• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 8: -TOP 50 POSTED-

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
Hey again.

Just letting you know at the moment that I might not be able to participate in MYM9 until later on. Exams are coming up for me, and I'll have to pull all the stops to do well on them. So I'll have to go on another sabbatical.(Although not nearly as long as my last one circa MYM3. :p.) I might be able to start posting my sets around the 20th or so, so keep an eye out.

And if you're wondering about my planned entries, San and Professor Owl are in beta stage at the moment,(I literally only have 1 attack left for each of them, and the throws and the extras) and they're pretty much set to go up before the new year. Stay tuned.

Smady

Smash Master
I don't blame you for wanting one. They -are- pretty sexy.

If I wasn't pinching my foreskin tightly when I first saw mine, I'm afraid some semen might have leaked out.
Dude, that spoiler text grossed me out. :scared:

Is it wrong that I had the same problem?

Hey again.

Just letting you know at the moment that I might not be able to participate in MYM9 until later on. Exams are coming up for me, and I'll have to pull all the stops to do well on them. So I'll have to go on another sabbatical.(Although not nearly as long as my last one circa MYM3. :p.) I might be able to start posting my sets around the 20th or so, so keep an eye out.

And if you're wondering about my planned entries, San and Professor Owl are in beta stage at the moment,(I literally only have 1 attack left for each of them, and the throws and the extras) and they're pretty much set to go up before the new year. Stay tuned.
That's a shame; was looking forward to more entries from you, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait to see some more submissions. After all, it's rare to see someone return from MYM3 like this - your progress as a moveset maker is really fascinating, and I'm pegging you for some big improvements in Make Your Move 9. :bee:

"Dammit! I wanted to kick his ***! Thanks a lot!"

Well Etna, that's what happens when you get Death Sphere'd by Thanos. :awesome:

Funny stuff aside though I only did this though just to test the color of the pictures I have for when I get Thanos up and running by the beginning of MYM 9.
Get hype for Thanos!

Thrice

Smash Cadet
I like mine. I just wonder how long it'll take me to get banned. So yeah, I'll probably have Erufuun out day 1 or 2 of MYM9, so that'll be nice I guess.

Pizzamasta

Smash Rookie
I do must admit those avatars are quite cool, thanks JOE. And.. I might be able to have Gray Knight ready for the first days of MYM 9, depending on how hard I work... well we'll see. You guys look awesome I don't regret joining this community at all. :)

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
Made my own avi, since Smash Daddy's already guessed Team Chaotix. Currently working on them right now; it's pretty difficult to make a moveset of three characters without overpowering/underpowering them. And also making them to Smash Daddy's expectations. Maybe I'm being too amibitous for my first Moveset...

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Made my own avi, since Smash Daddy's already guessed Team Chaotix. Currently working on them right now; it's pretty difficult to make a moveset of three characters without overpowering/underpowering them. And also making them to Smash Daddy's expectations. Maybe I'm being too amibitous for my first Moveset...

The more ambitious you are, the better you'll be! And don't worry too much on balance, its one of the least important things in a set. Be creative and have fun! Just make sure theyre not an unbeatable god of a character.

And this avi is officially the coolest thing ever, along with my Sig. I almost creamed myself when I saw it. Mega Blastoise face is epic! Dont you just love how great some people are on SWF? Thanks JOE!

And this is great, too! Two new MYMers and the new contest hasnt even started yet! Best of luck to Pizza(cool nickname) and i8Pie(equally cool full name)!

Over on my side, Ive got Bowsers Minions almost done. Standards, playstyle summary, my first attempts at matchups, and a few authors notes about the set and I can start Cat in the Hat and my Trainer set!

I hope you guys dont mind, but I'd like to use the following characters in my matchup section:

Kamek
Dark Bowser
Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario
Latiku

MYM9 is almost here! GET HYPE!

cutter

Smash Champion
Don't sweat it too much. I consider myself a really ambitious person too, as many of the people here can attest that I pay a lot of close attention to technical details and hidden synergies that a lot of movesets don't always explore in close detail. Detail is always good, but you don't want to saturate your readers in something that is pointless unless said detail is adding relevancy to the moveset in some fashion. Bottom line -- have fun with this!

And holy hell... MYM 9 can't start any sooner. I have Thanos all lined up and ready to go. :D

Smady

Smash Master
I do must admit those avatars are quite cool, thanks JOE. And.. I might be able to have Gray Knight ready for the first days of MYM 9, depending on how hard I work... well we'll see. You guys look awesome I don't regret joining this community at all. :)
That's great; I hope you're able to get it ready for at least early Make Your Move 9, considering you're new to this and sets at the beginning of the contest generally get the very best feedback. I'm pretty interested to see how you approach making movesets.

thrice... are those... in your avi... are they... bewbs?
No, it's Cammy's butt cheeks. Yeah, don't ask. :c

Yes, it can be a complicated matter to try and balance a multiple-character moveset like the one you're attempting; however, the vigour to which you seem to be approaching this is definitely exciting, and as with Pizzamasta, I'm anxious to see what comes of an ambitious new MYMer. Ambition is never a bad thing in Make Your Move. ;)

The more ambitious you are, the better you'll be! And don't worry too much on balance, its one of the least important things in a set. Be creative and have fun! Just make sure theyre not an unbeatable god of a character.

And this avi is officially the coolest thing ever, along with my Sig. I almost creamed myself when I saw it. Mega Blastoise face is epic! Dont you just love how great some people are on SWF? Thanks JOE!

And this is great, too! Two new MYMers and the new contest hasnt even started yet! Best of luck to Pizza(cool nickname) and i8Pie(equally cool full name)!

Over on my side, Ive got Bowsers Minions almost done. Standards, playstyle summary, my first attempts at matchups, and a few authors notes about the set and I can start Cat in the Hat and my Trainer set!

I hope you guys dont mind, but I'd like to use the following characters in my matchup section:

Kamek
Dark Bowser
Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario
Latiku

MYM9 is almost here! GET HYPE!
You don't need to request to use other sets in match-ups, I'm sure those submitters are more than happy for you to use their work. It's mostly complimentary. Again, very excited to see what you have up your sleeves with this set, and indeed. Get hype! I hope all you guys can get these sets out for early Make Your Move 9, then it's guaranteed to be a darn good start. :bee:

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
So, do we know when MYM9 will be posted?

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Oh, thats fine :) Better, actually. It gives me a bit more time...

Smady

Smash Master
I am also across the pond, but Junahu is above the belt and past the bridge. He also likes gravy and supports terrible football teams.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Posting because OCD makes me want even page numbers when this thread (inevitably) gets locked

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Im almost ready. Maybe will post day 1, Definitly will post on Day 2

Junahu

Smash Ace
Random Mercurious moveset I edited into this post

Frederic Chopin
Frederic Francois Chopin was a Polish composer and pianist. While laying on his deathbed, at the age of 39, Chopin dreamed of a curious world themed around music, a perpetually cyclic world representing his own life. As he spent time in his imaginary world, and slipped closer to death, he began questioning whether the dream was really a dream at all...

Stats:
Offense:
¬¬¬¬¬¬

Defense:
¬¬¬

Projectile
:
¬¬

Weight
:
¬¬¬¬

Speed
:
¬¬¬¬¬

Recovery
:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Throwing Ability
:
¬¬¬

Final Smash
:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

//** Special Ability: "Composure"

As a composer, Frederic is very much in tune with the music that surrounds him. Thus, the stage's music will affect the strength of his attacks.
Every tune in the game has a designated time signature (i.e. a beat). Throw a regular attack (doesn't need to hit) in rhythm with the beat, and Frederic will earn 1 "Echo". Frederic's total number of echoes boost the damage dealt by his attacks, and they cap at 32 echoes

But, if Frederic starts attacking out of rhythm, on the offbeat, he will lose 1 echo. He will however, also gain 1 unit of Cross-Rhythm in return. Cross-Rhythm boosts the knockback dealt by the next attack performed by Frederic that IS in rhythm. The more units of cross-rhythm you have, the greater the boost on the next, "correctly performed" attack. Simply keep attacking out of rhythm to build up Cross-Rhythm. Be aware though, that any attack performed in rhythm, resets the amount of Cross-Rhythm you have to 0. So you need to be consistant at attacking on the offbeat.

Also be aware that you cannot build up any Cross-Rhythm, if you have no echoes left.

Confused?

1)Attack "on the beat", to build up Echoes. These increase the damage you deal (32 echoes = 2x damage)

2)Attack on the "offbeat" to exchange Echoes for Cross-Rhythm.
3)Attack on the beat again, after getting Cross-Rhythm, to exchange the Cross-Rhythm for extra knockback power on that attack (32 Cross-Rhythm = 3x knockback)

note// Frederic's current echo count is represented by the size/colour of the musical note displayed next to his name. A small Grey note means 0 echoes, While a large bright Green note indicates 32 echoes.

Special Moves

//** Standard Special: "Conduct" (1%)

"Frederic holds out his conductor's baton, and the music falls to a hush"

At first this Special seems to have no purpose other than to switch off the music while you hold B. If you begin moving the analogue stick however, Frederic will begin moving his baton in time with your movements. Tilt the stick in one direction, then another, and another, and then back to the first direction again. This is how you conduct the very music of the stage to your liking.

If you want a certain section of the music to be slower, simply conduct at a slower tempo. Likewise, conduct faster to increase the tempo of the current piece. The tempo of the music, affects the rhythm of the beat, and therefore, frederic's Special Ability too.

If you tap down on the analogue stick several times consecutively while conducting, the music will change to the next one available for the stage. If you hold up on the analogue stick for a second or two, the music will reset to the beginning of the song, and any previous changes caused by your conducting will be erased.

The baton itself can deliver very light hits as Frederic waves it about. He can also shield and roll whilst conducting.

note//If you're lucky enough to be using a Wiimote, you can just wave that around to conduct instead.

//** Upward Special: "Piu Grave" (2%, 3%, 7%)

"A simple one-two slap. Then Frederic makes an exaggerated upwards sweeping motion with his baton, summoning a sudden burst of energy to erupt from the ground in front of him. In mid-air the energy erupts underneath his feet to propel him upwards"

By holding B, you can delay the third hit by up to a full second, which is somewhat important. Piu Grave's vertical knockback, while nothing spectacular on its own, can be doubled, if the move ends on a "dramatic moment" in the music. Each song has certain moments of it marked as "dramatic". This is usually the first beat of every measure, though some songs have more obvious "dramatic" moments, and for certain songs, the "dramatic moments" might be the least active parts of the melody.
This is why you may need to delay the final hit, in order to get it to coincide with the right part of the music. Combined with a good amount of Cross-Rhythm, Piu Grave can KO at absurdly low percentages when performed correctly.

To learn where these preprogrammed dramatic moments are, simply let Frederic stand idle. He will nod whenever a "dramatic moment" in the music occurs.

You can also force your own "dramatic moments" into the music, by using Piu Grave at the same moment in the music, three times. The game will add in a volume spike to mark where you forced a dramatic moment.

note// No matter when you activate Piu Grave, the first two hits will always be offbeat, and the final hit will always be onbeat

//** Downward Special: "Phantom Pain" (12%, 12%, 12%, 12%, 12%)

"Frederic curls his hand through the air, summoning a deadly cloud of phosphors in front of his face"

This cloud, no bigger than Frederic himself, lingers for 3 seconds, dealing up to 5 hits in that timeframe. It would take a truly concerted effort from the foe, for them to bumble into all 5 hits, as each one leaves enough time for the foe to recover and shield. However, each hit of Phantom Pain also deals a lot of shield stun, meaning that once they shield, they won't be able to stop until the move ends.
Use this time to get your KO.

note// Since all five hits are at a consistent rhythm, you can use Phantom Pain to build up either a bunch of Echoes, or a good amount of Cross-Rhythm, depending on when you time it.

//** Forward Special: "Sacred Signature" (Heals between 3% and 10%)

"Frederic points to the ground ahead of him, and a glowing walkway constructed of musical staffs assembles itself under his feet as he runs."

This magical walkway can be made in midair to aid Frederic's recovery, or simply stop him from falling. For the limited time it is around, the walkway acts a lot like a fall-through platform. It disappears the moment the move ends (after 1.4 seconds), or Frederic jumps off the walkway. It's important to note that standing on this walkway only restores your first jump. You still need to return to the stage to restore use of your second jump, Upward-Special and Forward-Special.
Standing on the walkway also recovers health, at a rate of 7% per second.

note// If you have echoes, you can continue to stand on the walkway for 0.2 seconds per echo. However, doing so will consume echoes.

Final Smash:
"Applaudissament Sonique"

After attaining the Smash Ball, and using it, Frederic will seethe one of the following two quotes;
"There is noone else, I am the only one here!" or "This entire world is my dream, I will not let you destroy it"

He then performs an elaborate movement of his baton, summoning a torrent of rain to pelt the stage. This rain dramatically increases everyone's falling speed/tripping rate and reduces the general effectiveness of jumping for 8 seconds. Frederic is unaffected by this rain. In fact, he sprouts a pair of black wings for the duration of the Final Smash, giving him SEVEN additional midair jumps.

At random intervals in during the rain, claps of lightning will strike random parts of the stage, dealing 12% damage and severe hitstun to anyone unlucky enough to be nearby. To be entirely safe from the lightning, foes would have to jump off-stage, which is not recommended for obvious reasons (i.e. the rain).

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I'm pretty much done Dante, and going to work on Amaterasu soon. I don't expect everyone to like Dante as much as they did with Edgey, but hopefully people will enjoy it.

10AM (EST)
*Is going to be away at that time*

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

>_> <_<

Sooo....if you were curious enough to read this, go to page 70, and tell me what 2 of my potential plans for MYM9 are, but hey, it's not like anyone will randomly check this thread again, right?!

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
10 A.M. EST...That's like 9:00 Central, right?

@cutter: yeah, I have a moveset ready, and I'll be one of the ones trying to get a first-page spot when MYM9 opens. I'm also working on a second moveset, and I have a few ideas of characters I want to try after that.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I-think-Im central time...If im right it starts in T-minus 11 hours...9 of which I will sleep.

Sorry for this constant posting...I just get over hyper when Im excited :)

cutter

Smash Champion
10 A.M. EST...That's like 9:00 Central, right?

@cutter: yeah, I have a moveset ready, and I'll be one of the ones trying to get a first-page spot when MYM9 opens. I'm also working on a second moveset, and I have a few ideas of characters I want to try after that.
I'm likely to be up by around 7am PST or so when MYM 9 opens up, but I'll see how things unfold by then.

And yes, that's 9am CST.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Good night dear thread. It certainly was a wild and wacky ride. It was an honor to be OP of this MYM; never in my wildest dreams, and I've had some wild dreams, would I have imagined YEARS ago now that I, the person making a jokeset for L-Block, would be posting one of these threads myself.

While it may not have been the most active MYM ever, I'm still very, very glad I had the chance to have my own MYM posted under my name. It truly is an amazing honor. Thank you everyone who posted in this thread, to everyone who contributed comments and movesets. Thank you!

Here's to a strong MYM9 <3

-MarthTrinity

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
As a newcomer(and hopefully friend) to MYM, it certainly was a fun ride. I enjoyed every second of it. So, in honor of this MYM, i'd like to leave MYM8 with one final message:

CHRIS BENOITS DEATH WASNT FUNNY IT WAS SAD I CANT BELEIVE YOU SICKOS FIND HUMOR IN THAT I MEAN JESUS HE KILLED HIS WIFE AND SON THEN HIMSELF I FEEL DIRTY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT IT DISGUSTS ME YOU WEIRDOS

(HIPPO)

ieyasu tokugawa

Smash Rookie
Hideaki Kobayakawa!

Intro​
Hideaki Kobayakawa, the Gourmet general of the Western Army from Sengoku Basara, then Eastern Army has joined the Brawl. He can't think of anything to do for himself unless someone gives him an idea.

Stats
Height: About 4 to 5 ft.
Weight: Light
Walk Speed: Slow, he walks while hiding under his saucepan.
run speed: He runs like he's a cared child very fast.
Jump: He jumps some feet off the ground.
Fall Speed: Very quick because he struggles upon landing.
Traction: Normal

Special Attacks
B: Saucepan Boomerang
Hideaki takes his hands quickly behind his saucepan and then throws it in a panic-state like a boomerang at his opponents. The pan's speed is much faster than Link's boomerang except it can't carry items. If the saucepan makes it to the opponent's foot, it will give 7% of damage and also cause the target to clutch his/her foot in pain for 2 seconds. After flying enough feet or hitting the opponent, the saucepan goes quickly back to Hideaki who catches it.

B Side: Running Slaps
Hideaki runs forward like a scared boy while he waves his hands around like a mad man. He can repeatedly slap at his opponent if he makes contact for 12 hits, then knock them away. If you press B while Hideaki is running about, he will fake out with a bow saying "I'm sorry!" After he does the attack, he trips and falls then gets up afterwards confused on what he just did. Each of the hits do 1% of damage to the opponent.

B Up: Rolling Cooker
Kobayakawa quickly curls himself into a ball-like shape then bounces himself into the air like he;s doing Samus's Screw Attack. If an opponent who is jumping is too close above Hideaki, he will be knocked directly into the air due to the saucepan's hardness. Unlike the Screw Attack, this up special gives only one hit that leaves 8% of damage upon contact. After going high enough, Hideaki will fall greatly back to the ground.

B Down: Food Time
Hideaki automatically fills his saucepan with vegetables and sits down then starts to chow down on his fill. As he eats, you can see Hideaki's damage percentage going down. You can keep tapping B to keep Hideaki eating. After he has his fill, Hideaki will burp then get back up to fight. This heals him by 2% per scoop. There is one danger, this leaves Hideaki vulnerable to attack.

Regulars
Jab:
Hideaki first gives a little slap with his left hand doing 2% of damage, then starts to spin around while panicking doing 3% a hit for 3 hits then he falls on his back with saucepan attached doing 5% of damage. This may seem weak at first, but it can knock the opponent away when done right.

Forward:
Hideaki bows down like an idiot doing 3% on the first head lowering, then 4% sending the opponent away upon when he raises his head.

Up:
Hideaki raises both of his hands up into the air, also sending the opponent into the air when close enough. This does 6% upon contact.

Down:
Hideaki slides forward on his body hands first. When he reaches an opponent's foot, he trips the opponent up doing 4% of damage.

Smashes
:

Forward: Pan Spin
As you charge up, Hideaki has his saucepan at his right side ready to swing it. When ready, Hideaki spins around 2 times while swinging his pan. Each of those saucepan swings do 7% of damage and would knock the opponent away if Hideaki succeeds.

Up: Pot Knee
Hideaki jumps lightly into the air while bringing his right knee up doing 3%, then he kicks his left knee up doing 3%, and ends the smash while raising his left shin very quickly doing 3% of damage. If Hideaki is close enough to his opponent as he does this, he leaves 9% total on his opponent.

Down: Go Away!
Hideaki spins around with his arms out trying to keep away his opponents as he yells "I'm scared!" He hits his opponent 4 times in this doing 25 for each one. Any opponent should not be close enough to Hideaki when he does this.

Air Attacks
:
Regular:
Hideaki swings his saucepan downwards to scoop up his opponent and do 3% upon direct contact.

Forward:
Hideaki swings his saucepan to the right very quickly, whacking away anyone in rage by 6% of damage.

Up:
Hideaki looks down to the floor while kicking both of his legs into the sky. Anyone above Hideaki would be kicked into the air with 8% of damage.

Down:
Hideaki conceals himself into his saucepan and brings himself down like Link does his Down smash attack. When an opponent's head is underneath, Hideaki's pan will do 9% and also cause the opponent to be stunned for 3 seconds.

Grab Attacks:
Pummel:While Hideaki is holding the opponent's right hand, or front leg (if an animal), Hideaki will twist the arm very hard doing 2%. With each arm twist, he says "Sorry!"

Back Throw:
Hideaki ducks quickly down and grabs the opponent's legs then throws him/her behind him very quickly with 11% of damage.

Forward Throw:
Hideaki moves his left hand to his left side then swings it to the right, giving the opponent a big slap and a blow away with 9% of damage.

Up:
Hideaki throws the opponent upward like in a circus act. After 10% of damage is dealt, Hideaki will proclaim "It was an accident!"

Down:
Hideaki will go behind the opponent, grab him/her by the waist, then jump lightly off the ground and do a suplex, slamming the opponent on his/her head with 8% of damage.

final Smash: Cooking Time
With his Final Smash aura ready, Hideaki takes out to cooking spoons as his saucepan becomes big. He then says "Don't make me wanna hurt you!" He then jumps up and starts to cook like a wild chef over his pan. This sends out gigantic vegetables such as tomatoes, potatos, peas, etc. After about 30 vegetables are out, Hideaki dives into his saucepan and bursts out with 6 vegetables circling him. Hideaki then dies down the final smash saying "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it!"

Playstyle:
Unlike most smashers, Hideaki fights more clumsily in combat. He can also his scared state to attack his enemies. His Side B can fake out to leave his opponents open. When unlocking him, hideaki can be a somewhat challenge, due to his clumsiness and fast speed.

More stuff:
Up Taunt:Hideaki makes a funny face then gets terrified.
Side Taunt:Pats his saucepan then says "I wish I could be more like Tenkai."
Down Taunt:Hideaki takes out a carrot then chows it down.
Victory Pose 1:Hideaki sits down with a thought cloud above himself then says as things appear in the cloud "I hate horses, I hate guns, I hate bows & arrows, I love hot pots, I hate swords..."
Victory Pose 2:Hideaki has his 2 hands on his knees as he breathes sighs of relief then says "At least I became a genius."
Victory Pose 3:Hideaki yanws then says "I'm tired, now I need to go home."
Defeat Pose:Hideaki looks to his sides then runs away saying "I'm so scared!"
Costumes:
Hideaki in Red (Default, Red Team)
Hideaki in Blue (Blue Team)
Hideaki in Green (Green Team)
Hideaki in Turquoise
Hideaki in Violet
Hideaki in Gray
Hideaki in Pink

Top Bottom