• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Sorta, I was worried he will get swallowed up in pressure and get lynched because he can't handle it.
What are you making of his current posts? He's not really getting pressured but there's a lot of **** where he just seems inconsistent and afraid to make a push.

:substitute:

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Not exactly surprising, I believe it was Protean in posts 54 and 66 where he explained this is just how JeXs is and I don't expect that to change until JeXs is more experienced. In fact one of the things which stood out most to me was in 382 where he lightly pushed you after you pushed Levi.
No, I made a point of saying that he doesn't respond to pressure that well but that's an entirely different point. Comparing what I saw in the mini to what I'm seeing now, there's little movement in his words and a lot of times that I'm just scratching my head and wondering if he's actually this shallow or if he's scum.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Well if there's one thing I learnt it's that being honest and open will get people to scum read me.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
FF head here

no SvS between any of these three confirmed (levi, murder, protean)

this much aggression and emotion in the early game is def not faked. spontaneous and raw as ****

not ruling out a TvS in the mix though

gova - protean confirm not SvS either, same ****
dude how can you say with a straight face that this reasoning isn't grimy as ****

I don't dislike you for your protean dislike at all. dislike him all you want, I think WL is easiest to read when he's being attacked. its the way you did it that was a red flag. also im clearly not alone in this opinion of your play:

wowwwwwww looking at you so hard if either of these slots flip scum (jexs, levi)

this is almost too obvious but damn that's some tip toeing if Ive ever seen it

http://smashboards.com/threads/mafi...y-1-the-begining.360822/page-10#post-17069567

^probably the most scumhunty post made this game. this makes me like murder as a T slot if there's TvTvS in murder/protean/levi squabble. not quite sold on levi by this though. gotta bounce some thoughts off ghebs about that wagon

as a general note jex seems cool as a ****ing cucumber for such a new player which tells me hes either prodigal scum or townie unfazed by everything being tossed his way. cant really substantiate this too well but def my strongest town read atm

J continues to give me bad vibes. haven't seen anything reassuring from the slot and the whole giving out his vote thing and now "threatening" to take it back just sounds like lame distancing from responsibility to do anything on his own. normally not a big meta guy but does anyone have any insight as to whether or not this type of behavior lines up with typical early game scum play for J?
can you respond to my post? if not, can you get gheb to?

JeXs

Smash Champion
Well whatever. I'm losing motivation at a rapid rate along with real life bull****. You can expect much lesser posts from me.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
@ Dramatic Flair Dramatic Flair : I asked you for Levi. Is there anything that you'd like to know from me (a read to throw back to ya), or would you rather me just do my thing and you just see it for what it is?

JeXs

Smash Champion
Why the **** do you think I'm still invested? I'm losing motivation mostly because of me being pissed off by a ****ty lecturer who literally wants me to fail. Anyway, I don't give a **** if you think I'm lying.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
I thought it was in-game reasoning along side the real life stuff. Sorry about the teacher being a douche though. Let's toast walrus.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Also cuz everyone seems to think I'm scum when I'm just being as honest as I can. Maybe I'm just stupid but it makes me mad cuz I feel I'm throwing the game for town.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Save talk like that for post game. I don't care what your alignment is, if a game happens, it happens. You're not even under pressure. The unnecessary AtE makes me just look at you as jumpy and the leading cause of jumpy new players is being scum.

Imo, stop AtEing.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Hey Protean. Can you tell me your updated reads on Jex, Dabooze, Levi, and Arcane Magickz?
I really wanted to give Jexs the benefit of the doubt but Gorf thinks he's scummy and I'm inclined to agree. I really want to say he's just that stupid/shallow and that his weak reads, common logical jumps, and lack of effort are him being confused/unsure of himself but it's such textbook noobscum play that I can't

We both like dabunz. Neither of us are confident in the read (Gorf initially called him null but changed it once I said I saw a bit of townie in him) but we're both at a point where we can give him a pass.

I hated Arcane's post where he votes Bardull. Absolutely loathed it and it shot him to the top of my suspect list. Thing is, his two posts on the last page are really ****ing good and it eases a lot of my trouble with the slot. I would, however, want him to respond to the post I made about him earlier.

Levi is a read I'm not as sold on but is one I'm slowly coming around to. Gorf is convinced he's really scummy. He said his approach to our wagon felt extremely mechanical and he's using his posting style to cover up for it, also that he's calling way too hard for the dabunz wagon and, when in a position of power, tried to weasel in back up lynches out of me + dabuz. If Levi = scum, dabuz = town from Gorf's pov.

vote: Levi

I want just a bit more time to figure out where Jexs lies in the dumb or scum scale.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Probably exaggerated but it just seems that people are starting to scum read me for being "shallow" and not scum hunting or whatever.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Well sorry for not being a real robot and actually having emotions. Lynch me if you want.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
it goes farther than that @ JeXs JeXs but i agree that the AtE isn't helping much regardless of alignment.

gorf is taking this position @ #HBC | Amidamaru #HBC | Amidamaru cuz it's what he's been doing this whole time and he digs the chemistry it allows between him and laundry.

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
Laundry forever reading me as scum, except for that one time in tranquility where I actually was scum >_<

what is your take on leviathan through all of this? how about werekill? just because ryker was involved in my push and one of the guys who started it doesn't mean he was the only one commenting on it. it baffles my mind that you would walk in here and disregard everyone else by sweeping it under the rug of the three players you mentioned.
re leviathan: I thought he might have had something interesting to say about dabuz whom I have little experience playing with and was interested to see where that read was going. I'm still actually interested in it @#HBC | Leviathan ... between you asking me this question and me getting to respond to it, a lot has been said about Levi. I honestly haven't read through a lot of it [or about it] because his posts are long as **** and everybody knows how much I hate walls. I'll talk with frozen about it.

re werekill: This guy hasn't been on my radar yet. I don't see anything that stands out in his posts. Then again, I don't really know anything about him either so I'm always wary of getting blindsided by people like him because nobody seems to notice him or be bothered by anything he says. Not that he has given us anything to be bothered about but based on my limited experience with him I think he gets a lot of free passes on account of various things. I personally prefer to stay sceptical of slots like him even though I tend to make things unnecessarily complicated at times.

re ryker: who if not him should have realized that you'd attack ami for his whack meta-read on jexs? Even though it's typical of Zen/Ran not to care about such things, it's also somewhat typical of you to not care about that. Ryker may not have been the only one to attack you for it but surely he is the one player who should have known that you tend to take things at face value and hold players to similar standards regardless of how good or bad they are seen among the community. I don't really see why Ryker wouldn't stand out more than other people who have voted you.

and furthermore why would you vote bardull who's said like ****ing nothing? why wouldn't you vote j who you made a previous, if slight, mention of distaste? where's your comments on him and how he relates to my wagon?
I'm not even gonna try to debunk your point here because I actually agree that pushing J is not a bad idea at all. But like I said, I went with Bardull first because his play and early-game sillyness reminded me of monster mafia and I see no reason why I should let off now. I'd be the last to resist against a J-push though [especially since frozen also seems to dislike him], provided I get to hear a good reason for it.

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
Also Laundry, don't tell me Bardulls FoS on Levi wasn't all kinds of bull****. Because it totally was.

:059:

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
Somebody please summarize the case on Levi for me? I just skimmed back and seen Bardull, dabuz and Jexs all either voting him or mentioning him as a suspect alongside the people who are already suspecting him from earlier. But I haven't seen any particular reasoning on it from them. Plus most of Levi's posts that he's being suspected for are pretty long. Summary plz.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
DAY 1, VOTING LIST
(2) Bunzy - Jexs, Leviathan,

(4) Leviathan - Bunzy, Murderbush, Bardull, Protean

(1) Protean - Werekill

(1) Bardull - Arcane Inferno

Not voting - , J, We Thuggin, Gova, Admidamaru,

with 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynche
Deadline is July 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST

-----------------------

NO YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY ***** MOUTH

No you shut the **** up.
You're not this stupid. You can't be this stupid. Please tell me you're not this dense.

MOD: Hey, let's keep it civil here. I know arguements tend to get heated, but that doesn't mean we should lose our santity either. I don't want a repeat of 'Zombie's Mafia.' (where people got so personal, it de-motivated nearly the entire cast).

Protean and Admidamaru, you guys have been warned.

Top Bottom