version is on the works, were both walls have triangle beneath the edge making players slide upwards to the ledge rather than getting stuck under the wood.

Should I make a platformed version?

Last edited:

Antonio Garcia

Smash Cadet

Almost done.

Texture phase started, notice how unsaturated the main platform is, it fits brawl dry models. The rest will follow.
No texture glitches, but due to how the background works, I have to size the background smaller or else it goes into a black abyss with the pause menu's camera movement.

Due to animation issues, the train track only has one train, while the galaxy game has 2.

What is left:
Textures edits.
Another cake planet .
Resize the background.
Animate Gears.
Starbits, maybe.
Shadows.

A PM version is on the works, were both walls have triangle beneath the edge making players slide upwards to the ledge rather than getting stuck under the wood.

It's more competitive without platforms, i personally think it's fine without them.

JiFoJoka

Smash Cadet
Well Final Destination is the flat stage for competitive. Doesn't hurt making a platform version as well.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect

Almost done.

What is left:
Textures edits.
Another cake planet .
Resize the background.
Animate Gears.
Starbits, maybe.
Shadows.

Please do! It's so beautiful it would be a shame to make it just an FD clone. Maybe with some moving platforms? Sometimes it's flat, sometimes there's platforms? Just a thought.

Last edited:

JiFoJoka

Smash Cadet
Looking at the toy levels in Galaxy, you could add interesting gimmicks in the stage.
  • Moving walkways / travellators
  • Disappearing green panels (from the giant retro Mario level)
  • Rotating yellow panels (from the giant retro Mario level)

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Looking at the toy levels in Galaxy, you could add interesting gimmicks in the stage.
There are no bad ideas.
But I had something like this as a idea.

I have a limit of 2000 frames.

My plans are:
Phase one, start:

Phase two, rotation left

Phase three, right rotation:

I wanted a simple platform idea, and yet I wanted it not generic, it does help thinking new styles for recoveries and stuff.
I took inspiration from Yoshi's Island brawl and Yoshi Story melee.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
These ideas are spetacular, however I prefer not to incorporate gimmicks yet. Aside from the odd recover platforms idea, pretty randomly thought up. I am still learning as I go...

Side note:
This stage is becoming my first full import I've ever made. Before I only used models from other stages that were incorporated already to brawl. I decided to get out of my confort zone and to make the imports myself.

And it is pretty fun to do actually! And is not as difficult as I tought, its like a jiggsaw puzzle and I wanna do more!

So yeah, gimmicks.
I do have gimmicks planed for another stage in my list. I have 2 other galaxy stages to make... then I'll have 3.

It's more competitive without platforms, i personally think it's fine without them.
No worries I'll make an FD version of it as well.

"No items. ROB only. Toy Galaxy."

Last edited:

JiFoJoka

Smash Cadet
You quoted my suggestions twice. :054:

There's barely any competitive Galaxy stages, so I can't wait to see how this will turn out!

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I got a album of pictures of the PM version:
http://imgur.com/a/ES6NL#0

Sadly, I ran out of animation space, so I could not animate the platform unless I sacrificed some aesthetics, also adding more will risk this stage to become laggy.

I don't want that to happen. Or this all can be because I'm still learning and I did something wrong, but hey, I learned alot.

So here's the data:

4 stages:
PM/+ = Platformed & Platformless
Brawl/- =Platformed & Platformless

Works over: Luigi's Mansion

BRSTM: Undecided

Brawl/- Version: Brawl version will have a toy gimmick where players can hide behind toys to do some crazy things, by using the PM stage as base I will add more models, and remove others when it would be necessary in order to save space.

The stage is for the LOLs, I would like to make a fun casual stage for the first time.

PM/+ version: Easier Recovery.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

Something else I was working on, I was practicing on gimmicks and platform movement... at one time/frame, anyone on the platforms will instantly die! The platforms move very slowly and they are plenty moving from right to left. I am planning on either make a sign appear or eggman appear when the platform gimmick activate each minute.

I need to add some references here and there.

I have to fix some light problems, there is always an issue.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Candy comes in many flavors, but flavors comes in many colors.

Here it is:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207149

Since the sonic colors import Im working on used FD as base, I took the liberty to release FD vesrion with half the imports done, since what comes next is to change the main stage. Yes the sky was directly ripped from sonic colors by peardian fromthe resource website and imported to brawl by me.

Check the album displaying all colors here:

Scout is best class.

Whats your favorite color? Cuz I can't choose one.

Edit, here are the 4 BRSTM's that is included in the stage:

Last edited:

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Scout you double posted. Otherwise stage looks nice, might try it at some point.

Top Bottom