• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

TheDude_Abides

Smash Cadet
just like to say that picture is pretty badass. what do you do doing the summer dude?
Danke. I'm currently taking the summer off school. My living situation is complicated, but it has allowed me to survive thus far without a job. Tues/Thurs/Sat are my days devoted to MTG.

I live in Middleton too, right by northside

It would be funny if we knew eachother
I've lived in Middleton/West Madison during several junctures of my life, and so has my family. If anyone with the last name Cassidy rings a bell, you probably do.

TheDude_Abides

Smash Cadet
Do you have a 1v1 edh deck? I have 4 decks geared towards 1v1, although 3 of them would also perform well in multiplayer.
I do have one put together, and I plan on building another. I also have 2 other decks more geared towards multiplayer (however, since both are combo/control, they also function in 1v1.)

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Wednesday sounds like it works the best. That whole list plus Gibby is around for smash. I can host, it might work best for peeps. I live a little north of Fitchburg, which I think is about the middle for everyone.

What time on Wednesday works for people?

I used to go to Misty a lot, but I just go to Netherworld for FNMs now if I play at all. I still just mostly play limited =/

TheDude_Abides

Smash Cadet
Wednesday sounds like it works the best. That whole list plus Gibby is around for smash. I can host, it might work best for peeps. I live a little north of Fitchburg, which I think is about the middle for everyone.

What time on Wednesday works for people?

I used to go to Misty a lot, but I just go to Netherworld for FNMs now if I play at all. I still just mostly play limited =/
Any time Wednesday works for me. However, for practicality 5 or 6 on might be a good starting point.

Never been to Netherworld. I'm a terrible drafter, so I exclusively play constructed outside of prereleases/launch parties.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Let me know if you guys are doing more on Wednesdays or Tuesdays. I would love to come back to madtown again.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Let's say 6 or 7:00 for tonight. Is anyone going through downtown Madison that can pick up Ace? I'll call Wes to see if he's interested.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
are you guys getting together next week on wednesday? I maybe free, hopefully

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I could prob play some MH3 today, but I've gotta hook everything up for it. I'll see if Gibby wants to play.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I find new ways to SD every day.

Also sanchaz are you interested in going to madison on wed if m8ungugu or sam hosts?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
fruitloop: idk, 50-50.

are the srk forums down? im thinking about playing st4, and looking to main yun. that game shows how pros destroy scrubs like no other.

plus, i want watch evo and genesis streamed, we should do this next sat people.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I can't host because I don't have a melee TV. Also, I work until 8:30 PM Wednesday and I'm leaving for Chicago at 8 the next morning. Sorry, guys.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
A few days ago I got a 19" CRT my aunt was going to throw out. =)
We can probably use it for the university smashfests

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I can't host this week either, but next week would work out. If someone else wants to host we could prob bring TVs over.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I actually can't host this weekend, unfortunately. I'm hella sick and don't particularly want to spread it.

I was just wondering who was going to be in an apartment on campus next semester. I know Ryan and Sam said they were, but I never heard where it was going to be.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
When are people moving back to Madison? Should I schedule the first Union smashfest of the semester for August 18th or 25th?

Also, I can host all the time those first few weeks at my house om Lathrop since no one has any classes, I just need another TV.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
122 E Dayton #1 - party at the capitol, and more blaming brett favre

.......lmao, I haven't seen the place, thank god my freinds said it was nice, oh well, cheaper then the dorms.

Xeylode/fruitloop: I recommend you guys also live in a house next school year, you will save so much money.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I'm in chadbourne again, so I can't move in until like the last 2 days of August like Xeylode. However, if you host before then I'll probably drive out from Milwaukee for it anyway unless I already have plans. <3 melee

Thanks for the advice Sanchaz, and you always spell my gamertag wrong:

Top Bottom