• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia and Werewolves Gamethread

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Can we get the deadline in the title?

We should organise a time to all be online when it happens as it was useful during the Apex game. It's how Boom was caught. I'll be online tonight GMT and tomorrow same time, so I can check in.

Hi Osie :yoshi64:
I will be on tonight as well, depending on if I end up raiding in WoW or not
but I work 8 hours, leaving in a bit

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
#470 first mao post that i dislike
overall like mao
gorf why did you like that comment
meme simping

As for why Wam. Why not Wam? I wasn't townreading their posts and a reaction would help me sort the slot.
this is a good explanation

Lmao lied to, he stated exactly how he felt about his play here, that there was no time for real context, it has nothing to do with how "we" perceived his content, it was how "he" perceived it.

That doesn't explain anything, tell me what posts you don't like.

And what have my reactions told you?
these are not very good responses

But like this isn't anything Mao is doing, this is how other perceive them. If you seen a lot of town behavior there is 0 reason to state paranioa over malice, especially if you look at many of the other people in this game that have done very little
Strongly agree with this, I also think that it’s an easy out to not committing the read, as is his read on me. Not a good look for D1 imo. gellnick and wiisp probably not scummates

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
actually claiming now, Idk what it will be like closer to EoD, I think its the correct play here
I am the Town Cop
Meh I knew. You were clearly softing cop or seer.
I can’t believe people kept pushing you after that.
Most notably Swiss, there’s no way he didn’t pick up on that.

#HBC | Gorf

gellnick and rhand probeably arent mates, gellnick made a wall basically jerking him off in 509

Something about this interaction pings me as unsettling. I've already been getting a scum vibe about Swiss, and this just makes it worse. And I don't understand his push on Chaco really. Chaco I'm town-leaning on tone and the type of comments I've been seeing from him so far.

I think I read someone calling Swiss a good scum player. Also, Chaco mentioned that he's played with Swiss a lot and that he's "intricate" (I think that's the word he used). For the time being, I'm going to place my vote on Swiss.

Chop Chop Chop Chop
Vote: Swiss
i find this post kind of jarring. first of all its weird to me to see someone tag the mod to vote

how much mafia experience do you have? its strange that this is the first thing youre gonna say about swiss that tipped you off. you say you were getting a scum vibe from swiss, can you explain a few of the things that tipped you off leading to this interaction specifically?

Well, the slanking right now was due to some IRL issues, but hopefully I can post more now. Though Chinese New Year is approaching in a week or so and I'll be busy during that time, but will still try to keep up. I do tend to low-post in general, especially during early game. I'm not all that talkative and don't get into meming.

I do have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by this site so far. The last time Seth recruited me for a game on another website, I was horrified by all the toxicity. Haha. :) This appears to be a more mature group judging by the years of experience people have mentioned. When Rhand mentioned his 8 years, I was already impressed. But then others started talking about 10+ years. Wow! :) My homesite FoL has a younger player-base and they tend to meme and fluff post a lot. I always feel so old over there. :)

Anyway, I'm also liking the interactions here so far. There are pushes, some aggressive, and then questioning back and forth, all rather civilized. So I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how the rest of this game goes. :)
yea, dgames has some serious history

ngl i like the style too. :)

His tone comes off as a bit antagonistic to me. Not as much as Rhand, but still there. Now I know this could just be playstyle, and I do want to review his posts to see if I can pinpoint why I feel that way and if it holds any substance.
whats your read on rhand, and go into more detail about antagonistic tone when it comes to both of them plz ty

im probably equally willing to lynch ex or wiisp at this point. gonna keep my vote on exlight cuz im a little rebel

Swiss

Smash Lord
He said he wasn’t breadcrumbing

tell me more about how you picked up on his ‘breadcrumbs’

Wam

Smash Ace
Vote gellnick

There rhand read feels tmi to me. I think rhands play is still scummy but I could squint and see a neutral read. Not a strong town read.

Absent a counter claim I believe wiisp.

#HBC | Gorf

if hes lying, cop shouldnt counterclaim

i did see you softcrumbing a pr but i didnt care about that cus i know scum have pr. thought your crumb might have to do with your purple vote but that made me figure it was something that wasnt cop or seer

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Reading this all through, I don't support the Swiss/Wiisp wagons.

I'm leaning in this group right now:

Wam / Exlight / Scarlet / Rhand / Gellnick / Chaco
3DSNinja (Osie) / Whysper

It's not ordered. If I had to refine this, I would hit one of Scarlet/Chaco. I would hit Gellnick. I would hit Whysper.

The Scarlet/Chaco fiasco is weird. Chaco reads like he has a backdoor answer to everything, and felt nervous when responding to Scarlet's pressure. By nervous I mean over-talking his feelings to survive the pressure. I appreciate others have said he is Townie, so I'm up for talking this through if anyone has any insights.

I like Scarlet's push on Chaco because it was against the grain. They feel fixated in that area as time went on. I don't know too much about them outside of this and need to see more content now.

Gellnick's reads a little too careful for my liking right now and overall don't like his break in to the game. He is not on the same team as Rhand, but this quote pinged me as potential Traitor language:

I'm now partially convinced Rhand is my twin.
Do Gellnick / Rhand have a history of playing together? The hard-town reads they both have is something I'm thinking about.

ExLight

Smash Lord
if hes lying, cop shouldnt counterclaim
What??
Why not? they wouldn’t claim the checker of the opposing team, right? they’d want to out the cop that can spot them.

This is basically a cop check returning positive on D1 that takes half of their team down, if it’s fake cop should definitely counterclaim.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
No idea on exlight, I ain't trying to focus on everyone
You all know my scum lean, that's who I prefer to die

ExLight

Smash Lord
if you plan on mislynching me just do it today because I have never been mislynched as town outside of D1 and I’d like to keep it that way ty

Wam

Smash Ace
Exlight read. Not sold either way. Their in the list for the re read which is going to be tomorrow.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Frankly I expected him to claim doc or something safer. I was thinking earlier what would I claim if I were evil- and I see parallels in his play To my scum play

No Exlight cop doesn’t counter claim here as Wiisp being Alive for any length of time now is sus. If he thinks he’s the likely wagon - which being honest between me and him - he is. His best choice is to eliminate cop and help teammate. Wiisp not Indy. If evil Could be big brain werewolf?Mafia most likely.

Personally I’d still take the lynch and run with it. But I think this might stall for other people.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Meh, I'm over it, I think a lot of this attributes to my earlier behavior. Which is why I went back to the more laid back Wisp. I also stated it before, if Swiss is town, he has a selfish play style that makes most of his reads double edged sword

ExLight

Smash Lord
No Exlight cop doesn’t counter claim here as Wiisp being Alive for any length of time now is sus. If he thinks he’s the likely wagon - which being honest between me and him - he is. His best choice is to eliminate cop and help teammate. Wiisp not Indy. If evil Could be big brain werewolf?Mafia most likely.
Why would you prefer WIFOM over complete confirmation that he’s scum? Are you really going to try and push the lynch over a claimed cop?

ExLight

Smash Lord
dude we have ****ing till tomorrow night why did you claim
Last minute claims are easy for scum to do though? At least like this if they truly are the cop they give time to show there won’t be counterclaims.

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
Oh come on do I really need to go quotehunting?
If y’all were serious about thinking Wiisp was mafia, you should have read his posts.

He asked at one point if he should claim to stop the bullying. He was sure that the claim would stop it. There are only 2 possible claims that can achieve that, so obviously he’s one of them.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh come on do I really need to go quotehunting?
If y’all were serious about thinking Wiisp was mafia, you should have read his posts.

He asked at one point if he should claim to stop the bullying. He was sure that the claim would stop it. There are only 2 possible claims that can achieve that, so obviously he’s one of them.
He crumbed power role which is a bs crumb

Show me where he crumbed cop- seer

Wiisp

Smash Lord
No more posts from me for now, I'm at work
I also claimed because I didn't want this to be a forced dichtomy between me and Swiss, if I claimed later, cause I'm not all certain he has to be a wolf here

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
He crumbed power role which is a bs crumb

Show me where he crumbed cop- seer
He didn’t literally crumb cop or seer. I explained it in my post you just quoted. He was sure that his claim was going to save him. That means cop or seer. It’s not hard to read between those lines.

#HBC | Gorf

Gorf why is that not a good response?
if im not mistaken her vote isnt on you anymore, and her attention isnt on you, so i feel like her saying that is in line with how shes played thus far, and it tells me that shes more fine with your slot now than when she had first voted you. your and wiisps response kinda feel like youre missing the point

Swiss

Smash Lord
Why would you prefer WIFOM over complete confirmation that he’s scum? Are you really going to try and push the lynch over a claimed cop?
I would still take the lynch yes. I think I’m right.

Even if he is town A revealed cop doesn’t have as much value. One redirect / intervention and it’s actively harmful.

I expect he will live today given the people in this game. What I will offer is a 1 night respite and swap to Exlight -lynching Wiisp tomorrow to verify whatever read he then gets. But I think it’s pointless.

Hold firm

Top Bottom