• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
The first thing has raised caution was asking for Werekill's race. First off, it's completely unwarranted and there is really no reason to ask this unless he had a specific reason. I see no possible town gain from knowing Werekill's race. OS feel free to tell me why finding out his race of all things was so important. To justify asking he posts this:

Well you said that you would if I gave you a reason.

What if I told you I could investigate a certain race, but if I got another race I'd get the wrong alignment, thus making this a difficult power to use?
First of all, this post is all WIFOM. I'm actually upset Werekill bought this and gave his race. Seeing Xastrn's flip which gives random information (assuming what he said about his role is true) gives scum more information and then they can look up information about a different player. Second he never says it's his role which is another reason I'm surprised Werekill gave his race. If what OS said is true, then he basically claimed to some sort of cop.

Next, it has to deal with OS not giving any information.

You'll get what I give you. So no.
Raziek asked OS to answer something and this is how he replied. This question wasn't towards OS claiming anything about himself. Just his thoughts. There's no reason for town to flat out say "I'm not gonna tell you what I think."

What reason do I have to answer your questions Raziek, and are your questions going to help determine mine or others alignments? What reasoning has brought you to this point?

Solid can very well avoid my questions should he so desire. I'll just kill him for it. You have no such power over me.
The 1st bit of this is has to deal with a tons of WIFOM Overswarm is using. Most of his posts are filled with it and the amount he has used D1 is incredibly scummy. The second part has to deal with what would happen if Werekill refuses. You're really gonna kill him for not claiming his race while you have no justification for him to claim it?

There's also Xastrn's scum flip. As I showed he doesn't like giving information when he doesn't want to. Then I stumbled upon this:

I asked OS for the chart and he posted it. that doesn't mean that i was responsible for analyzing it out loud with everyone, does it? I love that chart, and I'd like OS to post updates every 48 hours or so, to keep it fresh for us.
When I have time. I'm not too particularly interested in it at the moment, given that I have work and dark souls.
So you're not willing to give your thoughts and answer a simple question for Raziek, but you made a bunch of WIFOM charts for Xastrn and you weren't against updating them. There's definitely something that smells between these interactions.

Last is a meta argument. You are someone who, at least as town, likes to take charge of things which you haven't done. Also the whole passing power thing isn't you at all, but it can definitely shed a nice light on you.

Your play smells Overswarm.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nabe's post about raziek made me grin.

In Orlando for MLG. Limited internet activity.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantrip, why did you fail to hammer? Better question: why did you only dislike Xastrn after the claim? It felt like you felt like you had to say something so that you didn't look like you were way for Xastrn, but you couldn't really think of anything other than questioning the claim. I don't like that, especially when it was combined with your fake hammer that didn't really kill Xastrn; maybe you didn't have the balls to completely bus your partner.
Did you even read? J wanted to hammer because he said he never got to hammer before. I was going to hammer but let him do it. Does it make that much of a difference? The intent was obviously there. I disliked Xastrn before his claim. Again, did you even read? Xastrn and Circus were my major scumpicks, and for a time I (and I wasn't the only one. See interactions between J, Raziek, and I) thought Xastrn's posts were getting better and voted for Circus. NEVER did my suspicion clear, and when Xastrn's claim came out looking mighty suspicious, it was obvious who to vote for.

So yeah, basically, your interaction with Xastrn seemed weak, blabbity blah blah.
First off: Is interacting less with a player indicative of alignment? Does it indicate that if one is scum the other must be? I think this is WIFOM enough to begin with. However, you can then take into account that I actually addressed Xastrn a number of times. If you want to make assumptions like this when you already missed out on major points in your reading, perhaps you should reconsider.

Also:

I love how you picked 3 inactives, a newbie, and a random-but-decently controversial player without even including me in your list. Didn't you find me scummy enough to FoS me? This just seems like a hurried, forced list of fake scummies.
I addressed this before Xastrn's flip. I said "considering Xastrn didn't really get bussed, I assume scummates lie in inactives/newbies/lesser-spoken players", or something along those lines. The fact that he flipped scum and my point became validated seemed like a fair enough reason to post the same thoughts again.

You and Circus looked better to me after Xastrn flipped scum. I've got my eye on you still, Werekill, but I think you're just playing a bit aggressively. I implore you to read again and look at key parts of Day 1 before you jump on me as you are, because I can already tell that you missed things.

So in combination with your general bad play (chainsaw chainsaw chainsaw guyz they're chainsawing!) and your wishy-washy opinions (you went from hating Circus to disliking Xastrn out of nowhere, and you refused to hammer), I'll Vote: Kantrip.
I may have been wrong with my chainsaw accusations but, even if I was, that doesn't mean it was unwarranted. I got reactions from that and the subsequent posts certainly helped in getting relationship reads. Care to show me where my opinionis were wishy-washy? Perhaps I could clarify if I understood what you were getting at.

I had Circus and Xastrn as my lynch pool, with you as my FoS, Circus' alignment pending. Considering Xastrn (one of the two people in my lynch pool) flipped scum, does that not have the potential to change reads at all? Seriously, you're jumping down my throat for what?

For having different reads than I had D1? Puh-lease.

Also, I didn't refuse to hammer at all. In fact, I was about to hammer until J came in and asked if he could do the honors. Again, make sure you've read what you're making assumptions about.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Also something I didn't point out in my first post: In OS's list of who can live and who can die Xastrn was on it. I don't see why he wanted him to live of all people.

@Solid - thoughts on Razieks claim?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Werekill, don't bother responding to my post about Kantrip now, since he seems to have covered the most of it.

Kantrip and Inferno, if you could comment on what I've said about Raziek, thanks.
About him being scum? Awful and a very weak argument. Also Jim isn't a goon. He could find out random information about people (assuming his claim is true).

You must have missed where I said we're not discussing this until Raziek is in-thread.
I did miss this.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Kantrip, hey there. I'd like to hear what you think about what I said about Raziek.
Do you mean wrt the whole janitor thing? I don't know what to make of it. I'm getting it as a null "slip" (if it is a slip).

I'm assuming janitor is a scum role that cleans up the body so no flip occurs?

I'm keeping an eye on Raziek still, mostly because I didn't like his D1 coasting, but I'm not going to jump at your back and forth with him.

Vote: John2k4

Hey John, why didn't you bus your scummate? Did you decide to just let him die because you didn't know how to save him?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
About him being scum? Awful and a very weak argument. Also Jim isn't a goon. He could find out random information about people (assuming his claim is true).
Oh, you're right.
Despite that, are you sure you've understood my argument? Considering that calling it awful without elaboration isn't a statement that suggests comprehension, I don't think you have.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
The reason I see it as bad is that your argument has little to no substance. Also now knowing what a janitor is, the fact that there is no flip just shows his sense of observation. One question about janitor. Do we ever get to see T-Block's flip? Maybe after the janitor is killed.

Kantrip

Kantplay
No I'm not sure I understood your intent. You obviously think Raziek is scum, as you've had this read on him and you say you have a case against him, as well. It seems to me you wanted to gauge how Raz reacted to your pressure about the janitor/abductor statement, but I'm not really sure what you hoped to accomplish, sorry.

I think I'm going to lose the race :(

Kantrip

Kantplay
John and Xastrn had a lot of fluffy conversations. I don't like it.

Also, you may notice that the only people John made an effort to actively answer questions of were Xastrn and SOLID.

@J, Raziek, Nabe: what do you think the chances are of this being the scumteam?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I've got a few possible-scum on my list, but I am not going to place a vote just yet.
Expect a post from me in the nearish future. Was out and about all day, just did a quick skim of what I missed but I'll be rereading in more detail now.

Quick thoughts: Still could go for Panta, seems to be picking a little too much on the obvious guy for my liking. Seems like he just wants an easy way out so he doesn't die. I've been in the position before but I don't like his attempt at a way out.

I'd like input from John. 274 is stupidly unspecific. Go into more detail.

Will be back with more in a bit.
Liking Solid a bit more for this.

Solid himself is starting to intrigue me, he's suddenly launching at me..
Alright Solid.

My two scumpicks so far would be Red and Panta.

Red was quick to fake a daycop, calling out Were. He could either be scum, trying to act like town and seem intelligible towards the vote, or he could be town, trying to throw the scum off. my gut is leaning toward scum.

Panta seems like he could be a scum scapegoat to me. They could be using him as the second lynch to cause the town to firmly pick a primary lynch, so that he does not get picked.
These are the easiest scumpicks to make ever.
I can't be lynched unless I want to be lynched. Trust me on that one.

John2k4 is town or one of the worst scum players I've ever seen. One or the other. I'd lean towards town.

You'll get more later when I'm done watching Braveheart.
Overswarm probably right.
It's alright, nothing to be concerned about. Just trying to further my information.
Right.

You're scum.
Starting to agree, but could just be really awful Town.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Goddamnit John, you ninja'd me.

Except I think Solid is actually a little better.

Circus, can has your census results?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Circus, can you please share what you find about me to be definitive "scum"? From what I've seen, you just had a quick beginning vote, possibly influenced by my lack of early posts. Since then, you have been steadfast in that I am scum...posting without hesitation. I still haven't gotten a full explanation as to why.

Circus seems a bit too quick on the "SCUM!" draw...

Vote: Circus
Hrnrnrnghghghh....

Kantrip

Kantplay
Nabe, I can probably go over a bit more later, I've got to go out.

For now I'll just share the following tidbits: Xastrn's RvS vote was on John, and he said later that he "wouldn't take it off until John convinced him". I didn't see any convincing, but Xast sure took his vote off. Bad distancing?

SOLID displayed a dislike of John on a number of occasions. He constantly said posts by him were bad or unspecific. There are some other examples I can't remember at this moment in time.
Slightly beter distancing?

Then, there's the fact that John ignored just about all non-fluffy questions by everyone. The exceptions were when SOLID or Xastrn asked him something. This is when he would answer, and he even went to say one time "I'm trying to answer your questions" to SOLID. This shows that he's making an effort to answer SOLID's questions where the same effort was evidently lacking elsewhere.

I am more than fine with my vote on John for now. As bad as his play has been (regardless of alignment), I'm getting some indications of scum.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Okay, let's do that. There's a good chance that Dabuz will become a priority for me toDay. What do you think of him?

His comment on T-block's non-flip strikes me kind of the same way Raziek's comment seems to strike you, which is why I quoted it. Something about the way he used the word "abducted" almost makes it sound like he knows that's what happened. He didn't say "Abductor? What's that?" He said "abducted? So T-block's alive but he can't post? I've never heard of an Abductor." Fishy, fishy.
WHY DO MAJORA'S MASK GAMES ALWAYS HAVE A JAN/ABDUCTOR.

Rage. Ok, re-reading with presumably dead T-Block and ScumXastrn in mind.
Oh look T-Block died/abducted N1, like that never happens ever.
We can't vote him, he either was abducted or NK'd and janitored, which means he don't know.

Abducted? Does that mean they are still alive but can't post? Never played a game with abductor and its not a role mentioned on the mafiascum wiki

I highlighted the text in pink where Circus changed what was written.

Next thing to point out is the reason i didn't say: "Abductor? What's that?" I guessed at the description because in the context of the word's meaning, what RR said, and how Mafia is played, it seems like the probable power.

Will get to case on Nabe tomorrow.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Could you go back and read Nasty a bit? I'd like to know when you think he accepted his lynch, because I suspect that he stopped fighting his lynch earlier than it looks.
It's possible that he went through various stages of grief, but I'd say the surest time is probably his 1241 or 1246. Up until that point, he was still trying to argue that he would be able to prove his ability was real and hoping that might save him. I don't know how convincing he really expected that to be, but he seemed to be giving it an honest shot. Before 1246, at least, I think he still thought he would be able to live one more Day. But he offers to be Cop'd in his 1241, so I'm sure he didn't expect to live until endgame. This would make distancing Solidscum feasible.

Basically, I think my claim and the events immediately afterward cemented him as the lynch, but he knew that he would be a future lynch long before that, and acted accordingly. Solid can be a focus toDay.

Goddamnit John, you ninja'd me.

Except I think Solid is actually a little better.

Circus, can has your census results?
Last Night was actually an interesting Night in that regard. I'd kind of like to know what provoked you to claim before I say anything though.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh yeah Circus, thanks for reminding me. I was going to mention something about Xastrn's case on Solid. When you look through it, it is pretty apparent how forced it is, right? It was also so late in the day that Xastrn probably felt pretty comfortable giving that bad case against Solid knowing that solid wouldn't be lynched for it.
More bad distancing but slightly better than his distancing from John distancing?

I think so.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Raziek is just pointing out what has happened. T-block died without a flip, therefore it can be assumed that there's a janitor/abductor. This doesn't make him scum. You can make the same assumption for that if nobody dies a night, then there is either a BP or a doc. Stating it proves nothing.

#HBC | Nabe

Raziek is just pointing out what has happened. T-block died without a flip, therefore it can be assumed that there's a janitor/abductor. This doesn't make him scum. You can make the same assumption for that if nobody dies a night, then there is either a BP or a doc. Stating it proves nothing.
So you don't understand what my argument is, then.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Alright, trying to catch up via phone...

Raziek - I'll fill that in when I get home, and can use a proper web browser...so give me an hour or so.
:phone:
He gets back to me on this, but in horrible manner.
And that's why I think your opinion of me is dumb. You admit to having more information than is currently public knowledge with regards to the importance of name and race, yet you hold this against me like I should also be aware of it when there's no reason that should be the case.

This is why I dismiss your "case." And this is also why you should not be surprised that I do so.
Not terribly relevant, but I find this hilarious given Circus' claimed role.
Hi Ryu why'dya vote OS?

Raz, what do you think about John?

Nabe, you got that answer yet?
Raz I'll get my reads in a bit, but won't be commenting on claim until you give me a reason to.
:phone:
T-Block: Was fast to jump on the Werekill bandwagon, can be fluffy at times. Reads things carefully.

J: Experienced at these kind of things, investigates bandwagons/theories thoroughly and doesn't jump to conclusions. Almost seems too friendly at times, but that could be good. Not much fluff here.

OS: Fluffy, The Fallback Lynch proposal was interesting. Seems logical at times.

Frio: Not much in the way of content, I'm leaning towards noobtown. Was quick to just go for Panta after getting caught up, with no discussion as to past events. As with me, one of the newer people to the Mafia scene.

Not wanting to give this out so quickly. Give me a reason why you need it.
Useless.
If you want a plain and simple read, have at it.

T-Block: Town

J: Most likely town.

Frio: Seems to be noobtown.
More useless.
That didn't answer my question. This entire game you've been getting by with posting very little actual content, and that's not about to keep up. I don't think you've posted your views on anyone's post in the entire game. u scum or...?
John, it's requiring much too much effort on the parts of myself and others to get anything out of you, and I do not like that one bit.
This is why I like Solid.
Alright, both Circus and Solid seem to be heavily targeting me, and my thoughts is that I am one of the newer people to the Mafia scene. Start trying to put me on the spot, try to get me to panic and reveal x details that you will then proceed to use as an impact tool. Being new, I will not know how to react to it, and therefore will cause more doubt with myself.
Noob-card.
Being new is no excuse for not posting content, and Circus and I are definitely not the only ones who've asked for you to provide content. Hell, look at the post above yours.
I want to point out that I have been looking at John for content for a while now. There's this post from two days ago and this post from a little earlier. Don't think is something that's just come out of nowhere. And I don't think he's given me anything when I've asked for content all game either.

Panta, where are you? Thoughts on Raziek, if you ever come back to this game.

Personally not liking Raziek much after seeing him talk with OS. Looking at the votecount I see 4 people with 2 or 3 votes on them, how 2 wagons could be pulled out of that I'm not sure.

RR, did you ever answer my question about why you're voting OS?
Solid's defense of his stance on John sits really well with me now.
That would be 17.

RR's seems to only be using the gif fooling a couple times to get that 24hr post. However, the whole faked Daycop thing has put my FOS on him.
More useless.
Will go look for it, must have been one of the ones I was trying to read from my phone. :/
Top 3 scum picks:
1. Circus
2. OS
3. Red Ryu

My thought is: If it doesn't need to be known, and I do not have enough of a reason to post it, the information requested will stay with me. Don't want it coming back to bite me in the rear later on, one way or another.

Yes I voted early on you, but I have become very confident in the vote with the points that have been thrown around, in that you were lightning fast to latch on to me, and cry scum to the entire kingdom. You seemed almost overeager to have me voted on.
Note that two of those are people Xastrn was pushing. On top of that, Werekill already covered why this post is hella scummy, I believe.

That's not a reason to skim/skip his posts...just try pasting the text into Notepad or something.
They're simple answer questions...I've been trying to answer yours in the past though. :/
Not only his, I've honestly tried to answer the last few directed at me.
Two umad, a few animated ones, and some chewing of something...

Pretty odd, Red. :p
So useless.
RR has been full of pure fluff lately. Hard to read off of just that.
THE IRONY.
Doing my catching up for the day, but for now...

Unvote
I don't think he ever gets back with anything meaningful.
*Solid rolls random tiny post*
No info.
small questions.
none of these questions are leading the town towards a likely lynch.
This is more of the same: throwaway posts intending to appear active and inquisitive. Have you noticed that Solid isn't following these questions up with dialogue as people answer? it's as if he has no intention of these posts leading him anywhere...hmm.

This is one of Solid's best posts of the game. But when you look at it, it is all "middling." the "okay good haha" feels artificial, like he's trying to feel friendly.

he's responding to J again. only J and raz seem to be able to get him to post anything because they are both asking him specific questions.

+1 to both of them.

Each sentence in that paragraph is a weak collection of words that doesn't add up to anything. He even ends with a "meh things have changed...don't hold me accountable to this weak stance."

It's as if he's afraid of what he's saying. The reason I think solid is so hesitant to put himself out there is because he is lying when he gives reads on people and he's having to make them up as he goes along.

more brown-nosing to J

saying nothing in these two statements. Lots of qualifiers like "i don't know...."

More qualifiers on everything: "I agree but at the same time...", "i suppose", "yeah overall i can agree"...

scum tell. I always look for people saying "fair enough" or "true enough" as a scum slip. it's a subtle way to agree and get away with changing your position on something.

This is still subjective, your reads are different from Circus'.

I disagree here, I think John/Frio have come off as opportunistic, but I do agree that he's going pretty hard for something of that nature.

Then the rest is fine, and I can agree that Circus' response to the pressure by you and Raz hasn't been the best.

But yeah overall I just don't think it's that strong. It seems like a lot of it stems from disagreeing on John and Frio, and some subjective stuff that basically amounts to disagreements in reads. After rereading though I'm kind of split on the case, the general gist of it I disagree with but there's parts that I do agree with that make me a bit more uneasy about Circus, such as some of his assumptions and refutations of your case. I still think he's town though, at this point.

more qualifiers loading up this rare paragraph:
"but yeah overall..."
"I just dont think..."
"It seems like..."
"i'm kind of split on the case"
" the general gist i disagree with but there's parts that i do agree with"
"a bit more uneasy"
"at this point."

wow this whole paragraph is literally FULL of qualifiers and half stances in both directions.

PR fishing. Scummy!

qualifiers:
"in my opinion"
"could have been scummy but..."
"leaning town for now ,but i want to see..."

weak.

He went from "leaning town" to "i'll be watching him".

This is the first time he said he'd be watching him. He added that here so he wouldn't have to strongly disagree with someone, or to back off slightly from his town read in case he needed to later.

Irony

IRONY

irony

Doesn't like raziek now. Raz is one of the only ones pulling content out Solid, and now solid doesn't like him for his interactions with OS, which most of us were ok with. I wonder if Raz was doing anything threatening to Solid's playstyle of "reveal nothing, be passive."...

Another example of post padding. I skipped a few more. do a search if you want to see the ones I skipped.

Wow hilarious. I added the red coloring to highlight things that made me chuckle.

Allow me to paraphrase:

" +1 to my vote count ya'll. see you tomorrow!"

At this point, Solid's true post count is probably down to 34-36. 2 more post pads followed this one that night.

ZOIKS. look at this back peddling. He got pressure for his stance on kantrip, which looked like a pretty hard stance in the above post...suddenly, he's already planning on removing that vote?

Solid, you are scum.

qualifiers:

"cloudy"
"i think his case is decent at best"
"yeah i could see..."
"could be scum possibly..."
"but for now he's ok...."
"actually now that i reread.."
"I don't know..."
"i'll get back to you..."

unvote
vote: Solid
This is a big part of why I like Solid, given Xastrn's flip.

I bet circus is scum with solid.

Implicating for later mislynch.
well, in this game it might because people are getting away with whatever they want. OS is right that scum is going to win this game. We're getting flat out outplayed, and there's a quicktopic full of laughs someplace out there.
HURRRRRR :awesome:
You've still got my FoS, Circus. I removed my vote from you for now, because those couple uber-long posts got me considering a new vote for the time being.

I've posted my few reads many, many pages back (I think when Solid was asking for them). You are free to go treasure hunting for them; it's late and I don't feel like trawling through the posts.

I'll be honest with you - I'm seriously considering the Xastrn wagon that's currently rolling.

I've been trying to answer most of your questions, so I'm not sure about this one. :/
Welp. Those posts have gotten me to
Vote: Xastrn
Oh god look at this catchup. Calling late scumbuddy-jump on Xastrn.
The main post was Circus's 1088.
And I completely missed the question with that quick reply, great. :/

Circus brought up a number of good points in his post(Mainly dropping that Solid vote), and Solid's dissection helped further it.
Don't get me wrong, Circus still has my FoS, but with the posts that he, Solid, and a couple others made, I honestly feel that Xastrn is a better D1 lynch.
J you went and changed your avatar; I thought for a second that Panta had made a flood of posts.... :p
If he's bussing Xastrn, then it looks like he might have gotten his buddy killed. I wasn't going to go off of just Circus's reads/post, but with Solid's elaboration on the Xas topic, I felt confident in giving my vote to Xas.

J, do you think this wagon's gonna go through and take out Xas? Or will it shift to someone else?
Not sure. I'd like to see Xas gone, he's got scum coming out of everywhere. However, my FoS is on Circus due to his tunneling on the inactive and new. Yes, he might be bussing Xas, but I don't think that's the case.
Holy gods the fluff.
Will get to that in a bit Circus, finishing my re-read first.
And.... done.

Raziek
Overswarm
¯\_S.([FONT=&quot]ツ[/FONT]).L.I.D._/¯
Panta
Red Ryu
dabuz
Nabe
Circus
Werekill

John2k4
Kantrip
J
Inferno3044

vote: John2k4

#HBC | Nabe

I don't think it's confusing.
There's an implicit truth statement here: Majora's Mask games always have a jan or abductor. This is a weird statement in and of itself, because there's only been one Majora's Mask game so far. But what seems to be more relevant is the inclusion of the janitor in your statement -- while it could be your own comment on not knowing what role caused the ??? flip, why would you consciously or unconsciously include the janitor in this truth statement?
I don't suggest that what you've said is you directly stating the presence of a janitor in this game. What I suggest is that what you've said suggests knowledge of a janitor's presence in this game, since you implicitly formed a proposition around it.
This is very detailed and explanatory.

Raz, please don't respond more right this second, thanks.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I am done re:John, but I'm not in any particular mood to talk about my claim. Not until I've heard from more people.

Top Bottom