• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MaGFest 8 - Alexandria, lll Results on OP lll GPX Tournaments!

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Saturday at 6? Good stuff, rpg. By the way, Boss has the best Doc in MD/VA as far as I know. :070:

Lmao @ Shinku's sig. :laugh:
Thank you, I aim to please haha.

Alright cool hopefully I could get some assistance in the Doctor stuff.

What about Sheik/Gdorf?

Shinku

Smash Champion
shinku, your sig should be further simplified to just this
your probably right but i just got it from the rom2 thread so i just copied and paste.

also i think Saturday is way better. more people, more ****.

boss i dont see you coming but, if you do, koo

and dun worry rpg some of us are amazing at melee and we play almost all characters like ganon/shiek, well help ya out

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
your probably right but i just got it from the rom2 thread so i just copied and paste.

also i think Saturday is way better. more people, more ****.

boss i dont see you coming but, if you do, koo

and dun worry rpg some of us are amazing at melee and we play almost all characters like ganon/shiek, well help ya out
Alright awesome thanks, the more tips the better. :)

Also, who is planning on bringing a setup? I am bringing one I just wanna see who else is.

Shinku

Smash Champion
lol. acually you only need 1. just put it in load and take it out ;)]

oh yeah minq, well find a store and split the drinks when we get there

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
We are already open and running with the main room and the tourney room almost all done, the Arcades are up and running, the rhythm games also up and running. if your not here your probably hating life!

^_~ Kenin, enjoy the new year with your family! We'll see you soon bud.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
We are already open and running with the main room and the tourney room almost all done, the Arcades are up and running, the rhythm games also up and running. if your not here your probably hating life!

^_~ Kenin, enjoy the new year with your family! We'll see you soon bud.
Will do man, hopefully I can show up tomarrow. If not see yall on Saturday.

Should I bring my own wii for the recording set up or could I just use one of the ones provided? I want to record in HD and I have component cables for wii but not for GameCube.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Should I bring my own wii for the recording set up or could I just use one of the ones provided? I want to record in HD and I have component cables for wii but not for GameCube.
Just go ahead and bring your own setup for it if that works.

That would be awesome if we can record matches.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully you can all come, should be hype! Melee seems to be getting more comp then Brawl out here.

Yes a one day pass is 25 bucks.

Great Job Patrick...Results will be up soon.
I got it right, right?

1. Sage
2. Rico
3. SypherPhoenix
4. DreadLord Santa
5. The General
5. Nova
7. MinQ
7. Kuya
9: yoshi6000
9: RyjinX
9: Rambo
9: Lee (Aldrene)
9: No. 3
9: Lucas
9: Posibolt
9: whofah
17: Waffles (Nate)
17: Shinku
17: Evandore
17: The Crisis (Chris)
17: Ikea (Bryan Smith)
17: Bear
17: terry Bogard
17: Nicholas W
17: queen kyle
17: v8
17: The Crun=nsk
17: Riot Jones
17: 4 EVA
17: SMK (Stephen)
17: Mulligan
17: Timm
33: 9fighter (Patrick kelly)
33: Epsilon 933 (Rogie Kidd)
33: Nesstament
33: megawatt
33: boomboom
33: Sonikku (Emanuel)
33: OSP (Samuel)
33: Erock
33: Zomg (Rob)
33: watchwolf
33: BFD (Dan)
33: Sharonlover
33: SOB (Steve)
33: The Chad
33: jawsome
33: Heat
33: D-money (Devin)
33: Big black boy
33: negdyive (Lucas)
33: Matt S
33: Whh (Peter)
33: Scape (Peter)
33: pego

http://www.youtube.com/user/UsurperKingZant

Shinku

Smash Champion
chillin its like you fighting azen or chu in the 2nd round. it would of been the same. and im sure you would of been just as pissed as i was

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Epsilon, thanks so much for getting the results.

Post the videos whenever you can, take your time. Hopefully aside from the format of tournament I did a decent job at running things.

Thanks for playing everyone.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
Next year since the turnout was fantastic for Brawl and Melee we will do full 2/3 matches double elim. We were making sure to conform to some degree to the conventions standards.

To allow you the players the ability to enjoy the rest of the show and not be only entrenched in the tournament all weekend long.

Thanks to all of you for coming down and supporting MaGFest!

Epsilon thanks for posting this for Rpgfighter, take yourself out of the second post of your 33rd spot.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
gay *** seeding/single elimnaton bull****. ****ing magfest
I hope your not upset at magfest for you losing in the second round...if you want to be real on this, single or double, a loss is a loss...

there is also no seeding, the tool randomizes the matches into brackets, and then we took the top 8 in the semi's and Keninblack had them placed in a new 8 man bracket for finals which was done in double elimination.

Next year at MaGFest we will run it the lengthier way, if that is what the community desires, from this point I think it is. but I am noticing a rage post without merit.

Shinku

Smash Champion
im not surprised on how it was ran. no different than any other convention tournament. me and the other smashers saw this coming a mile away when we found out it was going to be ran by some random person at magfest and not a actually TO who knows what there doing, and im not blaming keninblack cuz hes been to enough tourneys to knows how it suppose to be ran. im surprised it wasn't free for all with items on hyrule temple.

but yall do what do. im gonna be salty on this cuz it was ********.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
im not surprised on how it was ran. no different than any other convention tournament. me and the other smashers saw this coming a mile away when we found out it was going to be ran by some random person at magfest and not a actually TO who knows what there doing, and im not blaming keninblack cuz hes been to enough tourneys to knows how it suppose to be ran. im surprised it wasn't free for all with items on hyrule temple.

It was run correctly and Ken who is being trained by us did a great job. your salty because you lost. if you have a real gripe or a real criticism we always take that seriously and we always work on it. I saw no issues, the format is my only partial gripe because I wanted to make the convention chairman happy with it since he hates double elimination and wanted you guys to not be stuck in the console room playing and waiting for your match all day and night. Which is why we compromised on the single/double at semi's scenario.

So you hold that, because you losing early on does not mean the tournament had problems...that means you sucked or you were not skilled enough to be in the top. Sorry...I call it like I see it...

this is not intended to flame, I hate flaming and arguing over forums, if you have a valid gripe outside of anything said, please pm me and I will listen to everything you have to say.

otherwise man up to losing and move on...its not the end of the world and this was not a pot tournament, this was year one for tourneys to be done better. and Ken did a fantastic job, don't try to take it away from him.

EDIT: I just spoke to my tourney official who handled Brawl - which was double elim from the get go and said you complained because you lost in the winners bracket semi's/final and then complained to be put in the losers bracket where you lost...come on Shinku - I love the smash community, but if your complaining because you lost, and have no real issue here, this is what hurts the smash community among the top tourney organizers - give me real scenarios - not emo I lost complaints...

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman

Glad I did something right, I take it as a compliment.

Very sorry everyone about the rules like I said at MAGfest. Next year if I even run it I will be sure its the real rules.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU SHOW UP TO PLAY!

Shinku

Smash Champion
It was run correctly and Ken who is being trained by us did a great job. your salty because you lost. if you have a real gripe or a real criticism we always take that seriously and we always work on it. I saw no issues, the format is my only partial gripe because I wanted to make the convention chairman happy with it since he hates double elimination and wanted you guys to not be stuck in the console room playing and waiting for your match all day and night. Which is why we compromised on the single/double at semi's scenario.

So you hold that, because you losing early on does not mean the tournament had problems...that means you sucked or you were not skilled enough to be in the top. Sorry...I call it like I see it...

this is not intended to flame, I hate flaming and arguing over forums, if you have a valid gripe outside of anything said, please pm me and I will listen to everything you have to say.

otherwise man up to losing and move on...its not the end of the world and this was not a pot tournament, this was year one for tourneys to be done better. and Ken did a fantastic job, don't try to take it away from him.

oh come on. if you went last year, it was ran on point. i talked to kenninblack, he even told me that it wasnt his idea to the way it was ran. there is a thing called seeding, like putting justin wong and daigo early and the brackets and justin loses. now are you saying that justin isnt skilled enough to be put on top? of course not. the dude i lost to, i play him 2-3 times a week. not just singles elimination but seeding man. honestly if you can understand where im coming from then i give up dude.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
oh come on. if you went last year, it was ran on point. i talked to kenninblack, he even told me that it wasnt his idea to the way it was ran. there is a thing called seeding, like putting justin wong and daigo early and the brackets and justin loses. now are you saying that justin isnt skilled enough to be put on top? of course not. the dude i lost to, i play him 2-3 times a week. not just singles elimination but seeding man. honestly if you can understand where im coming from then i give up dude.
I get that, did you mention it to Ken? was it the first match? you will eventually have to face someone you play with at these tournaments - eventually...

there was no reason to seed the tournament it was a randomized by Tio. I do understand losing to someone you lose to all the time early on and potentially if your one of the better players the match could have potentially been one of the best in the end, it happens all the time. and last year we ran the Smash tourney btw.

for next year like I said before we will stick to our guns - and run everything double elim. we did that for Brawl and Melee we left at the compromise. Ken had to run it the way we told him to. and he did that to the letter.

I am sorry you lost early on, but hey thats tourney life, losing is a part of it - get better to beat the guy you lost to. dont complain about who you lose to.

I am pretty merciless when it comes to this - complaining because you lost early or lose in the winners finals and expect to not be in the losers bracket in brawl...yeah no symphathy from me on this.

Shinku

Smash Champion
wow. i didnt complain in brawl. reading everything you typed, you have no idea what your talking about.

im done arguing. have a nice day

Top Bottom