• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
BTW, now that Raziek has confirmed PR, I am wondering why the song of double time is included, because cutting a Day in half is generally the worst thing for town.
Exactly. So why was anyone even asking him to do it? I'm finding myself with a desire to reread, but now I have less time. Why? Why did we do this? Again, was anyone really doubting Raziek's claim?

Dabuz, who's scum? Answer this question as soon as possible since, you know, we don't have a lot of time.

Acrostic, I'm letting you know right now, if you ISO me, there's a good chance I won't respond to it. I know you replaced in so there's a ton of stuff that you feel like you want to talk about that is no longer really relevant, but I'm not interested in defending myself anymore. I want to look outward. I'm town, and if you don't accept that at this point, then I don't know what else I can do.

I'm trying to remember why I have a clear read on the OS/kuz slot.

Honestly, I've liked Nabe's play this game, but, at this point, I'm just as okay with lynching him for the sake of keeping the numbers mildly in our favor than anything else. If we ML on someone else toDay, and Nabe is what he says he is, and he hides behind the NK target toNight, we'll be shaved down to 6 players toMorrow. And there's a good chance only half of those players would be town.

Modified lynchpool is Nabe, Dabuz and Acrostic right now.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I want to ask, are we sure Nabe is the way to go?

I understand the connections point, but Circus is pretty much town to everyone in this game it seems, only connection people would get is a confirmed town me if he flips town.

If he flips scum, then yeah!, but still defiantly feel Acro is more likely to flip scum at this point.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Honestly, I don't care about the people he claims to clear. I know I'm town, and I think you're town.

But I basically think he'll flip scum at this point. He's been playing a good Town game, but scum (probably) is not here:

Circus
Raziek
Inferno
Red Ryu
Kuz

So it must be here:

Nabe
Dabuz
Acrostic
Werekill

And the more I look at it, the more okay I am with Werekill. I don't get how T-block being scum and us not having a claimed Motivator yet works, but I trust it to get cleared up in the near future.

And Nabe going back to Raz as a suspect doesn't make me want to save him.

Red Ryu, who do you want to lynch toDay?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Acrostic. As I said before for the slip.

Also I would put Inferno in the scum pill of Nabe is a hider. Also defiantly not lynching Raziek.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
@Nabe: Im thinking Acrostic is most likely scum/ mafia. Your second most likely scum, but I don't see you as indy. Raziek might actually be indy, from a setup standpoint, having scum and town beneficial powers with an ability that can confuse a pro town role but not being able to stop pro-town actions leads me to believe Link is indy.

Vote: Acrostic

I want him gone the most and tomorrow we should look at Raziek no matter what he flips. A bad lynch today possibly puts us in MyLo tomorrow, with that said, we need to catch scum, not go for info lynch.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Nabe: Im thinking Acrostic is most likely scum/ mafia. Your second most likely scum, but I don't see you as indy. Raziek might actually be indy, from a setup standpoint, having scum and town beneficial powers with an ability that can confuse a pro town role but not being able to stop pro-town actions leads me to believe Link is indy.
@underlined: Why not? I expect a pretty good reason for this since you decided to specifically mention it.

I want him gone the most and tomorrow we should look at Raziek no matter what he flips. A bad lynch today possibly puts us in MyLo tomorrow, with that said, we need to catch scum, not go for info lynch.
In the theory you explained, Raziek, even as an indie, would not be hostile. Why should he become a focus if he's not mafia/poisoner/abductor?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
While I do not doubt people can make some creative Indies on this site, I've been two where one was a piper in a war with another piper and a Fossil Finder who wins by not being targeted by a night action for 3 days straight.

I'm not going to consider him an Indy at this point when there are others whom fit it a lot better, imo.

@Circus: Only time I would trust an Indy is if I needed them to win against mafia. Otherwise I would auto lynch them everytime.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Circus: Only time I would trust an Indy is if I needed them to win against mafia. Otherwise I would auto lynch them everytime.
If you know you've got an indy and you don't have an objectively better lynch to make (like maybe a cop-confirmed mafioso or something), then that's fine. What bothers me is the fact that we really have no reason to believe that Raz is indie other than the fact that he seems to have abilities that don't explicitly help Town, and he clearly isn't a role that kills or abducts. Why Dabuz would want to focus on Raziek toMorrow with that being the case is beyond me, especially since Raziek being indie is a hunch at best at this point.

To be honest, I would be really down for lynching Dabuz toDay. I mean, he did get jailed N1 (assuming Inferno is telling the truth), and we ended up with no kills that Night. Likelihood of scum targeting Dabuz for the NK is very, very low to me. So that means that either Dabuz shot that Night but got blocked by Inferno, or Nabe is telling the truth about his role and successfully drew the NK, or T-block was the shooter and got abducted before he could execute the kill. The first option seems just as likely as the next two, in my opinion.

Circus, what were your night results, again? Say which night as well for each one.
Night 1
Human Census: 5 alive in Clock Town
Unclassified Census: 3 alive in Clock Town

Night 2
Deku Census: 2 alive in Clock Town

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
@Circus: The reasons I wouldn't guess Indy is because the ??? claim looks a possible fake claim to me, and if its a fake claim, thats something scum would do. Then, also the fact that AcrosticIndy seems more plausible and I've recently come under suspicion of RaziekIndy.

If we lynch Indy, that means less players go missing in the night=more chance our jailer successfully blocks a kill if jailer claim is true (which I believe).

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Unvote.

I've done more homework, and I've seen that Hider can be a valid role. There goes most of my argument against Nabe. All of you guys lynching for just information need to really think hard about what a ML here could possibly mean, info or not.

Nabe's point about the fact that we are getting practically no reads on his lynch is also quite valid.

So yeah, I was mostly ripping and roaring to lynch him because of his role, but if we're going to only lynch him to clear Circus, I see no reason to put him down as our definite lynch for today. I might be ok with hopping back on his wagon, but let's stop and think for a moment.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
If I have all the reports down correctly:

• Werekill investigates T-Block N1 gets a guilty
  • T-Block goes missing N1
  • Frio|Inferno jails dabuz N1
  • Circus gets census report on humans and ??? N1
  • Motivator motivates Circus N1 according to Circus
  • Raziek changes from human to deku N1
  • Nabe hides behind Circus N1
========================================
  • Werekill investigates Dabuz N2 gets an inno
  • Inferno jails Solid N2
  • Circus gets census report on dekus N2
  • Raziek remains Deku N2
  • Nabe hides behind Red Ryu N2

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
To be honest, I would be really down for lynching Dabuz toDay. I mean, he did get jailed N1 (assuming Inferno is telling the truth), and we ended up with no kills that Night. Likelihood of scum targeting Dabuz for the NK is very, very low to me. So that means that either Dabuz shot that Night but got blocked by Inferno, or Nabe is telling the truth about his role and successfully drew the NK, or T-block was the shooter and got abducted before he could execute the kill. The first option seems just as likely as the next two, in my opinion.

Night 1
Human Census: 5 alive in Clock Town
Unclassified Census: 3 alive in Clock Town

Night 2
Deku Census: 2 alive in Clock Town
However, you're forgetting that he isn't mafia since I got an inno on him. We have, obviously, at least two kills or 1 + vanishment per night, so that would make him indy. However, he was jailed, so he couldn't abduct, poison, or generally kill. If we can trust Inferno, then I think that he's cleared when you add his inno to the equation.

Also, thanks. I had a small theory itch that I wanted to scratch, and I'm fine now.

On another note: why would a scum motivator EVER motivate his partners? Said motivator knows that as soon as he is lynched, anyone who is on his motivation list is automatically on a lynch pool for town.

I'm starting to think that T-Block motivated you to do the very thing that I'm doing now: put you on a scum list. When you take the fact that you were never killed into account, both your motivation and your living-status either means that you're scum or that scum left you alive as part of WIFOM shenanigans.

I'm starting to strongly lean towards the latter.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Circus: The reasons I wouldn't guess Indy is because the ??? claim looks a possible fake claim to me, and if its a fake claim, thats something scum would do.

I'm lost. What are you trying to say here? That if Nabe were independent then he wouldn't have been given a safeclaim? I'm not understanding why anything you just said would make Nabe any less likely to be indie as opposed to mafia.

Then, also the fact that AcrosticIndy seems more plausible and I've recently come under suspicion of RaziekIndy.
So you think Acrostic is most likely independent? Or you just think he's scummy and he could be independent?

If we lynch Indy, that means less players go missing in the night=more chance our jailer successfully blocks a kill if jailer claim is true (which I believe).
If we lynch the Abductor, then that means less players go missing. Lynching any indie does not necessarily have that effect. Unless you want to give me a good reason to believe that Raziek is the Abductor, this point is moot. You're conflating the idea of being indie with the idea of being the Abductor. You are throwing out the idea that Raziek could be independent and leaping over logic to say that he could also be the Abductor without providing any additional evidence. What makes you think Raziek is the Abductor?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Motivator motivates Circus N1 according to Circus
I've recently thought this through, and I think that we can safely assume that he was truly motivated since his results have all been right. If he hadn't been, he would have had to guess on the human and unclassified counts.

If he was scum, he would have only had 2 others confirmed, and if indy, 1 other at max. I don't think he got lucky enough to get both counts down.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
However, you're forgetting that he isn't mafia since I got an inno on him.
That's fair; I did forget about this. Assuming you're telling the truth, of course, which I guess I'm willing to do right now.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Votecount 3.5 - [5/9] - Deadline 2nd November @ 8AM GMT

Raziek [0]
th3kuzinator [3] - MOD, MOD, Nabe
Red Ryu [0]
dabuz [0]
Nabe [2] - kuz, Raziek
Circus [0]
Werekill [0]
Acrostic [1] - dabuz
Inferno3044 [0]

Not Voting [5] - Circus, Acrostic, Inferno, RR, Werekill

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That's fair; I did forget about this. Assuming you're telling the truth, of course, which I guess I'm willing to do right now.
Right.

Now let's both act like we trust each other and Nabe for toDay, eh? I have an idea, and I'm 90% sure it includes hitting scum toDay.

We have 5 players confirmed out of 9, given that we trust myself and Nabe.

Nabe
Me
Circus
Red Ryu
Dabuz

This means that out of:
Acrostic
Inferno
Raziek
Kuz

There has to be scum. However, I honestly think that OS wouldn't replace out as scum since being scum seems to be a rare thing. (I kinda hope I EVENTUALLY get it; out of 5, I've been town every time. >_<), so I'm willing to trust Kuz for AT LEAST today.

Inferno is the jailer, so he's either a scum roleblocker or legit. However, either way he would have roleblocked Dabuz and cleared him, so I'm willing to pass over judging Inferno for today.

That leaves Acrostic and Raziek as our scum picks for today, and because of reasons that I will say when I get home from church (about to leave), I'm thinking specifically on a certain person. I'll save the surprise for my next post.

But hey, at least we have only 4 people to choose from from here on out, assuming we trust myself and Nabe.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Not bad. I'll be honest with you though, I'm becoming less and less comfortable with keeping Kuz off limits as I reread, especially when I factor in T-block as confirmed scum. T-block focused a lot of his attention against Xastrn and OS on D1, and Xastrn hollowly tried to throw OS into the line of fire near deadline. It seems likely to me now that it was distancing. And I'm not going to take OS' word on the VT thing when he replaced out because, come on.

In fact, **** it.

Vote: Kuzinator

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It's actually crazy how much more often T-block talks to/about OS and Xastrn compared to the rest of the roster when you go back and look at it....

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yeah, super cool with a Kuz lynch. Much cooler with a Kuz lynch than a Nabe lynch, in fact. Don't think Acrostic is mafia.

Kuz and T-block for the remaining scumteam and Acrostic for Abductor. Could it really be that simple?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I swear to ****ing god if Nabe wriggles out of a lynch again because of his apathetic posting and overemphasized foresight I will shoot someone in the face.

After all this talk we had about setup players and interactions, how the **** am I still on the table? Give me a coherent reason you think I could be scum.

Again, are you out of your mind?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
And if you're basing that vote, Jerkus, around the fact that Xas said "lets lynch OS" right before deadline you're just straight up ********. Not only was another lynch completely impossible at that point, Xas had a way worse claim than you and he knew it. Anything he proposed was going to end with him dying so he ****ing threw a random name in there to create WIFOM. Besides the fact that he would never have the balls to do that with his actual scummate which should lean me away from it, at worst its a null tell because its a ****ing null tell.

I'm not getting lynched toDay. That would be the single biggest waste of an entire Day ****ing ever. I even started reading the thread last night in full since Nabe kept asking for it and I'm already on page ****ing 21 with notes. I will not be lynched after all this ****ing work I'm doing, are you out of your mind?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I want kuz to answer my question before anyone thinks of hammering him. Why do you think OS asked solid to claim his race?

:phone:
Do you realistically think I would know why OS wanted that. I'm exactly as I claimed a ****ing VT so I would have no use for that info. OS claimed race cop or something at one point so he might have been doing that to keep up with appearances.

Again, I'm not OS and I don't know what was going through his head when he did that. He's a man of a very complicated thought process in and of itself if that wasn't completely obvious already.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Actually, I'm thinking it's not so simple as that, since I'm giving Kuz the benefit of doubt for now. I'm thinking that it is just 2 people, though.

So, it's time for me to...

Vote: Raziek

Now, Raziek, I have a question...

Barring the deadline extension, how is your role in any way good for town? Let's list the powers, shall we?

Can change race (mostly confirmed?)

Can cut deadline in half (confirmed)

Can extend deadline (not confirmed)

How are any of those powers town-oriented?

The first power lets you change race, and since Circus is one of the only race-related roles, it should be safe to assume that the your role is based on the census. However, how is changing your role beneficial? It allows you to change race each night, which would allow you to potentially mess up the census and throw suspicion on the people who are legitly claiming that race (or the people NOT claiming that one if you change race again before census results are revealed). How is that beneficial to town?

And cutting the deadline in half... Do I really need to say that this is bad?

As for extending it, we have absolutely no confirmation that it even exists, just your word. Besides, it could be used to help scum (gives more time to convince for ML if it's still being debated near deadline) as much as it could help town.

So how is your role helpful to town in any way other than extending deadline?

As for your general scumminess, I just don't like you.

Why did you push an Acro lynch because you wanted to hit scum, make everyone give lynch pools and twist the numbers a bit to make Acro seem more lynch-friendly, then drop all of that as soon as I made a decently longer post on Nabe? This smells rather bad, even when you don't take your general bloodthirstiness toDay into account.

I don't like you, and I hope you die today. <3

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Unvote.

Forgot about those mod votes. I don't want Kuz at L-1. Not right now anyway.

Unfortunately I can't really get into more **** right now because I need to get ready for work or I'm going to be late. Rereading took up more of my time than I had hoped. I'll be back on tonight.

Kuz's response sure looks entertaining though.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Oh my god WE MUST LYNCH NABE I SWEAR TO GOD.

Even before reading your post on Raz I just want to point out HE CLAIMED LINK.

Reading it now.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
****, really, Werekill? You're gonna do that right when I gotta get out of here?

Well, I hope to read lots of interesting things when I come back. Don't eat each other alive while I'm gone.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Oh my god WE MUST LYNCH NABE I SWEAR TO GOD.

Even before reading your post on Raz I just want to point out HE CLAIMED LINK.

Reading it now.
And why MUST we lynch Nabe? His later posts seemed decently real and unforced, and your huge reaction to this potential wagon change is making you look bad. Calm down.

Also, when is Flavor completely indicative of alignment? The leader of the Bombers, a good guy, was scum, ya know.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Now that I think about it, a Nabe info lynch would have been terrible.

Sure, he could have been scum, but what would have happened if he were town? We would have had people confirmed, but since scum already knows that I'm cop since I got a guilty, scum would have had 4 people to pick from for the kill. Nothing good would have been revealed from the Night flip, and we would have been stuck with a field full of scummy people in what, I think, would have been MYLO.

So yeah, Nabe info lynch would have been stupid.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
You know raziek made a lynch pool to avoid the scrambling that we are in now right? Kuz is not the play. Its way too opportunistic giving his 2 mod votes and I don't like how nabe brought his lynch to the table.

@kuz-you found my point. Maybe its OS being OS but I didn't like that. I don't understand his thought process yet but I doubt he would ask a question for no reason.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
And why MUST we lynch Nabe? His later posts seemed decently real and unforced, and your huge reaction to this potential wagon change is making you look bad. Calm down.

Also, when is Flavor completely indicative of alignment? The leader of the Bombers, a good guy, was scum, ya know.
ik but nabe, if i have to say anything about his skill level, is ****ing amazing at making himself look innocuous when he's due for a lynch. its fooled me time and time and time again. he just knows what to say to appear townie as ****.

i agree that raz is scummier than nabe based on play but there are several setup hicups I cant ignore wrt both of them and ill be damned if i let nabe get away again.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Actually, I'm thinking it's not so simple as that, since I'm giving Kuz the benefit of doubt for now. I'm thinking that it is just 2 people, though.

So, it's time for me to...

Vote: Raziek

Now, Raziek, I have a question...

Barring the deadline extension, how is your role in any way good for town? Let's list the powers, shall we?

Can change race (mostly confirmed?)

Can cut deadline in half (confirmed)

Can extend deadline (not confirmed)

How are any of those powers town-oriented?
I really hope you don't have blinders on by assuming that all Town roles must be good for Town. Lovers are anti-Town. Hated Townie is anti-Town. Miller is anti-Town.

Further, you're the one who ASKED me to cut the deadline, so saying my extension is not confirmed is your fault. I could probably use BOTH, since I don't think there's a restriction on that, but then you're making me waste abilities simply to sate your idle suspicions on the fact that my role doesn't seem pro-Town.
The first power lets you change race, and since Circus is one of the only race-related roles, it should be safe to assume that the your role is based on the census. However, how is changing your role beneficial? It allows you to change race each night, which would allow you to potentially mess up the census and throw suspicion on the people who are legitly claiming that race (or the people NOT claiming that one if you change race again before census results are revealed). How is that beneficial to town?
Again, I have reason to suspect that SCUM ROLES have more to do with race than Town. Ask yourself: What is the point of Mafia Hobo? To find little tidbits about people, which we can presume include name, race, maybe role if he's lucky. So what good is that to the mafia? GEE, MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH RACE.
And cutting the deadline in half... Do I really need to say that this is bad?

As for extending it, we have absolutely no confirmation that it even exists, just your word. Besides, it could be used to help scum (gives more time to convince for ML if it's still being debated near deadline) as much as it could help town.
See above.
So how is your role helpful to town in any way other than extending deadline?
See above.
As for your general scumminess, I just don't like you.

Why did you push an Acro lynch because you wanted to hit scum, make everyone give lynch pools and twist the numbers a bit to make Acro seem more lynch-friendly, then drop all of that as soon as I made a decently longer post on Nabe? This smells rather bad, even when you don't take your general bloodthirstiness toDay into account.

I don't like you, and I hope you die today. <3
Ask yourself another question, Werekill. Why would we lynch Acrostic when EVERYONE wants to lynch him? That suggests he's probably Town, or at the VERY least, does not have a partner. And even as Nabe said, look at the motivation. How many are piggy-backing why I wanted to lynch him?

I'm getting sick of everyone painting me as bloodthirsty when all I did was ask for people's lynch pools after a MASSCLAIM, which mind you, was not even my suggestion.

This reeks, and there's no reason Nabe shouldn't die today unless it's to lynch you instead, and you're likely Town.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You know raziek made a lynch pool to avoid the scrambling that we are in now right? Kuz is not the play. Its way too opportunistic giving his 2 mod votes and I don't like how nabe brought his lynch to the table.
This is a very good point.

Top Bottom