• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Barhouse Sleepover: "Hey Town, drinks are on me!"

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol Ronike, your read is so far off it's not even funny. At least on me, and I don't really see where the Tom=scum thing is coming from either. Anyway, Jungle's non-role reveal is annoying. I've never seen a role that does something like this before, so I'm really not sure whether he's scum or town:/. Moving right along though, I'm trying to piece things together to decide where I think we should go.

I do have some solid town reads. In fact, there are two people currently who I am quite confident are town, and maybe another who's less questionable than the other remaining people. I'll be putting some work in on the 4 who I still have questions about, and decide where I think the play is. I'll have a quality post up by the end of the night for sure. It is getting to the point in the game where I generally actually play good after allXD

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Tom, why'd you put him at l-1 when you knew there'd
be duelin lynches?

So frustrated right now...
My vote was actually already on Jungle.

???, (Jungle), ???? has been killed!
First, this is gay as hell. Today would be extremely different if we knew what junglefever was.

Second, if Jungle was scum, I could see his role being the cause of the lack of information. If he is town, then I don't see it being his role, and I see it being a scum power. A townie who flips nothing when he dies is completely anti-town. However, a scum role that can "janitor" a lynch is great. I do suspect, however, that the person who does it would have to be on the lynch, and even more so, I am suspicious of Steel's hammer on Jungle. If there is a mafia role that can "janitor" a lynch, it would probably have to hammer.

I'd like to hear what people think about that. Ronike mentions a possible role but doesn't elaborate.

Interesting, I got a different flavour this night. Rockin, are we meant to not know who it is...?
Summoner, what the **** are you doing, honestly? You have been a severely minimal presence all game, and you are our clear. And yet here you are teasing us but NOT telling us what happened? Give me a break. Play the game please.

A scum Jan Hides on nk, and I know of a twilight scum role that hides the lynch, but I don't remember the name.

Ff, come back, why'd you have to die? You were the only one I was sure was town.

I don't think steels the scummiest here, but I'm so frustrated with him at this point Im willing to go with him for a lynch.

vote steel
You were more confident that Frozenflame was town than Summoner?

I'd like to know what kind of twilight scum role you are thinking of. Precedent is convincing.

I am also completely okay with a Steel lynch. I would also settle for Nix... maybe Gheb too.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm not the play and I'm confident I won't be lynched.
Soft-claim, much?

Ronike who do you think is actually the scummiest?

I'm most uncomfortable with mentos as I've explained multiple times and Frozen's points on Riddle's interactions with him strengthened my thoughts. Along with the lack of genuinity (is this a word) I feel from his posts he doesn't give us much concrete information that ignites discussion so a lot of his posts just act as fillers.

So, action. vote mentos
Who else besides mentosman? I'm very curious to know. Also, the word is genuineness, or better yet, authentic.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Xiivi can you update the first post?

and can we get a VC now that we are on a new page?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Tom, I just said a page ago I thought mentos' was the most scummy, with you as close second. Steel just hasn't been around enough for me to get a read on, gheb I'm fairly comfy with, all I have against nix is the bad name claim and ff felt good about him, and summoner is "cop".

Yes, I felt better about ff than I do/did about summoner. I realize roleblocking cop is an optimal play, especially since summoner is fairly low profile in this game, but if I were scum I'd want the cop dead. Plus his absences and uncooperativeness make me uncomfortable with flat out clearing him.

That being said, he's not the play in the foreseeable future. Steel is today unless he can magically convince me otherwise, in which case mentons is the play

I don't know the name of the role, nor do I have precedence, but I recall stumbling upon the role the first time I was in a game with twilight and was looking up twilight roles.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Currently re-reading(D1 is taking forever, it's like reading a friggin school textbook>_>), but Ronike, if you know OS was Splash Woman as you claim to, what makes you still doubt Summoner's claim? I'm not trying to say it's scummy, I'm just curious because with the information we have, I can't find any good reason to disbelieve Summoner's claim, and if you've got something I want to hear it so I don't entirely rule out a possibility from missing a line of thought. Either way I agree he's not anywhere close to the play, I'm just curious if I'm missing something or if it's just a bit of paranoia that makes you suspicious:)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Tom, I just said a page ago I thought mentos' was the most scummy, with you as close second. Steel just hasn't been around enough for me to get a read on, gheb I'm fairly comfy with, all I have against nix is the bad name claim and ff felt good about him, and summoner is "cop"..
Hmm, I don't know what incited this response... I don't think I asked you of your suspicions, but they are noted :3

I'm waiting for Steel to claim, honestly. He claimed outrightly that he wouldn't be lynched today, which is nudging a soft-claim PR if I've ever seen one, which is an interesting development with my working theory (hammering lynch jan) developing.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, because I don't want him to lurk anymore, I again remind Summoner that we NEED more of a presence from him. Ronike thought FF was more town than you, and you are an un-cc'd cop with a lynched guilty under your belt -- that is saying something about your lacking activity, and how it affects opinions and morale.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, it's getting late and I've got work really early in the morning so I won't be able to give as much tonight as I thought. I do have some ideas forming however, and I will say, especially with tomorrow likely being lylo, I'm thinking Steel is the play. I'll elaborate some more once I've re-read up the rest of the game, but I've definitely got a lot better feel for the game now than I did before. Anyway, I start at 5:30 tomorrow morning, and will finish my re-read and post a better conglomeration of my thoughts afterward.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
and until then, we can hear steel claim and we can hear summoner talk about what happened to him each night and he can give his opinions

id also like to hear from ghebby gheb

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
A scum Jan Hides on nk, and I know of a twilight scum role that hides the lynch, but I don't remember the name.
I talked a lot to Xiivi on AIM about games I'm intending to host in the future. He kept mentioning that role - it's called "encrypter".

I do have some solid town reads. In fact, there are two people currently who I am quite confident are town, and maybe another who's less questionable than the other remaining people. I'll be putting some work in on the 4 who I still have questions about, and decide where I think the play is. I'll have a quality post up by the end of the night for sure. It is getting to the point in the game where I generally actually play good after allXD
Ok, it's getting late and I've got work really early in the morning so I won't be able to give as much tonight as I thought. I do have some ideas forming however, and I will say, especially with tomorrow likely being lylo, I'm thinking Steel is the play. I'll elaborate some more once I've re-read up the rest of the game, but I've definitely got a lot better feel for the game now than I did before. Anyway, I start at 5:30 tomorrow morning, and will finish my re-read and post a better conglomeration of my thoughts afterward.
You know, as much as I think Steel is scum I can't say I disagree with his line of thought on you when I read posts like these. This isn't your fault I guess but I still think that a lot of your posts are filler. Lots of words - little content.

I'd like to hear what people think about that. Ronike mentions a possible role but doesn't elaborate.
The way the role works according to Xiivi the assumed encrypter doesn't have to be the hammer vote. I'm not sure if he has to be on the lynch at all but I guess that's up to the mod if he modifies a role for balance purposes. So far all townie flips were Vanilla - it could just be coincidence that the mafia only killed Vanilla Townies but it could also mean that it's a vanilla heavy game (Rockin's last game had 6 vanillas I think). On the flipside we have a confirmed Janitor, a likely encrypter and according to Summoner a Roleblocker as well. Ronike also claims to know Overswarm's role - SK / Tracker, which also looks quite powerful.
Point in case is that it's very possible that Rockin limited the ability of the encrypter in order to balance the game better because right now the only confirmed townies are vanillas whereas all confirmed and assumed anti-town players have special powers.

Even so, I think we should treat it as null because in the end it's only speculation. Steel should be the lynch toDay regardless.

:059:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Steel (2) Gheb, Ronike

Mentos (1) Steel

Not voting - Tom, Nix, Summoner, Mentos

------------------------

Front page has been fixed, as requested

NOTE: I'll do my best to update the Vote Count as best as I can, but Xiivi should still be your go-to guy till I get back

get at my dedication :p

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Okay, I guess there's no avoiding the claim then

I'm the doctor, protected FF n1 and summoner the rest. I tried to completely alter my play style this game so that I wouldn't be in the spotlight. In Batmafia 2 I had a really important role but people didn't like my play style so I was constantly under suspicion and would have been lynched if tom didn't help. I tried to completely tone it down this game by not being as active but still trying to post once or twice a day but once again, I can't seem to find a play style that agrees with anyone. I really hate this game (ever since OS called me a coiled spring -_-).

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Summoner's wordpad in progress in which he promises to pull his finger out and do something tomorrow said:
D1:
On Lynch:Tom, KevinM(town), Junglefever(???), Nix, Ronike, Mentos, Virg(town), Summoner(town)
On Steel: Overswarm(town), Riddle(scum)
On Virg: Steel
On riddle: Chibo(town)
On Junglefever: Gheb
Frozenflame

NOTES: Nix - Riddle dialouge #317 onwards. Getting faked vibes but whatever, tell me if you disagree..

D2:

Riddle:"Nix, your play seems...inconsistent. First you seem opposed to how fast my lynch was going and now you put me at L-1?
FoS: Nix"
Riddle freely admitted to saying his lynched was inevitable, so this FoS would have been made with this in mind (since he was like L-1 or L-2 or something)

On Riddle(Scum): SummonerAU(town), Steel, Gheb_01, Nix2100, Tom, Riddle(scum)
frozenflame751(town), Junglefever(???), mentosman8, Ronike, Virgilijus(town)

D3:
Junglefever (5) Mentos, Gheb, Nix, Tom, Steel
Steel (1) Frozenflame(town), Ronike
Not Voting: Jungle(???), Summoner(town)

NOTE: Nix is on all mislynches at 3 or 4. Jumps on pretty 'easily' on the Chibo lynch. Non existent D1 twilight. Nix post #480 is interesting with the "maybe not a jan"
I kinda just got home from a long day and it's 1:45am, I will be looking into Nix in detail more tomorrow. Based on meta, who do you think is the most likely player to keep a cop alive and roleblocked? Least likely player? Tom, I know this might be a useless question, but with a Town Cop, Doctor and one shot Coroner, do you think that scum would have any other PRs aside from Roleblocker and Janitor?

oh yeah, roleblocked, right sorry about the silly. Should I say who I tried to investigate since I got two different roleblock flavours (one being thwack another being no result)?
SO TIRED.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I may be on all the mislynches, but i also had no problems with killing Riddle, notice who isn't though? Mentos and for the Chibo lynch...it was Day 1, im fairly sure there were a lot of people that jumped on "pretty easily" >_>

As for my Convo, after going back and reading it...I think its more Riddle trying to act town while being scum that makes it seem fake.

Don't really have anything to say about that FoS to be honest. *shrug*

As for the #480, I took that statement back after Tom corrected my thoughts based on the actual killing and not abducted, so not sure what you expect to take out of that.

And Summoner...I enjoy feeling loved as much as the next person, but you might want to also pay attention to the other plays and not just me >_>

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
As for your investigations, the Roleblocked one wouldn't really help us, and I have no clue what would cause a 'no result' either, So I am a bit curious of everyone else's thoughts on what causes that @_@

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
summoner you should just tell us everything you know.

steel did you ever breadcrumb or hint at doctor?

if we dont lynch steel today, who would we be lynching? imo nix or gheb. what is this mentos ****? he isn't scummy.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, so time for a more elaborate post to go with what I said last night.(Jeez Gheb, you just have to call me out on a post I specifically said I didn't have time to make good didn't youXD) Anyway...

So, on to the reason I said I felt most comfortable with a Steel lynch. First of all, going into what is potentially(likely) lylo tomorrow, the player I feel least confident having around is Steel. I think it was the general consensus yesterday that he was one of the links felt weakest in a lylo team. The other thing that made me want to do so more was an(at the time) completely innocuous comment by Riddle, that I completely forgot about until my re-read.

The lynch DID seem sort of fast. I think some mafia definitely had to be on that wagon.
Now, this is a generally accepted townie mindset, that given a mislynch, especially one that fell together so quickly, that scum would be on it. However, with Riddle flipping scum, it changes the playing field a bit. Let me just post the vote count real quick.

With 14 people, it takes 8 to lynch

Chibo (8) - Tom, KevinM, Junglefever?, Nix, Ronike, Mentosme, Virg, Summoner?

Steel (2) - Overswarm, Riddle

Virg (1) - Steel

Riddle (1) - Chibo

Junglefever (1) - Gheb

Those not voting : Frozenflame
I bolded the players who are still alive to make it clear where we all were, and filled in colors for the dead's alignments. It is so extremely unlikely that Summoner is scum, that I'm willing to continue on assuming he is.

Now, we can likely assume that Jungle was town. Why? Because although he could be scum and was hidden to confuse us, the chances are he's town, and we have to assume so going forward because if he was, tomorrow is lylo. These two have lime question marks next to their name to mark the fact that I have good enough inclinations to their alignments to move forward. Obviously this is from my pov, so I also marked myself.

Now, out of the players on the Chibo wagon, I am confident whether by death, situation, or read that 6 of them are town(one of them is the strong read I mentioned earlier). This leaves 2 people that I'm not sure about, but I can see that this is a very townsided lynch.

Given Riddle's comment at the end of the day, I find it very possible that he wanted to steer attention to those on the lynch. Luckily Summoner stepped in with a guilty, or this is likely exactly what would have happened. Given that two of the people I'm not that sure about are on the lynch, and two not, I can't tell exactly where scum lies. However, Riddle wanted us to focus on those on the Chibo lynch, which makes me want to look at those NOT on the lynch. Especially considering I can tell it was a very townie lynch, and our two anti-town(assuming OS is really SK, which is a pretty safe assumption) are off it.

Now, D2 he was on the Riddle lynch, and relatively early, but disappeared for most of the remainder of the day. He had 3 total posts between his vote on Riddle and the end of day flavor, one of which occurred during twilight. These were also the only 3 posts he made during the day with any content whatsoever. The two during the day(post vote) were:

Why are you so cautious with him at -2?

If Riddle flips town we lynch Summoner toMorrow, standard play.
Post 468, responding to Nix being cautious about him being L-2. Doesn't add anything to the discussion, just states a strategy of knee-jerking if Riddle flipped town.

I was out last night after I posted and that's why I disappeared, not trying to stay out of the spotlight. I've read up but leaving for an all day concert festival very soon-

Frozen to answer your question@ me I think Summoner is legit and Riddle is scum. Look at Riddle's play D1 and tell me if you see anything town about it. I didn't have any problem with Summoner's investigation choice and I'm also not sure what you're getting at with Tom as i'm okay with his play.

Feel free to bombard me with questions for me to answer tomorrow evening (tomorrow is graduation so won't be at a computer until late afternoon at the earliest).
Post 517 I can't comment on his comments on why he won't be able to post for the next day and a half, because it could easily be legitimate either alignment. What does strike me about this post, is the lack of any comment that wasn't toward a question specifically directed at him. He has now made his last pre-lynch post still not having given anything really detailed. Even his answer to FF sounded almost scripted in a way that gives very little more than the basics. I don't know, the whole post just seems like avoiding the situation, and it feels to me like he put his vote down early because the lynch was pretty likely, and it would allow him to look better, then proceeded to avoid much content on the situation to avoid a fake looking argument.

Because I had no reason to remove it. I feel better about him today because he's actually playing and his contributions are more worthwhile now that he isn't so limited and being more concrete with things. Plus the whole misreading name claim as role claim thing with tom felt town to me.

I'm uncomfortable with mentos because some of his posts just don't sound genuine to me and posts like 493 make me ask why he even made them, because that one feels as if he's trying to nudge the very unlikely possibility that summoner is using OS's jann'd role. Nix is definitely town for me. Jungle I can't bring myself to trust because he plays the same when he's scum and I have no input to work with.

Do you have no problems with Mentos? Plus I haven't even been prodded in this game. Game caught me at a busy time with graduation/family matters/parties etc. I've very rarely even been at a computer the last few days.
His next post, #570, I have already mentioned for the middle portion. This occurs during twilight. Now, first of all, once again he only comments on questions directed at him. The first section relating to Virg is a relatively legitimate response to the comments directed at him. The second section is, of course, what I called out earlier where he misleads what I said in my His next post, #493, trying to make me out to be scummy saying I said pretty much the exact opposite of what I actually did.

The final part he brings up the fact that he hasn't been prodded, in a post that was 78 hours after his last and would have been prod worthy had Rockin noticed it. It seems odd to take credit for something like that, especially when the only reason it holds up is because the mod didn't notice it. If you want the exact times, 6/5 at 9AM to 6/8 at 3:15PM(obviously times may differ, but the distance will naturally be equal.) Really Steel just seems to have cruised along trying to limit his input so nothing could later be used against him.

D3 he had some more content, but obviously being V/LA for most of the day allowed him to once again get by without giving us anything to work with.

Now, since my post last night Steel has come out and claimed doctor. This does not help him IMO. Summoner hasn't been of too much help outside his Riddle investigation, and with scum roleblocker it doesn't matter if cop is protected or not because he's still not going to get an investigation. Not to mention, we can be pretty certain that someone is, in fact, an encrypter. This means that claims no longer mean anything. Not to mention, if we mislynch on someone other than Steel and he doesn't die, we could easily wind up in LYLO with massive WIFOM surrounding him.

Don't get me wrong, there are other lynches I'd be willing to make, but a Steel lynch will take away a lot of mucky WIFOM tomorrow, and also allow me to see if my theory on Riddle's intentions at the end of D1 holds any water. Plus it puts things in a situation where pretty much any kill gives me a very strong direction for the next day, regardless of the flip.

This has been kind of stream-of-consciousness as I've gone, so if anything doesn't make sense or you have any questions feel free to let me know. I may have more to say in a while, but this post is long enough as is and I'd like to hear thoughts on it.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Gheb, Ronike, Mentos, and I all agree that Steel should be the lynch today.

So, let's do it?

vote: Steel

We have all twilight to hear more from Summoner IMO.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'm out right now and posting on my phone but yes I hinted yesterday about my "doctors appointment", I did not hve a doctors appointment.

So I don't know what ****ing wifom mentos is talking about but if I'm lynched then seriously just -_-

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
if we dont lynch steel today, who would we be lynching? imo nix or gheb. what is this mentos ****? he isn't scummy.
1.) On what basis would you lynch Nix or me?
2.) I think mentos has been pretty scummy all game.

Now, since my post last night Steel has come out and claimed doctor. This does not help him IMO. Summoner hasn't been of too much help outside his Riddle investigation, and with scum roleblocker it doesn't matter if cop is protected or not because he's still not going to get an investigation. Not to mention, we can be pretty certain that someone is, in fact, an encrypter. This means that claims no longer mean anything. Not to mention, if we mislynch on someone other than Steel and he doesn't die, we could easily wind up in LYLO with massive WIFOM surrounding him.
Right, this is exactly the kind of situation where it's dangerous to keep the claimed doc alive. Marshy used to preach that lynching the claimed Doc is the right play and in this situation I would go as far as to say it's imperative to get rid of him asap.

Don't get me wrong, there are other lynches I'd be willing to make, but a Steel lynch will take away a lot of mucky WIFOM tomorrow, and also allow me to see if my theory on Riddle's intentions at the end of D1 holds any water. Plus it puts things in a situation where pretty much any kill gives me a very strong direction for the next day, regardless of the flip.
Who are these "other lynches"?

:059:

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Vote: Steel

No need to keep this going, we can continue discussing in Twillight like Tom said. I more or less agree with the majority of what Mentos said, and for the record he totally dropped a few points on my scum list from that post, that was nicely thought out. I'm also with Gheb in wondering who you think the other lynches are.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, you'd rather I get lynched tomorrow than the person who hammered with 6 days before the deadline before everyone had spoken up or you had a chance to properly respond to what I had posted? If you really are town, that's a horrible standpoint to make.

Nix, why did you feel the need to hammer with so long before the deadline before Steel even had a chance to respond? If he ends up flipping town(I don't expect it, but it's possible) I'll be gunning for you tomorrow.

Gheb: My other lynches do have an order, but I'm not going to post exactly who they are. Why? Because I don't want people to know which player I'm trusting right now. The less scum knows, the less they can manipulate the night to take that person away from me. I will say though, there are exactly 3 people I would be willing to lynch tomorrow, and depending on Steel's flip now, I will have a precise order I want to look at them(I guess I've already hinted at one of these now)

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Nix, why did you feel the need to hammer with so long before the deadline before Steel even had a chance to respond? If he ends up flipping town(I don't expect it, but it's possible) I'll be gunning for you tomorrow.

If Steel flips town, I will be more then happy to even vote for myself to make my lynch quicker

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
You haven't seen Steel's flip, dont assume he is town already until you do.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
im just going off of what he said. unless hes baiting a governor, theres no reason for him to lie right now.

anyways, ofc i hope he is mafia, i voted for him, but i think its safe for me to assume hes town right now post-lynch from what he said

aka im not a governor oooh~

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
If Steel actually flips doctor, Nix is highly likely scum. Beyond that I'm going to have to wait and see who I think is the more likely partner. However, still not entirely convinced that Steel actually is the doc yet. Mostly because the comment he claimed to be a breadcrumb was also a john to come back a day later than he originally said he would, and allowed him the excuse to hammer in his first post back without it looking as bad.

Regardless, if he does flip doc, Nix definitely needs to go tomorrow. That's just a terrible move if he's town, and I can't see any reason for a townie to do it.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Steel (4) Gheb, Ronike, Tom, Nix

Mentos (1) Steel

Not voting - Summoner, Mentos

------------------------

It is now twilight

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Go ahead and hate me now, but when he flips scum i expect apologies from you all.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
whatever duders. i dont hate you for hammering, nix. i was just saying that assuming steel is town, you gotta be scum. we went over this just now.

also THIS TWENTY FOUR HOUR TWILIGHT IS GAYER THAN A MUG FOR REAL

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
guys, mass roleclaim tomorrow?

still working on my stuff, sorry if it seeed a little one sided on you Nix, that's just because you stood out the most on votes and stuff. I am intending on including everyone.

I investigated Mentos N2 and got thwacked on the head(it did also mention no result). I investigated Gheb N3 and got a simple 'no result'.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
whatever duders. i dont hate you for hammering, nix. i was just saying that assuming steel is town, you gotta be scum. we went over this just now.

also THIS TWENTY FOUR HOUR TWILIGHT IS GAYER THAN A MUG FOR REAL
This! Stupid extended twilight:(
Didn't you guys wanted to continue discussions during twillight? >_>

guys, mass roleclaim tomorrow?

still working on my stuff, sorry if it seeed a little one sided on you Nix, that's just because you stood out the most on votes and stuff. I am intending on including everyone.

I investigated Mentos N2 and got thwacked on the head(it did also mention no result). I investigated Gheb N3 and got a simple 'no result'.
I'm thinking you were roleblocked N3 as well and Ronike didn't bother too much with the flavor, cause I still can't think of anything that would cause a no result aside from the RB.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, since it's here, of course I'll extend conversation through it. However, I would prefer to not have 24 hour twilights every day.

Top Bottom