• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

@M: Australian Tournament: Melbourne

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Okay this is now the official Australian Tourny thread for the Feb 2005 Smash Melee Tourny. The date for the tourny will be the 14th of Feb.
To make things easy I'll make notes of important info.
DATE
-14th of Feb 2005 We have the theatre from 9am till 5pm.
VENUE
ICT Theatre 1, Ground Floor.
Information and Communications Technology Building, Barry Street, Carlton (University Square precinct)
http://www.gfethers.com.au/glass/images/folio_melb_uni.jpg
http://www.ists.unimelb.edu.au/images/105-G06.jpg
RULES + ILLEGAL STAGES
Best of 3 rounds. Loser selects next stage with exception of illegal stages. Before match players must tell who they will use to a pre-selected person to avoid counter charactering. Winner confirms character after match (may reselect), then loser chooses accordingly.
Illegal Stages:
(Subject to change)
Floats
Flat
Blue
IM
Fourside
DK64
Yoshi64
Temple
YoshiStory
Depths
MK1
YoshiIsland
-No stage may be chosen twice consecutively unless both combatants agree, or stage is a result of random)
Random stages (first round and optional fo loser)
FD
PStadium
(These will be used for first round...afterwads loser may select from non-banned stages, or use random.)
ENTRY FEE
$15 au due to venue hiring. May change, though $15 seems likely.
ATTENDING
(List of confirmed players entering)
-Cronos_Rainbow (organiser)
-Captain Jack (overseas)
VICTORIA
-Anfurni
-Ben
-CATS
-Caotic (venue organiser)
-Cella_Lina
-Dave
-dave8pie
-Diabolical Fanatiscism
-Froddos
-Glothrenite
-Hiro
-Joe
-Julian
-kupo (gives everyone orders :p)
-M@
-Mark
-Myst Walker
-Nat
-Nigel
-Plaege XI
-Plasia
-SabreAnt
-ThunderMistress
-Zant3tsuken
WESTERN AUS.
-BringerOfDeath
-Cubed64
-Mic128
-Quetzalcoatl
SOME BACKWATER PLACES IN THE STICKS :p
-Bardiel
-Craig
-Haha Monkey
-ThatDiablosGuy
-TDG's friend

(In question)
-Nesis

More?...post here to confirm your being available.

The date draws near everyone....I hope you're practising!
-Cronos_Rainbow [ ;) "Gai sensei!" ]

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Alright, good work shaz. Your doing a great job organising this thing. Make sure you book the venue early, we dont want any backstreets shed or abandoned warehouse near the docks.

Is the name of the tourney @M? or are you still formulating one?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Oh so thats what it means, i thought it stood for 'At Melbourne'. You know, because @=at and M=melbourne. Anyway.... I think we should stay away from the MOAST thing, let the texans have it. Lets think of something original. I like the @M thing, if it means 'At Melbourne' cos then we can have @P and possibly @A for diablos and @S just for a bit of a change. Then, if we run out of locations, we could have @AS, @D, @B and maybe even @NZ, if we all win the lotto that is.....

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
It's not flipping MOAST Cella you tossbucket!!! I'm not ganna rip off some other peoples tourny name, so just get over it!
Mat, you're on the right track...@ as in both at (location) and AT (Australian Tourny)...so just forget Cella she's just highly in love with being a follower, and can't accept that we're people of your own.

That taken care of anyone who hasn't been mentioned as attendind and wish to attend either post here, the ATT or MSN me (omnimetrix@hotmail.com) and let me know your situation.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
sorry, but i gotta jump on the pick on cella bandwagon here ^_~

you guys can do soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than some lame rip off of some lame texas tourney! (although stolen sigs are sorta silly.)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I thought that was the point of stealing the sigs? I'll have to update mine now. ;) Crono, you rock. @M Here we come!
EDIT: Like siggy?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Cronos_Rainbow:
Mat, you're on the right track...@ as in both at (location) and AT (Australian Tourny)...so just forget Cella she's just highly in love with being a follower, and can't accept that we're people of your own.
YEHS!!!! Correct again!! Cella, you suck. :D That idea is very clever, it beats the Eastern Invasion by a mile....

Originally by CORY:
sorry, but i gotta jump on the pick on cella bandwagon here ^_~

you guys can do soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than some lame rip off of some lame texas tourney! (although stolen sigs are sorta silly.)
**** straight, in fact, we will do better than the lame texas tourney that you are organising ;) . As for the cella bandwagon, everybody aboard!!!!

Originally by mic_128:
I thought that was the point of stealing the sigs? I'll have to update mine now. Crono, you rock. @M Here we come!
lol, the new sig is great. We should get someone to make an 'official' @M signature. Id use it, and my sig is getting old and worn out.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
just take the sticker mic slapped over his and slap it over yours. VIOLA! instant classic.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
lol, I finally got to see that sig everyone's ben on about Mic, nice touch...I'm glad to see it lacks mannerism for a change....also glad to see you are capable of coolness apart from deperate mannerisms and beating Mat @ smash.

TDG, can I add you to the list of people coming?
Speaking of which, I'd betterwork on letting people know...hmmm.....superfinal ehh...nice.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
By Cronos
glad to see you are capable of coolness
I should feel offended. Why aren't I feeling offended?
I've mentioned this a few times in the Broom, hoping a mod or 2 might want to come.

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow
Depending on whether CJ actually makes it for the tourny I'll try ask him to get a GCN control of a colour we can't buy here like aqua or platinum....that'd serve as a worthy reward to the winner as the majority seem to want a material prize over money...with that as the case perhaps depending on you guys perhaps an import game or something could be arranged or something like that...I dunno...you guys tell me.[/B]
Since CJ is the favourite to win this tourney, let's make the first prize something aussie, like a Hawaiian shirt and a pair of thongs.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I don't think he'll win...I'll be sending him to the loser brackets in the first round. Once there he will face the loser of Emily and Josh....they will proceed to kick him out of the tourny. So I think we've got no worries about CJ winning! :) *riiiiiiiiiight*:crazy:
*edit* happy b'day Ryan you truck.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Get him to use a wave bird. Then someone else plays around with their mobile/microwave/other device to screw with him!
****. Probably shouldn't have posted this.....:o

Betobeblm

Smash Cadet
american smash!

hey this is a player from the US, and I am randomly gonna be in Aussie from december 11 to january 11th in the melbourne and all east coast area. So if any of you are interested in playing a skilled player from the US, gimme a ring on AIM handle crazymofobob or e-mail at
betobeblm@netscape.net

I would be interested in playin some people outside the country, lemme know!

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey this is a player from the US, and I am randomly gonna be in Aussie from december 11 to january 11th in the melbourne and all east coast area. So if any of you are interested in playing a skilled player from the US, gimme a ring on AIM handle crazymofobob or e-mail at
betobeblm@netscape.net

I would be interested in playin some people outside the country, lemme know!
Hey, that's cool. I'm gonna be in melbourne around then also. Maybe you can catch up with the melbournites the same day I do :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ryan's going there in Dec with his family, then again with the rest of us for the tournie.
Betobeblm-You sure you can't wait a month or so?

M@

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone who knows me from the superchallenge, my brother and myself will be there, but i have a question, why is it on a tuesday as people like me will be back at school and my brother is working full time during his uni holidays?

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
I'm there, with DDR mat and copy of Bishi Bashi in tow. :)

I can also see about bringing friends if they are interested in numbers, for like a crowd. Crowds are cool, they make loud noises. :)
If not then thats cool too.

As for venue, tell me how it's going. If you can't find one then give me the word and I'll start asking around. :)

kupo

Smash Lord
Ask around anyways Zan ^^.

Shaz, M@ mentioned that theres a Town Hall in Hallam [near The station]. Was that the one you were talking about earlier or is it another one?

Nintendowned people. Wag School/Work.

Betobeblm

Smash Cadet
hehe

plane ticket is already bought, yall should get something together in the dec month so i can show u american smash ;) lol

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Re: hehe

Originally posted by Betobeblm
plane ticket is already bought, yall should get something together in the dec month so i can show u american smash ;) lol
they've already seen american smash ^_~

cella_lina

Smash Cadet
Yes yes cory you are an american smasher aren't you? Come back! I miss the *** kicking...
Betobeblm, are you really any good? Don't be offended, serious question and i'm no newb, just lazy...so you know...
What tournies have you been in? And finally, who do you play as your main?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
if by *** kicking you mean cheaping the crap with ic's and doc's bair all i can, then yeah, i guess i was *** kicking : p

Betobeblm

Smash Cadet
oooo

I'm pretty darn good... the only HUGE tourny I have been to is melee FC and I did pretty good. I placed 13th...but lots of people tied for 13th...but yeah I play samus main and fox to counter C. falcon and that's it... lol...but yeah i'll be in melbourne first then east coast, so hopefully I can get some aussie smash in. cya

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Interesting. Another Samus player. I like your choice. But you'll have to vs me in particular. I'm Australia's Samus. Have you ever vsed Wes before? He is sharp. His vids are quite nice.

Ahh! Its Dave and Matt!! Glad to see you guys on Smashboards. I got your sms btw and I msg you back already. Thanks for your numbers, we get in contact soon.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Updated first post.

Zan, it'd be cool if you could help in finding somewhere :)

NintenDOWNED guys....howdy, and I look forward to seeing you guys play smash hard to achieve higher levels with us :) Let Aus > USA :p

dave8pie

Smash Rookie
Yes let this small contingent of Aussie players unite :) and we can all practice together.

And yeah I got your message Jon, hopefully we can meet up soon (my exams are over on the thenh of Nov) so after that I should be quite free :D

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Yeah cool. Good talking to you last night Dave. looking forward to Monday. Hopefully we could even get enough for a tiny tournament if theres interest. ^^ That would be cool. As for TAFE on Monday, Shaz and I finish at 12:00, *but* we might have to stay ehind and complete a Work Performance module we missed out on last term. If thats the case we may finish closer to 3:00. If we dont however, then its possible that we can pick you up on our way home Em. Save you taking the train and Dave wasting petrol. See how we go.

Perth's right next door. GO THERE!
Yeah, next door.. right. Only a 4 hour trip that way *points West* going at near Falcon speeds. =p

Top Bottom