• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M.A.S: EPIC CHARACTERS ARE EPIC! 08/21/2010 Winthrop Harbor, IL

Dragmire

Smash Lord
^ur gonna lose SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad^ *that and callin kenni johns*

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
I want to try and make it.. lol. I gotta see if I'll get a ride.

@jordan

I won the ACEN tourney... lul

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I want to try and make it.. lol. I gotta see if I'll get a ride.

@jordan

I won the ACEN tourney... lul
I don't know who you are =[ Well, I don't think I could put your name to the face.

Unless you were the dude I played first round. But yeah, what did you win? Hopefully not a Stinky Mario.

*edit* I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! You're the Pit I friendlied at Don't Blink! 2 and showed me that his shield makes you off yourself with PKT2. Man, that took some DIGGING!

*edit2* You won the ACEN tournament? What was the Silly Smash bull**** for finals? XD

*edit3*

MM sheik vs wario next time i see you
Make sure he doesn't ***** out of this one.

hunger!

Smash Champion
what mm's have i backed out of cause i was busy in bracket when you already got 0-2'd? I'll do almost any character you want for $5 each.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
I won a trophy... lol. "Worth it"

It changed each time, but it was like...

No grabs, Zelda chars only, have to announce your attack (first round) (My Sheik vs a pro Link)
No B moves, Jiggly puff only, something else. (Jiggly vs Jiggly)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
you wouldn't believe the crap I had to go through. EVERY single round, I DID NOT get to choose my char xD;

first round the opponent chooses your char, I was given ROB. Made that boy play ganon though xD;

Next round the crowed near me had to choose my char.. they chose link xD;; jerks. I was so lucky I was fighting captain falcon.

another round I had to play jiggly puff duo xD

I never got to use my main at all during the tourney. Like AT ALL lol.

So I fight him (in a friendly) the link player with my pit and I lose.. (I wasn't warmed up, this GUY got to choose his link every round but the final 2/3 round) The next fight was vs a previous champion.. two stocked him -.-; I got to warm up, i wanted to play the link again but then they had to pack up. Ghey.

I'm just glad I've played every char so I know what to do with some of em -.-;;;;;

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I would've been fine if I didn't have to choose my character. In fact, I would've loved that, since they weren't playing their mains either :p I'm pretty decent with all characters, excluding Samus.

Mine? Play on Pictochat. How is that silly? The people on the main projector first round got "Characters with Swords" I'd've been "METAKNIGHT **** YEAH!" Instead, Ganon vs Ike.

Not to mention their community controller's c-sticks blew (johns, left my wii at the hotel), and it was my least favorite "legal" stage =[ Bah, I'll stick to real tournaments from now on.

*edit*
what mm's have i backed out of cause i was busy in bracket when you already got 0-2'd? I'll do almost any character you want for $5 each.
We all know he'd never do that. Unless it was Sheik v Ganon.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Hey im making a video about tournaments and **** for my film study class.

Im interested in interviewing like:

Winner of singles and doubles, Arty, Hunger, Grimace, Lain, Judge, Kels, Tink, Cosmo, Akashi, ook, and a few others. You if shes there.
Sounds legit:D let me know if you want to interview me when I'm there :0

I may do Mid-tier depending on how many people demand it, but as of right now I'll be TOing LT. Sway me one way!

edit: ALSO if I do Mid-tier, idk what Hunger was saying before but I would include LT in it as well. That means the entire cast except high-tier. Why the heck would we host a mid-tier tourney but not include characters who are (arguably) worse than them >_>.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
edit: ALSO if I do Mid-tier, idk what Hunger was saying before but I would include LT in it as well. That means the entire cast except high-tier. Why the heck would we host a mid-tier tourney but not include characters who are (arguably) worse than them >_>.
You really shouldn't include Low-tiers to be honest. It's a MID tier tournament, meaning only Mid tiers. It doesn't matter if the LT's are worse, IMO. I just think it's unfair if you make it Mid/Low, because that's basically normal Brawl without like, 12 of the characters. If you're gonna do Mid tier, do only Mid tier, otherwise, just do Low tier.

To me, it's just like Low tiers, if you don't have a Mid tier character, don't enter, but don't make it the entire cast minus the top 12, that just seems useless to me.

If you can't tell, I want Mid tiers > Low tiers, but please, make it only Mid tier.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Wait, its one or the other?

**** mid-tiers, that's just stupid. Low tiers actually gives the spotlight to characters that normally are never played.

I'm not even being biased because everything I main is low tier, I'm being serious. SUPER serious. /seriousface.

Okay so I'm being biased. Still doesn't make changing things like that right =[

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
You low tier mains scared of some mid tiers joining the party? :colorful:
Considering it drastically changes the gametype, kinda, yeah. I mean, if Low Tiers are included, why not just have it be "Not High Tiers" instead of Mid Tiers? Because Low Tiers won't be competition, that's why.

Okay, that's an exaggeration, but if Low Tiers are included in Mid Tiers, why not just call it "Not High Tiers" ? Or even "Balanced Brawl" :D

Akashi

Smash Lord
Keep talking guys, please:D. To answer a few questions:

@Zwarm: As of right now, no, sorry. The reason why I don't see the whole "you're only leaving 12 characters out" as justifiable means to include MT only is because those 12 characters are the most prominent/tourney efficient characters. Not including them creates a semi-adjusted metagame which allows not only mid-tier, but some low-tier at a chance to win a tourney.

@the others complaining that MT can win a tourney: I completely agree. I can see why we should keep it low-tier only, and I can also see why we should open it for mid-tier too. I want to hear everyone express their opinions (not just quote each other lollll) so I can evaluate this. I AM NOT BIASED BECAUSE MY SECONDARYS SUCK! lol. Hunger/Arty/Ook/Sponge/everyone else, please enlighten me :].

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Since Low/Mid Tier has NEVER been done before.

Anywhere for that matter.

WE WILL DO THIS, THIS WEEKEND!!!

Low Tier tournament, has officially been changed to...

"Why" (Low/Mid) Tier Tournament!!!

yoshq

Smash Master
i don't understand the above post. but i think we should do midtiers partly because I main luigi and partly because we have never done it before, besides, m2k or ally will probably still win it even if they use cf or ike.

and we have never done it before, so for the experience and the results we should.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Bo you main two mid tiers and a low tier. How are you not voting midtiers+lowtiers lol?
Because it's dumb... I wouldn't mind doing a midtier/low tier but if that crosses out doing a LT only tournament then I don't support.

I'm still voting Low tier.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Keep talking guys, please:D. To answer a few questions:

@Zwarm: As of right now, no, sorry. The reason why I don't see the whole "you're only leaving 12 characters out" as justifiable means to include MT only is because those 12 characters are the most prominent/tourney efficient characters. Not including them creates a semi-adjusted metagame which allows not only mid-tier, but some low-tier at a chance to win a tourney.
Well it seems like a lost cause at this point because Webster already decided, but this still doesn't make any sense to me. It's like saying that every tournament is a high tier tournament, but we just happen to include the rest of the characters because they have no chance of winning, even when they do. Allowing just Mid tier creates a semi-adjusted metagame as well, I don't see why we can't just have a tournament to let the Mid tiers shine for once, and leave low and high out. I really don't care that they're worse than most of the Mid tiers, we do enough low tier stuff already.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Well it seems like a lost cause at this point because Webster already decided, but this still doesn't make any sense to me. It's like saying that every tournament is a high tier tournament, but we just happen to include the rest of the characters because they have no chance of winning, even when they do. Allowing just Mid tier creates a semi-adjusted metagame as well, I don't see why we can't just have a tournament to let the Mid tiers shine for once, and leave low and high out. I really don't care that they're worse than most of the Mid tiers, we do enough low tier stuff already.
One side tournament once a month?

Sounds like we do a ton of low tier stuff.

hunger!

Smash Champion
wc does only mid tier. lets do mid/low tier this time around and switch it up. GUNNA BE AWESOME. OOK IS NO WINNING THIS!!!! THE PINK DEMON ON NEW PORK ALREADY SAID SO!!!!

Top Bottom