• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
I'll be back in a bit and trying to keep my other slot posting. Unlike me, he's not nearly as accessible.

:substitute:

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
I'm also interested in hearing gorf's explanation of why he felt Levi and Murder were cool, and his explanation for why his read on Levi changed.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
DAY 1, VOTING LIST
(2) Bunzy - Jexs, Leviathan,

(4) Leviathan - Bunzy, Murderbush, Bardull, Protean

(1) Protean - Werekill

(1) Bardull - Arcane Inferno

(1) Jexs - Admidamaru,

Not voting - , J, Potassium, Gova,

with 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynche
Deadline is July 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm not really seeing the JeXs wagon. He reminds me a LOT of younger me, minus the robotic tone that comes out at times. Him getting a bit angry only strengthens that, and I'm reading him as new but solid town.

Levi also seems pretty town as well. He's just driving the game along, and I feel that he's keeping some things to himself, for better or worse. Overall I'm just not seeing any scum intent at all from him, just typical town play where he is trying to strongly lead town. He reminds me of Kuz or EE in a softer way. Town.

I'm slowly developing stronger reads, I'm just rereading and gathering thoughts. I still feel that I haven't seen enough from a good number of people, but there may be bits here and there that strengthen or lessen my earlier reads.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
@ #HBC | Amidamaru #HBC | Amidamaru J still hasn't really done anything other than state reads. Either flips or more activity will change my read on him from null to anything else.

I'm rereading Protean, and I'm starting to lose most of my lean towards him. Still very much in the process of reading though.

On Bunz (If I'm correct in assuming Dabuz is him), this post bothers me.

In other words you don't want to get your hands dirty and you want to set up the lynches of me and Protean under suspicion one of us is scum in less than 400 posts.

Vote: Leviathan

Ami, talk to me about Jex, I can see him being scum with Levi but without the flip/ on a town flip, I can kind of see Jex being town.
"Don't want to get your hands dirty?" Levi's directly saying that he wants Protean or Bunz dead and that one flip influences his read of the other. That dirties hands a good bit, considering how direct Levi is saying this.

This feels like Bunz reacting a bit strongly and trying to make Levi look worse by misrepresenting his statements. Maybe it's OMGUS, but it still makes me pause, especially since one of his main points is that the read was formed after 400 words.

I may not be able to form strong reads in a short time, but it's clear that plenty of other people can. The reasoning is crap.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
You still in the process of catching up, Kantry? (If it hasn't been 5 hours yet my bad, blame my comp clock)

Also that avatar man... you need to change it. It's a circle with a in it. lol.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm in the process of coming home from work. An hour and a half and then I'll be powering through.

My avatar has a K in it too.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
What are you making of his current posts? He's not really getting pressured but there's a lot of **** where he just seems inconsistent and afraid to make a push.

I think he's playing really bad so I understand the dislike on him. It just looks newb-confused town to me because I can't see from a newb-scum POV why he would play the way he is.

why can't this be an unconfident scum player who doesn't want to take risks? i know what you're saying and i've considered it, but i'm still on the fence about it.
It's risky to express how unsure he is on like everything, yes?

Can you explain the discussion that's been going on to 635 between you and Arcane and if you've gotten any reads from it?

I must be in my own world over here but I'm gonna say no on the Jexy lynch. Not seeing him as scum and the reasoning behind pushing him seems really...null. Plus based on his emotions ringing true over that of caught scum who doesnt know what to do, I dont want him out.

Anyways i torrented (didnt know what this was till early hours of the morning) so im playing some japan only games and will more than likely post tonight after my work out.

Felt i should update my thoughts though. Im becoming wary of the fact that i feel the two main wagons Levi/Jexy are two i dont care for not lynching and are reads i hold as not scum currently but town-leans.

Current thought: Town pushing a bunch of town and scum sidelining/not doing much.
Tell me then, is there anywhere you want to look? Is there anyone on the Jex and Levi wagons that bring up red flags?

have you considered the differences is atmosphere as well? newbies are much friendlier compared to normal games; some players can't deal with the aggression; which leads players to retreat into their shell, lash out, or both.

and by aggression; i mean the constant feeling of being suspected; for example, ran might not be being mean but the constant barrage of questions; can get tiring

i'm not disagreeing with your analysis but i have trouble coming to that conclusion since i have been in that position before
thats like half of why i asked you if you had considered it so i could get a better read lol

having grown out of it and realizing why it's bad to be like that; i'm okay with lynching him even though i'm null on him

Why are you defending Jex in 612 if you're null on him but fine with lynching him as shown in 624?

Also, i'm gonna be making a post explaining why exactly I think Levi is scum later today or tomorrow.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't dislike you for your protean dislike at all. dislike him all you want, I think WL is easiest to read when he's being attacked. its the way you did it that was a red flag. also im clearly not alone in this opinion of your play:
You are choosing things that seem to add to your push on me, but what you failed to mention or make notice is that Protean's post was regarding my vote being Ami's since they asked for it at the beginning and I gave it for reading purposes on them and others, but they did nothing at all with it and it really was a bust. However, the fact that you are saying you don't dislike my Protean distaste at the time but the way I did it is concerning to me about you. What about the way I did it that sent a red flag?

I am really tapping my foot at the bolded because you did not read anything clearly otherwise you would see the fault in your ways.

Hmmm, FF, hmmm. You do tend to boast your points higher than they are actually worth but this time I am finding a foul taste in my mouth regarding what you tried to do towards me.

@ Protean- Protean- : Why did you feel the need to point out my sheepiness? You were here ITT when Ami asked for my vote and you never brought a problem with it until recently. Why not bring it up when it started and if you have a problem with it, why not question it? In fact, it's weird you choose the post I am saying I am annoyed they have done nothing with my vote as a reason to point it out.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Aight. I read already but I'm gonna reread again because there were a lot of posts and I want to respond to more in-depth. I don't have Gorf with me at the moment so this is sans his input.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Jexy, out of Bunzy and Levi, who would you lynch and why? Asking this because they are the biggest wagons and I want more input on them.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I'm looking at bardull. Not going in depth till I get home and read more thoroughly. Sorry for my outburst. I was really pissed yesterday.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Why are you looking at Bardull, and since when?

@ Protean- Protean- : What's causing you to re-read? Who you re-reading on bro? Talk to me man. Bounce some reads with me.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
MOD: Hey, let's keep it civil here. I know arguements tend to get heated, but that doesn't mean we should lose our santity either. I don't want a repeat of 'Zombie's Mafia.' (where people got so personal, it de-motivated nearly the entire cast).

Protean and Admidamaru, you guys have been warned.
ran and i were ****ing around but i do apologize for what i said to jexs

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Why are you looking at Bardull, and since when?

@ Protean- Protean- : What's causing you to re-read? Who you re-reading on bro? Talk to me man. Bounce some reads with me.
No I mean I'm rereading from where I left off at about page 14. I read it already but there was a lot of good content produced in those pages and I want to re-evaluate it.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Our next post is both JeXs and Levi.

First is Leviathan, which is where our vote has been sitting since we left the Protean- wagon.

Leviathan has two REAL stances. Look over the rest of the game, and your takeaway will be those two stances. His push on a Protean scumread, and his CONSTANT insinuation that Dabuz must be scum.

Now, we have no real issue with the Protean push. Maybe a little opportunistic, but honestly, no way to verify that without a scumflip, so let's just disregard that. The Protean push is okay. The comment about the timing of Protean's vote is legitimate, and a major part of what swayed Raz when we agreed to push Protean. That said, we still take an issue with his comment about mud-slinging, being a very weak and reachy point. However, that is not the meat of this case.

Our major issue lies with the DABUZ push, and the way the slot insinuates a relationship between Dabuz and Protean that there is absolutely no evidence of. Look at his Dabuz push. Read through the thread. If you can find ONE valid reason for him to be voting there, or constantly re-iterating how the slot needs to die, then please share it with us, because we must have missed it. There is just nothing substantial here. No real reason for him to be there. Except to bring pressure to a slot that has done nothing to deserve it, and to avoid committing to anything meaningful.

Now, look at this quote.

That set-up is DISGUSTING. It puts Dabuz as both a fall-back AND a follow-up to Protean. If the Protean lynch fizzles out (which it did), he can go BACK to Dabuz (which he did). And if he lynches a Town Protean, he can IMMEDIATELY point back and run to Dabuz. There is absolutely no basis for this "If TownProtean, then ScumDabuz" relationship to exist.

So there you have it. We really don't like his Dabuz push, and the way he associates it with Protean. Maybe I could deal with it if he had given me anything else of value to look at. However, once his push on Protean fizzled out, he simply moved to being inconsequential, rather than pushing like he did (and like I would expect him to continue).
I think something important to tack onto this push, while maybe not as important, is that despite having two real reads, he feels the need to lecture Ami for having "weak reads" despite Ami making visible efforts to develop them instead of just sitting on a spontaneous and somewhat pointless read, yet he doesn't call out Werekill or Jexs for having wishy washy half-baked reads whatsoever. I don't get why he calls out Ami for this ****, citing this as a reason to have them as null, and then labeling them "town" later.

Where is his development to his reads?

These are our two leading suspects, and I would absolutely ADORE some discussion on these 6 reads from the 4 players on our Town list.
Honestly your reads are practically spot-on with mine at the moment and are citing a lot of what I'm noticing or are clearing up slight issues I have with the slot. Bardull's FoS, out of context, does look bad but if what you say is true, then I doubt it's anything sinister and even then, I trust a lot of what Bardull's saying/posting. I don't have a lot to add to them, really. Arcane Inferno worried me with that single Gheb post but everything FF's posted has been spot-on and pretty much erased my suspicions of them. Even Gheb's response was just filling a hole instead of covering his ass ('cept for the Bardull vote but he needed to there).

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Murderbush seems pretty cool this game.

From what I have skimmed so far Werekill was setting off a lot of red flags. Are people pushing that slot?
I saw potential but on reread dismissed a lot of what I saw. Why is he setting off flags for you?

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
J isn't REALLY playing the game. He's got very little that we can really read him off of. I don't want his lynch right now. My two leading suspects are Levi/Jexs, and if I were to see a lynch on someone other than them based on the information we have at hand, I would be very disappointed. What I want to note with J is how little he's contributed this phase. That does not need to be forgotten moving forward with this game. If later in the game, he comes out and starts to emerge as a leading force for Town, be VERY AWARE that he could easily be scum having waited until the herd was thinned out and there wasn't people like us around to challenge his content. I'm not necessarily saying he's scum in that scenario, but I AM saying that he did not play a very Town Day 1, and that any Townie left alive should re-examine their stance carefully before following him on anything important.
J has this notion that he can just skip half of d1 at least and play the game just fine. While people let him get away with it, it's frustrating because it gives him a free pass into the game after he sees how it's developed, something potentially dangerous if he's scum.

I don't trust his content currently as it is. He's very sheepish. I don't know why he tied his vote to Ami's, he poked at me a little bit but instead of allowing himself to "get interested" and use his suspicions to read me, he disassociates from the thread and lets you and Levi come in and do the legwork while still attempting to sign his name on the wagon at the end (don't remember a post number but I did recall him telling AI that he's the one who initially poked us as if it matters). I know what he thinks about D1 but that doesn't excuse this type of play because it looks very sinister, a la what the scumteam in Luigi's Mansion did.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Something that concerns me about Gova is that he starts interacting with me and yet despite this his read on me doesn't change whatsoever. He's been way more concerned with calling me annoying and explaining why Jexs might appear scummy in the most out of context way possible. Your comment about him needing to play the game rings true but the fact that I don't recall him doing anything here and I do recall him in FL2 constantly busting my balls over the dumbest **** makes me incredibly distrustful of the slot. He's not a priority target at the moment but it's something to note going forward.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
thats like half of why i asked you if you had considered it so i could get a better read lol

having grown out of it and realizing why it's bad to be like that; i'm okay with lynching him even though i'm null on him
Posts like these are so incredibly maddening. Gova's lynchpool is like 5 people and none of them are slots he actually finds scummy.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Posts like these are so incredibly maddening. Gova's lynchpool is like 5 people and none of them are slots he actually finds scummy.

Your point being? Many people have similar feels and I am one of them with pretty much half the cast can get lynched.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Your point being? Many people have similar feels and I am one of them with pretty much half the cast can get lynched.
That I'm not okay with this play, that the number of people you think have such pisspoor reads is much smaller than it actually is, and that every single player whose reads are like this are all either in or milling around my lynchpool as result. This is weak play.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
I think we get alot more from Jex regardless of flip. Levi I'm uncertain on. I'd definitely like to see him elaborate on Dabooze. Once he does I'll go more into it and your reasoning. (Of which I can understand why you see it the way you do)

This is Ran btw.
Oddly enough I tend to agree with this, even if I think that Leviscum practically confirms Jexs scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J has this notion that he can just skip half of d1 at least and play the game just fine. While people let him get away with it, it's frustrating because it gives him a free pass into the game after he sees how it's developed, something potentially dangerous if he's scum.

I don't trust his content currently as it is. He's very sheepish. I don't know why he tied his vote to Ami's, he poked at me a little bit but instead of allowing himself to "get interested" and use his suspicions to read me, he disassociates from the thread and lets you and Levi come in and do the legwork while still attempting to sign his name on the wagon at the end (don't remember a post number but I did recall him telling AI that he's the one who initially poked us as if it matters). I know what he thinks about D1 but that doesn't excuse this type of play because it looks very sinister, a la what the scumteam in Luigi's Mansion did.
You keep saying I'm sheepish and I am still lacking to see where exactly I am. How am I sheepish when at the current time both Levi and Jexy are being talked about as lynch candidates and I explicitly said I do not want to lynch them.

That is the literal exact opposite of sheep so again, I am going to call your stuff bull and move on.

Also I never said I was the one who initially poked you, I said that I did just question you and not just hopping on to hop on. It was to FF that I expressed distaste for your slot.

And again, you are bringing up a game I was never even a part of with FUD about a certain "super scary scum-team" and also your first paragraph of saying how it's dangerous to let me skate to D2 and let me ease myself into the game? That's just your personal preference regarding my play and it's a null action I do regardless of alignment. So I do not like this coming from you considering that you are just saying this at this point just to throw some uncertainty towards me because of the type of player I am.

If you'd like to say things about me, that's okay, but at least make sure they are at the very least correct things or things that just aren't necessary like FUD. Thanks.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
@ #HBC | Leviathan #HBC | Leviathan : I apologize for not getting back to you with the reads I promised. Still working on Arcane/J. I'll give you BardulL for now. I feel he is slight town, simply because I like that he was able to see what I saw wrt Jex. To further develop my read, I need more. Now I actually have a question for you. Earlier you stated you expected me to join your push on Protein, and I have a guess as to why. But I want you to elaborate on why.

@BarDulL: How are you currently feeling Levi now? I know you were simply supporting me at the time, but it has been quite some time. Just curious.

I'll get back to you in more detail once I've talked about it with frozen. Generally I think your town reads are better than your scumreads with the exception of Bardull. I've never seen Bardull play over cautious at all, on the contrary and as Bardull has admitted himself he's exhibiting some kind of persona that seems everything EXCEPT cautious. The FoS on Levi still makes no sense to me at all with this in mind.
Can you tell me when you have seen Bardull not cautious as town?

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
You keep saying I'm sheepish and I am still lacking to see where exactly I am. How am I sheepish when at the current time both Levi and Jexy are being talked about as lynch candidates and I explicitly said I do not want to lynch them.

That is the literal exact opposite of sheep so again, I am going to call your stuff bull and move on.
congratulations you made your first original point (except it's not even original because AI has said as much, as has Levi not wanting to lynch Jexs, and so on).

Also I never said I was the one who initially poked you, I said that I did just question you and not just hopping on to hop on. It was to FF that I expressed distaste for your slot.

And again, you are bringing up a game I was never even a part of with FUD about a certain "super scary scum-team" and also your first paragraph of saying how it's dangerous to let me skate to D2 and let me ease myself into the game? That's just your personal preference regarding my play and it's a null action I do regardless of alignment. So I do not like this coming from you considering that you are just saying this at this point just to throw some uncertainty towards me because of the type of player I am.

If you'd like to say things about me, that's okay, but at least make sure they are at the very least correct things or things that just aren't necessary like FUD. Thanks.
Play the game, stop hiding on the sidelines poking and basically washing your hands of any sort of dirty work, make some actual ****ing moves, and stop crying when people suspect you for suspicious play, "I don't play D1" bull**** or no.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
congratulations you made your first original point (except it's not even original because AI has said as much, as has Levi not wanting to lynch Jexs, and so on).
Sure, walk around the point. Good move, sport.

Protean said:
Play the game, stop hiding on the sidelines poking and basically washing your hands of any sort of dirty work, make some actual ****ing moves, and stop crying when people suspect you for suspicious play, "I don't play D1" bull**** or no.

I am playing the game. I am not hiding on the sidelines and am making posts. It's D1, stop getting your panties in a twist about my play. I am not even complaining at people suspecting me for my typical D1 play, I haven't said anything besides just now to you saying it's null and it's FUD which it is. I play like this every D1 and it comes with results.

You do realize people play the game differently then you, correct? I am getting mildly annoyed with you currently and would ask you to think before posting rather than flow post to me.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Dang it Gorf. It's fine though, I'm sure he's busy. I know how it feels to hold the fort, no worries Laundry. (Yo laundry we should hydra btw) I can wait for it.

Top Bottom