• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MaGFest 8 - Alexandria, lll Results on OP lll GPX Tournaments!

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
MaGFest 8 - Music and Gaming Festival - January 1st - January 4th

When: January 1st - January 4th, 2010
Where: 5000 Seminary Road Alexandria, VA 22311
Entry Fee: Registration Badges HERE
Why: Because MaGFest is HYPE! And they make us feel warm and fuzzy...

***Peace of Mind***
LCD's and CRT's:
*ACER 24" H243H Monitors utilizing XBOX 360 VGA and HDMI for PS3: SPECS
*RCA 27" TruFlat TV - HDMI, VGA, Component, Composite and UHF
***Utilized in countless events with 0 Lag***

**********MaGFest 8 - Music & Gaming Festival**********

MAGFest is a video and computer gaming festival run by fans, for fans. It's similar to most fan-based (anime, scifi, etc) conventions, but aims to be more of a laid-back video game party atmosphere. No crowded show floors here, but rather lots of fan art, film and music, and room to relax. Our special guests fit right in and socialize with the rest of the crowd. Game movies and cartoons are shown weekend-long. In addition to our 10,000 square foot game room, lots of attendees set up games in their rooms and invite others inside.

Perhaps most importantly, MAGFest has a huge focus on game music -- multiple concerts' worth -- filled with video game music tributes, some even with the original composers! On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, multiple bands will perform on our main stage, and our JamSpace room is open 24 hours for collaborative music and special treats alike.

GPX will be providing a MASSIVE amount of consoles and TV's and LCD Panels for this amazing event. GPX will also be officiating over all the tournaments at the convention and helping bring this conventions tournaments into the competitive arena.

Overall this is a convention running from Jan 1st to Jan 4th called MAGfest. I will be running the melee tournament so yayayayaya!

The date and time will come later when we are closer.

Rules:

Standard Melee Rules
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257229

1. Sage
2. Rico
3. SypherPhoenix
4. DreadLord Santa
5. The General
5. Nova
7. MinQ
7. Kuya
9: yoshi6000
9: RyjinX
9: Rambo
9: Lee (Aldrene)
9: No. 3
9: Lucas
9: Posibolt
9: whofah
17: Waffles (Nate)
17: Shinku
17: Evandore
17: The Crisis (Chris)
17: Ikea (Bryan Smith)
17: Bear
17: terry Bogard
17: Nicholas W
17: queen kyle
17: v8
17: The Crun=nsk
17: Riot Jones
17: 4 EVA
17: SMK (Stephen)
17: Mulligan
17: Timm
33: 9fighter (Patrick kelly)
33: Epsilon 933 (Rogie Kidd)
33: Nesstament
33: megawatt
33: boomboom
33: Sonikku (Emanuel)
33: OSP (Samuel)
33: Erock
33: Zomg (Rob)
33: watchwolf
33: BFD (Dan)
33: Sharonlover
33: SOB (Steve)
33: E (Rogie Kidd)
33: The Chad
33: jawsome
33: Heat
33: D-money (Devin)
33: Big black boy
33: negdyive (Lucas)
33: Matt S
33: Whh (Peter)
33: Scape (Peter)
33: pego

http://www.youtube.com/user/UsurperKingZant

^ MATCH VIDS

Thank you oh so much epsilon.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm gonna totally do what I did last time this happened

Gang up on the pros in the scrub round

We did this to DAWes 2 years ago, he lost in scrub rounds, because me and someone else ganged up on him (and he didn't use samus)

He didnt' care much, but it got me a top 10 finish, yay

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm only 1:30 away from this, so hopefully I can get a ride from all the extremely nice people in northern MD and southern PA. :D

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Alright awesome updated the list. Hopefully this can get some hype, we need to show why Melee wrecks Brawl.

Bones0: I dident put you down because that post seems like a maybe. Hopefully you can show up though, the more the merrier.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Cmon Melee players.

I know there is more of you in VA/MD, we need to make this hype. To show Brawl that we mean business.

skyheart

Smash Lord
that scrub elimination sounds like bull. it'll be mad gay and i might not enter because of it.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
that scrub elimination sounds like bull. it'll be mad gay and i might not enter because of it.
Well me and the gpx guys use it because...

1. Gets done quicker so people don't leave
the area even though somehow people still leave.

2. Overall it gets rid of the novice players early and personally it shows off more skill by being able to do 4 player things. Because if you are good you should be ready to get ganged up on.

Though if enough people don't like I can change it no problems. Though right now it stays.

Shinku

Smash Champion
Tantalus ran it last year and it was legit. it was basically 1v1 from the start with seeding. honestly the whole 4 way thing is wacky. but if you wanna do it that way then, ehhh.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Alright I guess I could seed it.

If worse comes to worse it will be 1v1 random, if worse comes to worse of course.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
sypherphoenix, krnred225

both coming, probably thesage and ikagi as well

you should do double elim with seeding. don't be the noob who ruins melee. run a real tournament.

also, 'being ready to get ganged up on' does not show skill. being ganged up on can effectively limit your options to zero. if you can't do anything, it doesn't matter how good you are.

Shinku

Smash Champion
yo i just realized the 4th is on a monday. im down for a melee tourney, but a monday?? 99 percent chance ill be gone by then and i think everyone else will be

Shinku

Smash Champion
yeah probly, i need pound 4 practice lol. btw i know at some point were gonna wanna take a break from smash and play some sf4 in the room, but i dont wanna bring my 360 LOL. ill def have my stick though

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it wont be on Monday I will make sure of that.

Yeah it will be double elimination seeding. Though to be honest I am going to need some help...

Sorry guys. Not too much help but just basically helping me seed the brackets.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
hey 3rd strike is just way better. i don't expect you people to know that though XD

i mean melee>>> brawl, 3S>>> SF4

same situation

i don't even like brawl besides teams, i don't even have a wii and never get to play.

3S is just better, why camp all day w/ hadoukens when i can **** w/ geneijiin combos

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
hey 3rd strike is just way better. i don't expect you people to know that though XD

i mean melee>>> brawl, 3S>>> SF4

same situation

i don't even like brawl besides teams, i don't even have a wii and never get to play.

3S is just better, why camp all day w/ hadoukens when i can **** w/ geneijiin combos

I'm with u on this I play 3s more and it's a better game. Dudley is godlike

g-regulate

Smash Hero
So what is the actual DEAL with this? im gonna buy my pass, but what day(s) should i go? will there actually BE a tournament for this? what day/time?

Would anyone mind if I kind of reserve a TV with component cable inputs or anything to record stuff? I can record in really good quality.

That would be fine. I will try to get the finals and other important matches on that TV then.

Just letting you know though that setup would have to be used for tournament matches. Because we will need all the setups we can get. Its your choice if you wanna record the matches or not.
That's what I'm aiming for.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone mind if I kind of reserve a TV with component cable inputs or anything to record stuff? I can record in really good quality.

That would be fine. I will try to get the finals and other important matches on that TV then.

Just letting you know though that setup would have to be used for tournament matches. Because we will need all the setups we can get. Its your choice if you wanna record the matches or not.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! Get hype everyone. Should be sweet.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
EVERYONE.

CHANGE OF PLANS!

Its gonna be Saturday at 6pm.

Also I am running the 3s tournament which is Sunday at noon, just letting yall know.

Top Bottom