• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Now you be careful, Spadefox. Making Kefka too much more awesome than he already is could very well implode the universe.

Tornadith: Who's sig are you talking about? If mine, then thanks. It took a little time to get the hang of, but after that it's really easy. Oh, and I guess I'd better add Kakashi.

Lol, it blocked out the middle of Kisame's last name.

Okay, where'd my sig go?!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Good looking sig dude. Usually people just use the pencil tool and then outline it with black *points to own button*
If directed at me, thanks. I was actually the first to start making these, and started the whole trend. :bee: Although Cruxis's are admittedly better...

Will the advertisment and voting periods be one week again? Just asking. Also, that gives me a month to refine my movesets, write up extras for Kefka and... uhm... that's it. x.x
We're not decided yet on advertisement and voting, but I'd assume that they're the same length as before. It worked then, why not now?

W00t! That gives me more than enough time for Toad Brigade and Darkrai, woth a comfortable period to get ready for MYM5.

And this is my first time in an MYM, what is the advertising period?

EDIT: Nice moveset, lots o' detail on the specials. But a bit more detail no the otehrs would be nice.
Advertising period is about a week during which everyone can promote their movesets and other people's, to get them fresh in everyone's minds to raise the likelihood of being voted for. We're gonna encourage only advertising movesets that AREN'T your own this time 'round.

Guys, PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU SEESOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT THIS L:

L​
Nope. :(

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
We're not decided yet on advertisement and voting, but I'd assume that they're the same length as before. It worked then, why not now?
Because the voting week was pretty much dead. The regulars voted the first 3 days, the rest of the week we stared blankly around and spammed a lot.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
~ OFFICIAL MYM END DATE ~

Feb. 28th will be the LAST day for submissions.

That's what the Sandbags have concluded. After that comes the advertising period, then voting, and finally, results.
Echo.

Will the advertisment and voting periods be one week again? Just asking. Also, that gives me a month to refine my movesets, write up extras for Kefka and... uhm... that's it. x.x
Most likely, yeah. One week seemed to work well, though we'll let you know if anything's different.

L​
I see it. Old English Text MT. 'Course, that's because I have the font.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Because the voting week was pretty much dead. The regulars voted the first 3 days, the rest of the week we stared blankly around and spammed a lot.
I kinda enjoyed that spam period! And anyway, votes were trickling in over the course of the week. I kept a record of who voted, remember? The main regulars voted right away, but most of the semi-regulars took more time. I'd still bet on the full week being used.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Advertising period is about a week during which everyone can promote their movesets and other people's, to get them fresh in everyone's minds to raise the likelihood of being voted for. We're gonna encourage only advertising movesets that AREN'T your own this time 'round.
Oh, OK.

What if there's a moveset you made that was overlooked completely, or only got like one comment? Would it be OK to advertise that?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Which reminds me of another question... HOW will advertisment look like? Your own? Those of others?

(sorry phatcat, your poor moveset... I'll make up for it by doing a review on it, ok?)

half_silver28

Smash Ace
@topman: for what little you had to work with, that's an awesome moveset. now I'm dizzy... :psycho:

@kakashi: this is definitely a good moveset, with some pretty awesome specials. However there are a few points where you seem to take it for granted that we know what you're talking about (like the Forward smash). & I think you could improve a bit on organization, namely coloring and bolding each attack name. & for the power-ups gained from the down special transformation, wouldn't it make more sense to put the stats for those power-ups in a sub-category under each individual attack it boosts? It would be a bit more work, but its more visually appealing than just stuffing all that under the down special description (at least to me). It's still a very good set, regardless of my picky complaints :)

@ZOMG MYM END DATE:

well that means I won't be getting to my third moveset... I'll save it for MYM 5. & if anyone cares, here are my plans for MYM 5:

Shana (from Shakugan no Shana)
M. Bison (street fighter series)
Soi Fon (bleach)
and..... I don't know who else. I might remake Batman if I have time ~

... :bee:

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, half_silver28. I like critique of any kind. I considered making a new Stat guide, but Sharingan pumps speed up one level, and Mangekyo increases damage by 40%, so I didn't think it was necessary. If you mean writing in all the attacks again and putting the Mangekyo %s, that would have made it look about twice as big as it should, which some may consider false advertising. No doubt Warlord would have loved it, though:laugh:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I read Kakashi, definitely your best moveset so far topman :)

@ End date= Ok, I'll have Alakazam and Hitmontop don exits done by then. I won't be able to get my SM done, as I said, due to late starting, but I will probably make at least two more before the end date, due to having less things to do, and a whole week free from the 13th :bee:.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Huh? Jimnymebob, that was kind of confusing. You mean Kakashi was my best, or Topman was Peli's best?
I'm tired lol. My apologies.

I meant to write phatcat, not Top Man. :laugh:

Yeah, Kakashi is your best moveset, so well done with him :bee:

I will sleep now lol.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
@Kakashi: Good Job. I like most of the moves and everything, though i think you could work on your organization. Don't just add bolding to the specials. Add it to every move. That's just a suggestion though. Great Kakashi moveset, one of my favourite Naruto characters, and....awesome.

@MYM 4 end date: Gah...only one month left? I got an SSE to finish and a secret moveset to work on. Oh well... My MYM 5 plans are so far in my sigg, at the very bottem of the link. If you're too lazy, here are 5 of them:
Near (Death Note) Neji (Naruto) Kira Yamato (Gundam Seed) Umbreon (Pokemon) Giacomo (Baten Kaitos)

I also might do a Bleach character too...but i don't know which one yet. OH WELL

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver

L​
Old English L? That's what I see.

@Topman: Pretty good, but some attacks are very generic and underdetailed.

@Naruto Character: Looks great, very great.

Oh man, I will probably only get AGK and Shadow Beast done. I miiiiiight get Sir Aaron done, I'm not promising anything.

:( :( :( :(

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
smash announcer preview!

final smash: ALL-STAR MODE
smash announcer rises up and a selection of 6 random stock icons appears above him, while he yells "ALL STAR MODE!" you then have 5 seconds to pick an icon or it will auto-pick. you then copy the final smash of the character you pick exactly. of course, final smashes involving mechanics could end up being useless, and some could hurt you instead of help. so be careful and dont pick immediately.

EDIT: O_o duuudessss, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8SqlRYW3xo

Baloo

Smash Ace
smash announcer preview!

final smash: ALL-STAR MODE
smash announcer rises up and a selection of 6 random stock icons appears above him, while he yells "ALL STAR MODE!" you then have 5 seconds to pick an icon or it will auto-pick. you then copy the final smash of the character you pick exactly. of course, final smashes involving mechanics could end up being useless, and some could hurt you instead of help. so be careful and dont pick immediately.
So your Smash Announcer set is based on his quotes? It's just me, but I'm thinking his FS should be SSB64 Announcer, but yours is a cool idea.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
TWILTHERO:Thanks, man. I kind of thought about the bolding everything thing, but most of the work was done at four a.m. this morning, so...

EDIT: For the Bleach character, you could do Aizen, Uryu/Ishido, or Chad. Or, better yet(at least I think so), you could try Urahara. Forgot two: Kaien Shiba and Gin Ichimaru.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
DEFINATELY urahara for a bleach character. dude has a green fedora and epic sword, what more do you wish? the shop and employees can add on too. do him or kukaku shiba (the pyrotechnics expert who lost an arm) i might do urahara if you dont though.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
SHANA!!!! (and Bison)

If I didn't have such a hard time making movesets for characters with real personality and background, I'd have considered doing either or both. But I've seen your other movesets and I trust you to make them awesome (that, and I'd try to add in needlessly complex mechanics to them when both of them are better off having more intuitive playstyles in my opinion)

Now to go find underrated and overlooked movesets to advertise.....

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Which reminds me of another question... HOW will advertisment look like? Your own? Those of others?
I don't think there'd be any guidelines for how an ad has to look visually...

Unless you mean something else?

@Sundance: So scrap the text idea and just use a picture. Like this one right here:

NOW IN WHITE (since, wow that black isn't showing up so well...)

JUST GET THEM BEFORE THEY'RE GONE

half_silver28

Smash Ace
SHANA!!!! (and Bison)

If I didn't have such a hard time making movesets for characters with real personality and background, I'd have considered doing either or both. But I've seen your other movesets and I trust you to make them awesome (that, and I'd try to add in needlessly complex mechanics to them when both of them are better off having more intuitive playstyles in my opinion)

Now to go find underrated and overlooked movesets to advertise.....
I know, how can you NOT be excited??? :bee:

but seriously, it's not that difficult to make movesets for characters with true personality. you only really need to show it in taunts and win animations (and some attacks, if it'll fit). Shana & bison are 2 flat-out awesome characters, &..... isn't that all u really need?? O_o

& I wouldn't be so sure I won't add needless mechanics; I'm considering taking an ice climber approach to Shana:
since she comes to rely heavily on Yuji as the series goes on, I think it would be cool to have both of them fight. I'd only have a few attacks that involve Yuji, but Shana's overall strength as a character would decrease if Yuji is absent (he's there for moral support more than anything).

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
EDIT: For the Bleach character, you could do Aizen, Uryu/Ishido, or Chad. Or, better yet(at least I think so), you could try Urahara. Forgot two: Kaien Shiba and Gin Ichimaru.
Umm...yeah...about that. I DID A BAD THING. I already decided on what Bleach character i'm going to do.

Yeah, that guy. You might hate me, you might not, just please don't shoot me lol O_o. I might be able to do one more Bleach character too (probably going to be Urahara)...., but i make no promises.

Anyway! My SSE has been added with chapters 3-5. THAT IS ALL.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
~ OFFICIAL MYM END DATE ~

Feb. 28th will be the LAST day for submissions.

That's what the Sandbags have concluded. After that comes the advertising period, then voting, and finally, results.
Awesome! If I do manage to actually work on Estelle (I haven't written a single move yet...), that'll be great. If not, I'll just have to make sure everyone remembers my movesets! Maria was on, like, page 65 or something. Sheesh.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@halfsilver: I had a similar angle with Shana and Yuji, but by the second season Yugi can wield silver flame and Blutsauger in addition to being a strategic mastermind, so I figured he would deserve his own moveset. But what you said is especially true about the first season.

I suppose I could make another Flame Haze or two for a mini Shakugan no Shana spaz in MYM5. Wilhelmina seems pretty straightforward but has a lot of potential, and I could even do Khamsin since there's this whole Tuning mechanic suddenly floating around in the back of my head, and there's always a lot one could do with the Interpreter of Condolence.....

crapdangit, I need to pace myself. I haven't even brought any of the bad guys into consideration.

And my problem with Haruhi & Co. was that since there was so much to work with, I tried to cram it all into a single moveset and I went all obsessively perfectionist over it.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I don't think there'd be any guidelines for how an ad has to look visually...

Unless you mean something else?
I think Spade is talking about if there will be any rules as to WHOSE sets we are allowed to advertise. You know, are we allowed to ad for our own sets and whatnot.

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
Hey, someone else who's doing Bleach sets! Soi Fon is a good idea, hopefully that works out well. Also, if someone else wants to do Kurosaki Ichigo, they can, I'm not going to do him after all.

Instead, once I get done with Ikkaku, I'll be doing either an original character or a Lictor from the Warhammer 40K universe, which for those of you not familiar (which I expect to be almost everybody,) has uber camouflage abilities, can rip through light tank armor, and looks like this:

Junahu

Smash Ace
Oh dear, One month to go?!
I have to at least get Viola done, and Wispa tidied up, or I'll lose all credibilty as "that guy who makes long movesets".

btw. Viola may very well be the longest (single) moveset that will ever exist.

Edit:... There's always room for more movesets that are vaguely related to Megaman

Double Edit: Thing's sure suffered on the OC front this time. Maybe we should stop calling them Original Characters, and just call them Chris Lionheart Characters instead...

half_silver28

Smash Ace
@halfsilver: I had a similar angle with Shana and Yuji, but by the second season Yugi can wield silver flame and Blutsauger in addition to being a strategic mastermind, so I figured he would deserve his own moveset. But what you said is especially true about the first season.

I suppose I could make another Flame Haze or two for a mini Shakugan no Shana spaz in MYM5. Wilhelmina seems pretty straightforward but has a lot of potential, and I could even do Khamsin since there's this whole Tuning mechanic suddenly floating around in the back of my head, and there's always a lot one could do with the Interpreter of Condolence.....

crapdangit, I need to pace myself. I haven't even brought any of the bad guys into consideration.

And my problem with Haruhi & Co. was that since there was so much to work with, I tried to cram it all into a single moveset and I went all obsessively perfectionist over it.
well yeah, the attacks that actually involve yuji will utilize that sort of stuff. There's just so much I can draw from that, really, I couldn't say much more about what I'm gonna do yet.
I'd definitely recommend Margery, she's one of the more interesting characters. Although wilhelmina or khamsin definitely have potential.

& yeah, I do know that It'll be a lot of work, knowing that I'll want to make several ATs & a boss. I pretty much ended up losing the will to finish the ATs for Spyro, so idk lol.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Back at the present

Hey all, I've been gone for a while because of difficulties scheduling time with the Good Computer.

Anyway, I got my Wiki page up, and I'm doing some more movesets over time along with Crono, including Dry Bones, Tom Nook, and possibly Sableye.:bee:

Only one thing: Trophy Master called Primid a few hundred pages back, but after I had already listed Primid as one of My upcoming movesets on the wiki.:confused: So does what does that mean for my set? I'm almost done with it and my Dry Bones moveset.

So anyway, trying to catch up with the thread from where I was on this slow computer until Febuary when I get back to the fast one. Welcome back Mendez, check out my moveset for the Black Mage if you have the time, and anyone doing a review or anything for him note that many of his moves and his personality come from 8-bit Theater and not the games.;)

Oh, one last thing, for the second Superstar Helpers moveset, here's a list of all the helpers nobody's used:

Biospark - Ninja
Birdon - Wing
Blade Knight - Sword

Burnin' Leo - Fire
Gim - Yo-yo
Parasol Waddle Dee - Parasol
Plasma Wisp - Plasma
Rocky - Stone
TAC - Copy
Waddle Doo - Beam
Wheelie Bike - Wheel

Status