• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Barhouse Sleepover: "Hey Town, drinks are on me!"

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
massclaim tomorrow sounds ok to me

looking at what we already know, i doubt we will see any surprises

claims cant save you anymore, ******s

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm also OK with mass claiming toMorrow. I honestly don't expect Steel to flip Doc though.

:059:

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
@Summoner - Honestly? I was expecting vanilla townie. I mentioned it in one of my other posts but having a town as inactive as JF is about the same as him being scum.

I am also perfectly fine with a mass claim tomorrow....though would I have a choice regardless? =P

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Personally? =P Steel is scum, Jungle is indie, mentos is town....why? No idea =p Gut feeling I suppose. Don't have much a feel on their posts so *Shrug*
Since you changed your mind, you won't mind saying why your opinion changed, right Nix?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
At which point? I think i switched back and forth on Steel on whether he was town or scum, A change between indie or town isn't that much of a difference as neither are scum, and I think i've stated the reasons why i felt mentos was scum.

And summoner, seriously stop wasting your time on me, I'm not scum, and Steel's flip will prove it -_-

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
On Jungle, geez.

I'm curious Nix, curious. You must have some reasons as to why your thoughts on him changed from indy to town. iirc he didn't post that much between the periods so one of those posts must have changed your mind. So, what was it?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I never had much of a feeling on him to begin with which i said as much in that post...and I am really confused as to what the difference is between indy and town in the long run, because like I said, neither are scum so it's not that much of a jump.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Night 4 Begins & Twilight 4 Ends!

Tron Bonne, Steel, Mafia Encryptor has been lynched!

Deadline for Night 4 has been set for 06.29.10.23:59 EST.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I was gonna do flavor, but Xiivi wants to be a meanie head and just show the results. D:

Commander of Team Galactic (Ronike), Town Coroner, has died a bloody death!

With Five alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

Deadline is July 6th

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Niiice, sorry to see Ronike go, but this makes things a lot easier. Everyone still down for a mass claim? Cuz I know I am^.^

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hah! Wow, are you for real!? Ronike died instead of Summoner? Lawls!

Please, remember, no votes until we have decided everything, even though we have a mislynch.

Yeah buddy, I'm totally down for a mass-claim too. ^_^ I'd like to see either Nix or Gheb (or both) go before Mentos.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm not Princess Shroob.

I'm a Gerudo Guard, and I'm a town mason. Mentosman, the Gerudo Soldier, is my partner. We are confirmed town to each other. Forgive me for faking a name claim when everyone pushed for a mass name claim - I had to prevent our masonry from being discovered and being picked off, because it is extremely powerful in lylo. Mentos will confirm all of this. We have been breadcrumbing it as much as possible. It was very nervewracking coming up with a fake claim. I almost claimed Birdo, lol.

The game is won. Nix or Gheb today, the other one tomorrow.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Mafia Roleblocker is still alive, so I am assuming they are blocking Summoner and killing other people....and I'm HOPING that there is only one more scum left, because if that's the case I just cleared mentos last night >_> and Tom's explanation would fit that as well....Roleblocked Mentos last night on the chance that Mafia would continue Roleblocking Summoner.

I am the Town Roleblocker/Doctor =P and yes, THAT'S why I Hammered Steel.

Out of curiosity, what was Mento's before he got mason'd?

....I won't lie....if there were 4 mafia instead of 3, chances are Tom and mentos would be the last ones, but I am not really sure how high or low those chances are.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
.....That also reminds me, Mentos Why did you claim Gerudo Soldier instead of your original name?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Firstly, I will formally confirm everything Tom has said. Second @ nix's questions, Tom didn't mason me, we're a closed masonry since the beginning of the game. Also, Gerudo soldier is my original name, so I did claim my real one. Like Tom said though, we've got a ml and it's Gheb or Nix(leaning Gheb), so Ronike's death instead of nigh-cleared summoner was a blessing^.^ at work right now though so won't be able to post again till I get home.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
a closed masonry? Any reason why you didn't mason anyone? I'm sure there were a few people you were sure were town.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Still on break so I got this one, yes nix, a closed masonry is unable to recruit. It's a version of the role where(generally) 2 people are masoned from the get-go, but cannot add any others. You're thinking of a recruiting mason, which starts off alone and builds members

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Mafia Roleblocker is still alive, so I am assuming they are blocking Summoner and killing other people....and I'm HOPING that there is only one more scum left, because if that's the case I just cleared mentos last night >_> and Tom's explanation would fit that as well....Roleblocked Mentos last night on the chance that Mafia would continue Roleblocking Summoner.

I am the Town Roleblocker/Doctor =P and yes, THAT'S why I Hammered Steel.

Out of curiosity, what was Mento's before he got mason'd?

....I won't lie....if there were 4 mafia instead of 3, chances are Tom and mentos would be the last ones, but I am not really sure how high or low those chances are.
What is the name of your role, specifically?

Who did you use your action on each night?

Does your roleblock block lethal actions (aka nightkills or serial kills)? If you do not know this, LOOK IT UP, or ask the mods.

If you didn't roleblock summoner this night, I wonder what summoner will say he has as a night action result last night.

.....Tom....when did you Mason Mentos?
Never. We started as masons.

.....That also reminds me, Mentos Why did you claim Gerudo Soldier instead of your original name?
What? He claimed Gerudo Soldier. Why did you ask this question?

a closed masonry? Any reason why you didn't mason anyone? I'm sure there were a few people you were sure were town.
or wait, does Closed mean you can't recruit anyone?
We cannot mason anyone.

Oh, and final thing, *brofist* at tom for us making it to d5 alive and without having to claim and be killedXD
**** yeah duder we just had to sit the fence and lynch who we wanted. :3 I HOPE WE GET MVPS FOR THIS <3

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Anyways, I'm not going to condone lynching anyone until we hear from Gheb + Nix til my ears are dry and until we hear from Summoner about his opinion on which to lynch and who he targeted / what results he got. He is V/LA for a couple of days though, so right now, we will focus on Gheb + Nix.

Summoner please post when you can.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
What is the name of your role, specifically?

Who did you use your action on each night?

Does your roleblock block lethal actions (aka nightkills or serial kills)? If you do not know this, LOOK IT UP, or ask the mods.

If you didn't roleblock summoner this night, I wonder what summoner will say he has as a night action result last night.
The exact name of my role is Town Hot Nurse!.

N1: Roleblocked Tom
N2: Protect Summoner
N3: Protect Summoner
N4: Roleblock Mentos

and i never roleblocked summoner =P like I said, mafia roleblocker must still be alive.

As for my ability to stop kills <_< Can't roleblock them, but I Can save people as a Doc....which....*shrug* doesn't really protect me much at night =P

Also, my questions about mentos and you and the mason thing was because I assumed you were a recruiting mason, not a closed mason so yea =P

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Okay. If you have any other opinions, I'd love to hear them. Otherwise, I am waiting on Gheb and Summoner, and I'll talk with Mentos.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
What caused that question on whether or not I could stop Night Kills? >_>

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You said that you "cleared Mentos" to yourself, but I didn't know what you meant by that. I thought you meant that you roleblocked him to try to prevent the lethal night kill, but a kill still happened, so you cleared him. Instead, you claim that you roleblocked him to try to prevent his possible roleblock of Summoner, and if Summoner still does not have a result, you will have cleared Mentosman to you.

I did not know if you were a paranoid doctor who both roleblocked and protected at the same time, or a hot nurse that could do either one. You specified. Now we wait.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Ah, yea...to be fair =P At the time I was thinking I COULD stop night kills, but Xiivi said I couldn't, but Point waiting on Summoner now to see.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Suppose that does clear Mentos of being a Roleblocker =P

Hey Summoner, how bout your thoughts now too? ^_^

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Tom, if you've been breadcrumbing it, how have you been breadcrumbing and can you give 2 examples of it?

Gheb, what do you think about recent events?

Nix, I was thinking you'd be some weird indy since you say Jungle is an indie for no real reason.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
What do you think the possibilites are for there to be 4 mafia instead of the implied 3?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
hmm, safe course of action would be lynch mentos then gheb to cover all the possibilities.

We'd only lose if Mentos/Tom/Myself as town and Gheb/You as scum.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Summoner, don't know about Tom's breadcrumbs, I did so with Tom being my first vote of the game. Other than that I can also point out that pretty much every time someone voiced suspicion of me, Tom replied saying there was absolutely nothing to be suspicious of, because he knew for a fact I was town.

Anyway, I'd like to get a chance to talk to Tom and get some brainstorming done, and I'd like to hear from Gheb on what he's thinking. I'll be back with some hopefully after having gotten both of those accomplished, or if I think of anything else that I feel needs mentioning.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Summoner's ninja: That's a very dangerous idea. The game is horribly unbalanced if there was a 4th scum(if SK wasn't shot n1, we went 14-11, we would have effectively been in LYLO on D2 after one single mislynch), and if we were to lynch one of me and tom during the night, either the other out of me/tom would die or you would die, leaving one person to decide between two unclears neither of which scream town. But yeah, just from a balance perspective and knowing Xiivi was co-mod/probably looked over the setup and Rockin knows what he's doing, D2 lylo is not a possibility.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
hmm, safe course of action would be lynch mentos then gheb to cover all the possibilities.

We'd only lose if Mentos/Tom/Myself as town and Gheb/You as scum.
Why would you lynch Mentos? Are you convinced by Nix's claim more than our claim?

I will go through the game tonight and point out the crumbs. I'm playing League of Legends with the BRoom right now. Will do it tonight.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
meh, just lynch Gheb then.

I want something decided before tomorrow since I'll be V/LA then.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote: Tom Here's your welcome back
wtf weirdo

oh my god u suck!!!!!
note we tried to make this connection with each other

looking forward to posts by mentosman, frozenflame, summoner, steel, ronike, junglefever
i mention him first, because this is a thing that i decided i would do often to emphasize him

Want to see Mentos and Summoner.
again

Oh, and Unvote. Town: Pose as a team cuz **** just got real.
i dunno if mentos was crumbing here but he said this a **** load in our quicktopic

vote virgilijus

Literally doing nothing but fence sit, so many "ifs" and "still thinking/need more times" in your posts.

You mentioned I "jumped on Tom," what game are you reading?

Fine with a meno or mentos wagon too, I think virg needs some attention.
imo steel you are looking in 3 of the wrong directions

but whats new
I have been giving my input, and I'm in the middle of finals week and haven't had as much time to dedicate to this game as I usually do for mafia. I'm almost done, and at least I've been playing -_-

What are those 3 tom?
guess the three
You disagree with my virg vote and you disagree with wagoning the ones who are non existant?
correct if you consider meno and mentos non existent

if i had to kill one of those three it would be meno.

he's acting pretty townie imo if you consider Batmafia hahaha
this is me defending virg+mentos+meno, but in the order steel requested. i never attacked mentosman all game and basically vehemently defended him a lot and the mafia never picked up on it (or didnt act on it cuz i dunno why)

this doesn't make any sense

will lynch chibo sempai, steel out of disagreement

will lynch nix, summoner, junglefever out of disappointment

would probably lynch overswarm too
no mention of mentos even though he was inactive

How could I consider how fast the lynch went when determining the best course of action a day before the lynch? I don't have a time machine.

IMO there's nothing wrong with mentosman, or virg.
nothing wrong with mentosman

Gheb, you know it happens to me where I have a couple days here and there where I can't comment a whole lot. Not exactly uncommon. And it wasn't "sheeping on the easiest wagon," it was me not having a strong pull toward anyone, and like it or not Tom was pretty much right that it was going to be Chibo, Steel, or no lynch. I wanted a flip because my reads have been terrible, and of the two Chibo just felt weird throughout, enough to make me join on.
mentos defending me against gheb

Reading FF's post I remembered, Tom brought up a very good point that if OS was cop, it's a very gambity play for scum to claim like that. Especially when they could save it till endgame when it's more useful. I doubt it's the situation because it's just an extremely risky, and pretty weak play for scum.
mentos said this was a good point, heh. actually, mentos was the one to make this point in our quicktopic, and then i said it in the thread, and then he came back and said it was a good point. the jive turkey, complimenting his own logic, lol.

well then we need to move discussion in another direction, or all they are going to talk about is Riddle

i guess later tonight i will go through the cast and say what i feel about everyone, maybe that will spark something?

if all were going to talk about is Riddle, the day is over. if we find something else to do, then maybe we can milk more out of people. but some people just dont talk - Nix, Junglefever - imo these people just do not talk on their own - and Steel is a ghost too
no mention of mentosman as inactive

I really feel like Steel and Junglefever's activity levels are absolutely unforgivable.
here neither, but by this point i do think mentos' activity was picking back up

@Steel: Mentos already explained why this is a bad post... but, I will continue. No, I don't have a problem with Mentos. He started out posting less than most people, but he is more consistently provided good posts lately. He is a lot more reliable compared to Steel, Junglefever, Nix. I know that you are defending your activity by saying that you have not been prodded, but you also just admitted that you haven't even been at a computer, and I feel as though (and know I'm not the only one) that your input has been lacking on Day 2.
i wanted to say that because it was my point that mentos took from me and said first xD so i re-iterated it

Hey guys. Thoughts on this scum tell listed on mafiascum.

"Gloating (any form of "complaining" about how bad the previous night was, how the doctor/cop was killed, etc.) Similar to "congratulating the doctor". "

I dunno lol.
@Summoner: In my experience there's no real differentiation. Town cheer about scum deaths/less deaths at night, scum do the same, town is upset by big pr deaths, scum acts the same. It depends on the person, and is definitely nothing close to a universal scumtell.
mentosman coming to my defense when we thought it would be bad for me to defend myself and better for him to do it

So who all is actually deadset against nameclaims? Cause so far it's just Tom and Mentos, conveniently the same amount of people as could be scum. If we name claim, I can nigh guaruntee we'll be lynching scum today. However the chances go down should you force me to tell you why I want one, so I'd rather not reveal unless I have to
we were against the name claim because we didnt want our masonry revealed. i had to come up with a fake claim, but delivered, because i am the best there ever was

Summoner, I assume you are for a name claim?

It looks like it is happening, then.

I would like:
1.) Junglefever
2.) Nix
3.) Frozenflame
no mentos because we had to try to organize the setup to get as many claims before me as possible

**** let's hear from steel junglefever and summoner please
no mentos

So, two of the biggest potential lynch candidates are both going to be gone. For a week. I think I agree with pretty much everything Tom just said.
he agrees with pretty much everything Tom has just said

I'd be happy with Mentos, Jungle and Steel.

in that order

Vote: Mentos
Why Mentos over Steel or Jungle?
btw i think jungle is L-1
I'd still rather lynch Steel or Junglefever. Don't mean to be harsh, but they're worthless, and have been all game, not just now when they are V/LA.
me pushing against Summoner's random *** mentos movement.

I don't see how Mentos is a good play at all. I really don't see that. Inactivity on Day 1 is the worst thing he has against him. I already called out Summoner on the awful vote with no reasoning on him, and he is yet to respond to that. He said he would post, and he hasn't. People who are saying they would rather lynch Mentos than Jungle&Steel (Ronike, Summoner) confuse me. I find more merit in Frozenflame's points against Gheb than a case on Mentosman, and Gheb has done nothing really wrong all game, he just got talked weirdly by Riddle.

A replacement for either Steel or Jungle would result in about four days worth of catch-up reading, and by then, the two would be back. They just need to go, both of them. I would literally shoot them both right now if I could. Steel was almost lynched Day 1, and has not done anything since. Junglefever has not contributed ****.
me defending mentos hard core.

FF, that means just what it sounds like. Looking at that vote from my perspective, the only way he could have had a reason is if he was trying to get me quicklynched, which he knows I wouldn't let happen. That makes me quite certain it was a random vote.

And no, I don't think the RVS can stand up as distancing. Why? Because to take credit for it you make yourself look massively suspicious. There are a few reasons that can be used to pick at vote in the RVS, but distancing, IMO, doesn't hold up because the second you point to that it's pretty clear you're trying to take credit for something that, as a townie, has no merit, which makes you suspicious. Overall, it doesn't hold up because you can never use it to make yourself look better, because if you were a townie you wouldn't have any info at the time of the vote to make it reasonable to take credit.
mentos insisted here that you cannot distance yourself with someone else in RVS. he did the exact opposite to me, he crumbed that we were together by mentioning me, which is not distancing.

Lol Ronike, your read is so far off it's not even funny. At least on me, and I don't really see where the Tom=scum thing is coming from either. Anyway, Jungle's non-role reveal is annoying. I've never seen a role that does something like this before, so I'm really not sure whether he's scum or town:/. Moving right along though, I'm trying to piece things together to decide where I think we should go.

I do have some solid town reads. In fact, there are two people currently who I am quite confident are town, and maybe another who's less questionable than the other remaining people. I'll be putting some work in on the 4 who I still have questions about, and decide where I think the play is. I'll have a quality post up by the end of the night for sure. It is getting to the point in the game where I generally actually play good after allXD
explanatory

Now, out of the players on the Chibo wagon, I am confident whether by death, situation, or read that 6 of them are town(one of them is the strong read I mentioned earlier). This leaves 2 people that I'm not sure about, but I can see that this is a very townsided lynch.
thats me

summoner you should just tell us everything you know.

steel did you ever breadcrumb or hint at doctor?

if we dont lynch steel today, who would we be lynching? imo nix or gheb. what is this mentos ****? he isn't scummy.
no mentos, saying mentos is not scummy

mafia is nix + gheb?
no mentos

massclaim tomorrow sounds ok to me

looking at what we already know, i doubt we will see any surprises

claims cant save you anymore, ******s
opposite of what i was excited to do - claim and save both of us from the middle-of-the-fence act we had to do to avoid both being lynched and being nightkilled so that we could get to endgame together where a masonry is strong as HELL

Niiice, sorry to see Ronike go, but this makes things a lot easier. Everyone still down for a mass claim? Cuz I know I am^.^
Hah! Wow, are you for real!? Ronike died instead of Summoner? Lawls!

Please, remember, no votes until we have decided everything, even though we have a mislynch.

Yeah buddy, I'm totally down for a mass-claim too. ^_^ I'd like to see either Nix or Gheb (or both) go before Mentos.
anime faces

as you can see, we defended each other all game, sometimes ridiculously strong, but never attacked each other, and we hinted at each other a lot

i dont get why you made me ****in do this, btw. unless you think we are both mafia, or that rockin put an extremely ******* role in the game even though he CONFIRMED to us that we are both town to each other, we are not mafia. its gheb or nix.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
also, im fine with a gheb lynch, so i will vote him

vote: gheb

if someone else does, mentos will hammer later

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
you know, I would have just been happy with 2 :)

Hasn't Rockin put in lame roles in past mafia games?

Top Bottom