• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mango is going to fight M2k March 7th! feat. PC! Chu? Azen? KDJ? Cort?

anthrax_088

Smash Rookie
I played Mango once. We were prisoners making an escape in Siberia. Yes those were rough times. After 5 days of traversing with little to no food, we ate our huskies. The Siberian winter began to play with my state of mind. After two more days went by, we began to stare each other down: it was eat or be eaten...

Mango laughed and then 4 stocked me

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
KDJ might be going people, its gna be epic. And Chu posted that if KDJ goes he'll show up and bring Azen with him and possibly Chillindude. Thats old school MLG Circuit right there lol.

Scar

#HarveyDent
**** some of you guys in here seem like you have a vendetta to settle

ill see u all @ genesis anyone want to take my money??

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
hahaha, scar sounds so stupid with that west coast DI crap, i guess he hasn't seen his mediocre combo video
Lol, where he actually READS what people are doing?

this thread doesn't need pessimists!
This kid should come. I know he can't, but he should.

Have fun while over here, Mango =p. It's gonna be epic.

Also...we don't know if Mango is the better player, so =p. M2K could very well beat him this time. Oh...and also....PC is back. There's is THAT little factor. This is gonna be epic. I know I said it already, but it's worth saying again, xD.

Scar

#HarveyDent
shroomed yeah let's do it bro, lol 50 bucks or however much it was that p lost to you for hahaha

anyways i didnt even want to talk about it but now that it's on this page

no, EC players do not DI every single move completely perfectly. i know that me making fun of west coast DI MUST imply that each and every one of even our lower level players MUST be infallibly DIing every single hit, but that's not what i meant when i said WC DI is terrible, awful DI.

now when players DI really well, generally it means people don't combo.

in a combo video there have to be combos, and the majority of the combos in my combo vid have players DIing into second and third and fourth hits that really shouldn't hit them if they were perfect, which they aren't. there are 2 combos, both chaingrabs that absolutely shouldn't work, that are in there to highlight how bad these players' DI is and how bad they got ***** on account of it. slow mo ftilt > taunt btw in case you saw the original version which is available for download and streams in the IKM2 thread.

then there are combos vs cactuar, all of which are vs good DI and so IMO those are the most impressive in the video

now the part i dont get is how WC trashtalk is
a) so personal and offensive
b) blatantly false
c) not at all fun

not that i get offended by it, i can ignore it b/c i think the people that are really harsh are just bitter as hell, but like im not sure why you would be that way

like when i trashtalk you guys all i say is that im gonna **** u in smash at genesis, which i honestly have no clue if i'm even going to do, and then i say something later like how i'm excited to play you guys etc etc, it's all for fun and it's all about the game

then celph goes and says well ikm2 is mediocre which is a ridiculous claim seeing as how i have a few thousand people in the past 4 days who have told me that it is really good, let's not even talk about the people who claim it's even better than that.

i mean honestly if you want to make fun of me just remind me of how i lost to aarosmashguy and got 17th at a national tourney, i got outplaced by a ton of ppl who are not that good. do something like that, so at least it's true and kind of funny.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I can agree with Scar on quite a few points. West Coast DI, for the most part is like...huh? Pink Shinobi, I'll say, is quite the exception. I'm actually one of those "lower level" people with DI, xD. It sucks...-_- I wish my skill was half as good as my DI, xD. (Yoshi's Story, Fox Usmashes Peach at 90%...and Peach goes NOWEHRE. Mass European DI, xD)

Still in all, let's get back to something else he said. I don't mind trash talk, so long as it's funny. I trash talk with a couple people on a regular basis. It's all just fun, and we know it. No need to be harsh about it or anything. We're all looking forward to playing each other.

On a side note IKM2 was amazing. As was One Week, xD. (It made me LOL hard.)

Mango, I'm going to **** you in some random low tier match. (One can hope, right? xD.)

pockyD

Smash Legend
socal "trash talk" is full of hate

norcal trash talk is full of tenderness

and yeah, you can't judge DI from combo videos. without bad DI, there is no interesting combo video

Celph

Smash Journeyman
hahaha, so you saying you'll **** us at genesis is just "for fun," but me saying your combo video sucks isn't?

seems more like a matter of perspective. i could say the same thing from my perspective and i'd be just as "right."

mufasa 1 was good. the second one was trash. sorry to hurt your feelings. actually i'm not.

you hyped it up SOOOOOOOO much and it was so whatever.

anyway, only idiots judge DI off of a ridiculously small sample size. uhh, who on east coast had good DI again? dj nintendo. that's about it.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah shroomed I'm a really nice kid and the only ppl who don't like me are the ones rubbed the wrong way by my confidence, but even those people usually come to respect my skill as a smasher after they play me.

Celph you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. DJ's DI is godly but it's emphasized by his character choice, mario and bowser. There are sooo many other EC players with unfair DI, too many to list.

And Im sure there are a lot of WC players with good DI but they **** sure don't show it in every SS vid.

And no your personal opinion on ikm2 didn't upset me but I think you might have been a little biased anyways.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Hahah mango i was laughing at pat

cause i didn't expect him to say something like that

like P said, the only way you could lose is if you're not trying (i dont see why you wouldn't but yeah). cause you trying and losing is like 2 + 2 = 32452. **** does not compute

**** some of you guys in here seem like you have a vendetta to settle

ill see u all @ genesis anyone want to take my money??
yes lets MM. don't forget me ^_~

Celph

Smash Journeyman
Celph you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. DJ's DI is godly but it's emphasized by his character choice, mario and bowser. There are sooo many other EC players with unfair DI, too many to list.

And Im sure there are a lot of WC players with good DI but they **** sure don't show it in every SS vid.
that's exactly my point you short-sighted buffoon. see if you can figure it out.

festizzio

Smash Champion
i killed mufasa 2 was amazing, especially that part with the ledge cancelled knee to dair, i mean WTF

but i didn't see any of the hype really, one day i was looking on gamefaqs and they're like "i killed mufasa 2 is out" so i'm like ok, i'll watch it

it was good

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I say we just settle this DI situation at Genesis. Mango represents the West Coast no more than M2K represents the East Coast. (Individually, I mean) There are plenty of people, like Scar said, I can think of off hand with amazingly ******** DI. (I include some West Coast people, too) So what if Mango has good DI? Does that mean EVERYONE has it? Nope.

Also...trash talk DOES have a point when it's just ******** and not fun anymore. You can say you're going to **** someone in Melee. Okay, that's fine. I'm sure people have said it, even though they know they're gonna lose. Who cares? Scar doesn't care if you say you're gonna **** him. No more than I would. However when you start to insult something that people have deemed great already...that's bitterness. It also shows desperation of lack of arguments. It's like when a person has nothing to argue so they insult someone's grammar. Childish, to be quite honest.

Oh crap, he made a good point...what should I do?

"Yes, you do have a point...but you have bad teeth."
"Yes, you're right, but (insert name here) is gonna **** you, anyway."
"Yes, but I'm going to **** you anyway...so what does it matter?"
"*quotes grammatical error* You're coming at me when you can't even spell? (add insult like "get *****" or something)"
"Yes, you do have a point, but how do you explain this? (show a video that shows something to refute said argument) This should be good."

Out of those 5, the last option is probably the best. Probably make good for a bit of fun to be had. Trash talking could be resumed and not get into something that is utterly pointless. Or something that's just harsh and rude. That or you just have someone grasping at straws because they're wrong. Worst part is when that person can't come up with anything good. Even then....just resort to option 3. That's at least funny.

Scar

#HarveyDent
that's exactly my point you short-sighted buffoon. see if you can figure it out.
Right so to an extent you're correct because I exaggerated but the point still stands, EC DI >> WC DI. All of our even semi good players DI better than all of my exposure to WC vids.

Anyways see how you're extremely hostile for like no apparent reason? All I have to say is you better not ***** out at genesis because you're gonna have paid me 15 bucks before I leave, that's a guarantee.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
how about we argue over who is better skill wise or just who is better? rather than...DI

10$ money DI match anyone?

/sarcasm rant

Scar

#HarveyDent
Nice I have to update my sig that's 3 more.. What about that araknaphobic guy does he want to play melee or what

Shroomed how much bro? 5 is prob best. Mango you suck ok gonna **** ur **** MARCH 7!!!

mio

Smash Ace
Even though Pac West is top tier in terms of Smash, it's bottom tier in terms of trash talk.

A lot of the frequent trash talkers in Pac West are too stupid to think of a good, logical argument so they replace it with personal attacks. They never trash talk lightly, they interpret every opposing post to be a threat or outrage, and therefore they get incredibly defensive towards anyone who questions, undermines or contradicts them.

Mango's good at it though because he doesn't take any of it seriously.

pockyD

Smash Legend
aftermath proposes a 'how many consecutive hits can you get on my samus with falcon' competition

he claims that you can't get 3 on him ;)

Top Bottom