• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maining luigi.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Just letting you all know, I'm going to be the best luigi EVAR.

Also, what is the most common secondary characters for Luigi mainers?

I'm just guessing shiek.

Steak.

:093:

WIGI

Smash Champion
uhm, ive secondaryied jiggs pretty much the whole time, but i now tertiary marth. alot of luigi mainsers ive seen second jiggs and falcon.

my low tier is ness XD

since luigi an no longer participate in low tier matches.

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
sheik is lamee.

almost as bad as metaknight.
thats what i used to think, but u can make her awsome.
shes got potential to be more than a 3 hit combo *****.

i havent practiced luigi much so i cant contribute to the main convo lol.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Shiek's definitely easy mode but I mean, she handles Marth so well if you know what you're doing. It's definitely worth using her for at least that match up.

:093:

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah aside from Cactuar and M2K, the only Marth I lost to recently was HBK (he is underrated and very good) in a close pools set. I can play a lot of random low tiers at a decent level, but for sheik I have been using fox. Against Marth, Falco and Jiggs I usually try to stick it out with Luigi,

Looking at Luigi's troublesome matchups Falco, Marth, and Sheik, I would say a decent fox or falco is your best bet as a secondary. Falcon, Jiggs or Doc is a decent choice as well. I would suggest Falco because Marth and Falco are both very feasible matches for Luigi if you want to main the plumber. Sheik on the other hand is just gay and Falco is probably sheik'd worst matchup.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
A lot of people seem to think that. Marth players have a much harder time being safe against Luigi. I get a free grab if I shield an F smash from Marth. Marth is also more susceptible to wave dash side step and wave dash shield approaches. Also, Marth's grab against Luigi isn't as useful.

Sheik is very safe against Luigi. She can needle camp, ledge camp and do gay grab stuff. Compared to Marth, she edge guards better, has a gay projectile, has a better grab combos and her primary killing moves hits horizontally which is much worse for Luigi's recovery.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Falcon does well against Marth and if you can mold him to finish a stock off a grab agaisnt a Sheik then he's a great secondary

At least, that's what I've heard and that's what some people like Ka M do a lot. Falco is tough but a mix of Luigi and Falcon could tame him.

Either way, Sheik is the worst and the only way to truly stop Sheik is with a space animal. Though, space animals beat everything so why bother with that?

Jiggs, Marth and Sheik can be good sencondaries too. And of course ICs are fun... nvm that's just me >_>

Top Bottom