• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
The "Mach Brawlers"? Nah, scratch that, lol.
Road Warriors is fine by me.
'T least this thread has proven to me that crazy fan support doesn't necessarily dumben people down.

Hey, just for fun, suppose Mach Rider is in SSBB and suppose he'd be in Subspace Emissary. What would his role be and who would you have him team up with?
Personally I've yet to think of a role but I think either him and C. Falcon or him and Ice Climbers would make a great team. Well, in the latter case more of a "hilarious" team, but you never know! I mean, who would've thought of Fox and Diddy? O.o

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah, I can see him being paired up with C.Falcon, Sonic or who knows.. maybe Samus. :p

Or.. WARIO!! Both hop on their bikes. :D (I wonder how Pokemon Trainer would work in SE... running after his Pokemon maybe?)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
A Mach Rider and Captain Falcon SE team-up is practically mandatory, and I like the idea of him teaming up with other retro NES characters like the Ice Climbers as well. Sonic would be a good candidate as well, considering he is likely to be a speed based character not unlike the said blue hedgehog and of course Wario seeing how both use bikes. Of course, it could always be completely random like Fox and Diddy.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Lol. Wario, you lonely mutha.:laugh:
He must be a tad unlucky with the ladies. :p

*points at Captain Syrup*

Wouldn't be surprised if there are other girl characters out to kill him. :D

Anyway, back to Mach Rider..

I was trying to CGI him... but as I expected my Photoshop skills are limited.. ñ_ñ

Here's my sad attempt at remaking Mach Rider.

and here's my sadder attempt. :D

Hong

The Strongest
A Mach Rider and Captain Falcon SE team-up is practically mandatory, and I like the idea of him teaming up with other retro NES characters like the Ice Climbers as well. Sonic would be a good candidate as well, considering he is likely to be a speed based character not unlike the said blue hedgehog and of course Wario seeing how both use bikes. Of course, it could always be completely random like Fox and Diddy.
I'd actually rather have Mach Rider make roadkill of the blue rodent without taking notice.

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
I think Mach Rider would go well with Ike in SSE. A stunning mix of past and future. Two completely different technologies. In their first meeting, Ike would have to stop and marvel at Mach Rider's motorcycle. And he'd of course have a look of serious concern when told to hop on the back.

Also, I can see the Pokemon Trainer suggestion happening. A rough-and-ready fighter alongside some of Nintendo's most lovable characters (Pokemon in general, that is.. not necessarily Ivysaur and Charizard).

Originally Posted By shinhed-echi
(I wonder how Pokemon Trainer would work in SE... running after his Pokemon maybe?)
I'm sure, like most normal trainers, he would have them in their Pokeballs. We must remember Ash is an abberation in the Pokemon world.

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
I think Mach Rider would go well with Ike in SSE. A stunning mix of past and future. Two completely different technologies. In their first meeting, Ike would have to stop and marvel at Mach Rider's motorcycle. And he'd of course have a look of serious concern when told to hop on the back.

Also, I can see the Pokemon Trainer suggestion happening. A rough-and-ready fighter alongside some of Nintendo's most lovable characters (Pokemon in general, that is.. not necessarily Ivysaur and Charizard).

I'm sure, like most normal trainers, he would have them in their Pokeballs. We must remember Ash is an abberation in the Pokemon world.
Mach Rider VS Ridley = Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny

war-bearer

Smash Rookie
This may be late but they should have Mach Rider fight with tonfas so he can differentiate from Falcon. Beside Pit had dual swords that was not in his game

Hong

The Strongest
at so badly
Having two motorcyclist as ATs is only a bit redundant, even if Mach Rider is equipped with cannons. :/

I am 100% sure that if he is not a playable character, he will be a trophy and/or a black outfit for Falcon based on him.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
This almost maks me watn Mach Rider in Brawl..

Then I remember that his game was a woeful experience. Oh well, no big loss.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
This may be late but they should have Mach Rider fight with tonfas so he can differentiate from Falcon. Beside Pit had dual swords that was not in his game
Wow. Tonfas never even crossed my mind, but now that I think about it, that has a lot of potential to be utterly badass! You've just earned yourself a WIN in my book. :grin:
at so badly
Ol' K. Rool's in the same boat, my friend... Besides, as Lunadis already pointed out, motorcycle-based ATs would be a rather bit redundant...
This almost maks me watn Mach Rider in Brawl..

Then I remember that his game was a woeful experience. Oh well, no big loss.
And Ice Climber was one of the NES's pinnacle experiences? And how bout the last decade of Sonic games? Trust me, a game's "quality" isn't necessarily a requirement for a character's inclusion, but it certainly helps. Also, I prefer to see what can be done with a franchise rather than what already has been done - there's a lot Nintendo can do to with the concept originally established in the mostly forgotten road shooter from '85. In fact, I really think that it has some of the most untapped potential among Nintendo's classic franchises. And c'mon, sure it hasn't aged very well, but Mach Rider is by no means a bad game. Play Urban Champion sometime if you really want to see what a stinker from Nintendo is like...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think Mach Rider would go well with Ike in SSE.
Nooooooo. The perfect match for Ike... would be MIKE. :p Get it? Mike and Ike. :D j/k.

at so badly
Rool = boss so badly.

I kinda agree with the alt color for Falcon. That could at least represent Mach Rider if he's not in.. (Though it would be nice of them to give him a helmet).

I used to use "Black Falcon" pretending he was wearing Mach Rider's armor.

courte

Smash Lord
A++ for brawl and reviving the franchise the 80's are sorta making a comeback what with bionic commando and sf4 i think nintendo should hop in the boat

including roy in marth made fire emblem beloved in america so who's to say the formula of breaking down cultural differences couldn't be applied to time?? who thought theyd be playing as the ic's or g&w?? hell i could see a g&w adventure game anyday now and cry my pants... yea i said cry my pants-u!!

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I like the Mach Rider remakes posted on last page... Really, thumbs up! They're not sad at all!
And the tonfa idea is kick-butt indeed...

As far as recolors go, they could use his updated trophy color as default and his old colors as alternate. I'd also like a gold-and-silver one... It'd be sweet.

Hong

The Strongest
I'd personally love a retro alternative outfit for Mach Rider. It was his first full body appearance after all.

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
After looking through a bunch of ideas online and with my friends, I made a movset for Mach Rider. I hope you guys like it ;)

Mach Rider Full Movelist:

Standard Attack: Left Hook; Punches with his left fist

Basic Combo: Punch Chop Combo; Punches, Then Chops Downward

Dash Attack: Shoulder Slam; Rams with spiked shoulder pad

Strong Side Attack: Spin Kick; Roundhouse type kick

Strong Up Attack: Flip Kick; Spins vertically

Strong Down Attack: Revolving Fist; Punches with spinning fist

Side SMASH: Rider Kick; A super kick that enflames the foe

Up SMASH: Rocket Fist: Launches his fist straight up

Down SMASH: Double Grenade; Throws two grenades on both sides

Grab: Chain Lasso; Ropes enemy with his chain

Grab Attack: Pistol Whip; smacks enemy with gun

Front Throw: Great Kick; Strong kick away

Back Throw: Spine Driver; Places enemy on back, then drives them down

Up Throw: Gunfire Dance; Throws enemy skyward, then fires several shots

Down Throw: Power Smasher; Places enemy underfoot, then stomps

Neutral Air Attack: Double Kick; Kicks twice in quick succession

Front Air Attack: Slasher Chain; Spinning three punch combo

Back Air Attack: Rapid Fire; Ignites feet and kicks

Up Air: Speed Release; Lightning infused speed kick

Down Air: Clearance Chop; Chops below himself in a Meteor Smash

Ledge Attack: Ledge Hammer; Acrobatic Cartwheel kick

Faceplant Attack: Roll Punch; Rolls forward, then Uppercuts

Downed Attack: Smoke Bomb; Throws a weak bomb at his feet quickly

Standard Special Move: Rapid Laser; Mach Rider takes out his pistol. If you simply tap the button, he'll fire a single shot similar to Melee Falco's in terms of speed and power. However, if you hold down the button, you'll charge his gun, allowing you to fire up to eight shots all in rapid sucession.

Side Special Move: Chain Whip; Mach Rider brandishes his chain, and slashes forward. If you the get timing down, you can slash up to ten times.

Up Special Move: Mach Rocket; Mach Rider causes a small explosion at his feet, launching himself upwards. after about one second, the actual rockets kick in and his speed greatly increases for another three seconds, during which he is freely flying.

Down Special Move: Scatter Decoy; Mach Rider strikes a defenive pose, similar to Marth or Roy's. If hit, he'll break apart, the reform directly behind the opponent, taking them by surprise.

FINAL SMASH: Rider Rampage; Mach Rider summons his motorcycle, firing machine guns from the front and missles from the back. He can also run people down. He moves a little faster than Sonic, and can jump once.

I don't want to come off as stealing anything. I just really liked some of the ideas i've seen.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think it's cool.

Somehow I feel like the forgotten movesets have gathered in this one. XD

Such as N64 C.Falcon's smash attacks, with Melee Ganondorf's aerial hook, and Sheik's chain. It's not a bad idea at all.

courte

Smash Lord
i like the 64 influences, something i here die hard 64 fans complain about, "CAPTAIN FALCON IS SO DIFFERENT NOW!! I DON'T LIKE IT" this way were all happy can can focus on trash talking instead of *****ing... wait theres a difference?? :chuckle:

courte

Smash Lord
i'm just glad no one has gone speculation crazy over this little event

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Awww I was about to post that...my internet is going really slow today x_O

Top Bottom