• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

sanchaz

Smash Lord
mundungu put the tourney thread up for IMDB2:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311359

Info you need to know:
same venue
oct 8th
no smash 64
mvc3 all 3/5
swiss melee singles pools
mute city legal for melee singles
losers semis is 3/5
I'm winning
yeah....your winning with captain falcon...(shrug). Cereal box, you need to realize your falcon isn't as godlike like my falcon, stick to that bird character.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Mostly because brinstar is awful, and mute city isn't that bad. It helps bad characters out more than brinstar. I prob could have just banned brinstar and not replaced it with anything, but we can try this out.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Mostly because brinstar is awful, and mute city isn't that bad. It helps bad characters out more than brinstar. I prob could have just banned brinstar and not replaced it with anything, but we can try this out.
wtf, it helps the hell out of jiggs and peach, and the road removes gimp/recovery vulnerability (which low tiers rely on taking advantage of) from every high tier, especially captain falcon and falco

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
idk if youre bein sarcastic but it evens out low tier vs high tier a hell of a lot better than brinstar or mute if thats going to be the basis for the argument

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I think fd is the stage that should be banned, except in teams. seriously, I rather play on mute city then fd. my character doesn't get cg 0 to death on mute city.

if poke floats wasn't so glitchy, like falling through that stupid tree, I think it would be legit.

plus the music kicks so much ***.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
yes, john is right. don't be fooled by their switching between brief clips from dozens of different matches, the truth is that combo videos feature successful combos, and unsuccessful combos are often left out.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
yes, john is right. don't be fooled by their switching between brief clips from dozens of different matches, the truth is that combo videos feature successful combos, and unsuccessful combos are often left out.
fruitloop. these combo's are cool, nothing more. I can only see realistically half of them working in a tournament setting, which is even cooler. for example that one falco upair combo where like he was controlling the foxes DI, lol. but doing cool combo's all the time, to be honest, is pretty dumb. I think their dumb, because they are performed on players where they constantly get hit ALL THE TIME, and their is no pressure if you mess up the combo, big deal. I don't mean to ruin the fun.

If you can apply these in tournament, it will make people MIND BLOWN, and completely confuse on how to DI, or even how to approach you, which their is an actuall use to this. anyways, cool video

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
nobody ever makes a combo video to say "look at how good i am in tournament" yet people always argue if thats the case or not. like seriously how ridiculous do the clips need to be before you guys realize its just for fun, because half of the goddamn clips end in like 17% suicides just to get that last knee/phantasm spike/falcon punch offstage on an enemy that was clearly already dead. jeeze louise!!!!

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
sanchaz you created an argument against me even though I didn't talk about that argument at all, then flipped sides of this argument three times during your 6 sentence post. I'm impressed.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
well...idk. maybe I just like watching matches more then combo vids. I wasn't really impressed, honest.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
fox is awesome, he's fast and broken in team. he also doesn't afraid of anything

Top Bottom