• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MAGfest presents, Brawl/Melee tournament at MAGfest 7!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Dag JCaesar is a playa

EE look what you started, oh wait, you can't because you were GANNON-BANNED

More people should come to this, all around good times (seriously, hanging out with smashers for 3 days straight? Good times)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Looks like it. He'll have to make another alt, I dunno if he was perma banned or not, and if it was and IP ban or not. If it was an IP ban, he can just reset the router and bang he'll be back on smashboards.com.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
dude it doesn't even say (6 points)

I can't remember the last time I saw that..................

OH that's a lie, I saw it under the name EE Visu

lmfao

...crap, just checked...both -EE- AND EE Visu are Banned (6 Points)

things aren't lookin up for our buddy ;__;

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
EE has to stop getting banned

The mods probably aren't giving him any chance though, once they trace his IP, he gets fried.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm coming. I'll probably enter all events. What's the entry fee for the tournaments? I already pre-regged.

Last year was a blast. I met the best team partner I've ever had. Unfortunately he lives in Flordia lol.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
MAGFEST 7, now with (Brawl) CREW BATTLES?

At some point, I would like to do (draft) crew battles. This would be a SWF only kind of thing, Unless we wanted to draft some of the non-regulars who were pretty good. This wouldn't be an official tournament and we wouldn't have a time slot for it either, so we'd have to do it either between 2am-11am (sleeping hours) or during the concert (6pm-11pm) If we did crews (Brawl) during the friday night concert i'd be fine with that, I could miss a concert for Crew battles.

Sat. Night concert will be unforgettable, so don't miss it, I won't be playing smash during that.

If worst comes to worst and we can't get a setup, we can do crews in one of the hotel rooms.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
OH OH, question.

You said this under the Brawl ruleset:

I have a time limit to run this in- so in opening rounds there may not be a best 2 of 3, but
Does this apply for the Melee tournament too? You didn't specifically say that it would apply for Melee, but I was just wondering. I just want to know how safe I need to play the first match.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I have another question. Who's making the brackets? Can you make it so a swf person always has to fight a nub for the first round. It would make the tournament go way faster.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
@Sypher- Nah, Melee is faster, it should be fine, we have 6 hours for singles, so it shouldn't be an issue

@Sage- Seeding is done by me, and there won't be a problem, and other people that I trust there (Toasty, EE, Kornn, etc.) will be able to put in their input on the seeds

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Ill give it my attention.
because "You don't need a reason to help people."
~Auron ......, Final Fantasy X

Did you put this on AiB?
For some reason some people only check there for offline tourneys.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
i think so kirbstir, imagine all the melee/brawl practice you can get and ****** the nubs

if you can get some monies together

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
****** nubs is not good practice :ohwell:

Playing with people better than you is how you get better.

Top Bottom