• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Link and Mach Rider are so close to each other.. I could just add "VS" in between them. :p

The only drawback is that Mach Rider is using his NES cartidge design not his redesigned Melee version.

Oh well. There's always unlockables. :p

spfire31

Smash Rookie
I think that there is actually some significance to link and mach rider being so close together. If you think about it. The AT's seem to be things that have no chance as being playble. however, the stickers have characters that have agood chance of being playable (considering link is in it :chuckle:) However I cant really see what he looks like. If someone could blow it up a little, that would be sweet.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I'm a Mach Rider supporter myself, but people here aren't providing much of a case for him. This update doesn't totally deconfirm him, but I doubt Sakurai would show a sticker of a character before they've been confirmed playable. I just can't see him being that sloppy.

He looks pretty good. Oh and should I buy the game on the VC? (I got points for chrstmas)
Let me warn your right now, that game is HARD. Maybe you should try it at vNes first.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
So ironic, when you have Roy in your sig.
Roy has not been deconfirmed in anyway. If sakurai showed a new character and said "THERES WAS A CHARACTER IN MELEE NAMED ROY AND THIS MOTHER ****ER IS GONNA REPLACE HIM" or he was shown as a sticker prior to confirmation or something like that I would admit that he is out. But none of that has happened. He has a 50/50 chance just like most characters.

So yeah screw you.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Roy has not been deconfirmed in anyway. If sakurai showed a new character and said "THERES WAS A CHARACTER IN MELEE NAMED ROY AND THIS MOTHER ****ER IS GONNA REPLACE HIM" or he was shown as a sticker prior to confirmation or something like that I would admit that he is out. But none of that has happened. He has a 50/50 chance just like most characters.

So yeah screw you.
He never wanted Roy in the first place.

Nintendo changed the character he actually wanted to Roy for advertising.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think Mach Rider is as good as gone. I've heard he was an AT a while back from someone who played the Brawl demo on this forum I've browsed (don't ask for a link, I dunno where the **** it is now) but I wasn't sure if he was telling the truth. Either way, though, I want to see how Mach Rider looks in Brawl. So long to a good and potential retro character.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
That was excite Bike, not Mach Rider. VERY different.

I can't picture a working Mach Rider AT.

We already have Wario's bike.. so... Either MR is a character, or a regular trophy + sticker. (Could also get a stage only).

Stryks

Smash Hero
He never wanted Roy in the first place.

Nintendo changed the character he actually wanted to Roy for advertising.
PWNED

yeah roy was only there to advertise FE6 (it was 6 rite?) and the game didnt end up so good in japan or so I heard... yeah lets totally keep him >.>

but its true, they leaked some characters before there official confirmation (sure they were veterans, but meh) so anything could happen, saying a sticker deconfirms a character is stupid, stickers have nothing to do with the characters, trophys on the other hand do...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
That was excite Bike, not Mach Rider. VERY different.
No, the guy I'm talking about clearly knows what he's talking about. He even mentioned the Excite Bike as an AT also right next to Mach Rider. According to him, Mach Rider rapidly runs side-to-side the stage at an uber fast speed. I think he's legit even though I wasn't sure in the past, but now I am. I'll try to look for the thread but don't expect me to find it.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
No, the guy I'm talking about clearly knows what he's talking about. He even mentioned the Excite Bike as an AT also right next to Mach Rider. According to him, Mach Rider rapidly runs side-to-side the stage at an uber fast speed. I think he's legit even though I wasn't sure in the past, but now I am. I'll try to look for the thread but don't expect me to find it.
Hey, I wouldn't mind him being an AT at all. He'd end up being my favorite one if he is.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My favorite one so far is Little Mac.

Yet it's weird that I haven't heard of a Mach Rider AT so far... I know the only AT I haven't seen, but I know she's an AT regardless, is Jill from Drill Dozer.

And being the fan of Mach Rider, I think I'd know. >,>

And I've also read many reviews, and seen tons of gameplay videos. And I've not ONCE come across a Mach Rider AT.

Not saying your friend's wrong... But I need more proof than that.

And many friends of people on this forums work for Sakurai... so... :p I find "my friend" answe faker than a Wiki article on big foot.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
It could not mean anything, but does it mean something prior to confirmation? They wouldn't show him like that before he was confirmed, it doesn't make sense.
it's called mindgames son. mindgames.
notice how Mach rider is RIGHT NEXT to link, a playable character? That could be doing some foreshadowing right there.

everyone is way to quick to deconfirm characters nowadays.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Not saying your friend's wrong... But I need more proof than that.
He isn't my friend. The forum poster played Brawl at the event when Sonic was announced, where they had a demo there before E for All. He reported a BUNCH of information before E for All, reporting that wavedashing was gone; Jill, Metroid, Little Mac, Advance War sprite AT (and yes, a Mach Rider AT, and he didn't mistake it for the Excite Bike one as he mentioned that one too); character's final smashes; etc. At first people were kinda skeptical, but a LOT of people on the forum completely trusted him since he is known to be a trusted member. And, well, he turned out to be right when E for All came, when just about all he said was true (albeit apparently people missed Mach Rider as an AT).

So yeah, he's telling the truth. His post is VERY unnoticed, though, especially here, although it's been mentioned before on this forum a few times only to be overshadowed.

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
Mach Rider showing up as a sticker means nothing. Mach seems to be one of Sakurai's favourites, and he's addicted to the theme song. As for using the classic design, all the stickers are old pieces of official art. Besides, other chracters have appeared on the dojo before official confrimation. This is Sakurai being "Not so focused" on keeping secret characters secret. This goes for Balloon Fighter too.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
THAT STILL DOESN'T DECONFIRM ROY YOU ****ING IDIOTS. ALSO YOU CAN'T EVEN PROVE WHAT YOU SAID. YOU PULLED IT OUT OF YOUR *** (EXCEPT FOR THE ADVERTISING PART)

MACH RIDER IS NOT IN YOU GUYS ARE IN DENIAL.

MAch rider is not playable.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
THAT STILL DOESN'T DECONFIRM ROY YOU ****ING IDIOTS. ALSO YOU CAN'T EVEN PROVE WHAT YOU SAID. YOU PULLED IT OUT OF YOUR *** (EXCEPT FOR THE ADVERTISING PART)

MACH RIDER IS NOT IN YOU GUYS ARE IN DENIAL.

MAch rider is not playable.
In that case, I suppose ridley is deconfirmed then, since he was mentioned before he was shown.

oh, and captain falcon is mentioned on samurai goroh's page. I suppose captain falcon is deconfirmed then. I mean, they OBVIOUSLY wouldn't mention a character before they was shown, right?

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
In that case, I suppose ridley is deconfirmed then, since he was mentioned before he was shown.

oh, and captain falcon is mentioned on samurai goroh's page. I suppose captain falcon is deconfirmed then. I mean, they OBVIOUSLY wouldn't mention a character before they was shown, right?
They SHOWED him as a sticker. If he was just mentioned it would be different.

YOU ARE IN DENIAL

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Forget this, you're not gonna change my opinion and I'm not gonna change yours. Lets just wait until brawl comes out.

spfire31

Smash Rookie
I think that this really doesn't disprove Mach Rider from being in the game at all.

The sticker is of him in retro form. However, in melee, ice climbers classic mode trophy is in retro form.

yea.....

Pulse

Smash Apprentice

Mach Rider's Other features:

Can Wall Jump
Grab Serves as a tether recovery

Taunts:
Up: Nods head down in a classic tough guy pose.
Side: Taps buttons on wrist, cuasing computer screen halogram to pop up.
Down: Rapid Whip poses

courte

Smash Lord
i think the appearance of more tether recoveries should mean be implemented to balance out the recovery i.e. if a character has tether, they should have aspects other aspects of their game blech

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Wow... I'm so used to this thread having almost no activity whatsoever, I haven't even bothered checking up on it in spite of all the heated debate (by this thread's standards anyways) that had recently taken place here. On top of that, it was over an update I actually didn't pay much attention to. Hind sight certainly is 20/20... :embarrass

Anyways, while I must admit that in light of this turn of events that things certainly do not bode well for our cyclist vigilante from a ruined future, I'm not counting him out completely just yet. As it has been pointed out beforehand, he listed with Link - who is a playable character. Also, Ridley's theme was featured in a music update and that certainly wasn't enough to disprove him, why should this situation be any different?

At any rate, I still look forward to Mach Rider's inclusion, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one...

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Wow... I'm so used to this thread having almost no activity whatsoever, I haven't even bothered checking up on it in spite of all the heated debate (by this thread's standards anyways) that had recently taken place here. On top of that, it was over an update I actually didn't pay much attention to. Hind sight certainly is 20/20... :embarrass

Anyways, while I must admit that in light of this turn of events that things certainly do not bode well for our cyclist vigilante from a ruined future, I'm not counting him out completely just yet. As it has been pointed out beforehand, he listed with Link - who is a playable character. Also, Ridley's theme was featured in a music update and that certainly wasn't enough to disprove him, why should this situation be any different?

At any rate, I still look forward to Mach Rider's inclusion, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one...
Wait a minute, do you think MR is NEARLY disproven by this? :(
I think it could be Sakurai mindgaming us and showing him in the trophies, but with him still being unlockable... HE'S TRICKING US!!!!
Or, I could just be taking shots in the dark here... lol.

Anyway, I still do hope he is in... MR's currently my 5th most wanted! He'd just add so much to Smash, with his awesomeness and stuff...

Regardless, im glad to hear that you still have hope as well!

Top Bottom