• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
You do realize that the sign up ip is the one that links you to Xonar, right? It even says it's coming from what looks like a proper ip.

The rest of your statements don't ****ing matter. Go **** yourself, my outburst is perfectly valid.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
You do realize that the sign up ip is the one that links you to Xonar, right? It even says it's coming from what looks like a proper ip.

The rest of your statements don't ****ing matter. Go **** yourself, my outburst is perfectly valid.
Weird, your registration ip or whatever just changed to the british one.

On another funny note, Xonar's ip just changed to an American one.
Funny how that happens? It looking like a proper ip is the entire point.

This is also hysterical coming from you - the guy who berated Raz for "outing" me - as you thrust this thread into a hurricane due to not knowing how to do your job.

You are dead, and the game is better for it regardless of alignment. Please, just stop posting and leave the thread unless you are interested in reaffirming your reputation as Werekill the drama queen who cannot control his emotions.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
What seems to be the most likely case to me is that Gova is making this up. Which if it is the case, then unfortunately he would need to be mod killed. Lying about cheating is cheating in itself. If he is telling the truth, then, well this game is broken.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I thought it was ****ty that he outed you, yes. What's ****tier is you playing while you have information like Gova's role.

And again, go **** yourself. You're an asshole regardless of how this all turns out.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
1.] I thought it was ****ty that he outed you, yes. What's ****tier is you playing while you have information like Gova's role.

2.] And again, go **** yourself. You're an ******* regardless of how this all turns out.
1.] That is an erroneous assumption on your part.

2.] Thank you for demonstrating my point by doing exactly what I warned you against.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
So in other words, "No U".

Okay.

If someone wants to tell me why I went to the trouble of finding out Gova's alignment through illegal means, and then not even use it to my advantage, i.e. a solid read on the slot with which I could make better judgements, that would be great to hear.

Then, when you realize that that actually makes no sense when applying critical thinking, we can move on and be done with this distraction.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I don't think you intentionally found out. I think you pretended not to be in the game and Gova told you what he was before you got the chance to say anything. It was just an accident. But that accident messes things up.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I don't think anyone could hide having information on who is confirmed town.

Oh wait, scum does all the ****ing time.
So I only have motivation for doing it as scum. Which you will be proven wrong about in postgame, and you can look like even more of a fool at that point.

@BarDulL

You are still accusing Xonar of cheating, because he would be playing with knowledge of another player's role at that point. You got overly excited at thinking that I was Xonar when Murder "outed" me and are coming up with anything to fit that theory.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I don't think you intentionally found out. I think you pretended not to be in the game and Gova told you what he was before you got the chance to say anything. It was just an accident. But that accident messes things up.
And you know, I'm fine with not doing the typical "I'm never gonna play with you again!" stuff both because of this and the fact that attitude (to me) is silly.

However, the instant he learned it he could have replaced out. He could have lied and said it was for any number of reasons.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So I only have motivation for doing it as scum. Which you will be proven wrong about in postgame, and you can look like even more of a fool at that point.

@BarDulL

You are still accusing Xonar of cheating, because he would be playing with knowledge of another player's role at that point. You got overly excited at thinking that I was Xonar when Murder "outed" me and are coming up with anything to fit that theory.
You know what? **** it.

I'm scum. I know who the scum team is. And you are sure as **** not on it. Don't twist my words. I meant that you could easily lie about not having a clear read, **** you.

(On that note, lol Zen had me read like a book. Problem was I couldn't suddenly change playstyles easily after he pointed out the lack of scum hunting.)

And you know, why the **** are we still arguing this when we have the Marshy screenshot? I should have thought of that ages ago. So **** you.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
The screenshot means nothing. It was another red herring. When making this account, I learned from the mistakes of other alts who would "slip" their real account so made posts that would link to other users through a means I will not state publicly.

That said, I am pleased to learn that you were scum. You played well and hope there are no hard feelings.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Wow, you're scum? LOL

Good distancing on your end with Dabuz, I still wasn't 100% on it til now.

Still, really hate this situation we're in. I'd prefer leviathan to confirm his true identity to the mod.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Still, really hate this situation we're in. I'd prefer leviathan to confirm his true identity to the mod.
I could provide evidence to Rockin in exchange for him promising not to reveal me, sure. He could then verify it to the cast.

How does that sound, everyone?

@ Lore Lore , was my theory about the scumteam having me as Indy correct?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Whatever the case, I think these posts heavily implement Murder scum. They are completely out of line with a normal thought process.

FWIW, I guarantee you that if Ramses was actually the one in the game, he would've just come up with an excuse not to hear it, like 'I might volunteer as a replacement'.

I doubt very strongly there's any cheating going on.
Either is possible, considering I think Gova is scum.

However, unless you think that Marshy lied to both Red Ryu and myself in a mods-only private message LONG PRIOR to this game, then Occam's Razor, broham.
To make it explicitly clear, I think Gova is being a scumlord and Ramses is just trying to save face.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Zen, I do not see how that has any bearing on Murderbush's alignment.

We have a wealth of information from Werekill to look at now. His posts - especially his reads list - need to be pulled up and looked at again in light of this new information.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
The screenshot means nothing. It was another red herring. When making this account, I learned from the mistakes of other alts who would "slip" their real account so made posts that would link to other users through a means I will not state publicly.

That said, I am pleased to learn that you were scum. You played well and hope there are no hard feelings.
... Did you even look at the screenshot? It seems pretty damning.

No permanent hard feelings, but I'm still pissed as **** right now.

@ BarDulL BarDulL Thanks! Lol. It worked out like I thought it would for a good number of you. I feel that if Levi didn't know Gova's alignment, it would have worked better.

And Levi, I'm not answering that question. Lol. That's a post game kind of thing.

On another overall note, I wasn't trying to play up newness for town points. I really was looking for advice since I'm just now getting back into Mafia.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
And by information, I mean his comments towards BarDulL and Arcane because that is where the last scum is located. In fact, I will probably be content to vote BarDulL tomorrow and go from there. I stand by my earlier stance of him being likelier scum than Arcane.

Regardless of his alignment, I find his surprise at both Bunzy and Werekill being scum to be pretty humorous.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Not sure where Zen has them quotes from either though I hope you're not saying that Werekill's flip has no bearing on murder's likely alignment?!?
I think it is doubtful that there are 4 scum. If the game continues after BarDulL's flip, maybe, but that is a big one and I would likelier lynch Gova before him.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So you think the final scumbag is between Bardull and me because at one point of the game you've randomly decided that our "interactions" [which mainly consisted of him ignoring my accusations] have to be TvS but you'd likely lynch Gova before him? Who's "him"? Murder?

:059:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
The girls were having a bit of fun in the water, but now they felt it's time for another competition. The one they had in mind was a bit more...dangerous then the last one. This sport will challenge the very lives they hold dear. The game?

Magma Surfing.

The girls stood on top of thei volcano. Right by their side was a stream of magma flowing towards from the tip of the volcano to the cool waters below.

"That's a...long way down..." One of the girls spoke, a bit worried.

"YOU'RE worried about the height!?" Another one shouted. Obviously she was more scared of being burned alive.

"C'mon, this is typically what I do on a Sunday." Captain Syrup spoke out confidently. They, including Rosalina, looked at her as if she was crazy. Of course, the pirate smirked. "You jelous?"

It was then Rosalina spoke out. "Do not worry. The sunscreen we put on would protect us from this intense heat." Thankfully, that re-assured the guest, as they did remember they put on sun screen able to witstand even the harshest heat.

"Yeah! Observe!"

Without thinking, she pushed Queen Merelda into the magma. The woman screamed as she fell in. There were little bubbles, but nothing resurfaced.

"I...I don't think Queen Merelda put any sun screen." One of the girls spoke.

"Whoops." The pirate said flately.

It was then that something resurfaced. Instead of Merelda, it was a dark figure. An evil looking figure. Her mass extended 5 times the normal body, and she looked angry. White smoke emited from her body.

"YOU MAY HAVE LUCKED OUT, MORTALS!" The Shadow queen spoke out in anger. "BUT MARK MY WORDS! I WILL BE BAAAAAAAAAAACK....!!" The voice faded as she slowly evaporated into nothing.

Queen Merelda, Mafia Roleblocker, has been lynched

There was a bit of silence between the girls. Of course, Captain Syrup decides to break the silence with a simple sentence.

"Last one at the bottom cooks for all of us!" And before anyone could stop her, she grabbed her surfboard and begins to surf on down the magma pool. "Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!":

Not wanting to cook for tonight, the girls joined her in the race.

----------------------------------

It's now Night 3. Deadline is August 10, 2014 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
MOD TALK

Okay, let's get some things clear here

1) After a bit of detective work, I confirm that Leviathan IS NOT XONAR. This means that

- Gova can still play/will not be mod killed (though he will be consoled by me)

Now there's something else I would like to speak about. I've made a rule stating that there should be no communication about this game to players and non players alike. Just to avoid scenarios like this. I wouldn't have been this annoyed if I was running a newbie mafia game.

But I'm not running a newbie mafia game.

EVERY PLAYER HERE (aside from Jex and Leviathan) have played a Mafia game more then once. There are even people here who are practically Veterans. You all KNOW BETTER. I know it may seem harmless (and even sometimes you find it irresistable to tell your plans to others not involved in this game), but we need to be good examples for future players. We need to show that we can follow rules and that it's not cool to bend (nay, break) the rules. We have to follow the rules to avoid scenarios like this.

So let's be good examples for Jex, Leviathan, and other future players and FOLLOW THE RULES.

I have spoken.

Last edited:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Once their Magma surfing ended, they went to rest up at the Observatory while drifting off to space once again. When they woke up, they were hoping to talk about the next activity they could do. Instead, they were looking down on the floor as another victim bit the dust. Poor Aurora laid motionless on the floor.

Aurora (Jexs), Town Doctor, has been killed.

Fed up with it, the girls began to watch one another's back, as they all came into agreement of something: The killer was still on the loose.

-------------------------------

It is now Day 4

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Because I opened up this thread late, deadline is going to be August 19, 2014.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Werekill really thought Levi knew Gova was town, and he was pissed about it.

Gova is regrettably not mafia.

Vote: Arcane Inferno

feel really comfortable with this

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
I promise a post WILL come today.
Expect some more substantial content from me in 5 hours.
I'm a dirty liar posting from my phone at work.

Girlfriend/Munchkin and beer with friends/Planet of the Apes/currently moving houses/work johns

Murderbush seems pretty cool this game.

From what I have skimmed so far Werekill was setting off a lot of red flags. Are people pushing that slot?
Thanks.

I don't see the Leviathan hate.

Werekill/JeXs are the best lynches in my opinion.
Those Werekill posts make me feel better.
Damn Werekill way to turn my mind around on your slot.
Ew.

Maybe I need to look at wk again
I'll quote the Werekill posts when I'm at a computer for you
I'm gonna reread Bardull and Werekill.

I have a feeling one of them is the lynch toDay
Ehh Werekill pending my read.
I'd go towards Werekill like a bull upon a Levi scum flip. So I agree he has a stronger chance of being scum while Dabuz is simply individually suspicious to me.
I see the inverse
Man. The more I see Pot post, the more and more I feel the need to re-evaluate Dabuz. Pot is coming off wishy washy on Were AND Levi. Are you for real with coming up with those stances, Pot?

ARE YOU WITH US, OR NO?
I am... seeing your side now.

And I have worked out the situation which would make it all possible.

And I need to do my read of these player's play and get some alignment reads.

I am not for the Levi lynch, but I am not against it anymore. I recognize the merit in lynching him and will read to see if I support that.
I'm not feeling the Werekill lynch first for the record.

I'm not townreading Levi at all.

I'm just scumreading J harder.
I'd lynch either way but Murder saying J has no resistance to being lynched is wrong, and that being what makes him hesitant is stupid.

There is resistance to both lynches and many people claiming to be fine with either one and then pushing against one or the other more.

I want J.
ZenRan concerning with all their calls for people to claim.

Can I get a reads list from you guys?

You guys don't think there's at least merit in giving one more night to Levi to possibly allow his ability to work?

Arcane Inferno did some nasty misrepresentation at one point in their case. The rest was ok
So we are not lynching Levi toDay, our role blocker is not targeting Levi toNight, and we will see if he is cleared toMorrow.
I just have one question for you Murder: What is Levi's plan now that he has his claim out in the open? You think he would try to go all game lying about reasons it's failing? Claim roleblock every Night? It's not a sustainable lie if it is a lie, so what's his plan and why is it not worth our while trying to verify it?
Was probably me, I feel like the only one pushing to let him prove his role.
Can we all universally agree to lynch Levi toMorrow if his ability doesn't work, regardless of Bunzy's flip?

If yes, I'll vote Bunzy
All I can say about the Levi thing is that with Levi's claim and his pushes/play I could see the possibility of honesty and wanted to give him the chance to prove his ability. You trying to get a bunch of people to out their roles did bug me, but it being concerning didn't make you scum. You're pretty solid town at this point. Murder's vig claim reeked of falsehood and desperation and I voted what I saw as a lie on impulse. Thinking about it is a good exercise for why LAL is not a good policy, and I saw then that scum Murder had nothing to gain from a move like that. I still think it's possible he was misguided with his Levi read and that the two of them are just in a TvT ego battle/power struggle.

Sure it bugs me that Levi threw a claim out there he couldn't prove, but again, where's the scum motive? Surely no one expects to last until LyLo going "I was roleblocked" every Night?

Levi isn't off the table by any means, but at present time I think Gova/Werekill are better avenues.
I'll try to put it simply.

I have a soft spot for Levi because I agree with so much of what he's saying and he's doing so many things right. I don't even remember what the original case on him was, but I don't think I see it. If the only thing standing in the way is the fact that he has claimed a role that has yet to work, I can push it back in my agenda. I think that's what's been happening.

Werekill did you really reread?

Like the whole thread or just dabuz's case?
As of page 8, excluding flips

Town Ami, JeXs
FrozenGheb, Bunzy, Murder
Gova, Bardull
Levi
Werekill Scum
'I know you're down pot'

Vote Werekill

Vote: Murder

@Gova, you down?
@Arcane Inferno, you down?
Ami on the chance Murder vs Levi has been a TvT ego battle this whole time where do you go?
You're an ***.

Vote: Gova
I was going for something by asking Arcane and Gova if they'd join but then decided not to do it. I don't think Murder is a good vote, and him and Levi may very well be TvT.

Levi is the more likely scum between them, but I think the Gova/Arcane/Bardull/Werekill pool is more likely to hold the scum than Levi and murder.
Levi I hope you have a good reason for thinking Bardull vs Arcane is SvT past "they're both so scummy, one of them has to be scum!" I'd love to hear it.

I don't see why you want to leave Gova right now. You think he's likely town all of a sudden?
---SILENCE WHEN AMI PUSHES MURDERBUSH----

Vote: Gova bo Bova
Murder is Levi still on your rader?

Are you caught up?

Can you keep posting? I liked the string you had going.
how long til deadline?

gova lynch? refusing to cooperate by claiming and has been pushing weird slots all game. i have never understood his stances and he's been inactive to boot. not a slot i want anywhere near lylo

Vote: Gova

First flag. Potassium replaces in, and takes quite a while to actually catch up, and invest himself in the game. He doesn't contribute anything but a J vote. Elaboration comes later, but the J vote was opportune. Both easy things to do as scum. His motive? To get an easy lynch, over Levi. (Which J was, he just let himself go without even a defense)

Second red flag, and it is a big one. His wishy washiness towards Werekill. Initially he comes into the game stating how Were gave him a ton of red flags, but he flip flops on Were many times. As you can see, he eventually comes to the conclusion that he would want Gova/Werekill D3, but finally states he'd prefer not to have Werekill that day, and pushes towards Gova.

Third red flag, he keeps Levi at an arm's distance. Consider that Were-scum was reading Levi as town and pushing for Levi to prove his claim to "test" it, but was the scum roleblocker in reality, preventing him from testing it. Now consider some scum-mates may either push Levi, or also push for him to prove his claim/stay alive. Dabuz pushed Levi as a lynch, but didn't do so convincngly enough. Potassium, has been pushing Levi to claim since he claimed, and even while we were pushing to lynch him. You can tell that he didn't quite care about Levi's claim being tested, as he even stated that there would be no chance of Levi saying he'd be RB'd until Lylo. This also shows that they aren't connected (like I previously suspected), but Potassium had the motive of keeping Levi alive so that he'd be suspected by others later in the game, to keep town confused.

Fourth Red flag, he distances Werekill. He comes onto the werekill wagon D2 when Zen asks for his hand, and did a read up to page 8 with a werekill scumread. But as you can see, it was still pushed back in favor of a Gova lynch D3. So in my eyes, he didn't really care to read/find scum in werekill, only to keep him alive behind other slots. (Like Gova)

Fifth and final red flag, Potassium is content with pushing avenues that are not Levi/Murder. (And of course, Werekill) He keeps Levi/Murder as TvT to continue to keep Levi alive at night, for the roleblocker to visit him. He pushes towards Gova (without a real scum read on Gova, just a pool) while pushing back his Werekill read. This shows that he isn't genuinely scumhunting, as you can see in the first quote that he sheeps onto Gova when Levi presents the pool. Later on when Levi moves to Werekill, he asks him "Do you town read him [Gova] now?" trying to push back to Gova.

Kantrip

Kantplay
First flag. Potassium replaces in, and takes quite a while to actually catch up, and invest himself in the game. He doesn't contribute anything but a J vote. Elaboration comes later, but the J vote was opportune. Both easy things to do as scum. His motive? To get an easy lynch, over Levi. (Which J was, he just let himself go without even a defense)
Guilty of taking a long time to get into the game.

Explain why exactly I wanted a lynch other than Levi D1? Your wording here makes it sound like Levi would be a scum partner I was trying to avoid having lynched. Except for the fact we have 100% confirmation that Levi is not scum from both the MOD and a member of the scumteam, plus the fact that there's no way it's a 4-man team.

You're reaching to call my low activity near the start of the game scummy, you should not have made this your first point. But yes, I took a long time to get invested.

Second red flag, and it is a big one. His wishy washiness towards Werekill. Initially he comes into the game stating how Were gave him a ton of red flags, but he flip flops on Were many times. As you can see, he eventually comes to the conclusion that he would want Gova/Werekill D3, but finally states he'd prefer not to have Werekill that day, and pushes towards Gova.
This point is the one that I think makes the most logical sense in scumreading me. I came into the game with Werekill as my only scumread due to his early posts. He was screaming scum to me. Then, when he began to make posts with 100% content and no fluff, they were suddenly really townie. I questioned my read and wrote it off as him just being a player who likes to post fluff in his games. Later when Werekill pushes were happening (mostly at yours and Levi's hands), I was prompted to reread the game a bit (I got to around page 9). On the reread I again saw scum in Werekill and backed the lynch again. Fast forward back to where the game was at that point and you have Werekill's improved posts and then, later, a scum flip from Bunzy. Some good distancing between the two of them and Werekill's improved posts pushed him in the townier direction, while some things still bugged me. I can say honestly and truly that I was very conflicted about Werekill. In hindsight (20/20), his fluffy posts really were scummy, and his content wasn't actually all that great. His distancing was though, so props on that.

All I can really do after explaining my thought process above is to present you with some sweet, sweet WIFOM: Why would I create such an obvious connection with a scummate by constantly flip-flopping my read on them and bringing a lot of attention to the fact that I can't make up my mind?

Honestly though the way I treated Werekill was strange due to my read flipping a lot, and I can see you finding this scummy. Fair point.

Third red flag, he keeps Levi at an arm's distance. Consider that Were-scum was reading Levi as town and pushing for Levi to prove his claim to "test" it, but was the scum roleblocker in reality, preventing him from testing it. Now consider some scum-mates may either push Levi, or also push for him to prove his claim/stay alive. Dabuz pushed Levi as a lynch, but didn't do so convincngly enough. Potassium, has been pushing Levi to claim since he claimed, and even while we were pushing to lynch him. You can tell that he didn't quite care about Levi's claim being tested, as he even stated that there would be no chance of Levi saying he'd be RB'd until Lylo. This also shows that they aren't connected (like I previously suspected), but Potassium had the motive of keeping Levi alive so that he'd be suspected by others later in the game, to keep town confused.
Fourth Red flag, he distances Werekill. He comes onto the werekill wagon D2 when Zen asks for his hand, and did a read up to page 8 with a werekill scumread. But as you can see, it was still pushed back in favor of a Gova lynch D3. So in my eyes, he didn't really care to read/find scum in werekill, only to keep him alive behind other slots. (Like Gova)

Fifth and final red flag, Potassium is content with pushing avenues that are not Levi/Murder. (And of course, Werekill) He keeps Levi/Murder as TvT to continue to keep Levi alive at night, for the roleblocker to visit him. He pushes towards Gova (without a real scum read on Gova, just a pool) while pushing back his Werekill read. This shows that he isn't genuinely scumhunting, as you can see in the first quote that he sheeps onto Gova when Levi presents the pool. Later on when Levi moves to Werekill, he asks him "Do you town read him [Gova] now?" trying to push back to Gova.[/quote]
I hope you don't mind if I don't respond to your Levi points because they are conspiracy theory crap that while writing a response to I started getting frustrated. Long story short I think the point about how I was trying so hard to put myself out there to keep a slot alive just so my partner could repeatedly roleblock him is stupid. Sure it makes sense to roleblock him while he's alive so he can't get his ability off, but the risk of justifying reasons to keep him alive just so the scum roleblocker is forced to waste his action on him every Night? That's stupid. For what? The possibility of confusing town lategame? Well look at that, didn't work and now there's a mod-clear Levi. Sounds like a stupid plan I'd never condone but there you go.

I legitimately wanted to let him try to test his claim because I saw the possibility of Murder being wrong in his read and the value of a strong confirmed town player is very large.

Yes I wanted Gova more than Werekill. Now I realize Gova is town based on what Werekill has said and Werekill's scum flip. I was wrong for scumreading Gova and I was wrong to doubt my scumread on Werekill that I had as soon as I entered the game.

Miss anything?

Kantrip

Kantplay
k well i ****ed that up but you get the point

jesus ami you've scumread everyone this game i swear to gog

you really think the slip-up i had where i confused this game with another one in thinking there was a confirmed town roleblocker was an intentional scum move?

or how about my reaction to bardull hammering bunzy after I impulse voted him in response to his claim? Did that look like a bus? You think a scummy busses a member they have had no problem with after they claim?

those two things make me being scum not make a lot of sense.

Seriously, reread the game mix-up and D2 post-Bunzy's claim. Please.

Top Bottom