• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Major] "The Power of One" ~ Vid Channel links 1st post + Montage by Dekar

What days are you attending?

• Total voters

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
when you random you get a cancel anyway, so if you're ICs and you end up on FoD then you just cancel it. so you still end up on YS DL64 or battlefield.

fox's recovery DOES have more range in ntsc though not much.
Actually, fox's recovery is slightly longer in NTSC ;)

And certainly his ability to kill being nerfed doesn't make FD a favourable stage for Jigglypuff >.>
My mistake on Fox's recovery I guess.

And if I get a cancel, it should actually say that on the rule-set.

What reason is there NOT to use stage striking anyway?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Grim, I'll just say two things I've established before:

1) I do agree with you on most parts. I agree that a lot of decisions made with rulesets are arbitrary. I've tried to explain "XXX stage is campy, so what?", however:

2) I'm not going to force my own competitive values onto people. As a responsible TO I don't wish to have more liberal stage lists because other people don't find them 'fun'. They don't 'like' playing on Norfair or PS2. If I had it my way, we'd be playing on every legal stage under the most recent revision of the brawl official ruleset. But, I'd rather make the community happy, than unhappy.

The point is reinforced by the fact that it's a major tournament.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
My mistake on Fox's recovery I guess.

And if I get a cancel, it should actually say that on the rule-set.

What reason is there NOT to use stage striking anyway?
Well some characters are bad and would rather take the lucky chance of getting a stage in their favour than strike.

>.>

Another problem is that random can be rigged, because it never repeats a stage until it's gone through all the stages turned on.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Right, but your opinion is more credible than it? ;)

Erm... Fox's recovery has no added range >_>

And the ability to kill slightly earlier doesn't affect it THAT much. I think the difference between his Up Smash in both versions is like... 13% or something?
showing your "intelligence" off I see, it's not the percentage that makes it heaps better btw... it's the knockback >_>

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
no, but fly_amanita also agrees that the current matchup chart is bad and he just beat hungrybox so his opinion definitely has credit.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/516492-super-smash-bros-melee/57660934?page=1&tc=Slashtap#p051
I never said that the match-up chart was good.

I don't see how it is any less relevant than your claim though.

Oh, and no dis-respect to Fly, but him beating HBox was pretty... flukey. I hate to john for him but he wasn't playing as well as he normally does that day. This is evidenced by his poor placing.

Whether this is because people are learning the Puff match-up or because he was playing badly has yet to be seen.

Can you please
Sure.

Poke Floats is a very strong counter-pick for Fox that promotes run-away camping, wall camping and over-all campy play.

Corneria has a permanent wall which Fox can infinite on. It also has a very strong camping position and a very low blast-zone. The culmination of these things make it ban-worthy.

Mute City is a VERY strong counter-pick for Peach and Jigglypuff. The lack of ledges on the main platform coupled with their excellent recoveries twists a lot of match-ups in their favour and forces a ban, which takes depth away from the counter-pick system.

Grim, I'll just say two things I've established before:

1) I do agree with you on most parts. I agree that a lot of decisions made with rulesets are arbitrary. I've tried to explain "XXX stage is campy, so what?", however:

2) I'm not going to force my own competitive values onto people. As a responsible TO I don't wish to have more liberal stage lists because other people don't find them 'fun'. They don't 'like' playing on Norfair or PS2. If I had it my way, we'd be playing on every legal stage under the most recent revision of the brawl official ruleset. But, I'd rather make the community happy, than unhappy.
Fair enough, I guess. Though that is my single most hated argument now. First Wobbling, now this. I sometimes forget we are playing a competitive game here.
But I really doubt the community wants Pictochat legal :p

showing your "intelligence" off I see, it's not the percentage that makes it heaps better btw... it's the knockback >_>
I made a mistake, so I'm suddenly unintelligent?

And I was talking about the percentage for when it KOs.

showing your "intelligence" off I see

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
still. fly beat hungrybox. that's no easy feat even if he was a bit off. hbox still placed highly at that tournament. fly also beat lucky. his opinion definitely counts. it's relevant because the matchup chart is bad and fly says so and fly's opinion on things counts.

fox can't infinite on the corneria wall, it's weird slope prevents it iirc.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Nope.
A lot of people like that stage.
Hm, you guys are weird.
You can hate one stage because of random hazards (Green Greens) but like another.

aahh gad.. fox has same recovery?? advantage over jiggs.. the stupidity is doing my head in >_<
The recovery change is apparently so small it's negligible.

And Fox DOES have an advantage over Jigglypuff. What are you on about?

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
oh god.. om... nah srsly.. omgad

show me the last time a fox beat jiggs on fd..

dont compare that matchup chart either.. if wer using those rules then shouldn't fox win every match ever seeing as he's top tier?

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Misinterpreting someone's bad wording isn't an sign of being unintelligent btw, saying things like you know them and getting corrected is though (that's 2 mistakes btw, 1 more strike and you're out :oneeye:)

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Corneria still massively helps camping, and makes 1% leads way more important than they should be.
Not to mention randomly being shot from something that you can't see.....

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Nope.
A lot of people like that stage.
Hm, you guys are weird.
You can hate one stage because of random hazards (Green Greens) but like another.

oh god.. om... nah srsly.. omgad

show me the last time a fox beat jiggs on fd..

dont compare that matchup chart either.. if wer using those rules then shouldn't fox win every match ever seeing as he's top tier?
Fox DOES have an advantage over Jigglypuff. What are you on about? I'm finding a video now. It's difficult when the only Puff who seems to have played on FD is Mango.

And what are you talking about? I never said that an advantage = winning every match.

and who is it apparent too?? some scrub kid in South Australia who's never vs'd a decent melee player?
*Sigh*
My skills at playing the game are not related to my ability to craft a competitive rule-set.

And noob would be the word you're looking for, scrub means something else.

EDIT:
Videos of Fox beating Puff on FD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lykF575Yqjs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvFi4PUBzfA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vujZtyn8LbQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLCWEL-MjAI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgnYlYefH6E

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
While I have to agree that corneria and mute city are gay stages, I also have to add that nobody cares. When it comes tourney time stupid rules aren't going to mean anything to the outcome of the tourney.

Top Bottom