• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

yoshq

Smash Master
why don't i live in madison.

anyway
I need some help from someone at the dorms
My friend from Japan just got to the dorms yesterday, he is a foreign exchange student. He has played brawl before and probably melee, he doesn't know a whole lot of english but it's possible to have conversations with him without much effort. He likes video games and programming, and was excited when I told him I could get him in to the video game club, or whatever you guys have organized, at the U.

So the question is, who wants to help him out, show him around the campus, get him into the club, etc? He has a facebook and a cell with calling/texting. His name is Takuya and he's a cool guy.

Last edited:
I'm in Madison now. See you guys thursday or maybe sooner.

I wouldn't mind trying to help Takuya out. is my number. Text is easier.

Oh sorry, I forgot that discussion boards are always serious business.
SWF is like 40% serious, 40% fun, 20% newbie and/or troll

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Sanchaz putting that dragonberry right to work lol. And there will be at least a dozen people Thursday, probably more.

BRING SETUPS!! I can not stress this enough. I can't bring mine because I'll be at work for the first half, so we might only have Mundungu's, Vintage's, and Frank's (maybe Blazingfury's?), which probably isn't enough. If someone with a car can pick up Sanchaz so he can bring his or something that would be great.

Sam, Matt - DDF (Roommate from last year, maybe), Brian & Noah, Myself & my roommate (maybe), Ryan , Vino, John, Frank & his roommate (maybe), Vintage, Blazing Fury, Matt (mundunguu), Tyler... Can we even fit that many set-ups for a possible 16 people plus who knows who else in that tiny room?

Oh, well. I'm bringing my power strips and extension cord just in case.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
The room has space for 5 setups comfortably, and more if we scrunch. We all like each other, so no problems there. And more power strips and extension cords is never bad.

^That's good.
I think we are bringing a TV.. But not sure.

Sam could I just come by and pick up that form you said you already had complete? A number of items here I'm not quite sure about.
Anyway, talking to Tara (for the interest group) and Corin tomorrow to hopefully get it all completed.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
When do you need the sheet? I work the next two days. I could give it to you Thursday I guess, but in all honesty it doesn't matter what you put for most things. The important thing is the tables and chairs for 60 around the outside of the room and power strips/extension cords for needed equipment.

vintage

Smash Cadet
In regards to any post mentioning me:

Yes, I'm coming. Yes, I'll bring a setup. No, I have no idea where I'm going, so please post a map. :p

ORLY

Smash Master
this is looking promising for the attendance of IMDB

everyone get in shape! IL is coming!

@Sam: Alright, well, I'll put down my information for the contact and sign it. I'll see about getting the cords and strips.

@Vintage: Memorial Union (upper-right). Can someone tell me where parking is? I'm pretty sure you can park in parking lot 1. TheDude and mundunguu, where have you guys parked before? Either way, just give someone a call if you get lost in the union, but as with the first smashfest, people found there way without help lol

TheDude_Abides

Smash Cadet
@Sam: Alright, well, I'll put down my information for the contact and sign it. I'll see about getting the cords and strips.

@Vintage: Memorial Union (upper-right). Can someone tell me where parking is? I'm pretty sure you can park in parking lot 1. TheDude and mundunguu, where have you guys parked before? Either way, just give someone a call if you get lost in the union, but as with the first smashfest, people found there way without help lol

There is a lot on the furthest left of the building (that big P at the end of park st.) There are meters but I'm pretty sure its free on Thursdays.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
If not there's a free parking lot behind Elizabeth Waters (Lot 34), though it's a few blocks away.

And ORLY, I hope to get most people to come, but I'm not sure how many locals will actually show up.

Moozle

Smash Champion
This is the first time I've been able to get my internet working since I moved into the dorms on Sunday :o Other than that though Madison is ****ing awesome! Everyone on my floor likes Melee but they don't know anything about competitive smash im going to be their sensei. I'll meet you guys soon once I get situated into stuff a bit more. IMDB is going to be so much fun :D

Moozle

Smash Champion
I live in Sellery, and I have a meeting until 7 pm I think but after that I should be able to go.

TheDude_Abides

Smash Cadet
omfg. Madison is exploding with smashers, AND not only that but a 2d fighter club is being created with 5 others.

mooz: welcome to madtown. prepare yourself.
On the 2D fighting front, I've ordered Street Fighter Alpha 2 for Sega Saturn if anyone is up for some oldschool fighting games. I've got quite a few oldschool systems, and I hope to expand that library to Neo Geo at some point. I've always wanted to play Fatal Fury and KoF on their original console :cool:.

It ends at midnight. Sometimes maybe an extra 30 minutes if they forget we are in the building.

K, I just have to get together an interest group for my dorm and send the forms in. Still good for the 17th.
Me and Alan are probably going to have have Friday afternoons available for play over at Liz after 2pm. Just like what Sam did.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
If anyone cares about the new umvc3: click here to see the differences: I like how this guy says it, mainly because how he made me laugh, but he has some really good points on how mortal kombat dominated capcom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5W9n7bBgGA&feature=related

I believe if anyone has a free half hour to kill. you should watch this: how capcom is rereleasing games like super street fighter, then arcade edition. and then rereleasing other games. why is not okay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyBeE8PjLD4

I think you guys should watch at least the second vid to see how capcom makes a **** ton of money, and rips off consumers, also because I feel like a victim, :(. it's just that capcom was so awesome when I was 7, but now it justs bring a tear to my eye.

vintage

Smash Cadet

Cool, thanks! I should be able to find it using that map. See you all tomorrow.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
sanchaz this isn't complicated, just follow this one simple rule: If you think it's a ripoff, don't buy it.

Then again, you did buy that gamestop gamecube controller with square buttons and expected it to be good..

john!

Smash Hero
sanchaz is bad at being a discriminating consumer of products

oh and

i moved into my apartment yesterday!!! but my internet won't work until tomorrow.

also i got a new phone because my phone had a smaller screen than everyone else's phones COMBINED.

...well, you know what i mean.

Top Bottom