• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

@M: Australian Tournament: Melbourne

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Good **** on beating Bobby with Peach for me Emily ^_^

My Peach will take care of Bob when he gets back home. Mwahahahahah!

kupo

Smash Lord
Samus > my peach?

lol now its my turn to say...

**sigh**

noobs always thinking they are better than me cause they win 1 peach vs samus match up

**sigh**

[/quote from Bobby]

You're the one to talk lol.

Technically, you didn't earn the win in the second match. (>_>)

*gets slapped*

ok, i'll shut up about it. I'll money match you 20 U.S $ each [Sheik and Peach], and we'll settle it then. Oh yeah, that one match that you claimed "ownage". Riiight...urusai bob! Another Falco rematch against your sheik, no questions asked.

I'm actually wanting to put up the matches where bobby owned us at one point. Haha, Shaz got four stocked! XD And i got mauled in the first two stocks. Nasty but nice to watch ^^. I'll get them up when Bobby gets back home...or send them to Corey...=P.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Clearly nothing to do with @M at all. Take this spamfest to 'Australian Tourney' where it belongs.

I did some more looking today, and I found a nice looking caravan park for a decent price it seems. Driving out tomorrow to see if its suitable, or if it is in fact, a dank hole of debauchery. I'll let you know either way. Btw I would also like to know how much each of you have set aside for your week of housing/food. As you should have realised, $100 was sufficient if you were staying at a house with us, but seeing as accomodation isnt working out that way, please be sure to make allowance for more than that. It may turn out that you need that money for accomodation alone and we'll be eating bread rolls for a week =p lol, only jk

But be prepared!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Update.

The thing is, Bobby IS @ Melbourne, and the 'Australian Tourney' wouldn't do the spammage justice either, unless the topic title is changed to 'Aussie Thread,' if you want to be pedantic.

Tomorrow I should have @M flyers (for nickcaine to distribute - glad to help), @M template sig, and the deposit invoice/receipt for the venue booking all set for Shaz. So the preparations all is running well and the promotions will set in very soon as well to help search for more competitive smashers for the tourney. I will also formally contact Ninty Aust to assist in providing us with whatever they have available.

This Saturday the 15th will be the next Melbourne Smashfest.
Time: Around 3:00pm onwards.
Location: n2c, Shop 100, Mid City Arcade, 200 Bourke Street, Melbourne.
Cost: Bring lots of money.
Contact me on MSN or PM if you have any queries.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Re: Samus > my peach?

Originally posted by kupo

You're the one to talk lol.

Technically, you didn't earn the win in the second match. (>_>)

*gets slapped*
[color=0080ff]Bobby, why you gotta be so violent? :p

Of course I want the vids. Look me up this weekend or something, k?

W00t, new avvy and everything![/color]

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Sabreant:
Clearly nothing to do with @M at all. Take this spamfest to 'Australian Tourney' where it belongs.
*Raises hand in agreement*

I did some more looking today, and I found a nice looking caravan park for a decent price it seems. Driving out tomorrow to see if its suitable, or if it is in fact, a dank hole of debauchery. I'll let you know either way. Btw I would also like to know how much each of you have set aside for your week of housing/food. As you should have realised, $100 was sufficient if you were staying at a house with us, but seeing as accomodation isnt working out that way, please be sure to make allowance for more than that. It may turn out that you need that money for accomodation alone and we'll be eating bread rolls for a week =p lol, only jk
Hey, if its cheap and can house all of us, then it is suitable. Surely there must be some sort of motel 6 around melbourne. $6 a night sounds good ..... but i guess im dreaming. BTW, ive got nothing against eating bread rolls for a week, as long as they are washed down by a 6 hour smashfest.

And CAO, that sig is great!!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Yeah =\ I was kinda thinking about ringing those dirt cheap places, but seriously, you get what you pay for, and less. Those places can be really dodgy. If I start getting a little strapped for time, I'll resort to those. But somewhere like a caravan park would be much nicer, likely.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yevoc, didn't recognise you with the new Arv. Welcome to the Broom btw.;)

I will also formally contact Ninty Aust to assist in providing us with whatever they have available.
BWAHAHAHA! You think they'll help us? Bah! They do jack all for the US guys but you never know. They might have a work-exp guy on the phones and send some hats or something.

If we have no $$$ for food, we can always.....do...things....for food. Like....have Shaz and Jon. Do.....things.....*Stabs brain to remove mental images*

Betobeblm

Smash Cadet
lolz

Trash talking is fun, even if half of it isn't true. :p LOL

I dont really play smash anymore though, so I hope you win. You did practice 30 days while I drank 30 days hahaha. Funny stuff. Maybe I should actually play now and then *sigh*, I kill myself so much so its hard to tell actually how good I am and how good we are comparatively. It seems about equal though when it comes down to it. Although...I did win most of the matches, but they were all extremely close so when i say "I PWNED" you, its just for shiz's and giggles. :) Fun stuff to say the least. But I would like to get back into the swing of things cause I barely touch the game, and especially in the last month! :(

Now onto the actual info. I am flying into melbourne at 8:40pm, so here is the deal. My cell phone, the one you guys have been calling, only has incoming calls because I am out of minutes. So I need to be called at 8:30, 9, and 9:30 pm to make sure you guys can get a hold of me. My flight out tomorrow leaves at 1pm back to america, so if anyone can let me grab a bed at their house that would be awesome. So give me some calls tonight, at those times. So that's that. Hope to hear from you guys tonight.

bye

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Dude... that sucks. I thought you were going to be available during the daytme, so now it seems I can't meet you. But, provided you arrive in Melbourne city tonight, you can meet Emily, Myst, and maybe others.

Get the shuttle bus to Spencer Street, then try to get into contact with Emily. She'll be in the city at n2c.

Here a rough @M Flyer. It's not yet finished but I'm sure the double entry isn't $20, so don't go throwing eggs at me or anything (unless it's BRGR King, lol).

http://img105.exs.cx/img105/9706/mprocopy0bn.jpg

kupo

Smash Lord
Bob, I hate you. You last minute goose. Yeroc, beat him up for me when he gets back home =P.

;_;

I don't practice by myself, I practice as a play more matches with others. I don't bother with training mode, so don't think that I have the upperhand or anything. tut tut.

You won most of the matches? *shakes fist*

Kuso!!

No! We're even!!

Mendouksei, Bobby-kun. You're not having the bed. You'll be sleeping in the alley bin. You deserve it =P.
Nah, we'll be playing smash all night at the LAN center. So sleep now and smash with me the whole night. Or be a butthead and sleep. =P

Ja ne rival.

*~*AnBu*~*

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Point #1 : my @M sig is awesome

Point #2 : We need more practice, I dont want CJ to run all over us, let's have another meet.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Plasia
Point #2 : We need more practice, I dont want CJ to run all over us, let's have another meet.
Or us Perthites huh?;)

kupo

Smash Lord
Bob, we're even. Get over it. lol :p

Hmm, yeah, I'm with Plaz for another meet. I have Monday off, so I'm ready for any smashfests. If I were to hold a smashmeet at my place, it can only be invite only, since I have a limit of people that can come over = /.

But whoever's up for hosting, go for it.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
-=CJ >>>> U=-

I dont post here much ehh? D@mn my comp!
Anyway, Bobby ure telling me to abuse upair has made me better but worse...I'm too rpedictable, and get owned for it lol.....Trying to find a happy medium, but I really like my old ways :)
CATS my sig is better than yours :p
CJ is ganna own you all so be warned.
Bobby, since we're talking about who owns who I'll just remind u of ure shameful losses to Ness, and that apart from that Samus matchup u ahve nothing on me :p!
@M is close guys so yeah!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm waiting for mine.......unless someone hasn't read their PM's.
EDIT: I've checked with TM, she is comming to check out the tournie after she's finished school. (Year 12)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I thought she was older than us. Anyway, its good to see Shaz getting into the Up-B spirit, with his "slightly gay pirate" sig! XD You tool. Yeah, about accom. It should be resolved soon. Sorry for no updates, but the drive to also nail an apprenticeship at this point in the year is very important also, so my attention is divided. Keep you posted.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks heaps CAOTIC! You rock!

Uh, yeah, new sig. Everyone else's sigs are really cool as well.

Jon, hurry up with the accomodation.

That's about it lol. Just showing if my new sig XD.

EDIT:

0_o I just saw Mic and Jon's post count. Spammers! =P

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tournament Rules

Can we have a list of the tournament rules? Specifically things like random stages and allowable counter stages? We need to know so we can practice on some stages and stop practicing on others.

23 days!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
No housing has not been arranged yet. Keep your pants on. Its more than 20 days till your due here so dont worry. Me and Cao are working on it. It actually proving to be more difficult and tedious than I had first imagined. I'll let you know what the arrangements are, when and only when they have been set in stone. Until I say otherwise (then and only then), consider it 'unarranged'.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow
RULES + ILLEGAL STAGES

YoshiStory

Um...any real reason why? I like that stage. Gets some good playtime over here.

Rensa

Smash Rookie
Hey there ^^

I'm a Melburnian who just sort of stumbled across this board (and in particular, this thread). I've never done tourneys before and was really psyched to try @M but unfortnately can't make the date, what with Year12 and all.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind coming along after school on the day just to watch a bit and maybe meet a few people, even though I do suck at SSBM (well, in relative terms... I can kick my friends' *****, heh). I'll break out my copy of the game and practice up a bit, maybe try some of the techniques you guys all talk about on Smashboards. It's been a long ime since I've played and I wasn't that great when I did play, but eh - it's all in good fun, right?

BTW, is there any fee for just spectating? Cheers ^^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey.

Rensa, us Melbourne folk hold regular meets every now and then, so if you just stick around, you can verse us anyway, especially during the period around the tourney date, as the interstaters will be invading Victorian soil.

Also, it'd be great if you could tell us what part of Melbourne you hail from (Don't say something crappy like Broadmeadows, lol... too far).

Other than that, there most likely will be a $5 entry fee. Hopefully you can still get some friendly matches in. ^^

PS - Jon, I'll check the Dormitory thing tomorrow - heading to the Aussie Open, so it's my best chance.

Rensa

Smash Rookie
Great, I'll try and pop in after school on the tourney date - I'd guess about 4~5pm. I live in Knoxfield, tho I spend most of my time in Mount Waverley, since that's where I go to school and where all my friends live. So I suppose that isn't too far out (it's in the sticks as far as my lazy friends are concerned, but compared to Broadmeadows... ROFL)... look for me in a stupid blue uniform ^^

I suppose I should probably dig out SSBM so that I'm not a total laydown ;}

Rensa

Smash Rookie
I'm sixteen. Not sure how old most people who play Smash at your level are, but I guess that's the beauty of the net :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OMGMGMGGMGMGMGWTFBBQ!!! He lives in KNOX!
^#@!%^#&!^#%&@!%^*&#!!!!

*Ahem*

Anyways, I live a 10 minute walk behind Knox City.

Play me.

(The majority of us are 17-19).
Why don't we Melbourne folk organise a meet? We need a host.

PS Mr. Crns, why is Yoshi's Island banned? That's a pro-Bowser stage! And why isn't Termina banned...

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyways, I live a 10 minute walk behind Knox City.
Took me 20. Must be a slow walker lol.

Hmm, things like this make me think we should have a specific FTS topic, just so we can attract more Perthites.

Welcome to the community Rensa. It's always good to see another smasher. If you make it to @M, I'll be the tall guy owning the Japanese guy with Yoshi ^_^

Rensa

Smash Rookie
You know the Lakewood Estate a few blocks eas tof Knox City? I'm in there; I can run it in ten minutes if I try (and promptly bring my lunch back up =_=). I'm kinda busy this week what with getting back to school and such (we have to do a residential thing @ Melbourne Uni), but I'm free on Australia Day. Maybe we can get together then or something? :D

Top Bottom