• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia and Werewolves Gamethread

Swiss

Smash Lord
Exlight/Rhand/Wysper/Wiisp lynches for me

new
Osie
ExLight -- lynchable
gellnick null-
Scarlet Rage Town Scientist
Wam no idea
Swiss
Wiisp PR Claim COP lynchable
Rhand - Lynchable
FrozenFlame townlean
Chaco
Whysper lynchable
Eido - Town
Gorf town
Detective Mao - Town

Vote Exlight

slight preference on this lynch and votes should be the same - putting him as leading wagon now

But will take any of the above, NoLynch is not an option as it's almost 40% chance to hit correctly.

Swiss

Smash Lord
^ FF should be town not townlean

@ Osie do you honestly believe you will succeed in a Poyzin lynch now?
Mao's #94 I read this as town lean - stops the wagon and expands conversation, why do you see this as scummy?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
vote: exlight

ill be transparent real quick but church service #1 is gonna start soon

my personal preferred lynches are exlight > Chaco = whysper > gellnick. from the looks of the more recent activity im not sure if an exlight lynch has the support to reach majority but ill ride on it since Swiss moved

Swiss Swiss i agree that good lynch > interactions this setup which is why im down for whysper or gellnick. but I think Chaco is a good lynch and offers good interactions to read

osieorb18

Smash Ace
^ FF should be town not townlean

@ Osie do you honestly believe you will succeed in a Poyzin lynch now?
Mao's #94 I read this as town lean - stops the wagon and expands conversation, why do you see this as scummy?
Mao's #94 felt really fake to me. Very disingenuous. 🤷

As for Poyzin elimination, Chaco was the scummiest thing ever since a moldy piece of bread being eaten by a grey ooze.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
vote: exlight

ill be transparent real quick but church service #1 is gonna start soon

my personal preferred lynches are exlight > Chaco = whysper > gellnick. from the looks of the more recent activity im not sure if an exlight lynch has the support to reach majority but ill ride on it since Swiss moved

Swiss Swiss i agree that good lynch > interactions this setup which is why im down for whysper or gellnick. but I think Chaco is a good lynch and offers good interactions to read
I think a Chaco/Poyzin elim is better than an ExLight elim in terms of info, personally, but I've definitely still got catching up to do there.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I have sleep and then another commitment coming up before EoD, but I think I may be able to be around for EoD itself.

The whole nearly doubling of posts in the game is... not a big deal. Still less than 1000 posts, some of which I've read. Maybe I'll just ISO skim rather than direct reading... Might be faster since I'm pretty sure I can get away with just reading a bit more than half the players.

What I got so far...

Tentative Readlist:

Osie

Eido
Gorf
Scarlet Rage
Wiisp

Rhand

ExLight
gellnick
Whysper

Frozen Flame
Swiss

Chaco
Detective Mao
Wam

Stream of consciousness thoughts reading straight through post 251:

Are Swiss and Gorf actually sorting, particularly each other?

Gorf's green text actively makes me scumread them.

(Actually I sorta like some of their posts (51, 55) even if they hurt to read.)

Rhand is probably town here...

Swiss's readlist may include a scumslip? Who the heck sorts as town using "not vanilla town"? Early indie hunting is a bad look too.

Chaco's only real contribution here is joining in on the Rhand-bashing? Ehh... Mais sont les Chacos des antan?

Wisp's entrance stinks. And their 86 stinks even more.

Swiss's 90 feels LAMIST LAMIST LAMIST.

Wisp's 93 is possibly a slight slip, but I think we're on okay ground still.

Yuck, Mao's 94 feels super disingenuous.

Mao's thread handling is all over the place nasty here.

Gorf's 99 is... maybe believable.

I don't like Gorf or Mao's approach in 104-106, but I don't necessarily think they're aligned.

ExLight sus for early mention of traitor.

Gorf pushing on Wisp for low content when there's only 100 posts and stating that the game is out of RVS super early is concerning because Gorf's trying to control the thread. At the same time, it is generally a push for going fast into content, which might be a positive.

Swiss and Gorf feel like they're pushing the same narrative of "We're out of RVS and anyone who doesn't post stellar content is disconnected with the game."

Eido coming in with a townread of Swiss being the only thing they got from the Swiss/Rhand interaction, after a description that makes Swiss look scummy? Hmph.

Mao fearmongering the thread dying is yuck. It's funny that it's followed up with "But the thread is unlikely to die soon." Then what was the point of the previous post, ehh?!

And then Swiss townreads that? Uhh... what?

I'm holding Mao up to explaining their thoughts later.

Titus's entrance is great. I'm getting good vibes there. Let's see if that continues.

Chaco seems to be sitting back and then spending time justifying sitting back. Not a good look at all.

Strong townread on Wiisp, anyone who disagrees can fite me IRL.

I like where Chaco's response to SR is going, but I'm not quite convinced that Chaco is town.

Eido trying to pull content from Chaco is a good look.

Chaco continuing to NOT GIVE CONTENT is going to irritate me.

Gorf's 169 is probably NAI, but it does feel organic regardless of their alignment.

Hmm. I kinda like Gorf's 174/175 even if it's a bit of a cop out. I'm starting to warm up to them a little bit.

Is Chaco CFTWR? Their response to pretty much no pressure is excessive.

I sorta like FF's entrance if only their conclusions didn't feel entirely wrong.

Eido's gellnick vote feels bad, but this is like Eido's second game or something and it's disorienting to play mostly with people way more experienced than you.

Ooh, Wisp's response is spicy. Do likey. Reaffirms my townread.

Holy **** Chaco is such a wolf.

While I hate Gorf's playstyle (maybe it's a personality thing, dunno), their posts are still making me feel better about their alignment in this game a tiny bit more on each read.

190 is the first halfway decent Chaco post... And it's still waffly half-assing.

Titus mindmeld. ❤❤❤

Okay, Gorf can be town from 193 and their read on Rhand is 99% playstyle/culture clash. Still not convinced on Swiss.

I'm still suspicious of Swiss but 204, 206, 210 look WAY better than anything I'd seen so far. That said, if he is town, I think he's thinking a bit too hard about Wisp here.

Ooh Eido 209 is beautifully townie, as is 212.

Wam feels incredibly fake in 211, and 214.

Chaco's 217/218 is an okay callout. I'm sorta feeling like they're warring scum though and that Chaco is still CFTWR.

219 doesn't reduce my desire for Wam to eat an elimination.

Swiss's interpretation of Wisp+Chaco is ehh. Chaco is buddying up to Wisp, not the other way around.

Wam's 228/229 are gag-inducing. Gellnick is LHF. Get over yourself. Trying to keep the thread on Rhand seems like trying to play into the playstyle clash for gain. Gross.

I actually like Swiss's 230 minus the fact that he's wrong on Wisp.

Wam continues to get worse and worse with every post I read of theirs.

I can't decide if Swiss's 234 is hard town or hard scum.

I'mma continue to act like ExLight hasn't posted anything.

I like Rhand's 242 read on Wisp, I think.

Okay, 251 sells Gorf for me.

#HBC | Gorf

exlight really picks up content wise after around maybe pg 9-10 or so. i had him as noobnull until a couple of days ago or so

Wam

Smash Ace
Right so i'm halfway through my read through not sure when I'm going to get time to finish though. I'm on page 10 approximately.

Top level summary Chaco looks work Scarlet looks better but I don't know if that is confirmation bias.

Chaco notes
I hadn't seen the case on Chaco originally. I'm on page 5 and all he has really looked at are people finding him suspicious. There is no focus on solving.

I missed this the first time round. https://smashboards.com/threads/mafia-and-werewolves-gamethread.511493/post-24260986
The above read of me only works if Chaco has played a game where I have been scum and I am 99% certain he hasn't.

Vote Pyozin

Wiisp

Smash Lord
To be fair that read list is pretty shallow, but I have no idea what you mean by your last sentence and how that makes him worse

Wam

Smash Ace
He said he was waiting for slips to sort me as that's how he normally sorts me. But if he has never seen me play scum how could that work? Seems to be just a statement to show hes sorting me not actually try and sort my alignment.

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
I finally got myself to re-read things
I've been doing a school project the whole day so don't expect much from me today in terms of WiM

Possibility of being W/W = Highly possible

From what I saw, Light and Wiisp have avoided each other during the whole game. Even when both of them have respectfully been the current leading wagon, they've shown no willigness to interact or evaluate the other.

Swiss is hysterical and people putting helping inflate his ego makes him annoying to me. Again, no idea on what to think without his meta to work with but that approach comes off as scummy if he's experienced because I feel like he's been really inaccurate on the way he's reading people. Scumlean.

I'm not sure what to think about Wiisp because this attitude is a bit too "I'm a bad kid bro I skate and smoke while 17" vibes and I don't remember seeing them acting like this in other games. I really dislike the WIFOM post. Might just be trying to get the spotlight, but still, Scumlean.

Wam just popped to drop some "x player sus" and vanished without really contributing much other than saying some nonsense, feels like scum going "hey I contributed at least a BIT don't call me inactive". Scumlean.

ExLight
FF/Eido
Mao/Gorf/Chaco
Rhand/Gellnick/Whysper/3DSNinja

Swiss/Wiisp/Wam
This is from ExLight's first and only(?) readlist where I included their scumleans. I wasn't too impressed by their reads even then, and as I stated earlier, it felt like they panicked upon pressure and made reads to get off of the spotlight. The bolded parts show the differences between their scumleans; here you can see that with Swiss and Wam, they're showing a considerable amount of confidence, whereas they're noticeably hedgy with their Wiisp read yet still put him on the bottom.

"I feel like he's been really inaccurate on the way he's reading people."

^^This also pinged me in a bad way, mainly because... wasn't Swiss scumreading both Wiisp and Rhand at this time? Considering their position on ExLight's own readlist, it doesn't make much sense to me why they would feel this way and smells like TMI.

Vote: Swiss

Swiss/Wiisp as leading wagons lesgo
From this point on the explanations aren't really needed, but for clarification, here they're pushing for a Swiss kill when Swiss and Wiisp are both being pressured.

update
wiisp and SR townconfirmed until a counterclaim
gorf into scumreads, rhand into townreads, FF in neutral
ExLight immediately hopping on the "Wiisp confirmed town" -train with little reaction, even though they had him as a scumlean

No idea on exlight, I ain't trying to focus on everyone
You all know my scum lean, that's who I prefer to die
vote: Frozen Flame
I'd rather be possibly wrong on this, then be wrong on Swiss, and I'm not voting exlight either. There is 0 reason why we have to try to evaluate everyone day 1.
And here's Wiisp refusing to engage with ExLight white maintaining a "neutral" stance despite people pushing for an ExLight kill.

Most of the latter ones, when looked at individually, are NAI and could've gone either way from my perspective. But if you look at the overall handling of each other's slots, and especially with ExLight's readlist, I'd say these two have a fair chance of being a scumteam.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
He said he was waiting for slips to sort me as that's how he normally sorts me. But if he has never seen me play scum how could that work? Seems to be just a statement to show hes sorting me not actually try and sort my alignment.
so are u claiming scum here or what? how does your statement even make sense? or are you just stating that his post is a lie?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
you guys really need to stop creating teams based on these perceived notions
it's really dangerous on day 1, clearly from my POV

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
Given that EoD will be tomorrow morning for me, I'm largely going to focus on these two
I'll also go over everyone one more time and probably will throw out a readlist

osieorb18 osieorb18 I skimmed your notes, and you have to remember that at that point in the game, half of the people were either AFK or low-posting. It's not too extreme to worry about the thread dying, especially when it's the same few people talking nonstop.

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
you guys really need to stop creating teams based on these perceived notions
it's really dangerous on day 1, clearly from my POV
Bleh
It came to my mind when I saw how ExLight handled your slot and I already scumread them/have you as null-scum
So I don't see why not

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
With that said

Since there hasn't been a counterclaim, the one I'm willing to kill between the two is and will be ExLight without a doubt
Wiisp is not dying today, even though I don't entirely believe their claim

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
I want to think/talk about mech stuff later

But right now I need to go walk my dogs and continue my school project

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I don't care about the thread dying, it just tends to make reading the game hard if you are always worried about stuff like that
I am more worried about the voices in this thread not really have correct reads
this handling of a PR claim in an open setup just baffles me, and even on a contextual level I am not even that wolfy
and again, I am not executing Exlight today, I do not think he is a problem, if you think a wolf, defends a wolf like that, then ya IDK what to tell you

still pretty sure you guys just don't like how me and Rhand play the game lol

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Personally, if we are talking about reactions to pressure, I like Exlights way more than I like Chaco's, and if exlight is a wolf, you created this scenario where he could do this

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I have work soon I will be back later
anyways if Chaco is an evil role, it's more likely that he is the traitor since he does come off as having the most tmi given his weaker read list, and UP coming in just to say hi looks kinda terrible I guess.

#HBC | Gorf

like you’re the one who can’t make a solid read past a couple town reads and ff being scum cuz you think his tone might be fake and you have the audacity to say other peoples reads are ****ty lol

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Okay, maybe I should ISO dive Wisp and see which kind of flail he's doing this game.

What was it he said to me? "I should claim Day 1 in any role of any sort" or something?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
12 hours till deadline

My last activity of the Day is in 6 hours

get votes on

im on exlight but will take whysper think pontiz is too fast
Your stream of consciousness posts do very little for me (I know, super hypocritical of me) so if you're town can you talk to me about one of those three players in a bit more detail?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
like you’re the one who can’t make a solid read past a couple town reads and ff being scum cuz you think his tone might be fake and you have the audacity to say other peoples reads are ****ty lol
I mean make a solid read on what? I think a lot of you are failing to see how two separate factions change the dynamic of the game heavily
I can make assumptions or I can be right, right now all I have are assumptions

I can be far more arrogant, ask Osie, this is extremely tame compared to my usual playstyle
but it's clear I don't work well with other plays that come off as arrogant, aka Swiss and FF

anyways bye!

Swiss

Smash Lord
I have in depth Exlight case in posts 1 page back. In my daily long posts i have highlighted big issues in his play - with quite numbers. I’m on mobile so can’t tell you the numbers but look for my very long posts

Whysper frankly is an afk looks scummy on few posts - I’ve not don’t anything on them

Rhand and his issues I covered in depth very recently but this wagon won’t move fast enough.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
half you are still debating voting a PR that is literally open, and you have been wrong on me all game, and maybe even wrong on Rhand, I haven't gotten there yet. so like am I supposed to be like, good job or something? like I really don't know how you guys want me to respond.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
half you are still debating voting a PR that is literally open, and you have been wrong on me all game, and maybe even wrong on Rhand, I haven't gotten there yet. so like am I supposed to be like, good job or something? like I really don't know how you guys want me to respond.
Hey Wisp, what's my alignment this game?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Osie go my my #920. And this is just my push on him, not anyone else's. If my big posts are what you refer to as stream of consciousness then I guess re-read through my shorter on going posts. I have enough of both that you surely must be able to pull info out.

#549 Exlight doesnt even try to wagon me, just comments on leading wagons. Exlight seems to be happy that it just isnt him up for lynch.
Dislike exlight

#681Exlight, commented on this later, refusing to see game past 2d. Disliek for experienced player.

#690 Exlight accuses me of being scummy for pushing the Wiisp lynch and claim in the first place. Yet when before Wiisp claimed Exlight said "Swiss/Wiisp leading wagons lesgo" and was happy to allow him to be pressured into a claim. He's trying to change history, making it look like he was defnending an 'obvious power role', but that's not what he did.
Dislike massively

#727 well worded thoughts, worth a re-read. Again his push on me is proved to be disingenuous.

#865 Exlight...why would the WW ever kill the cop, who can't find them and can only help them?

In my daily reads post before, you'll see other comments.

Exlight has been one of the most active players, yet put out some of the lowest content. He seems happy for any lynch that isn't his and very happy to try and push me using two counter methods i.e. only one can be true. (see #727). As such he's not making reads, he's just looking for pushes. Does that make sense?

also wow im on Whysper, thank god I re-read.

I don't think Rhand or Pontiz lynches will go through, Wiisp is a lost cause.

I see Exlight and Whysper as the only two likely lynches. Other votes likely to produce nothing. I prefer Exlight but ill swap later if needed.

vote exlight

ExLight

Smash Lord
why can’t you just quote or hyperlink the message by copying the number, it’s so hard too keep going back and forth :aaaaAAAA:

Top Bottom