• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

@M: Australian Tournament: Melbourne

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I confess. It was me. I was going to steal a MOAST/TOAST sig, but this one seemed easier for my MSPaint skills.

On topic, uh...I hope you guys do well.
Do a lot of people play link there? I would assume so, y'know. Cause of the boomerange.

Now, once more:my sig

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
He took the shuttle the first time, Em. I'll search around for the AV extension leads post haste.

Nice sig Ender.

Myst, your sig could be a contender for the worst @M sig ever, as is mine, lol.

Myst Walker

Smash Apprentice
Shush you, my sig owns, it serves it's purpose as an eye catcher completely lol.

Now where's that letter darnit! Time is seriously ticking lol, chop chop to it, or heck, at least write an email and send it over, I'm sure they have someone to respond to such equiries.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
If the projectors support it I would suggest using Component cables for maximum image quality. Of course if you are using standard Composite leads then you just need to visit your local tandy/dse to get extensions.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I was reading M3D's proposal, and was wondering if we could do something like that. Like after the main tournie, could we do like a State round? Four from each state doing theses "Crew battles." What do you guys think? (I still say 2 on 2's are awsome though)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Crews

Crews would be awesome. I innately suck at being a teammate (Just ask Em or Myst, lol), so 1-on-1 crew battles are right up my alley. Go it lone wolf.

I think a Vic crew already exists (2W2A - 2 Wogs, 2 Asians):
- Kupo
- CAOTIC
- Anfology
- Froddos

But we haven't done anything other than proclaim ourselves as a group, lol.

*** I'll be testing out the theatre tomorrow from 3-4pm. Those who want to come along will have to meet me at the ICT theatre right on schedule. Jon's taken care of the extension leads - what a legend! ***

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Dont know where Cao is hiding, but I'll make the brief annoucement. He can elaborate if he wants. Everything at the Theatre is operational and things were running smoothly in the test session today. Some issues resolved, and Shaz and I also discussed the bags situation so thats cleared up too. (Where they will be put, and how secure they can be)

We also popped into n2c for some gaming. Sam, Cao, Immanuel and myself. Was good fun. Thanks guys. Not long now people only 10 more days! =]

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just wandering, but have any prises been confirmed? Or are we doing a pot?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
OK, well 2W2A have done less crew-like activities than Dale has beaten Emily in Falco dittos. Besides that team will get ***** by Josh alone lol, Em will fall to his recovery, KO coz he will insist on Bowser being able to win, Freddo coz he will be downsmash owned and Slink coz he'll chicken out of the match at the last minute as usual.
Prize-wise, we all agreed there's no point in money earlier, but since KO decided to go all public on me, without considering the consequences - we need something big; we'll have to do something :S....perhaps a romantic night by the Yarra with Mic_128 himself ;)! Ok, prize I'll decide in the time beforehand.
Not long at all now, hope everyone's getting ready and pumped!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
You tool Mr. CRNS, who said we had to have a prize simply because it's going public? I've already addressed this issue to others saying its all about Smash. And I'm probably only going to pull in an extra 10 people at this rate. Unless Nick is doing his part promoting in the west...

Anyhow, when CJ crashes tomorrow, expect me at your house. Then we can make him do the BOWSER CHALLENGE with the 3 Bowser players (you, me and Jon) =P

Bowser > all. Literally.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow
We need something big; we'll have to do something :S....perhaps a romantic night by the Yarra with Mic_128 himself ;)!
I hope Em, Cella, TM or Jon wins......

4 days til Melbourne!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
*chck* YEHS! OOOOOooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOoOOO!! Lol, good choice Mic, ^_~ I 'll win it all for you baby. Its the 7th today! Whoopee! You Perthites's and Adelaider's must be getting a wee bit pumped right now huh? ^^ Only a couple of sleeps to go. Followed by a week of almost no sleep.. O_0 YEHS! See you then.

OOOOOoooooOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOooOOoooooOoOoOoOOOOOoOoOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOooooOOOoOOOOoooooOooOoOOOOOoOoOOOOOooooOOOOOOooooOOOOOOooOOOoooooOoOoOoOOOOOoOoOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOOoooooOoOoOoOOOOOoOoOO YEHS! YEHS!! YEHS!!! *chck* YEEEHHHHSSSSSS!!!!!!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The 'welcome to Melbourne smashfest': A pre-@M proposal.

I don't have much time to verse you guys as I will be leaving on the night of the 14th. So, with my initiative intact, I've got a smashfest proposal up my sleeve for arriving Smashers.

This Friday the 11th of February (which the the date many arrivals are to be made), I propose a meet at n2c for the arvo and well into the evening/night.

I understand that this venue works on an hourly rate, but if there is no resolve as to where we can Smash for free beforehand (ie, at the Bakpak Hotel with other Melbournians), I'd say this is the place to have it. I want as many people to make this date as possible, including the FG people, Epping/Rubicon people, the Melbourne folk who can't attend @M (for shame), and CJ, in order to make it worthwhile. Think of it as the proper place to meet up with everyone for the first time.

The plan is to raid as many TV's as possible at n2c. Come jacked' up in cash and good to go.
Address: Shop 100, Level 1, Mid City Arcade, 200 Bourke Street, Melbourne
Time: Basically it starts from mid-late arvo onwards. I will be in at n2c from 3pm onwards, and leaving/returning briefly to pick up interstaters from Spencer Street.

Create a scene.

Rensa

Smash Rookie
I'll jump on the train and go straight from school. Is there a website for n2c? Mainly just the hourly rate I'd like to know about.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
This whole thing is getting really annoying.

Wednesday and Friday are the only nights I'm busy in the entire week. I cant go to @M, I have a SAC.

I only have the weekend free. I cannot convey in words how frustrated I am, since nothing seems to be happening at the only time I am free.

theduffman

Smash Cadet
finally a meet I can attend. I've been dying for smashing for aaaaaaaages.

Friday sounds great, I'll be there as soon as I can after school, meaning 3:30ish, with my precious dssssss.

They're now on demo all around the place, though. My bro and I took the ds to chaddy eb, to the demo stand and got in a few 4p games against the staff :)

kupo

Smash Lord
Cool, n2c smashfest and Money Matches here and there! Can't wait to vs CJ tomorrow! >=].

Will be there with a Cube, NTSC/PAL smash and 2 controls. And Naruto if ya want =P.

Peace out ya'lls.

6 more days

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm..I'll see if i can make it for the smashfest for a bit just to meet the people and get horribly pwned if i feel like playing : D Chances are so so, darned sacs coming up --'

Rensa

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by mic_128
*Will kill for DS*
I tried one of those Internet scam websites that supposedly give you free stuff if you do their advertising crap, just out of sheer desperation. ><

Thankfully, my SACs don't srtart until later next week, so I'm free! :D

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
my mobile number: 0432607269

also we really need a definite response as to how the perth people are getting to the hotel, mum was not very enthusiastic about us taking the bus, is it possible for jon or shaz to pick us up? We need to know by tonight pretty much cos parents are a bit concerned about this.

and is n2c still on? and can someone give us a bit of an outline of what we'll be doing for the week we are there? thanks =)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sorry Quez, I can't answer many of those questions, but I hope all issues are resolved quickly.

n2c is definetly going ahead - quite a few people have agreed to the meet. Since no interventions have been made, it's set. I've received word from others that JM, Eric, Nick, Anf, Myst, Shaz, CJ, Jon, Perth/Adeliaders, Duff and Rensa, among others will come. So a decent 16-20 people should turn up.

Fair cool.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So how are we leaving the airport? Bus or car?

EDIT: Siggy:)

EDIT2: Flights have been confirmed, we will be landing at 18:50 Melbourne time.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
It'll be bus if I cant organise Shaz to cooperate his car movements with me. =\ Hopefully he has enough gas/money for gas. As I said, I can take 4 people, but not 4 peoples worth of luggage. So thats the story so far.

*edit, so whats the departure of your train Diablos? And how long does it go for until it gets here? I know you said you'd arrive about 8-10pm, but I'm still interested.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Guys, a word of warning. Bring food for the plane trip. They SELL food, but it is expencive. I'm also bringing cerial, so that's one days breakfast taken care off. Maybe we should all bring cerial.....

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Sabreant:
It'll be bus if I cant organise Shaz to cooperate his car movements with me. =\ Hopefully he has enough gas/money for gas. As I said, I can take 4 people, but not 4 peoples worth of luggage. So thats the story so far.
As long as there is someone at the airport who knows what they are doing to greet us .... then im ok.

Originally by mic_128:
Guys, a word of warning. Bring food for the plane trip. They SELL food, but it is expencive. I'm also bringing cerial, so that's one days breakfast taken care off. Maybe we should all bring cerial.....
im bringing a GBA on the flight, so ill probably forget my hunger. And the hotel serves breakfast ... its craptastic toast, but its still breakfast.

16 hours and 26 minutes untill our plane takes off!!!!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Sorry interstaters, but it has been confirmed. We cannot assist your transit from the airport. Fortunately, the Shuttle is quite straightforward, so I hear. So you should find it quite simple to make it to Spencer St Station, where I shall meet up with you. Stay in contact with me via sms once you touch down and let me know of your progress. Adelaiders, also. Please let me know when you are alerted to closing in on Melbourne. I am most anxious to greet you all. =]

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Sabreant:
Sorry interstaters, but it has been confirmed. We cannot assist your transit from the airport. Fortunately, the Shuttle is quite straightforward, so I hear. So you should find it quite simple to make it to Spencer St Station, where I shall meet up with you. Stay in contact with me via sms once you touch down and let me know of your progress. Adelaiders, also. Please let me know when you are alerted to closing in on Melbourne. I am most anxious to greet you all. =]
Ahhh, no worries man, we will figure it out.
OMG!! i cant wait to meet everyone!! yay!!

2 hours and 37 minutes untill our plane takes off!!

w0000000000000000000t!!!!1111oneoneoneoneoneshift+one

Rensa

Smash Rookie
Well, I played fairly well for the first hour or two that I was at n2c. Then everyone arrived and I crashed like a flaming zeplin ><

Still, I had a ton of fun, and can't wait for @M, even if I'll only be there for the last hour or so. :D

kupo

Smash Lord
Quez and Shaz are our only hope to avoid letting CJ taking the singles tournie...I suck too much against CJ and he makes my Falco look completely ****. I got pretty close to beating his Sheik and Falcon.
I took out his Yoshi with M2. I'll see if I can do it again XD.

*Em does a Bobby*

Last minute plan stuff. Meet at my place. The people that are comng, you know who you are. See you in 12 hours. Good day and Good night la. ^^

Quez, if you read this before the Monday...

Zettai Katsu...

*leaves to go slaughter nurses*

Top Bottom