• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Magikarp Declares War on Grimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Sorry Serris, but forum-wide wars between the BRoom and various factions that conspire against us cannot be resolved in a single day.

They're not fun like that.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Guys, I figured it out.

Magikarp = Pokémon = Grimer
Magikarp = Subject of spam = Grimer
Magikarp = Slimy = Grimer
Magikarp = Smells of fish = Grimer
Magikarp = Occupies space = Grimer
Magikarp = Fetish = Grimer

Magikarp = Grimer.

Magikarp + Grimer = Everything.
I wonder where you got this idea from. <_<

Chaco

Never Logs In
I agree with Fox, **** Adam should chose Paris we coulg all get high of off him.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Magikarp turns level 20!
Magikarp evolves into Gyrados!
Gyrados uses Hydro Pump!
Grimer got owned!

Sorry to break it to ya, BRoomers. Magikarp wins this one. Nice try though.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
So you concede that Magikarp sucks, and that Gyarados is a true Pokemon?

Not that Gyarados is better than Grimer, but that's another point entirely.

*EDIT* Remember,

does not equal
!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
No, that Magikarp has more power within him and that Grimer is destined to suck forever.

Also, Splash is too good.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Remember, Gyrados evolves from Magikarp

So believe it or not, Magikarp does equal Gyrados, McFox

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Sorry, but I'm not going to be accepting that argument, because it's ridiculous. If you guys are supporting Magikarp, at least have resolve in your beliefs. Gyarados is not Magikarp, just like humans aren't single-celled organisms (for more than half an hour).

Chaco

Never Logs In
This is pretty **** stupid now.

Karp=/=Gyrados

Karp is a baller.

Gyrados sucks giant Karp ****.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Pokemon evolution is less natural evolution than "physical change representing a growth or alteration in maturity". Just as I, now, slightly resemble my baby form, I am much, much more physically and mentally matured. That's what a Gyarados is, a Magikarp that has gone through many struggles and hence, has matured to the level of a giant ****ing sea serpent.

The verdict: Magikarp = Gyarados; and you, McFox, are wrong.

Magikarp as an individual Pokemon, apart from its larger form, is still the all-time best thing ever.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Man so the Magikarp people are all arguing for their evolution, while the BRoom stays true to our pokemon because our pokemon is actually worth something. Ouch.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, some have converted to Gyrados aparently. <.<;

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Spire III, what you're describing is not evolution, but maturation and growth in an individual. While you might say that the individual Magikarp is yes, growing and etc., a Gyarados is not an adult Magikarp. If it was, it would still be called Magikarp, wouldn't it?

All I'm asking is that you people stick to your convictions here. I mean, I know Paras is slower and weaker than Parasect (and most of the other Pokemon), but you don't see me arguing evolution do you? Because Paras is my main man, and Parasect can go #$%^ himself. And I don't need to list Parasect on a list of reasons why Paras is awesome.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
2) Grimer<Gyarados<all<Magikarp (<Zelda<cats)
You do not want to bring the infamous 'cat group' into this, because they will most definitely side with the Grimers. Seeing as how both Tom and Wak are grimers, Ankoku is closely affiliated with the Grimers by being Smash Back Room material, etc. You don't want that at all.

Also, Grimers > Magikraps, and if you don't believe it, then tough dolphins ni99a, because thats life.

Real talk, shawty. Scream at me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Karp will go Bob Barker on yo' ***, and spay and nueter.

Screamt...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here's the thing. Gyarados was brought into the equation, and to debunk McFox, I merely stated my thesis. It is sad that some have switched their reliance on Gyarados to bash Grimer, and while both Grimer and Muk are wonderful, delicious Pokemon, Magikarp contains mass amounts of Omega 3 and magic. Of course, there would be no Gyarados without Magikarp, so obviously the floundering carp wins.

Here's some more great reasons as to why Magikarp bests Grimer:
  • Magikarp has been sold at a much higher price because people obviously adore the fish; never has it been overpriced.
  • Magikarp can learn splash; Grimer cannot learn splash.
  • Magikarp hatches about four times faster than a Grimer, so it can grow faster, exists in far greater numbers, and can feed the world.
  • Strangely, both Magikarp and Grimer are 2'11", but Magikarp is 22 lbs, while Grimer is 66.1 lbs; Magikarp is much more physically fit and just as it has survived for trillions of years, it will continue to do so for trillions more and will surpass the death of the Universe.

Chaco

Never Logs In
If it smells like ****, tastes like ****, and looks like ****....

.....then it's a Grimer.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire III, what you're describing is not evolution, but maturation and growth in an individual. While you might say that the individual Magikarp is yes, growing and etc., a Gyarados is not an adult Magikarp. If it was, it would still be called Magikarp, wouldn't it?
Well, it's the same reason a baby is called a baby, and an adult an adult. They are in the same family, and while your body has replaced just about every cell by the time you reach adulthood, so has Magikarp replaced all of its cells as it has grown into an adult-form Magikarp, who is called a Gyarados for distinguishing purposes.

A caterpillar goes through metamorphosis to become a butterfly, transforming into an entirely different looking creature, but that is not evolution; that is maturity. Magikarp, and the majority of Pokemon all go through metamorphosis to reach adult form, as do all real-world animals, but in different processes. While we do not enter a cocoon, the teenage years serve as our cocoon, changing us from adolescent to adult, and hence, we reach a new stage just as Pokemon do through "evolution".

True evolution, however, is the long-term mutation of a species as a whole, not as an individual. Shiny Pokemon may be seen as mutations, and hence, catalysts to evolution in the Pokemon world.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
[*]Magikarp hatches about four times faster than a Grimer, so it can grow faster, exists in far greater numbers, and can feed the world.[/list]
Magicarp have been proven to be totally inedible, being just scale and bones.

Well, it's the same reason a baby is called a baby, and an adult an adult. They are in the same family, and while your body has replaced just about every cell by the time you reach adulthood, so has Magikarp replaced all of its cells as it has grown into an adult-form Magikarp, who is called a Gyarados for distinguishing purposes.
By that logic "Humans" should be still called "Apes"

We aren't, and neither are they.

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school

Well I don't feel like getting into this argument, but because I'm a biology nerd:

Copy/paste:
Ape is a common English word denoting any non-human member of the Hominoidea superfamily of primates. In taxonomy, it is sometimes used as a synonym for Hominoidea, which includes humans,...
Under the current classification system there are two families of hominoids:

* the family Hylobatidae consists of 4 genera and 13 species of gibbons, including the Lar Gibbon and the Siamang, collectively known as the lesser apes.
* the family Hominidae consisting of orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, and humans, collectively known as the great apes.

Thank-you Wikipedia =D

Spire

III
BRoomer
Magicarp have been proven to be totally inedible, being just scale and bones.

On the contrary, we are apes; one of the four last "Great Apes" of the world, alongside Chimpanzees, Gorillas, and Orangutans. Yes, we are mentally superior to our cousins, but we remain apes and that cannot be denied. So are we a different species? Sure, but we evolved from them over the course of thousands -- millions of years. That's evolution. In the time it takes for a Pokemon to evolve into another Pokemon, true evolution could not have taken place - unless of course, the Pokemon world has extreme time-compression. It is merely a form of metamorphosis seen in Pokemon.

We are a type of ape called Human. Magikarp/Gyarados are a type of fish, and are cousins to Feebas/Milotic (come on, now THAT'S a surefire sign of metamorphosis, not evolution), Goldeen/Seaking, and all the other fish Pokemon out there. There are no halfway-Pokemon linking Magikarp to Feebas or Goldeen, and that's because those families have survived through many, many years, unlike any past "bridge-Pokemon" to establish a living link. Just as our human-like cousins died off, and the bridges between us and Chimpanzees remain only in the bones of our ancestors, Pokemon have split into separate, but related families through evolution. A direct change in form from one Pokemon to another is not evolution, it is metamorphosis.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Actually Gyarados is a Dragon type pokemon while Magikarp is a fish type. So technically they both aren't fish.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Spire, I don't agree with your baby /adult analogy, but I will concede to you on the catepillar / butterfly thing.

However, Grimer is still awesome.

:088: !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom