• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mang0+Alex19+LuCKy= **** x2 ONE OF THE BEST COMBO VIDEOS EVER

Animal

Smash Lord
ummm question am i suppose 2 edgeguard with a reverse ftilt? i never seen that before in my life haha. oh and rapee.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
That was decent. Entertaining at the least however. Only problem I have is that Happy Hardcore is so repetitive and sounds way too much alike to even be bearable to listen to most times. Also, why show the same thing being done like 10 times in a row? Just to extend the video and make it longer? Why not just replace the 20 clips you have of doing shine -> WD off stage -> bair with other cool things?

Either way, it was entertaining at least, but as Jona says, still not as good as a Falcon combo vid.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
idk i just thought the most impressive thing in the video besides the marth combo on dl was the shine wd bair

and it was easy to do

sooo ya
i dont think anyone said it was hard cause its not, but have you seen anyone do it before us? just throwing new stuff out there there really was no need for you to make a video to say it was easy LOL

j00t

Smash Champion
yea i am but thats not the point

dont get me wrong i watched it again and it's all really impressive

but nothing leave's you holding your breath like an amazing falcon combo video

there was nothing in this video that i was like oh snap except for the few clips of falcon and this one marth clip lol

not taking anything away from you or the video

but one of the best combo videos? idk maybe like top 10
God you're dumb LOL

this is the best combo video I've ever seen

9001/10

EDIT: Based on posting styles I believe that Mango = Lucky = Alex_19. They are all the same person... obviously.

Big_R

Smash Champion
lol u didnt face mathos u fought someone who took his spot. mw pulled mad shenanigans at pound. mathos DID come but he only played some teams the next day

also mm me i will murder u.

in smash

the real mathos will indeed wreck u i do know this.

also this vid is good and mango is now in hiding wuts up with that?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
mango isn't in hiding he's just tired after pound where he *****.

raperaperaperaperape

don't listen to jona he thinks he got over his dumb posts phase a while ago.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i dont think anyone said it was hard cause its not, but have you seen anyone do it before us? just throwing new stuff out there there really was no need for you to make a video to say it was easy LOL
calm down silent wolf

i just decided it to try it a few times and i was like

wtf

i thought fox was hard

i play falcon and i can do what MACH ALEX 19 DOES????

my life is a lie

ive known about it for a while, just sayin >.>
nice vid guys

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
ive known about it for a while, just sayin >.>
nice vid guys
im sure you guys did do this stuff . you guys like inspired me to do cool stuff haha

and jona guy yea i forgot what you said something something i play falcon

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
jona stop being gay lol try landing it on mango or me then you can say you do what alex does :)
hahaha if you guys promise not to di ill do it to you both all dai

lol nah but it does take bad di

alex i know why your not as good as Mang0 or LuCKy

they both have atleast 2 capitals in their name (or a # pretending to be a capital)

you only have 1!!! change it to ALEX19 and youll be better then both of them i swear

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
appearently there's a new kid playing melee here in norwalk but we're just lazy on training him and starting from scratch lol

Yomi

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to comment on the gameplay, obviously it was innovative and way above my "paygrade" but I think the video editing left something to be desired. Effects like the slow down and "flash" can be great in moderation but interrupt flow and lose their specialness when you use them too much. Also, there was a lack of character flow and by that I mean I didn't know who to watch when a new clip started. That seems trivial but there is something to be said for making the video easy to watch. Its kind of hard to do that well with a multi-character combo video, but maybe you could have split it up. Resisting the urge to toot my own horn, the DBR videos have really good character flow. It takes thought and planning but the results are awesome. Last thing that has already been touched on is the text color. Red on black, really? As a communication designer I can tell you that this is the worst plausible choice. It really was painful to try to read at the end. Your skill level is always going to make your videoa popular and people will always watch them, but listening to smashers out there and making some adjustments to the video design is what will make them timeless.

sonofashrub

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to comment on the gameplay, obviously it was innovative and way above my "paygrade" but I think the video editing left something to be desired. Effects like the slow down and "flash" can be great in moderation but interrupt flow and lose their specialness when you use them too much. Also, there was a lack of character flow and by that I mean I didn't know who to watch when a new clip started. That seems trivial but there is something to be said for making the video easy to watch. Its kind of hard to do that well with a multi-character combo video, but maybe you could have split it up. Resisting the urge to toot my own horn, the DBR videos have really good character flow. It takes thought and planning but the results are awesome. Last thing that has already been touched on is the text color. Red on black, really? As a communication designer I can tell you that this is the worst plausible choice. It really was painful to try to read at the end. Your skill level is always going to make your videoa popular and people will always watch them, but listening to smashers out there and making some adjustments to the video design is what will make them timeless.
I disagree. The slowmos/flashes really emphasized the little jab or attack that was the key to the combo that you may have missed had they not put it in there. Combo videos are made for entertainment, and a lot of people watch them that don't understand the game at a pro level. (like me) Also, putting emphasis on a jab is BAD AS$. Though granted, it did dance a little next to the line of a little too much. But I feel that that's Mango's personality. I don't know very much about lucky or alex19 so I can't comment on them, but Mango's always seemed a little bit cocky and over the top, and this video is a good portrayal of that. It's almost...endearing. lulz

I also had no trouble reading red on black. The font was huge, and I'm not illiterate.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
m2k should come over to joey's we'll make some kind of video lol

Top Bottom