• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lyn (Fire Emblem) Discussion Thread

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Lyn's not even that powerful. Her HP and STR are only average at best. Her DEF is pitiful. Her RES is just a little over average for a melee unit. She basically has the same HP, STR, DEF, and RES as Marcus. >_>;

D

Deleted member

Lol taking Marth out and putting other FE characters would be sorta like, killing Link and replacing him with ralph <_< (I think thats his name)
You are correct (unfortunately).

But there’s so many more mains to choose from in Fire Emblem, and I guess Marth was the first (and the poster boy...) of the series to strike big, so thats fine with me.

And Marcus was probably good in his day.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Lyn's not even that powerful. Her HP and STR are only average at best. Her DEF is pitiful. Her RES is just a little over average for a melee unit. She basically has the same HP, STR, DEF, and RES as Marcus. >_>;
>_> her speed and crit were excellent though which is what made her great, not only that should hit twice in confrontation. Yeah shes notpowerful at all >_>

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Lyn is the strongest unbroken lord that I've seen. Double attacking, scoring crits and dodging like she does completely negates her average stats in Str, Def and HP

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The same could be said about Eirika or Ike. At least I think so.
Not Ike, but Eirika was imo the weakest Lord ever. Or atleast... She always turns out useless for me. Her Crict isnt that high either...

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
I've used Eirika (and by used I mean used in every chapter leveling up to her maximum before and after promotion) and honestly she never came off as that impressive to me. Now Lyn, Lyn was great all the time dodging blows and pulling off critical hit after critical hit. The only time she wasn't the best was using the Sol Katti during the last chapter.

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
I didn't say Eirika is great. I'm just saying she's not bad. And I never bothered to use Sol Katti in the last chapter. Mani Katti all the way!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Hector is the most powerful Lord in Fire Emblem history, going my mathematical averages, stat placement, and situational usefulness.

Hector > Ike > Ephraim > Celice > Sigurd. No other lords are really worth mentioning when it comes to power/usefulness.

Lyn and Eirik are two of the weakest Lords. Lyn's critical hit rate wasn't even outstanding; she just had a good weapon and great SKL. Swordmasters and Beserkers surpass her in critical hit rates by a longshot, especially the ones in FE 6.

http://fea.fewiki.net/

Lyn averages 20.9 STR and is locked to the two weakest weapon types. She relies on criticals and expensive weapons to get kills. She can't take physical hits well and relies on her good dodge.

Aiser

Smash Lord
YOu make it sound like, her dodge always failed. It rarely did fail, if anything eliwood was worse then her battlewise.

crit not outstanding? its the highest in the game.

Lyn sucked royally in the beginning, however in the higher levels she became really good. Alot better then Eliwood imo, atleast she can dodge. <_<

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Of course they are, but that's not going to stop them from putting Japanese characters in as well.

And yea, I thought it was just some wierd phenomenon that my Lyn got WORSE when I gave her the Sol Katti, but others seem to experience that as well......However, she did attack cooler. ^^

Lyn, Ephraim, and Hector I want to see. Lyn and Hector have better shots though.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
YOu make it sound like, her dodge always failed. It rarely did fail, if anything eliwood was worse then her battlewise.

crit not outstanding? its the highest in the game.

Lyn sucked royally in the beginning, however in the higher levels she became really good. Alot better then Eliwood imo, atleast she can dodge. <_<
Lyn has the second highest EVD score in the game, only behind a hard mode boosted Legault. Her avoid is outstanding when she's not using a weapon with more than 6 weight; too bad most weapons weigh her down and reduce her SPD.

Her critical is nowhere near the highest in the game.

Lyn with her SKL capped at 29 gets 14 base critical. Add in 5 for an S rank in swords. She has a base critical rate of 19%. Guy, Karla, and Karel have a base critical rate of 34%. Hawkeye's base critical rate is 29%, and Dart's is 27%.

Lyn's Statistics said:
Base Statistics; Level 1: Total Stats; 57

HP: 16
STR: 4
SKL: 7
SPD: 9
LUK: 5
DEF: 2
RES: 0
CON: 5
AID: 4
MOV: 5

Growth Rates: Total Growth; 335%

HP: 70%
STR: 40%
SKL: 60%
SPD: 60%
LUK: 55%
DEF: 20%
RES: 30%

Averages: Total Stats; 196.4

HP: 45.6
STR: 20.9
SKL: 28.7
SPD: 29.4
LUK: 25.8
DEF: 12.6
RES: 16.4
CON: 6
AID: 5
MOV: 6
Guy's Statistics said:
Base Statistics; Level 3(hard mode bonus sample): Total Stats; 73(85)

HP: 21(25)
STR: 6(8)
SKL: 11(12)
SPD: 11(13)
LUK: 5(5)
DEF: 5(6)
RES: 0(1)
CON: 5
AID: 4

Growth Rates: Total Growth; 310%

HP: 75%
STR: 30%
SKL: 50%
SPD: 70%
LUK: 45%
DEF: 15%
RES: 25%

Averages: Total Stats; 190(199.4)

HP: 53.0(57.0)
STR: 18.8(20.8)
SKL: 27.7(29.0)
SPD: 29.9(30.0)
LUK: 21.2(21.2)
DEF: 12.4(13.4)
RES: 10.0(11.0)
CON: 6
AID: 5
MOV: 6
In hard mode(the only mode worth touching), Guy's average damage output will exceed Lyn's. He starts with more STR and will have more STR until very late in the game. He also starts off with superior SKL and SPD. He gets a 15% critical bonus upon promotion, further increasing his damage output.

Eliwood's Statistics said:
Base Statistics; Level 1: Total Stats; 65

HP: 18
STR: 5
SKL: 5
SPD: 7
LUK: 7
DEF: 5
RES: 0
CON: 7
AID: 6

Growth Rates: Total Growth; 325%

HP: 80%
STR: 45%
SKL: 50%
SPD: 40%
LUK: 45%
DEF: 30%
RES: 35%

Averages: Total Stats; 211.9

HP: 52.4
STR: 23.8
SKL: 23.5
SPD: 22.4
LUK: 24.1
DEF: 17.4
RES: 16.3
CON: 9
AID: 16
MOV: 7
Eliwood is, quite simply, a superior unit, if only by a little. He also has a better class that grants an extra point of MOV and the ability to move after performing any action besides attacking.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Really? >_> she dodged way more then any other character I had. Meh I got owned none the less. lol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Lyn's dodge is very high.

EVD = SPD * 2 + LUK + Terrain

Lyn's average EVD is 84.6.

Legault's average EVD is 86.1 in hard mode, and 84.9 in normal mode.

It's tiny, but Legault wins in avoid. Add in his superior DEF, and he's generally a better survivor unless most of the enemies are magicians.

mog87

Smash Ace
Lyndis has better supports and her weapon selection makes up, and shes stronger, but really this is about melee not emblem mechanics. Oh and Lyndis has a wind affinity which is good for crits unlike Legaults Ice. Matthew is the better assassin if you mess around with the RNG, and Jaffar aint that bad either.

Besides Lyn,Ayra, Fir, Karla all look the same anyway who cares just make them look like each costume. The only oddball is Marrisa with the purple hair and all.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Matthew is statistically the weakest unit in the game.

Getting more critical out of supports doesn't help him when it comes to comparing to Legault. Legault beats him by large amounts in every stat but HP, STR, and SPD, where they tie. Legault has much higher SKL, granting him a higher base critical, so it evens out. Legault wins in DEF, LUK, and RES by considerable amounts.

Lyn's supports are great, and they make her one of the better units in the game.

Marrisa is a pretty terrible unit, so I hope she has nothing to do with SSBB. >>;

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Wait a second, I'm OK with you bashing on Lyndis, but NOBODY disses Matthew, got that? Matthew was by far the coolest person to walk the earth in that game. He was especially useful in....the chapter with all the archers.....and the stupid archer boss who only repeated one thing over and over. it was late like 28 or something. Anyway, Matthew pretty much did that whole level by himself.

The Crimson Flash? Why are you bashing on all the awesome people? Actually, why do they make the cool people not the best? None of it makes sense! ARGH! DA*N FIRE EMBLEM LOGIC!!!

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Lost respect when you put Hector/Ike/Ephraim above Celice

Sigurd I could understand, But Celice Hell no. Ever been to FE sanctuary of Strategy?

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anyone can decide who's good and who isn't. Every person uses the characters differently and they level up at random (the stats I mean). So a certain character can turn out better or worse for one person than for another. If a character "sucks" it's probably because you don't use them often or you use them for the wrong moments. Same as Smash. If someone says that C.Falcon sucks, It's because that someone can't play well with C.Falcon. Doesn't mean he sucks. Can you say moot?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Strength of the character isn't about how good the stats are total, it's about distribution. Lyn is just incredible... hector is on roughly the same level, but Eliwood is awful in comparison.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Lyn is the strongest unbroken lord that I've seen. Double attacking, scoring crits and dodging like she does completely negates her average stats in Str, Def and HP
Yeah, the other lords do have the possiblity of being better with thier far greater strength also she has a low consitution which makes the weapons weight damage her speed, but I am still all for her.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wait a second, I'm OK with you bashing on Lyndis, but NOBODY disses Matthew, got that? Matthew was by far the coolest person to walk the earth in that game. He was especially useful in....the chapter with all the archers.....and the stupid archer boss who only repeated one thing over and over. it was late like 28 or something. Anyway, Matthew pretty much did that whole level by himself.

The Crimson Flash? Why are you bashing on all the awesome people? Actually, why do they make the cool people not the best? None of it makes sense! ARGH! DA*N FIRE EMBLEM LOGIC!!!
It doesn't matter how awesome they are.

They are garbage.

Matthew is statistically garbage, averaging only a mere 16 STR and being locked to swords. Chapter 28? Ah, I see you are playing Eliwood's normal mode where even the worst units can do something. Come back when you can beat Hector's hard mode. Matthew's abysmal STR, subpar DEF, and terrible RES will have you hating him.

Marissa fails in usefulness compared to other units. She's useless. Like Nino.

mog87

Smash Ace
youre missing the only point of assassins...instant kill. they cap at 20 str anyway which is pittiful. Therefore you want them critting as much as possible, so as an assassin matthew is superior due to his supports He can get major crit and half of every crit is instant kill. Legault is the better theif, matt the sin. Besides if someone going in the game its due to character popularity not stats. Marth was *** the good portion of fe1 and roy was mediocre.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Legault crushes Matthew tremendously in SKL, LUK, RES, and DEF.

Matthew can achieve a slightly higher critical rate due to his affinity, while Legault's supports offer little critical bonuses, but Legault's higher STR and SKL will make his damage output just as high.

That OHKO is unreliable and dumb. Go with Heroes and Berserkers for easy kills, or strong units like Sain and Hector. =/

Matthew really has no place in your army after you get Legault. He becomes obsolete, and he can't hold his own in hard mode at all.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
So you're saying to just use the characters who have better stats, and don't care about the person? Well then, I'll just use Dorcas, Bartre, Duessel, Bastion, Maria, Maria's brother.......And hate every minute of gameplay!

I don't know who is good out of those, but I don't like them...that's why I said those people.

Also, stats mean NOTHING when putting a character into Smash, simply because, how can they relate the two stat systems? They can't. Matthew would be exactly the same as Legault in Smash. In the end, it's the popularity and 'coolness' factor that gets a character into Smash.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Also, stats mean NOTHING when putting a character into Smash, simply because, how can they relate the two stat systems? They can't. Matthew would be exactly the same as Legault in Smash. In the end, it's the popularity and 'coolness' factor that gets a character into Smash.
I agree. Seriously, if they put characters in based on stats, Marth would have had no chance in Hell of making it into Melee.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Nor Roy. Lyn has great stats but regardless of whether you agree or not, that doesn't make a difference. She is a VERY popular character and has a great chance of making it in. She's a good decision.

mog87

Smash Ace
Legault crushes Matthew tremendously in SKL, LUK, RES, and DEF.

Matthew can achieve a slightly higher critical rate due to his affinity, while Legault's supports offer little critical bonuses, but Legault's higher STR and SKL will make his damage output just as high.

That OHKO is unreliable and dumb. Go with Heroes and Berserkers for easy kills, or strong units like Sain and Hector. =/

Matthew really has no place in your army after you get Legault. He becomes obsolete, and he can't hold his own in hard mode at all.

Not when your crit rate is like 90 and you attack twice, youre pretty much getting alot of OHKOs. And anyways assassins arent that good anyway, but Matthew is the superior assassin due to supports. Legault is the better theif, and again as I and others others have said stat growths wont mean anything its the character.

Top Bottom