• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
x and y are equal distance from both the cstick and a, and y is much closer to b. Y is simply better than x, but this game isn't fast enough for x users to be unable to do things that y users can, so it's actually just preference.

john!

Smash Hero
you're right about the c-stick thing frank. the reason i don't use y is that i have slow dumb fingers which sometimes hit the a button with my thumb while reaching for y. i need to train my thumbs on more mountaintops and under more waterfalls before i can depart from the Way of the X.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Wednesday is at the Kohl Center (601 W. Dayton St.), Friday is at Ogg Hall (835 W. Dayton St.), and Saturday is at Carson's Carryout (1515 Tripp Circle).

I always press the buttons with the tip of my thumb so it's usually always arched and hitting the other buttons doesn't happen very often.
It'll be interesting if half a dozen people show up tomorrow. Brian already asked me when/where we were doing this tomorrow.

Oh, yeah. Is there any construction going on in campus that prohibits entry on certain roads? I was just thinking of people driving up for IMDB. There is a ton of construction next to Carson's, but nothing major getting in the way. But I wasn't sure about else where.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
The construction shouldn't interfere with anyone. And I don't plan on playing that much; that's your job. I'll be talking to passerby mostly.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I finally finished typing all ~250 email addresses. All of those people I'll never see again will never know how much I've done for them.

We went to the student org fair. Vino, Alan, Brian, Frank, DDF, Sam, and myself showed up (some more briefly than others). We got a set-up going and played with other people (melee first hour, brawl the rest). People signed up the whole while. Some people were more enthusiastic than others.

Yeah, that's about it. Maybe a fraction of the people will show up to play.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Woo it was cool meeting some of you yesterday :) I'm coming to the thing tonight, but I can't miss the season opener of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia which is on at 9 because that's my favorite show :p

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
meetings are in union south this semester, not memorial union. Today, we're on the 2nd floor in the governance room. Go up the central stair case to floor 2, turn a 180 and walk past the marquee, the room is on the right across from the computer lab area. There's maps everywhere once you go inside. If you get lost or something my number is 262-565-7834

Brookman

Smash Hero
Oh hey there, Madison. Brookman here, I'm in town for the night and, being the avid smasher I am, would certainly be interested in playing with anyone available to play!!

text me @ 860-331-0837 if there's anything going on.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
alright ace: we should like figure out something for the smash club on campus, I'll tell ya on thursday what's on my mind.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I'm playing devil may cry 4, what have you done with your life, hahahahahahahahahaaaahaah

Last edited:
Top Bottom