• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Wait... what?

This is it... I already had some thoughts about it, but now I'll consider stopping to submit movesets. Seriously. So that means good movesets have to be done by MW, Kibble or KRool... and noone else is able to. Fine. I can accept that. Then MW, Kibble and Rool shall post their sets without some nuisance stinging into their line of success.

I will think heavily about this. But this comment really was capping it now. Dunno. I'm impartial on my future in this thread now, tbh... Well... it's 5:30 AM, so I'll go to bed now. Maybe I'll think different after some sleep.
:(

You know I'll miss your move sets, Spade, but if you would truly be happier if you stopped, I've got your back the whole way through.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Oops, messed up, sorry Spade and Warlord.

I'm thinking about making the Mystic Knights (Ozzie, Slash, and Flea) from Chrono Trigger, what do you guys think?

Smady

Smash Master
Wait... what?

This is it... I already had some thoughts about it, but now I'll consider stopping to submit movesets. Seriously. So that means good movesets have to be done by MW, Kibble or KRool... and noone else is able to. Fine. I can accept that. Then MW, Kibble and Rool shall post their sets without some nuisance stinging into their line of success.

I will think heavily about this. But this comment really was capping it now. Dunno. I'm impartial on my future in this thread now, tbh... Well... it's 5:30 AM, so I'll go to bed now. Maybe I'll think different after some sleep.
For one, it was a simple mistake and for two, I need to catch up on this thread from Lust onwards still! :dizzy:

It would suck to lose you, Fox.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Well, that kinda stinks, Spade. But if it makes you feel happier, why not?

Baloo

Smash Ace
I will report this if it isn't edited to be made longer. That post serves no purpose separate from taking space. Fix it NOW, or it will be reported.

EDIT: Reported. I told you to fix it.
Are you completely insane? That's hypocritical, first off.

Second, how would he have a chance to edit it? He hadn't logged back on yet. It contibuted to the discussion, a little right?

Anyways, announcing yet another Moveset:

Men's Room Sign!!!!!!!​

See my avatar for what it looks like.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I will report this if it isn't edited to be made longer. That post serves no purpose separate from taking space. Fix it NOW, or it will be reported.

If you really feel the need to report someone, you don't need to make a pointless post about it telling them to change it 30 minutes later.

On another note, I read Zasalamel, and he was pretty cool. Rather simple and short for one of your movesets, MasterWarlord, but still very effective. The Up Aerial is odd, but I guess it's very unique (and cool). Also, for Zas's Side Special, you don't exactly mention where the portal that produces the cog appears.

Lastly, concerning alternate colors...white skin? White Zasalamel? What?! ;)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I also haven't commented on good ol'e Zasalamel.

It's great! My favorite part of it is how you have some connect moves together like the Nair-DSmash and the Uair-Dair. That's the kind of thing I'm trying to work more on incorporating into my own move sets.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'll be looking forward to your reaction to him.:)

Well I won't give you any, so there. :p

Zasalamel (forgive me for probably getting that wrong) is a great set, and it's probably my most hyped set of yours, and I'm glad to say that it didn't disappoint one single bit. This is one of your greatest sets Warlord; it is consistent, has great layout, and has interesting extras, which is good.

Now, for the actual moveset- you implemented his Scythe really well with this moveset, and you seem to have kept him close to his source material which is great, and helps make the character more familiar. My favourite attack in the set has to be the down smash, when I first started reading it I thought it was more suited to be a special, but as I kept reading I realised how well implemented it actually was.

The set was both fun and easy to read, so well done. :bee:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Glad I missed those debates :)

@Zasamel: Your best yet thus far, I like how you worked the scythe! You said you went all out with this one - it doesn't disappoint.

You see, when I see good sets, I'll try and make my sets as best as possible everytime. I'm a stickler for making mechanics, albeit complicated mechanics, but when I make a mechanic, I revolve the set around the mechanic/playstyle, making the moves for it, and making the set have a distinctive playstyle, which makes the set rememorable.

Baloo

Smash Ace
You mean like a bathroom sign?

Oh dear...I don't wanna know what it will do...
Actually, it's signature move is PK Starstorm. :p

And besides that, it can also "grin mischievously" at you.

So I basically have to make a moveset for a character with 2 attacks.:psycho:

Heartz♥

Smash Legend

Hey now, PPL. Don't be so quick to report folks. I would leave that to the leadership, since they know what is a real bother to this thread.

-♥

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Seriously Spade and K. Rool, I don't understand why when we already did half of the contest, it's okay to say for example" : This is awesome! + 1 vote! " but it's not okay to say it now, what's the matter. I can still understand the fact that contest is not finished and there's plenty other movesets coming but still, if we think it's worth a vote, we think it, and that is all.
It's not okay to say it, like, ever, if you ask me. Leave it at critique and commentary, no need to come out and blatantly say "This moveset is better than that moveset." Whether it's your opinion or not, votes are supposed to remain somewhat anonymous, and everyone would feel better if we just left it to comments.

And ESPECIALLY this early in the contest. Although I disagree that we'll forget half the movesets posted already by voting time, I do feel that it's simply to early to start calling our votes - let alone our super votes. Or the Top 10, for that matter.

There has never been a move in Smash that was entirely different against certain characters
No there has not, but bear in mind that many, many things have never been in Smash. You'd be hard-pressed to find a moveset that doesn't do anything that isn't already in Smash; just look at Waluigi, at SSHU, at Zasalamel, three recent movesets, and all with fresh ideas in them.

Wait... what?

Spade? :(

It was just a mistake, it seems to me. Everyone knows how good a moveset maker you are and Waluigi's literally received TONS of compliments. Why do I (and Kibble and Warlord, for that matter) have to be villified? I certainly don't find you a nuisance and certainly don't care about my line of success.

Losing you is definitely NOT what any of us want, and you know that, right?

Hey now, PPL. Don't be so quick to report folks. I would leave that to the leadership, since they know what is a real bother to this thread.
Yeah, probably not a great idea to be reporting people willy-nilly. gidget DID comment on movesets, and even though his comment is kinda useless, it's not really bothering anyone, since he posts so infrequently. If he were more active, then yes, I'd say report away, but as is... Yeah.

On a more general note, I haven't yet read Zasalamel, I'm afraid to say, but I will, and all the other (mostly Warlord's) sets I missed, and then I'll get back to my usual commenting-on-everything; I'm not ready to give that up quite yet.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings

-♥
Well, sorry for trying to help.

Anyway, since I now am in Spring Break mode, I should be able to release PPLXIII soon.

Zasalamel is a very unique character, and I really like the non-generic scythe slash moves. I really thought that a character like Zasalamel would be very boring and unoriginal. Great work, MW!!

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Wait... what?

come on spade... don't go and do that because of a dumb post mistake. You're one of the best moveset makers in the contest, & it would be a real loss for you to not post your remaining sets. Plus, I'm really looking forward to C. Viper and Impa :bee:

I really saw no need to report him. & if you were going to give him a chance to fix it, you should send him a pm, not just post in the thread ~

Zasalamel is a very unique character, and I really like the non-generic scythe slash moves. I really thought that a character like Zasalamel would be very boring and unoriginal. Great work, MW!!
lolwut? Since when would warlord make a boring set?? :confused:

zasalamel is awesome btw, just as awesome as when I previewed him. His rewind thing is great and is surprisingly balanced, and his FS is epic Xd

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
@King K. Rool: That strikes a pretty good point. I mean Smash Balls didnt appear until Brawl, as well as third party characters. I just never looked at it in a graphical perspective.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
come on spade... don't go and do that because of a dumb post mistake. You're one of the best moveset makers in the contest, & it would be a real loss for you to not post your remaining sets. Plus, I'm really looking forward to C. Viper and Impa :bee:
It wasn't about that mistake. It was already slowly growing, the post of TE just pretty much was the final strike. =/

@King K. Rool: That strikes a pretty good point. I mean Smash Balls didnt appear until Brawl, as well as third party characters. I just never looked at it in a graphical perspective.
That's what MYM is about. Make creative stuff. I mean, I don't support grim moves or gun-ones, too, but if it's necessary to the moveset, I see no reason not to.
It's about making movesets to your favourite characters.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
@Spadefox: Got it. But really, you shouldn't leave for a mistake like that. I mean, who else is gonna be the Lust SDS? Besides, obviously you make one of the better movesets. You freaking did Kefka, and did him well.

I'm sure your toons would get alot more recognition. This thread is just slow, because everybody is so busy in the Xat chat. This happened to one of my threads before, and now it is closed, because we tried to revive after a huge hiatus of inactivity. But that is a story for another time.

-♥

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Oh no, don't get me wrong... I wasn't intending on stopping visiting the thread completely. I just am thinking of stopping to submit 'sets, that's all. I'm not going to put down my responsibilities like that.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Oh no, don't get me wrong... I wasn't intending on stopping visiting the thread completely. I just am thinking of stopping to submit 'sets, that's all. I'm not going to put down my responsibilities like that.
But still, you're like the only other person that is doing Final Fantasy toon sets. I was looking forward to more of them, plus your Impa. But it's your choice, Joel.

♥

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
But still, you're like the only other person that is doing Final Fantasy toon sets. I was looking forward to more of them, plus your Impa. But it's your choice, Joel.

♥
*Coughs and points at Link-Up Space*

And pweaze don't stop posting sets, Spade...I'm so excited for Impa...you can't leave! You just can't! Golly gee, what about all your other sets? *Coughs*

Almost done with Mia...I've been in a car for nine hours...if she's not up tonight, she WILL be up tomorrow. I promise times infinity. You can all beat me if I don't keep that promise.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Make the choice that will make you happiest, Spade. You are a stellar moveset author, but if you are tired of it, merely following the thread and reading the movesets to come is a great option for you.

@Everyone: I have just E-Mailed Nate Bihldorff (Sakurai's translator) MasterWarlord's K.Rool moveset with a request to send it to Sakurai. It's a big jump to take, but it is worth a shot to see this SSB4 shoe-in being represented originally.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
*Coughs and points at Link-Up Space*

And pweaze don't stop posting sets, Spade...I'm so excited for Impa...you can't leave! You just can't! Golly gee, what about all your other sets? *Coughs*

Almost done with Mia...I've been in a car for nine hours...if she's not up tonight, she WILL be up tomorrow. I promise times infinity. You can all beat me if I don't keep that promise.

Oh, my bad. hehe.

I should've beaten you already, Nookie. :laugh:
I dont know if Lightning will be done tomorrow, but I should take time so that it is good anyway.

~♥

C~Dog

Smash Champion
@Everyone: I have just E-Mailed Nate Bihldorff (Sakurai's translator) MasterWarlord's K.Rool moveset with a request to send it to Sakurai. It's a big jump to take, but it is worth a shot to see this SSB4 shoe-in being represented originally.
You...you did ask MW if you could do that, right? I mean, if he wanted it done, why would he not simply email it himself? And why that particular set?, just out of curiosity?

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
I really don't want to see either happen. You ARE one of the threads better set makers. It would be a really unfortunate thing to do. Many people here respect you, including myself, and it would be a very stupid move to make, being that you have a lot of sets to finish. Please, don't stop making sets. I really enjoy them, and I believe that your sets should have placed higher. No, I'm not trying to suck up, and I really feel that way. Believe me.

LOL, c wut I did thar?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
LOL, c wut I did thar?

No...... jkjk

PPL is right. However, I dont want you to think we respect you BECAUSE of your movesets. You didnt have to make a single one for us to get that respect. You seem an all-around cool cat. You really made me feel welcome when I first got here. But if you are going to stick around, then my rant ends here. :laugh:

+♥

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
You...you did ask MW if you could do that, right? I mean, if he wanted it done, why would he not simply email it himself? And why that particular set?, just out of curiosity?
I can't speak for BKupa, but it's probably because K. Rool actually deserves to be in. Most other movesets are for characters who shouldn't be in.

Smady

Smash Master
# Lust by MasterWarlord
Honestly, the greatest codec I've ever read. Every move is quite interesting and I love the persona itself - I doubt I would enjoy playing as the character, which is a cool revelation considering I only have your words to go on.

At this point, I won't comment on any more Sin 'extras'; I find the entire situation boggling and I am disappointed that each doesn't differ in this area, as you, MW, can weave some really good extras. I'd rather there was nothing at all than copy pasta.

# Envy by MasterWarlord
Firstly, I love the final smash, even if neither of my posted characters are in there. The moveset itself is outstanding considering the amount of background knowledge involved with the transformations, I find it rather impressive. Taking the entire package into account, I think I prefer Gluttony over the other two FMA movesets you've posted, but they're all of a very high degree of quality. It seems like you don't edit very much still, but your layout is readable [omg wtf] and it hasn't detracted from the quality - didn't we all say so? Maybe I'm late with that one.

# Zant by Condog
Fits the character well with the magic and crazy arm motions like from DragonBall or something, but it needs moar detail and less generosity with moves to really be up there. I mean, a few of the attacks seem generic. It's very good for a relatively, completely new guy.

# Super Star Helpers: Ultra by SirKibble
Whoa, crazy moveset with nuts mechanic and insanely long to boot, and by Kibble! I loved it, though not as much as I did S&B. I'm getting a little wary of the Kirby characters at this point; your Protoman was basically as good as your S&B, in my opinion, so there's no fear to be had in moving on.

# Midna & Wolf Link by drag0nscythe
This is a big improvement from your first moveset with the knockback, lag and etcetera listed, but in that way it needs organisation [colours, bolding] to point out these quirks. 'Set itself is fun, but it could be improved with less use of generic 'energy', or magic references. Another awesome DOJO!! edit made this one memorable. :)

# Sil’fer by Shake~
This moveset is really BIG, like my god, what a monster! It is so big, it has me swaying my head back-and-forth reading it! Really good at a glance but even better when fully paid attention, just cut down on the massive font and images in the future, for the sake of my eyesight. :chuckle:

# Zasalamel by MasterWarlord
Finally - no more of that 'sin' crap! :psycho:

Impressive and surmountive of a non-mechanics-based moveset. You gimped on the extras again. Probably one of your best so far, but it is held back by my personal dislike of the character, which I had forgotten up until the time of reading this moveset. Time to digest is needed.

And so ends volume two of Smash Daddy's MYM catch-up!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
We discussed it...as a K.Rool fan, he said he would do it, even though it would get ignored. I sent it through a different source to arouse more attention. I E-Mailed K.Rool in particular cause he is a shoe-in for SSB4 and needs to be portrayed as original.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
# Super Star Helpers: Ultra by SirKibble
Whoa, crazy moveset with nuts mechanic and insanely long to boot, and by Kibble! I loved it, though not as much as I did S&B. I'm getting a little wary of the Kirby characters at this point; your Protoman was basically as good as your S&B, in my opinion, so there's no fear to be had in moving on.
Hehe, thanks, though it's not a fear of moving on that keeps me doing Kirby characters. I mean, I know I can do well in other franchises (my Advance Wars moveset did get 4th place in MYM 4), it's just that, well, I like Kirby characters! :bee:

Rest assured, though, I don't have too many more up my sleeve. :laugh:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
o hai thar

POO

Characteristics:

-slightly heavier than Ness
-fairly fast, like Pikachu
-below average jumps
-not floaty; somewhat like Mario in terms of it

Attacks:

B Moves:

B: A small, green flash of PK energy shoots out of Poo's head, and detonates similarily to Ness's PK Flash just over his head. It does less damage than Ness's, but blows up quicker.
TiltB: Poo shoots both hands out in front of him and a bolt of green energy shoots forward, electrifying anyone it hits.
UpB: Somewhat like what happens if Ness hits himself with his own PK Thunder. Poo becomes surrounded by green PK energy, and shoots out in whatever direction you point the control stick for a short distance. If he hits an enemy, it does very light damage with decent knockback.
DownB: Poo concentrates for a few seconds, then shouts and becomes a copy of his enemy, with all their attacks. He stays in that form for five seconds or so, then transforms back into his regular form. He can only transform into someone he's fighting. If there are multiple enemies, he becomes one of them at random.

Ground attacks:

A: A quick jab.
A,A: A speedy but weak kick.
TiltA: A long-reaching kick that does fair damage but has little knockback. Sweetspots on the edge of his foot.
DownA: A sweeping kick, somewhat like Sheik's. Same sweetspot.
UpA: An upwards punch he does as he spins, like Mario's.
FSmash: He does two very quick and very weak punches, then a powerful martial arts kick. Same sweetspot.
DSmash: A double-sided kick. Like Fox's DSmash. Still has the same sweetspot.
USmash: He jumps up, punching straight up with both fists. Enemies in front of him get knocked forward, while those above him get knocked straight up.
Dash: Like Ness's, but without the PSI energy. Fairly good knockback.

Aerial Attacks:

NAir: He spins around in midair, punching nearby enemies.
FAir: A kick somewhat like Fox's or Kirby's, but it only hits once. Same sweetspot as always.
BAir: A backwards version of his FAir. I'm going to stop mentioning the sweetspot. If it involves his leg, it sweetspots on the edge of his foot.
UAir: A powerful upwards-aimed punch. Quick with good knockback.
DAir: A corkscrew-style kick.

Grabs and Throws:

A: Punch.
FThrow: Poo punches his foe forward.
DThrow: Poo jumps up a little bit and throws the foe down.
BThrow: He throws them over his head.
UThrow: A punch upwards like Ganondorf's, but less powerful.

Style:

Somewhat like a speedier but weaker Donkey Kong. Heavily physical warrior with a few weak long-range attacks. Bad at spamming attacks. Due to bad recovery and down tilt, horrible at edge guarding, so he should transform into his opponent once they're trying to recover.

...Every tree starts with a seedling. This heap is my very first full moveset. Goes to show how anyone can improve, no matter how poor their initial efforts (although we haven't had any weak newcomers for a long while now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom