• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

sanchaz

Smash Lord
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADISON!!!!!!! some freshmen is creating a 2d fighter club on campus and apparently that MUST mean that there are others that want to play competitive video games. I'll be sure to find him and see if we can make competitive gaming grow even more, HYPE! IMBD will actually have like more people register for street fighter ae, this makes me happy,

I still have no idea how to block in other fighters. There are too many buttons for attack to worry about it though.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
^ The "always have a hitbox out" strategy.

And we might just want to absorb the 2d fighter club so there's no competition (unless it's only SF/MvC/BlazBlue and not Smash).

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I move in to chadbourne sunday afternoon, but I could probably make it if mundungibby is/are going and will give me a ride. Would bring a full setup.

Quaz

Smash Master
I could play on sunday.

Also, weekly smashfests thursday evening, right? Yeah. wont make a single one. Im taking a one day a week class.. and guess what time and day it is? Yup you guessed it! Thursdays from 6PM to 9PM.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Sam can you text me Wes's number? And does he prefer texts or calls?

MonThursFri I'm done at 2:10
Tues I'm done at 4:20
Wed I'm done at 3:15
I dunno my work schedule yet but it's dinner/night shifts anyway.

Also here's part of mango's blog post about genesis 2. This part is about game 1 of him vs taj in winners semi's:
Then we are last stock and I’ve been in this situation thousands of times just another day in the office. Then there’s a situation where he’s standing on the cloud high percent (both of us) and he’s standing there and everything slows down for me. I think to myself Mango please DO NOT go out there. I knew 100 percent that I shouldn’t have but something took over me and FOR SOME REASON I will never be able to explain I go out and do a silly dair, get grabbed, Dead.
I know how you feel mango. It's the reason we can't have nice things. :ohwell:

vintage

Smash Cadet
It seems like enough people are interested, so I'll be ready to host people on Sunday. Please bring setups and PM me if you need my number. The address is 625 N Pleasant View Rd, Middleton, WI.

vintage

Smash Cadet
Hey I'll be down to play Sunday.
I got everything besides a portable TV/Monitor(That will change in about a week) >.> So if you or anyone else has got an extra TV that would be sweet.
I have a TV and system, but it lags slightly. There will be people at my place who don't care about that though, so... 1 more (or 2 depending on the number of people who come) setups should be enough.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
The first Smash Club meeting of the year is THIS THURSDAY at 6 at memorial Union. It's in the Rosewood room, which you may remember as the wonky one on the third floor with the nice wooden table and glass end table.

I have work until 8, so I won't be able to make it until 8:30, but I'm confident you guys can start up and welcome people and whatever without me.

SETUPS!! I can bring mine to all of the rest (which will be at Union South) because that's only 3 blocks from my house, but we need more setups. Who can provide them?

vintage

Smash Cadet
I should be able to make it out on sunday too. I'll be there with a setup.
Mundungu, any chance you could bring a TV that I could keep? I am happy to pay of course, but based on our last conversation it sounds like you have some older TVs that you would be willing to part with.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Mundungu, any chance you could bring a TV that I could keep? I am happy to pay of course, but based on our last conversation it sounds like you have some older TVs that you would be willing to part with.
Yea no prob, I'll be stopping by to pick one up today. It might be kind of crappy, but it will be lagless.

P1xL

Smash Rookie
hey guys, im kinda newish. play with blazing fury a lot. live in fitchburg and been to one of the local things once.

jiggs main
newbish :p

but yea, just joined

One more day! This summer has been really long :/
hey guys, im kinda newish. play with blazing fury a lot. live in fitchburg and been to one of the local things once.
Hope to see you this Thursday if you can make it.

The first Smash Club meeting of the year is THIS THURSDAY at 6 at memorial Union. It's in the Rosewood room, which you may remember as the wonky one on the third floor with the nice wooden table and glass end table.

I have work until 8, so I won't be able to make it until 8:30, but I'm confident you guys can start up and welcome people and whatever without me.

SETUPS!! I can bring mine to all of the rest (which will be at Union South) because that's only 3 blocks from my house, but we need more setups. Who can provide them?

vintage

Smash Cadet

jiggs main
newbish :p

but yea, just joined
Hey man, glad to see you joined the boards.

I'm the Jiggs main that was playing you and blazing fury at Mundungu's place.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I was just sleepy, wish I could of been much more excited, next time.

vintage: you've gotten much better, kinda reminded me of my friend vinodh, the other puff player . I'm sure you'll be kicking but soon.

Not sure if storm trooper lasers are annoying or not. Finally got around to hacking melee, just no burned disc yet.

So what? Frank, Vino, Ryan, Sam, John, vintage, blazingfury, Mundunguu, and myself will be showing up Thursday? Plus whoever else is new that decides to join us.

I'll try helping where I can. I still have couple of things to get/learn before anyone can play it off of a computer.

Also, I want to try recording matches this Thursday. Start showing people some of the MadTown skillz we have going.
Sorry Sam, couldn't figure out commentary.

Top Bottom